A Computer Question...

Thread: A Computer Question...

Blog Entries

Default A Computer Question...

Hello! I would like to ask a question...
    So, right now I have a hard drive (250 GB, I'd say)...and I have installed Windows XP and 7 inside the hard drive together (multiboot). Now, I never use the Windows XP operating system and my Windows 7 system's hard drive partition is running out of space (1.1-1.7 GB of free space) and I was thinking of deleting the Windows XP system to get some free space. Problem is, the Windows XP's hard drive partition is the partition used to boot the operating systems (the Windows Boot Manager is in Windows XP)...
    So, I can't delete the partition, because if I did, I can't boot my system anymore. Actually, I could delete the partition and then reinstall the Windows Boot Manager using my Windows 7 Installation DVD, but would that be completely safe? I'm just asking this so I can find out whether it's safe or not. I'm also going to ask about resizing my Windows 7 hard drive partition. I will be using EASEUS Partition Master 8.0.1 Home Edition (a free software used to manage partitions) to resize my hard drive partition to make it bigger. Would using this software be safe?

Thank you for trying to answer this question for me, everyone!
    If you need more information, just let me know.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A Computer Question...

1. EASEUS is safe. I've used it.
    2. Just set 7 as your active partition.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Blog Entries

to Gligar13: But this whole process will be 100% safe, right? You know, the part where you delete the Windows XP partition and reinstalling the Windows Boot Manager?
    Also including the resizing process, right? It's 100% safe, right? Oh yeah, if you need the information...it's in a condition where there will be NO power failures and unexpected problems.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

7 has it's own boot manager, just set it to active. Resizing with that app is safe too, I've done it. Unlike FDisk, it does not accidentally your whole hdd.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.