Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Page 31

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Follow dada On Twitter
    Follow dada on Tumblr Visit dada's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

My friend code is 2852-7585-5204, player name is Dada and town name is Kraut. No dream address yet...reallllllly gotta get around to setting that up seen as how I already have the building :)

3DS FC: 2852-7585-5204 - TSV: 850
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Machoke, Throh, Tyrogue)
    Feel free to add my code and PM me yours!

Kalos Fishing Guide - List of All Pokémon Anime Episodes - My Reddit Account and Reference Topic

Blog Entries

Other than my new villager Dizzy, I've got a complete wish list:

Black Instrument - Lionel
    White Umbrella- Mira
    Green Furniture- Pango
    Green Clothes- Rocket
    Electronics- Pancho
    Black Umbrella -Jambette
    Orange Umbrella- Fang
    Beige Furniture- Miranda

Three of my villagers want umbrellas. Apparently they're the new fad now. They could wish for a bunch of other cool stuff, but nope: Umbrellas!! What a bunch of weirdos.

I got so lucky with Dizzy though too. I needed a lazy villager, but I also needed him to park somewhere not on my paths. Somehow it worked out and he just demolished some trees, which I don't really mind.
    Leggo likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr Visit Leggo's Youtube Channel

I was working on this post yesterday and then all of a sudden Bulbagarden was down. Luckily, there's a restore content button, but just to be safe, I cut and pasted it in a safe place for the time being. I felt very frustrated not being able to post this.

So yesterday, I was going to go to the island and I recently joined Club Tortimer (the Bell Boom made the membership go up from 50 to 60 medals; I think), so Kapp'n asks me if I want to to fancy Club Tortimer Island and I said yes because this was my first time. Luckily, it only costed the same amount of bells as a regular visit. I chose North America and the first person I met on there was a decent guy. We went on a tour together and then I guess he eventually went away. What I don't like is how the game makes me save when people arrive and leave from the island because I lost a chance to get a shark (I recently improved my fishing skills. Fishing in the Pokemon games and catching Pokemon makes me less anticipated compared to me waiting for that fish to decide to bite, not nibble on my line). What's interesting is how I managed to only have one person with me on the island at a time even though they were coming and going. Either that or I need to add friends in order to visit their towns and maybe that would be better than having some random person who might ruin the game for everyone else.

Beside all that saving nonsense, I had a decent time fishing. A girl, I have no idea how old she was, but she asked me how old I was, so I replied, "I'm just old. I'm in college." and I guess she and I had a big age difference because she just left. (By the way, I don't really like the Animal Crossing: New Leaf keyboard even though it has a large variety of symbols to use. In my TPC, I put from negative infinity to postive infinity; using the symbols.)
    Anyways, this one person apparently wanted to wreck the island by cutting down all the trees and left holes everywhere as exhibited by the picture below. The island wrecker left (forgot to block her!) and this new person (He's in the screenshot. He had a cool look going on, by the way) came and I guess he was disappointed by how the island looked even though he could just fished like I did or dived, unless he wanted to get those giant bugs that like going on the banana trees and are so sensitive to movement that they seem to fly away when I try to get close to them.
    I didn't mind that much since I was a little more focused on fishing. (Maybe a lot of people left me because I didn't go on tours with them...)
    But in order for other people's time not to be ruined and just in case, someone might get mad at me; thinking that I was the one who did this mess, I left the island; somewhat satisfied by all the flowers that I got.

I don't think I will be visiting Club Tortimer Island that much also due to the fact that I read about some trolls, online, who ask to go on tours, but then don't go on them; leaving other people on the island stranded and this would not allow them to go. Also, the fact that only one person can talk to Leilani (Kapp'n's missus behind the counter!) at a time and that you cannot really leave right away after a person does.

Open the spoiler for more amazing stuff!

Some things from today.

And that's all, I have for today. I'm just confused to give some villagers on Toy Day because one, Kabuki gave what color he wanted the present and what kind of item he wanted, but anyways, I'm not that into the events since I'm a little more interested in town development than furniture. Then again, I'll try to see what I can do even though the requests do seem a little bit specific to the point in which I don't know if I can fulfill every requirement.
    Xita likes this.

Don't you worry, child Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Follow Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Ice Ricky on Tumblr

My fifth visit to the Reset Surveillance Center! Of course Resetti was screaming for me to get out, but his brother was nice. :) I didn't get Resetti's pic, though; this whole time I assumed he would just give it to me when I visited, but it looks like it'll actually come in the mail tomorrow morning. We'll see, I guess.

I also got a hybrid red rose today, which means I should be one step closer to getting a blue rose. And as a bonus I got a hybrid red pansy, which means I'm also one step closer to getting a purple pansy. Woot!

Nothing else of consequence, except that the Emporium refuses to sell Jingle Series furniture and instead it sells Festive Theme furniture. And Goose still has no plans to move out yet. >:(

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    -snip about the Island-
    Stuff like that is exactly why I only go to the Island by myself. I can just as easily play the Island games by myself, plus I only go to the Island to make extra Bells from fishing/catching bugs anyway.

I realized, in my town, everyday has a money rock and a rock for ores.
    Yup, and sometimes the Bells rock gives out ores instead! (I think you need to hit the rock with a silver or golden shovel for a chance to get ores instead of Bells).

And that's all, I have for today. I'm just confused to give some villagers on Toy Day because one, Kabuki gave what color he wanted the present and what kind of item he wanted, but anyways, I'm not that into the events since I'm a little more interested in town development than furniture. Then again, I'll try to see what I can do even though the requests do seem a little bit specific to the point in which I don't know if I can fulfill every requirement.
    Just an FYI (if I'm understanding this correctly), you don't need to actually buy these items for them for Toy Day. Jingle gives them to you in a bag if you wear a full Santa outfit, and then you just have to deliver the right item to the right villager. (You can read more about it here.)
    Leggo likes this.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Xita View Post
    Other than my new villager Dizzy, I've got a complete wish list:

Black Instrument - Lionel
    White Umbrella- Mira
    Green Furniture- Pango
    Green Clothes- Rocket
    Electronics- Pancho
    Black Umbrella -Jambette
    Orange Umbrella- Fang
    Beige Furniture- Miranda

Three of my villagers want umbrellas. Apparently they're the new fad now. They could wish for a bunch of other cool stuff, but nope: Umbrellas!! What a bunch of weirdos.

I got so lucky with Dizzy though too. I needed a lazy villager, but I also needed him to park somewhere not on my paths. Somehow it worked out and he just demolished some trees, which I don't really mind.
    roald - (yellow) doll
    wolfgang - (orange) clothing
    henry - (gray) furniture
    bob - (white) carpet
    del - (yellow) wallpaper
    merengue - (pink) doll
    whitney - (white) lamp
    flora - (black) doll

mine seem to love dolls xP

I just wanted to screenshot this. The one on the right had silver in it.
    WHOA where is that path from? o.0 is it a QR path? ;0
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 9th December 2013 at 03:38 AM.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr Visit Leggo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post

I just wanted to screenshot this. The one on the right had silver in it.
    WHOA where is that path from? o.0 is it a QR path? ;0
    No, that area is close by Town Hall, so it must be the path coming from it.

Blog Entries

Anybody else get the bulletin board message that a snowstorm was hitting tomorrow?

I'm excited :D Is it finally time for winter to settle in? I want to build snowmen!

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I didn't check in yesterday, but today it's snowing a heck of a lot and there was a notice from yesterday that a large snowstorm would hit "tomorrow", so I guess I'm finally getting my snowy landscape too! Very excited. Hopefully I can take this unusually long snowfall as a chance to hoard a few snowflakes in preparation, though it's very annoying that you can't store or place them in any way.

A new villager also moved in, but I'm not exactly thrilled with them either if I am honest. It's Bud, who I otherwise wouldn't mind, but because the number of villagers I either dislike or am indifferent to is creeping up, it's a little irritating, especially since he went and plonked himself right next to the little fountain square area I have going on. Sigh. When villagers are able to do such things I honestly wonder why I bother landscaping!

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Yeah, I also got hit by the snowstorm today. According to this website, the snowy landscape should appear in everyone's game starting on the 11th.

Speaking of--if any of you see this message in time, this is the perfect opportunity to search for a coelacanth! It only appears when it precipitates, 4PM-9AM. Of course it's as rare as a Mew, but it doesn't hurt to try!

Nothing much has been happening in my town. The only noteworthy thing is that I've spoken to Greta more than 30 times now over the past three days, and she has yet to tell me the color of the item she wants for Toy Day! >:(
    Leggo likes this.

Blog Entries

Yessss, wonderful! I can't to see all the trees covered in snow!

And ugh Coelacanth. Caught that months ago. It wasn't fun. all those sea bass...
    Leggo likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I actually ended up catching two very close together at the time back in the summer, iirc. I can't help but think a fluke like that will probably never happen for me again.

But yes, I have my snowy landscape! It's super cute. Very refreshing after everything looking so dead and brown. For anyone who wants to get onto making the snow family, the source I usually rely on has a guide here. The only discrepancy I can spot immediately is the dates in February that are mentioned, as those are different. I can't look for another right this second so I will verify the date later on if nobody else does. c:
    Leggo likes this.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Blog Entries

It's a winter wonderland in Tartarus! I love the new sound effect of the snow under your feet.

Also I had no idea about that the snowman thing changed from previous ACs. I got a nice looking one on the first try, which is odd because I usually suck at it.

I unlocked the male hairstyles at Shampoodle the other day too, and I completed the Santa outfit. Things are going well here.
    Leggo likes this.

I am really loving this new snowy landscape. The autumn brownness was way too monochrome for my liking, but the contrast between the snow and the non-grassy spots now looks really nice. (The snow also makes it easier to notice star-shaped cracks on the ground!)

I spent most of today moving furniture around. I have about half of the Jingle Series now, so I'm starting to reconfigure the furniture in my house for the Happy Home Theme Challenge. I'm also going through my kiosk and buying items that fit the Toy Shop theme. And I'm working on getting the rest of my mannequins because I didn't realize there were more to get in the game (I currently have two and there are four total).

Also, small but (I thought) funny story: I was trying to build a Snowmam today because I wanted to get rid of the snowflakes that were taking over my inventory. I probably spent about ten minutes rolling the snowballs around to get the perfect size. And my snowballs were the perfect size alright--for a Snowboy! XD Oh well, at least I'm getting special furniture from him!

And are dung beetles really so strong that they can move around snowballs that are about twice their size like they do in New Leaf? I was very confused/amused when I first witnessed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
    But yes, I have my snowy landscape! It's super cute. Very refreshing after everything looking so dead and brown. For anyone who wants to get onto making the snow family, the source I usually rely on has a guide here. The only discrepancy I can spot immediately is the dates in February that are mentioned, as those are different. I can't look for another right this second so I will verify the date later on if nobody else does. c:
    I would much appreciate if you could verify that February date. I tried doing my own search and I ended up spotting like five different dates that ranged from Feb 14th to Feb 28th. X__x;;

Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Ricky View Post
    I would much appreciate if you could verify that February date. I tried doing my own search and I ended up spotting like five different dates that ranged from Feb 14th to Feb 28th. X__x;;
    That feel tho. I have the same problem. Came home and did a search and I'm only finding the same information. If I were you I'd just work to the 14th as a "deadline" of sorts. Hopefully we're both just really bad and unlucky at searching and there's actually a concrete, accurate date out there ahahaha "OTL It'd be really handy if we knew someone with the game in Japan since they've played through a winter already before this and may have been able to verify.

I can relate on the Snowman front. I first thought I had the right size for a Snowmam and made a perfect Snowman. I'm wondering if it's really just a lot of luck since even using the character's own height to gauge it there wasn't much clarity without pre-assembled reference pictures (which I was actually able to find here today!). Either way, I'm really quite disappointed since there's really little to no chance I'll get around to completing the bingo sheet he gave me and I think he actually looks quite creepy. The bingo-numbered eyes don't help anything.

hni_0080.jpg

I finally got a camper (Kabuki; I wanted him to move in but he was too reluctant. Countless games and endless chatting could not persuade him) and the igloo really looks quite beautiful at night.

hni_0084.jpg

And I got my second fashion check done!

hni_0083.jpg

With the items she's given me so far I've assembled a little fashion room in the museum to keep the rarer clothing items I have but will essentially never use or just won't wear for a while. I'm getting a little more organised... Slowly. :P I've got everything but the Santa beard together and I've heard almost all of my villagers' wants for Toy Day, so I should be well set by the 24th. I just really need to make a Snowmam today!
    Last edited by Kaori; 13th December 2013 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
    That feel tho. I have the same problem. Came home and did a search and I'm only finding the same information. If I were you I'd just work to the 14th as a "deadline" of sorts. Hopefully we're both just really bad and unlucky at searching and there's actually a concrete, accurate date out there ahahaha "OTL It'd be really handy if we knew someone with the game in Japan since they've played through a winter already before this and may have been able to verify.
    Seeeeriously, if only we knew someone with the Japanese version, or if we had a time-jumper among us Animal Crossing players. At least we'll be able to confirm a date once winter is over? XD Yeah, I'm just gonna assume that the last day to make snowpeople is the 14th.

I got a Snowmam today! She said that I made her perfectly, but she's still asking me for five snowflakes per Ice Series item. (From my understanding, a perfectly-made Snowmam should only be asking for three snowflakes.) But whatever, now that she's in my town, there are plenty of snowflakes just breezing about (even on a sunny day like today!), so I should be able to get the complete series by the time she melts.

O'Hare gave me his pic again today. @__@;; And Greta finally told me the color of her present for Toy Day! Now I just need to figure out what item Gruff wants and I'll be set. (Especially since I'm not talking to Goose--I need to figure out what he wants by process of elimination.)

I did more furniture moving/buying. During the process I discovered that I'm missing one item from both my Robo Series and Card Series (as in they're not in my kiosk), so I can't get bonus HHA points for completing these two series. *tears* But I also have a lot of Toy Shop-themed items in general, so that's a plus. I also looked up info on the Reset Surveillance Center because I never got Resetti's pic from my last visit there. And sure enough, I found out that I had only made four visits to the Center instead of five! XD But the Reset Surveillance Center should be open again tonight, which means that I'll be able to make my fifth visit then and (finally) get that pic.

And just for fun, I decide to check my total play time for New Leaf--I finally passed the 300-hour mark! Now I'm only 200 hours away from getting that gold badge from Phineas. XD
    Kaori likes this.

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast