• 1 Post By Reila
  • 1 Post By Bad Apple
  • 2 Post By BladeLight52
  • 1 Post By Dolce

Thread: Battle Themes!

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Battle Themes!

What are your guys favourite battle themes from any game? Whether it be RPGs, combat or anything in between.

I've always loved Bully's soundtrack, each clique when fought had there own battle them which was stylised on the cliques, for example the jocks is quite upbeat, cheery song, the greasers takes from 50s rock, and nerds takes from synth pop.

http://youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=HSoRpdbYXlQ]
    This is the Jock's theme and I quite like it, certainly suits the game.

So how about you guys, favourite battle themes?
    Kaori and Dolce like this.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

Default Re: Battle Themes!

No More Heroes (1&2) has some of my favorite boss themes. Which is good since the series is essentially an extended boss rush.

T459O Best VGM #127 - No More Heroes 2 - Subuta.1 (Alice Twilight) - YouTube
    The theme to my favorite boss in the series. At this point, the hero doubts his path and an epic struggle of some sort occurs with an enemy he highly sympathizes with!

No More Heroes 2 - It's Kill or Be Killed ~ Destroy Resort - YouTube
    Also the main theme is catchy as hell and this is my favorite version of it.

Blog Entries

I am sucker for battle themes ;-; Here are a few of my favorite tracks (not counting Pokémon themes):

- Koubai from The King of Fighters XI
    - Supporting Me from Sonic Adventures 2 (I hate the game, though)
    - Theme of Dudley from Street Figher 4
    - Theme of Sakura from Street Fighter 4
    - Theme of Viewtiful Joe from Marvel vs Capcom 3
    - Theme of Zero from Marvel vs Capcom 3
    - Theme of Doctor Doom from Marvel vs Capcom 3
    - Stickerbrush Symphony from Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    - Snake Eater (Instrumental) from Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    - Boss Battle from Shin Megami Tensei IV

Mostly from fighting games. There are tons of others, but these are the ones I could think off at the moment.

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love the battle themes from Twilight Princess. My favorites are probably...

Blizzeta phase 2 (Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Blizzeta theme (phase 2) - YouTube)
    Darknut (Darknut - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - YouTube)
    and Zant (Zelda: Twilight Princess - Zant - YouTube)

Zant's my most favorite, since his is a distorted mix of every major boss theme in the game.
    Reila likes this.
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Insert Custom User Title exordia's Avatar

I'm choosing some themes from Persona 3 and 4 (which have all around some of the best music in games IMO):

Reach out to the Truth (Persona 4 - Reach Out To The Truth)
    I'll Face Myself (Persona 4 - I'll Face Myself -Battle-)
    Burn My Dread - Last Battle (Persona 3 - Burn My Dread -Last Battle-)
    Battle Hymn of The Soul (Persona 3 - Battle Hymn of The Soul)
    Mass Destruction (Persona 3 - Mass Destruction)

I love them, even in spite of their incomprehensible english lyrics. They're catchy as hell too.

Blog Entries

"A Despair~filled Farewell ~Battle with the Colossus~" (Shadow of the Colossus)
    "Koloktos Battle Theme" (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
    "Final Bowser Battle" (Super Mario Galaxy 2)
    "Dancing Mad" (Final Fantasy VI) Specifically the Distant Worlds II arrangement.

My favorite battles themes are the ones that use a live symphony orchestra.
    Last edited by BladeLight52; 28th July 2013 at 10:35 PM.
    Reila and Gaga like this.

The Dimension Witch Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

The game that immediately comes to mind with battle themes I love is Bayonetta, my top favorite from the series being In the Choice between Good and Evil Sapientia's theme.

Another favorite of mine is the Rune Factory Tides of Destiny Final Boss theme. Both Parts that is.
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjeTCdRnytM
    2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_oZQ8tjLqA
    Gaga likes this.

IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Global Trade Station
    "There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable."

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let's see:

Sonic 3 & Knuckles- Act 2 Boss Theme- Sonic 3 Music: Major bosses [extended] - YouTube
    Sonic Generations 3DS- Vs. Big Arm- Sonic Generations [3DS] - Big Arm [Extended] - YouTube
    Sonic Generations- Vs. Metal Sonic- Sonic Generations "vs. Metal Sonic (Stardust Speedway Bad Future) JP [Generations Mix]" Music - YouTube
    Sonic Generations- Vs. Egg Dragoon- Sonic Generations [OST] - Vs. Egg Dragoon - YouTube
    Sonic 06- Vs. Solaris 2- Sonic the hedgehog 2006 "Solaris Phase 2" Music - YouTube
    Sonic Unleashed- Vs. Dark Gaia 1- Sonic Unleashed : Dark Gaia Phase 1 - YouTube
    Sonic Unleashed- Vs. Dark Gaia 2- Sonic Unleashed : Dark Gaia Phase 2 - Endless Possibilities - Orchestra Version - YouTube
    Sonic Unleashed- Vs. Egg Dragoon- Sonic Unleashed : Egg-Dragoon Boss - YouTube
    Sonic Colors- Vs. Captain Jelly/Admiral Jelly- vs. Captain Jelly and Admiral Jelly (Boss - Sweet Mountain and Aquarium Park) (from Sonic Colors) - YouTube
    Sonic Colors- Vs. Orcan/Skullian- vs. Orcan and Skullian (Boss - Starlight Carnival and Asteroid Coaster) (from Sonic Colors) - YouTube
    Super Mario Galaxy- Vs. King Kaliente/Bugaboom/Topmaniac- King Kaliente - Super Mario Galaxy - YouTube
    Super Mario Galaxy- Bowser Jr.'s Theme- Bowser Jr. - Super Mario Galaxy - YouTube
    Super Mario Galaxy- Vs. Bouldergeist/King Bonefin- Bouldergeist - Super Mario Galaxy 2 - YouTube
    Super Mario Galaxy- Vs. Major Burrows- Major Burrows - Super Mario Galaxy 2 - YouTube
    Kirby 64- Vs. Boss- Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards Music- Boss Battle - YouTube
    Kirby 64- Vs. Miracle Matter- Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - Miracle Matter Battle Theme - YouTube
    Kirby's Epic Yarn- Vs. Hot Wings- Vs. Hot Wings - Kirby's Epic Yarn - YouTube
    Kirby's Epic Yarn- Vs. Meta Knight- Vs. Meta Knight - Kirby's Epic Yarn - YouTube
    Kirby's Return to Dreamland- Vs. Boss- Kirby's Return to Dreamland music - Boss Battle - YouTube
    Kirby's Return to Dreamland- Vs. Grand Doomer- Grand Doomer - Kirby's Return to Dream Land - YouTube
    Metroid Prime- Vs. Meta Ridley-Metroid Prime Music- Meta Ridley Battle - YouTube
    Metroid Prime 2- Vs. Ing- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Music- Ing Battle - YouTube
    Metroid Prime 2- Vs. Dark Samus- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Music- Dark Samus Battle - YouTube
    Donkey Kong Country- Bad Boss Boogie- Bad Boss Boogie - Donkey Kong Country (GBA) Music Extended - YouTube
    Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)- Vs. Arich/Kroctopus- Arich Boss - Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) Music Extended - YouTube

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr