Amiibo
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amiibo

Blog Entries

Default Amiibo

Let’s talk about Amiibo!

What do you think of them?
    Which ones do you have/are you planning to get?
    Which ones are you anticipating?
    Do you actually use them or just collect them?
    Etc.

As for me, I’m very excited about Amiibo. Game merch is pretty much non-existent in (my part of) the Netherlands, so I’m very happy I can buy affordable figurines of my favourite characters at the local toy store now.

The only one I have right now is Pit and it’s the one I anticipated the most. Wanted to get Link first too, but I don’t like that he’s looking down all the time and I hate that yellow pole he's on.

Amiibo I’m waiting for are: Palutina, Dark Pit, Lucina and Robin.
    SoulSilver Nuzlocke

RIP:

Yellow Flicker Beat Shinehollow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Amiibo

I only have a Link one,and he's actually really nice.He's level 50.I'm going to see if I can get a Zelda one sometime this week.I can't wait until DHD and Dark Pit are released.

"Trapping me was a mistake. Failing, an expensive one. I think it's time for you to learn how expensive."

Blog Entries
    Add CakeFairyForever on Facebook

I have Marth, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Luigi and Yoshi. They are mostly just for collection purposes but I'll eventually use them in Mario Kart or Mario Party. I'll definatly be getting Shulk, Rosalina, and Meta Knight when they launch.

Friend Safari: Psychic (Munna Xatu Wobbuffet)
    Item Claims: Mornstar, Brotherhood, Flemeth's Grimoire, Yggdrasil
    Character Claims: Fenris (Dragon Age 2), Abelas (Dragon Age Inquisition), Mistress 9 (Sailor Moon), Hijikata Toshizo (Hakuoki), Mugen (Samurai Champloo)
    Other Claims: Dearly Beloved (Kingdom Hearts II), Ending Theme (Final Fantasy X), Kokoro no Kakera (Ni No Kuni)

CENTRAL TIME ZONE

I'm World Class Yang Xiao Long's Avatar Forum HeadModerator
    Blog Entries

I'm waiting for Lucina and Zero Suit Samus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

A E I Own You. PikachuColoredPichu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've gotten Peach, Samus, Link, Zelda and Yoshi. I'm hoping to get Rosalina & Luma when it comes out February (it's a Target exclusive).

I've used them in Smash Bros., but the nicknames I give them are secret.
    Official Claimer of Mii Fighter (Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U)
    3DS Code: 0860 - 3581 - 9005

Where's my Robin?

Where's my Robin?!

WHERE-

OK, I'll stop. I was considering buying a Link amiibo, but then I decided it wasn't worth it. Does anyone have any idea when the next set will be announced? Or is it relatively unknown?
    My planned dream team- in the works (eventually)

Official Claimer of Oblivion Wing on 3/15/14, of the Relic Crown and Enigma Stone on 5/17/14, and most especially Arcanine on 7/5/14! I also have Sumia from Fire Emblem: Awakening and Simon Blackquill from Ace Attorney. I also have the Hookshot (best item ever) from Legend of Zelda, Dragonstone and the tome Thoron from Fire Emblem, and the Crusader Blade from Kid Icarus Uprising. Not that anyone cares, of course...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrfing View Post
    Where's my Robin?

Where's my Robin?!

WHERE-

OK, I'll stop. I was considering buying a Link amiibo, but then I decided it wasn't worth it. Does anyone have any idea when the next set will be announced? Or is it relatively unknown?
    Sadly, I haven't been able to find anything about when the next announcement is expected. So far the sets have been announced before the previous set was even released, right? So let's hope that will become a trend and we'll hear about the next set this month.

Which Robin do you want, male or female? I wonder what they'll do with them, I doubt both versions will get their own Amiibo so I guess they'll either only release the male version or maybe both on one pedestal. I think I'd prefer the latter as I really like them both.
    SoulSilver Nuzlocke

RIP:

A E I Own You. PikachuColoredPichu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty sure it'll be male, since it's the default palette and icon on the selection screen. Won't stop you from assigning it to be female in-game though.

Anyway, these are the nicknames I gave my amiibos, decided to make it an un-secret:

Peach: Rapunzel
    Samus: Ruto
    Link: Ghoulia
    Zelda: Trixie
    Yoshi: Kirika
    Official Claimer of Mii Fighter (Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U)
    3DS Code: 0860 - 3581 - 9005

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm waiting to see if they're going to be used for more than costumes or a CPU character that plays the game for you. I don't care about collecting them, I just want to see if they have an interesting in game use. And so far, they've been far from interesting in that respect.

dunno y u gotta pain 2nyt Kagerou's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm obsessed with collecting these things. XD

I have all of wave 1, 2, and have all except for Rosalina preordered from wave 3. Yes, even the store exclusive ones.

I only intend to open Ness when he's released, but that's only if I encounter two.

Blog Entries

Follow Chibster on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Soki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrfing View Post
    Where's my Robin?

Where's my Robin?!

WHERE-

Sadly, I haven't been able to find anything about when the next announcement is expected. So far the sets have been announced before the previous set was even released, right? So let's hope that will become a trend and we'll hear about the next set this month.

Which Robin do you want, male or female? I wonder what they'll do with them, I doubt both versions will get their own Amiibo so I guess they'll either only release the male version or maybe both on one pedestal. I think I'd prefer the latter as I really like them both.
    I am guessing M Robin, because only the female Wii Fit Trainer was only released currently. I agree with you, though! I'd much prefer an Amiibo with both M/F Robin.

I actually don't own any Amiibo yet, but here are the ones I'll try to get: Shulk, Ness, Ike, Marth, Lucina, Robin, Charizard, Greninja, and Duck Hunt. Shulk is already pretty much sold out online, so I don't know that I'll do about that! I really doubt there are Shulk fans in my area, so I hope I could possibly pre-order him at Gamestop! xD
    3DS FC: 1864-8930-3851
    Claims: Crow Hogan, Inuyasha, Vash the Stampede, Makoto Tachibana, Edward Elric, Kyogre, Drizzle, Blue Apricorn, Squirtle Doll, Micaiah, Crimson Loftwing, Smiles and Tears, Peaceful Days

Blog Entries

What do you think of them?
    I think that it was a good move from Nintendo to release these things, since it might help the company gain the money the Wii U isn't making.

Which ones are you anticipating?
    If Bowser hasn't already been released then I'm waiting for Charizard and Lucario...if they are already on the stores well then I just need to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Soki
    Which ones do you have/are you planning to get?
    I haven't bought a single Amiibo but I'm planning to buy Kirby, Yoshi, Meta Knight, Lucario, Bowser, Mario, Fox McCloud, Charizard and of course who can't forget Pikachu.

Do you actually use them or just collect them?
    I will use them for the power boosting and making a more powerful Mario and Meta Knight but I plan to first buy one of these figurines first before I buy Super Smash Bros. 4 3DS because that game isn't cheap.
    My sons will feast on your corpse.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

The Amiibo figures are awesome! I love that Nintendo did this, because it lets a lot of their characters get some more spotlight. ^^

So far, I have:
    - Link
    - Luigi
    - Zelda (but I didn't want her. My mom thought she was hard to get and she knows I like the Zelda series. She just didn't know that I don't like this particular version of Princess Zelda. I like Toon Zelda and Skyward Sword Zelda, not Twilight Princess Zelda. So this one is just sitting in my closet collecting dust until I can give it to someone who actually wants it)

I got Link because he unlocks the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors! THE SPINNER!! MY ALL TIME FAVORITE ZELDA WEAPON! :D

I got Luigi because he's Luigi and I absolutely love Luigi. <3 He was always my favorite character growing up and he's still one of my favorites. :3

I'm planning to get:
    - Ike (I FREAKING LOVE HIM!! <3 Ike's games are my favorite games of all time too!)
    - Toon Link (he's adorable, even though I don't like Wind Waker. I love the Four Sword Zelda games which he also stars in though. ^^)
    - Rosalina (if she's ever available for preorder again...)

I have Ike and Toon Link preordered so far, just gotta hope the orders aren't canceled because of all the supply shortages happening... I might get Robin and Duck Hunt Dog too, not sure, really.

Blog Entries

I have Marth, Kirby, Peach, and Yoshi. I actually play with them like they're action figures so I can play SSB when I'm not actually playing my video games.

My mum bought me Kirby as a reward for behaving at the dentist's office. (I have a habit of putting up a fight at the dentist's office.) The rest I saved up money that I earned from working at the supermarket to buy.

I don't plan on getting any more. I only wanted four.
    Helga: Look, Phoebe you gotta snap out of this. I mean, criminy, it's not like it's the first time you ever farted. Heck, when you sleepover you do it all the time. You rip 'em all night long, they stink to high heaven. It's all I can do to keep from passing out.
    Phoebe: Just get out.
    - Hey Arnold

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't have any, and I'm not really planning on getting any yet. Of the announced ones so far, I think I'd like Shulk the most, but I bet he'll be hard to find, so I don't think I'll get him.

If any, I think the one I'm most likely to get is ROB, if the model looks good.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast