Anyone Been Playing the New Sim City?

Thread: Anyone Been Playing the New Sim City?

Blog Entries
    Add Hedface on Facebook
    Visit Hedface's Youtube Channel

Default Anyone Been Playing the New Sim City?

My friend recently downloaded the new Sim City and he is totally in love with it. Sounds interesting enough - I myself have very little experience with it, only having played the first version way back when. The new disasters sound like fun, and I'd like another game to keep myself occupied until Gen VI makes its way here.
    I have heard of the DRM problems the game has faced: apparently the servers are so overloaded that they took away Cheetah speed entirely. A lot of people are upset. I'm also not sure I want to buy a game that forces me to be online every time I play it.
    I was just wondering if anybody here has played it, and if so is it worth the money to buy it, with all the problems they've been having?

Jumping on the Fenne-Bandwagon

Blog Entries

Visit Orion's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Anyone Been Playing the New Sim City?

I'm not sure if you've bought it yet. But if you haven't, don't. Don't give EA your money.

Oh God yes, it is great to be honest; I was doubtful about playing it at first, with all the fuss – but it isn’t as bad as they all make it out to be. I’m a Sim City veteran of sorts; I can remember playing Sim City 2000 in the 1990s & every one of them since, the newest game is by far the best one I've played.

I’m struggling to grapple with my city though, I’ve built a university & pretty much everything else, but it is all so hard to pay for, I’ll get there though... my city, Sunrise has roughly around 100.000 residents in it.
    Last edited by Side By Side; 27th April 2013 at 09:41 AM.

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

I'm still considering whether to buy it or not. I seen lots of videos on YouTube it doesn't have the same excitement as Sim City 4 does. I played all the other Sim City games before (4 is my favorite to date).

From what I seen in the YouTube vids, the player can't build freeway or its interchanges, I haven't seen any light rail either, haven't seen bridges either. I also have not seen anyone driving the vehicles around in any of the videos. It doesn't catch my interest.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    - 4871-3995-3493
    Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    I have many teams in Kalos - my original team will always be:
    Original Y Team - IGN Maria: Delphox - Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon