Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Page 8

Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Yeah. Instead, they're rotting in his deck. There's so much potential to make Yuma's duels more unique, all of which is wasted.
    I agree. While I can understand not using some of the Number cards more often, it would be more interesting to see Yuma summon a couple of them instead of spamming Hope all the time. It would also help to make him look like a better duelist, even though that might be too hard to pull off in a believable fashion considering that his skill level depends on if they want to make him look like a joke or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Human
    I loved the duels and the one-shot characters! The music monsters he summoned to beat them were awesome too. It was inevitable that he'd meet and duel with duelists that didn't have Number Cards anyways. Speaking of which, Astral did gain a new piece of his memories with the Number Card he got. It wasn't shown in the moment he got it, but in the next episode more animation of the "explosion" appeared. Not sure if it counts, though.
    I honestly thought that those duels and the one-shot characters were really boring. They didn't really offer anything interesting and it didn't really move the plot along at all. For a tournament like this with new villains, Yuma's duels shouldn't be considered filler and most of them were. As much as I give the III vs. Yuma match a hard time for not making sense, it at least connected to the plot and I would have preferred if all of his duels that involved collecting heart pieces were more involved with the plot like that match was instead of having him duel boring one-shot characters. At least that would have made the beginning of the tournament much more tolerable, instead having awful match ups where Yuma tries to say that dueling is like a team sport, despite yelling at Astral throughout that match, and dueling a guy who likes tomatoes way too much, and it would have been far more engaging. They could have saved Yuma facing people without Numbers for that confusing roller coaster once he got to the finals. It would have been better than wasting time to stall the plot. Tournaments like Battle City work because all of Yugi's matches connected back to the main plot and actually advanced the storyline. There was also some pretty solid character development throughout that arc, especially for Jonouchi, so that helps too. The duels against one-shot characters didn't provide any of that and while it got more interesting once III vs. Yuma started and Tron has been entertaining, this has still been a pretty poorly handled tournament for me because of that horrible beginning.

Astral does get new pieces of his memories, but my problem is that we don't see his new memories. To be fair, that has been inconsistent for a long time now, but it's still rather annoying that we can't gauge how much he has changed or how his memories are affecting him emotionally if we don't see what new memories he gets. Considering that he was a blank slate at the beginning of the series, every little piece of information about his life and who he was before meeting Yuma is important to see, even if it isn't ground breaking like that explosion.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    I've got a Skype, but I'd have to hunt for my old password... ^^;
    Same here. Would be interestng if we could.
    FinalArcadia likes this.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

So about Dr.Faker and Mr.Heartland...

Wouldn't it be better if their purpose and character was combined? Because right now, as Hidden Mew said, they're looking like generic cartoon villians whose purpose is to cast an evil laugh, saying that they'll achieve their goals when they're doing nothing. Dr.Faker looks retarded instead of evil too. I can't help but laugh at him instead of feeling threatened. Mr.Heartland at least has some personality, which is all I can say for him at the moment. They both look too silly to be considered threatening. I also have no reason to be afraid of what they'll come up with.

So about Dr.Faker and Mr.Heartland...

Wouldn't it be better if their purpose and character was combined? Because right now, as Hidden Mew said, they're looking like generic cartoon villians whose purpose is to cast an evil laugh, saying that they'll achieve their goals when they're doing nothing. Dr.Faker looks retarded instead of evil too. I can't help but laugh at him instead of feeling threatened. Mr.Heartland at least has some personality, which is all I can say for him at the moment. They both look too silly to be considered threatening. I also have no reason to be afraid of what they'll come up with.
    I totally forgot about Mr. Heartland, despite his ridiculous outfit for the finals and constantly screaming out "Heart Burning" every chance he gets. Combining the two characters would probably be better. Some of Mr. Heartland's facial expressions can be just plain creepy, so that, along with being slightly more memorable, gives him an edge over Dr. Faker, whose design just looks too generic villain for me to take him as a serious threat. Though, even with his creepy expressions, I can't take Mr. Heartland as a serious threat either and even though the show keeps trying to make Dr. Faker look like the big bad, he just seriously pales compared to Tron.

I actually would prefer if Tron was the main villain instead of Dr. Faker. He certainly feels like he is, or that he should be, considering he's much more threatening, much more active with achieving his goals, even though his plans are still full of holes, and just has a much stronger presence in the series. That would require reworking on Tron's backstory and motivation, but if they could keep his personality basically the same, I would probably be happy with that. It would probably be better than Dr. Faker doing pretty much nothing for a couple of arcs.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

I have just finished watching episode 46....

So III went inside Yuma's house through the window in the attic that nobody seemingly closes and afdagfksfoiahowghapghrhajgolavjoa

III <3333 AWMAIGAWD HIS FANGIRLBOYING OVER ARTIFACTS WAS LIKE I JUST SAID: afdagfksfoiahowghapghrhajgolavjoa

AND THEN HE CRIED, AND THEN I CRIED...

GONNA WATCH 47 NOWWW1!!!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I have just finished watching episode 46....

So III went inside Yuma's house through the window in the attic that nobody seemingly closes and afdagfksfoiahowghapghrhajgolavjoa

III <3333 AWMAIGAWD HIS FANGIRLBOYING OVER ARTIFACTS WAS LIKE I JUST SAID: afdagfksfoiahowghapghrhajgolavjoa

AND THEN HE CRIED, AND THEN I CRIED...

GONNA WATCH 47 NOWWW1!!!
    YOU SEE WHY I LOVE III-SAMA NOW ;_; HE IS JUST SO ADORABLE

Ever notice how he knew exactly where Yuma was, and somehow got onto the roof thingy? :P And then knew how to get into his attic?

It's why I call Yuma x III StalkerShipping over AztecShipping. XD

Ironically, still have yet to watch 47 and 48, for some reason, even though I watched 49. ._.
    Last edited by Akuraito; 8th August 2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Random tense change? Nice, Katherine.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Episode 46 is really awesome~! And how III gains all of his fans....
    Akuraito likes this.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Dear Flonne, Kaito's dub voice...

XD

It helped that I watched episode 49 first, definitely. I'm not sure what I would've thought of III-sama if I didn't watch that one first...

EDIT:

OH FLONNE DR. FAKER'S VOICE.

O_O

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

I don't know how Kaito and Astral got the few excellent dub voices. XD

But if the whole dub was that good, it might actually be awesome.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Kaito-sama's English voice is so incredibly awesome~.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Astral definitely has the best dub voice. It fits him really well. Kaito's dub voice is also pretty good. It can be a bit too gruff at times and it kind of reminds me of one of the dub voices they gave for Manjoume in GX, but it works fine for the most part. Kotori's dub voice also fits, but since I couldn't care less about the character, I don't care that much. Most of the dub voice aren't that bad, but nothing that great either. Yuma's dub voice is annoying and loud though.

A part of me wished that they would have to replace the voice cast once Konami got the license to the franchise, but at the same time, I am glad that people didn't lose their jobs. Unfortunately, from what I've heard, the dub is pretty much going to be the same with the only difference is that another company is in charge and paying for it. Rather disappointing when I was hoping that it would lead to something better for the dub, but if they continue with legal subs for 5D's and Zexal and eventually do something with GX and DM, even though they would have go through some legal red tape to get the latter subbed, I'll probably be happy with that.

Blog Entries

The one thing I'm really hoping for is that Konami will finally release some DVDs for 5D's and Zexal, preferably with both the English dub and a sub of the Japanese. I realize that they probably either a) don't think it would sell enough to bother or b) the people buying it don't care if subs are there or not, but it would be a nice change from 4Kids.

And if they did release DVDs, and did it in a way where it was in 13 episode chunks or so, I would be incredibly pleased.

If Konami could market it in the right places and advertise well on websites, I think it could justify a release.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

*skipping all the spoilers because I'm only on ep 19*

Why did the ending get updated to give Kotori a kimono?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    *skipping all the spoilers because I'm only on ep 19*

Why did the ending get updated to give Kotori a kimono?
    I'm not really sure that there was a reason, to be honest. And that ending only lasts until episode 26 or so, so it might've just been something to change things up. XD

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

Oh, well I got the updates to the OP because they added scenes with new characters and kept adding to that scene with Yuma and all of his friends although I think they could have added Kat a bit earlier.

Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast