So, like the title says, i've got some ps/2 peripheral devices that are bugging out, along with the monitor. Most times, everything works out fine, but if it's left alone for too long, the mouse and Keyboard stop working. Also, if the monitor is left alone long enough for it to go into standby, it occasionally fails to recieve signal again. Now, i've checked every device, and it's always still fully plugged in when it happens, and pulling it out and plugging it back in seems to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas how i might fix this permanently? I've read online and people having similar problems have gotten USB mice and Keyboards, but that doesn't solve the monitor issue. The monitor has bugged out on me before; once, when I was streaming General Conference off the interwebs, the screen completely blacked out, no sound either, for a good minute or two. It eventually came back on, but it's still worrying me. I've told my dad about the possibility of buying a USB mouse and Keyboard for the computer, but he failed to see how that would help, and suggested that we try another ps/2 keyboard and mouse that we have in a shed out back, which I fail to see the usefulness of, but anyways...

In other information, the computer is running Windows 7, and we've recently lost the HDD (the SATA connector on the HDD itself just up and busted for no apparent reason... We've theorized a static surge, but broke is broke, no matter how it happens), and have a temporary one from a techie friend of mine to use until we get the data from our old one and (possibly unneeded) another HDD. It's an HP computer, and i think it's at least 5 years old.