Is CGI/ Flash that bad ????

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Shinobu
  • 1 Post By John Understands
  • 1 Post By ghaskan
  • 1 Post By Robo-Floatzel

Thread: Is CGI/ Flash that bad ????

Default Is CGI/ Flash that bad ????

When was the last time I post a thread on the forum ???

After reading from a thread related to CGI, I have to talk about so i get it out my head.

Computer/3D animation, there people who like, there people who hate. Some think it revolutionary, some think it not. When ever I view Youtube videos of old cartoon their comments saying that animation was better back then or that CGI is the worse thing ever. Yes it their opinion, but I disagree with them.

There were people who didn't like the CGI direction of TMNT.

Let not forget flash animation, people don't seem to like it.

I had watch CGI show that interested me such the Roughnecks:Starship Troopers Chronicles, a underrated series that told good stories and character developed. I even liked the CGI Spider-man series which ended in a cliffhanger. Father of the Pride was okay but didn't go well because NBC aired to the wrong viewers.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Default Re: Is CGI/ Flash that bad ????

Some/most of the hate for CGI is probably a combination of nostalgia goggles and resentment of how dominant CGI is in animated media.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

2D animation was limited back in the Filmation era of cartoons

The Sworn Brothers Adyniz's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Adyniz On Twitter

Some of the CGI shows are fine like Transformers Cybertron. Even Code Lyoko was fine with the CGI mixed up concept. But they messed up real bad with TMNT and Winx Club.

TMNT isn't that bad, they element of the the comic and originally series. So they made something CGI, it a bad thing. Look at the Green Lantern, I admit that I wasn't impress by it, but I end liking it because story.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! John Understands's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow John Understands on Tumblr Visit John Understands's Youtube Channel

CGI is not that bad, if done correctly.

Like, for example, any Pixar movie.

If done incorrectly, it will suck.

Like, say, the Thomas The Train Engine series.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

I'm OK with "full" CGI myself. When I find myself displeased about it, it's mostly because a) It's not well done b)the movie/show/whatever was previously a cartoon and I'm adamant about the change of style; that happens with live action too. As for "partial" CGI (in live action movies/shows/etc) it's fine as long as it actually enriches the experience and it's not there just for show off. More often than not I don't bode well with excessive CGI in these cases.
    Kaori likes this.

CGI is not that bad, if done correctly.

Like, for example, any Pixar movie.

If done incorrectly, it will suck.
    1. Models had become expensive,
    2. Thomas is aim toward younger kids, they don't even care about the animation.
    3. You you know that different between television and movies.
    Last edited by P-fan; 22nd January 2013 at 02:59 PM.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

First off, I do understand most of the hatred for both Flash animation and CGI animation. In the case of both, especially CGI, it's mainly because of nostalgic people who grew up with the 2D animation of the 80's and 90's, as well as how prominent it is anymore, combined with the money that's spent on both kinds of animation.

I should tell you that Flash is but an animation tool, not a medium like people have seemingly been lead to believe. If Flash is used correctly, you can do great things with it, just look at My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic for example if you want to see what Flash is capable of doing. It takes time, money, and skill to do something with Flash, the problem is that it's so cheap to animate with it, hence why a large amount of Flash animated cartoons are hated.

As for CGI animation, again, like Flash animation, you can do great things with it if it's used correctly, otherwise it can end up being a disaster. The reason CGI is often hated, however, is because of two things: One being that people who grew up in the 80's and 90's watching 2D animated shows aren't accustom to it, and bash on it in the name of nostalgia, the other, probably larger reason is that it's overused to death anymore since it makes the most money of any animated show or movie in recent times.

Outside of animation, a larger contributing factor is the writing of Flash and CGI animated shows and films, again, if you spend time and money on it, you can come up with something great, otherwise it can end up being hated by many people, and that would be a problem.
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 22nd January 2013 at 03:10 PM.
    Kaori likes this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

I have had grew up with 80's and 90's cartoons amd became impress with CGI animation. Reboot, Beast Wars, and Shadow Raiders.