Classic Controller Pro Review

Thread: Classic Controller Pro Review

Insanity is the one truth Senzura's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Classic Controller Pro Review

For those who don't know, the Classic Controller Pro is a Wii controller designed exactly like a PS3 controller, and is mainly used to replicate a PS control system feel.

From what I know, the only game that utilizes this controller so far is Monster Hunter tri, but correct me if Im wrong. Monster Hunter recently switched from Playstation system to Wii, so I guess this controller was made so MH vets could have the same control feel.

So I just picked up this controller from best buy about 20 minutes ago and decided "why not make a review?". Im gonna do a before-play and after-play review (which I'll edit in later)

Before you read I suggest you go look at a picture of the controller.
    BTW this review is based mainly on how well the controller replicates Playstation controllers
    BEFORE PLAY:
    So at first glance, there is one huge diffence, Its MUCH wider. While at first may may not seem to bother some, it may feel quite akward to reach over to push start, which in many games is the pause button, so it may be a hinderence. So its preety much a NES controller with two handles. the normal PS controller has two circles to house the directional and main buttons, this controller has one big slate.

One other big thing that bothers me is the square, triangle,circle, and X buttons (in this case the A,B,Y,X buttons.). A PS controller makes a perfect cross shape, allowing equal amount of effort to get to each. My experiance shows this pervents mis-clicks. However, the CCP makes an akward shape, with the Y/square and the A/circle botton MUCH farther apart than the X/triangle and B/X buttons are. The feels a little akward. The Y button seems to take a tad bit of effort to click when just testing the buttons, but the A button seems threatengly close to the edge, I always feel like Im gonna accidently click it.

Now for the L1/R1/L2/R2 buttons, or on the CCP L/R/ZL/ZR. I......actually like the CCP version better than the PS version. They are much smaller, and are much easier to click. One problem with PS controller:NOT CLICKING BACK BUTTONS ENOUGH. I always find myself re-clicking these buttons on the PS controller because I didnt bush down enough, causing the game to not register them. The CCP makers these buttons much simplier and much seasier to click. Then again, we are gonna have to see how well the wii registers them.

Analog. There small. very small. The PS analogs are big, preventing my fingers from slipping off. I....just dont like nintendo analogs....there just too small. I think Im just gonna end it there, and save myself a rant

Final Verdict: Despite some akward differences from the PS controller, the CCP imo, is made very well. Actually, its much more comfortable to hold than a PS controller. The biggest querrel I have is that I feel like Im streching my hand holding it. Then again, I still need to test how it feels actually playing with it.

After Play review:
    coming once I actually play with the CCP

BTW: this is my first ever review, so go easy on me

URPG StatslNational Park
    Im a ranger in that URPG thing. ask me to...range?

PM me if you have an idea for a signiture.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Classic Controller Pro Review

Don't compare it to a PS controller. It's just coincidence that's it's so similar. Compare it to the original instead.
    Also, on your comment about the ABXY buttons, the button positions can be helpful depending on what game your playing (SMB is a good example.)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Classic Controller Pro Review

Quote Originally Posted by Senzura View Post
    From what I know, the only game that utilizes this controller so far is Monster Hunter tri, but correct me if Im wrong.
    The CCP is useful anywhere the original CC was, so that means basically the entire Virtual Console library as well as the games on this list.

Quote Originally Posted by RegiRuler View Post
    Also, on your comment about the ABXY buttons, the button positions can be helpful depending on what game your playing (SMB is a good example.)
    Would you says a CC/CCP is significantly better for SNES games than a GC controller? Assuming you've played any on VC, that is.