Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Page 63

Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast
Results 931 to 945 of 954
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

  1. #931
    It's hero time! Ben 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Nasch vs Yuma was painfully obvious honestly. It was anticipated ever since Shark was revealed as a Barian. The beginning of the arc and the opening shot of demonic Nasch standing over a downed Yuma and Astral hinted that they would have dueled. Them having Nasch get absorbed would have been extremely anti-climatic and while the ZEXAL writers aren't the best they are smart enough to know how much meaning this final battle has.


    Best Wishes to BW!

  2. #932
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben 10 View Post
    Nasch vs Yuma was painfully obvious honestly. It was anticipated ever since Shark was revealed as a Barian. The beginning of the arc and the opening shot of demonic Nasch standing over a downed Yuma and Astral hinted that they would have dueled. Them having Nasch get absorbed would have been extremely anti-climatic and while the ZEXAL writers aren't the best they are smart enough to know how much meaning this final battle has.
    I thought that was Don Thousand, not a demonic version of Nasch in the opening. It would have been anticlimactic if Nasch had been absorbed since they still need to resolve his subplot, but I did think that that was a possibility for some reason.

    I think that one reason why Yuma and Nasch are dueling Don Thousand together is to show that the Astral and Barian Worlds need to combine together. We've already seen how separating the power of Chaos from the Astral World has led to negative consequences for both it and the Barian World, so by having Yuma and Nasch defeat Don Thousand together, it shows that the power of both worlds need to be together. That's my guess at least.

  3. #933
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    This episode was nice to watch, I liked the animation and story progression, and Don Thousand's strategy is probably one of the most unique one we've seen in ages. I like the design and his arrogant facial expression, it's kind of amusing to look at. Some of his hair reminds me of Yuma's... It would be kind of hilarious if Don Thousand somehow was Yuma's father because it would make me think of what happened in Star Wars.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I thought that this week's episode was okay. I'm not too happy with the decision to give Vector a sad sendoff. It looked more like they were showing that he still had a bit of humanity left in him rather than redeeming him completely, but either way, I would have preferred Vector going down as his trollish self. Even though past Vector was more kind and gentle and troll Vector was the result of Don Thousand's influence, Vector fooling everyone in the previous episode showed that that Vector was long gone and for all we know, troll Vector was the real deal at this point. I'm not too surprised that they went that route since this is a Yu-Gi-Oh! series and friendship is magic that fixes pretty much everything, but it was kind of disappointing.
    Yeah, I thought that it was a wise move for Yuma to try saving Vector, because if Don Thousand hadn't took Vector in he wouldn't be so powerful. I actually don't view what Vector did as a sad send off even if it was probably the aim, because despite not pulling Yuma in, he ended up letting Don Thousand suck him in by letting go of Yuma's arm. So, he actually just made everything harder for everyone.

    If they do revive him with all of the other characters, then I wouldn't be too surprised if they do wipe out his memories so that he can start fresh as Rei. I think that they were hinting to that with some of Yuma's lines here.
    Which lines? That makes sense, since past Vector was good.

    I couldn't really find myself to care about Misael's death. He was basically the Aporia to Don Thousand's Z-ONE in terms of being a sacrificial lamb to show the protagonists how powerful the final boss is.
    At least Aporia put more of a fight in his duel... That was just really weak of Mizael and I don't know why he didn't just attack with those dragons.

    From what I've understood, there's at least some reasoning for it besides being the overpowered final boss. The Earth and Barian World are merged and since the Numeron Code is on Earth somewhere, he can use its powers, or something like that.
    That's it, I think.

    I'm also officially tired of the special ending montage whenever characters die now. It worked great with Astral since that was the first time and pretty unexpected. It worked well enough for the Arclights, but with every other time, it just comes off as way too overdone. It especially annoyed me when they tried to make Vector's death look more sad than I honestly think it should have been given everything he's done. It also seems too emotionally manipulative after pulling that stunt so many times. It comes off more like they're trying to make the audience feel more sad with the montages more than the actual deaths. That's one of my major issues with this arc. The deaths don't have a lot of emotional weight to them. Aside from Kaito's and maybe IV's deaths, I don't think that they've been handled too well and in most cases, it feels like they're trying to kill off as many characters as possible in a single episode rather than make any of their deaths have meaning. The fact that I don't consider almost any of the characters who have died to be interesting or fleshed out doesn't help matters either. The overplayed special montage during the ending theme just seems like another attempt to make the audience feel sad without provide enough attention to individual characters' deaths.
    Wait, isn't it a tribute instead of a sad montage? That's what it came off as to me. I don't see the problem with giving them a tribute, even after it has lost its appeal after being used so many times.

  4. #934
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    This episode was nice to watch, I liked the animation and story progression, and Don Thousand's strategy is probably one of the most unique one we've seen in ages. I like the design and his arrogant facial expression, it's kind of amusing to look at. Some of his hair reminds me of Yuma's... It would be kind of hilarious if Don Thousand somehow was Yuma's father because it would make me think of what happened in Star Wars.
    I really like his design. He looks like an older version of Number 96 and considering it was a piece of him that mixed with Astral, that makes sense. The long hair also looks pretty nice. Don Thousand being Yuma's father somehow would be pretty weird. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some connection between them because his hair does look like a longer and less pointed version of Yuma's hair. Yuma's father is still in the Astral World, but he has also been well aware of events Yuma has been dealing with, like when his messages in the Astral World knew that he was looking for Astral and that he only had a short amount of time before it was too late to save him.

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    Yeah, I thought that it was a wise move for Yuma to try saving Vector, because if Don Thousand hadn't took Vector in he wouldn't be so powerful. I actually don't view what Vector did as a sad send off even if it was probably the aim, because despite not pulling Yuma in, he ended up letting Don Thousand suck him in by letting go of Yuma's arm. So, he actually just made everything harder for everyone.
    While it's true that Don Thousand wouldn't have been able to regain his true form without absorbing Vector, I'm pretty sure that it wasn't the reason Yuma tried to save Vector. He wanted to save him because he still viewed him as Shingetsu, at least after seeing how he used to be before Don Thousand took over him, wanted to protect him and was even okay with Vector trying to take him along for the ride because he wouldn't be alone. Yuma was basically being the Messiah figure there since he was forgiving to Vector to an extreme level, despite how Vector hadn't really done anything to make that forgiveness more warranted. He did make things harder for everyone by allowing himself to be absorbed, but the way Yuma's kindness affected him, even to the point where he referred to him as Yuma-kun without faking it again, and decided to let go instead of letting Yuma being absorbed too gave me the impression that there was a bit of humanity left in him to not let Yuma suffer the same fate he was going to deal with.

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    Which lines? That makes sense, since past Vector was good.
    I think it was some of the lines from Yuma when he was trying to help Vector and how he kept saying that Rei was his real self. If they wanted to give all of the Barians a happy ending, which I can see them doing, wiping Vector's memories clean so that he can be Rei is probably the best choice they have for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    At least Aporia put more of a fight in his duel... That was just really weak of Mizael and I don't know why he didn't just attack with those dragons.
    That's certainly true and Aporia had better characterization and a more sympathetic backstory. I think that there was one Spell card he used that allowed him to summon out another monster at the cost of his battle phase. That's why he used the Spell card that would have taken them both out at the end. Even if he did attack with his dragons, Don Thousand would have just changed what monsters he had summoned.

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    Wait, isn't it a tribute instead of a sad montage? That's what it came off as to me. I don't see the problem with giving them a tribute, even after it has lost its appeal after being used so many times.
    The tribute came off as an attempt to make the audience feel sad about his death. Losing its appeal after being used many times is a problem and trying to make the audience feel more sad by giving them a special ending montage just comes off as a weak attempt to make the deaths more sad rather than more meaningful.

  5. #935
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I really like his design. He looks like an older version of Number 96 and considering it was a piece of him that mixed with Astral, that makes sense.
    I thought he looked like Dark Mist and Elphias combined.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Don Thousand being Yuma's father somehow would be pretty weird. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some connection between them because his hair does look like a longer and less pointed version of Yuma's hair. Yuma's father is still in the Astral World, but he has also been well aware of events Yuma has been dealing with, like when his messages in the Astral World knew that he was looking for Astral and that he only had a short amount of time before it was too late to save him.
    Speaking of Kazuma, didn't he say that for the Numeron to be found all the legendary numbers were needed? It looked like to me that only Mizael's legendary number helped with the Numeron code.

    While it's true that Don Thousand wouldn't have been able to regain his true form without absorbing Vector, I'm pretty sure that it wasn't the reason Yuma tried to save Vector. He wanted to save him because he still viewed him as Shingetsu, at least after seeing how he used to be before Don Thousand took over him, wanted to protect him and was even okay with Vector trying to take him along for the ride because he wouldn't be alone. Yuma was basically being the Messiah figure there since he was forgiving to Vector to an extreme level, despite how Vector hadn't really done anything to make that forgiveness more warranted. He did make things harder for everyone by allowing himself to be absorbed, but the way Yuma's kindness affected him, even to the point where he referred to him as Yuma-kun without faking it again, and decided to let go instead of letting Yuma being absorbed too gave me the impression that there was a bit of humanity left in him to not let Yuma suffer the same fate he was going to deal with.
    Oh I know it wasn't the reason, but it was still a wise move in the end considering how Don Thousand would be able to become stronger. Yeah, and that bit of humanity left in Vector had destroyed any chance of saving him and preventing Don Thousand from regaining his true form. Instead of working with them to atone himself, he just let himself be absorbed and endangering their lives further.

    That's certainly true and Aporia had better characterization and a more sympathetic backstory. I think that there was one Spell card he used that allowed him to summon out another monster at the cost of his battle phase. That's why he used the Spell card that would have taken them both out at the end. Even if he did attack with his dragons, Don Thousand would have just changed what monsters he had summoned.
    But if he attacked with his dragons, I don't think he would be able to change what monsters he had summoned. That should only be able to happen once they're summoned. In the end I doubt it would have made a difference, since he'd probably have another trap card in his deck to use.

    The tribute came off as an attempt to make the audience feel sad about his death. Losing its appeal after being used many times is a problem and trying to make the audience feel more sad by giving them a special ending montage just comes off as a weak attempt to make the deaths more sad rather than more meaningful.
    I didn't feel any sadness, and I didn't take it as an attempt for me to feel sad. It's more of a tribute and it definitely wasn't a sad montage because the scenes consisted of what their characters had going on for them, their past lives, their dueling, their personality, and in the end their last moment before being absorbed by Don Thousand. I'd prefer getting that instead of the usual ending.

  6. #936
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    Speaking of Kazuma, didn't he say that for the Numeron to be found all the legendary numbers were needed? It looked like to me that only Mizael's legendary number helped with the Numeron code.
    I don't remember if he said that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Misael's Legendary Number was important to get a key to the Numeron Code, but I don't know if any of the other Legendary Numbers could be that important to gaining the Numeron Code.

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    Oh I know it wasn't the reason, but it was still a wise move in the end considering how Don Thousand would be able to become stronger. Yeah, and that bit of humanity left in Vector had destroyed any chance of saving him and preventing Don Thousand from regaining his true form. Instead of working with them to atone himself, he just let himself be absorbed and endangering their lives further.
    I think when Yuma's extreme kindness finally affected Vector, he realized that he couldn't atone for himself. Or at least I doubt he thought that was a possibility at that point. He had done terrible things and even when he realized that his memories had been altered, he didn't care and still acted like a huge troll trying to fool everyone with absolutely no regret. Even with that bit of humanity sparked inside of him, I don't think he would have thought about trying to atone for his behavior and help Yuma face Don Thousand. It would have felt really forced by that point. Plus, he probably knew that Yuma couldn't pull him away. The part of the ground that Yuma was holding onto was already starting to crack and if it did break off, then they both would have been absorbed and then the chances of defeating Don Thousand would have been even smaller. By letting go of Yuma's had and allowing himself to be absorbed, I don't think that Vector intended to make things more difficult for Yuma, but rather prevent him from sacrificing himself so that he could face Don Thousand.

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    But if he attacked with his dragons, I don't think he would be able to change what monsters he had summoned. That should only be able to happen once they're summoned. In the end I doubt it would have made a difference, since he'd probably have another trap card in his deck to use.
    It's hard to say that he should only be able to do that once they're summoned. For all we know, Don Thousand can change his opponents' cards whenever he wants to, regardless of the phase of their turn. Plus, there's still the issue that Misael summoned one of those monsters at the cost of his battle phase. He could have tried to go for a direct attack with different monsters, but I doubt it would had made a difference too given that he could have used a Trap card to stop his monsters and defeat Misael in one turn anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    I didn't feel any sadness, and I didn't take it as an attempt for me to feel sad. It's more of a tribute and it definitely wasn't a sad montage because the scenes consisted of what their characters had going on for them, their past lives, their dueling, their personality, and in the end their last moment before being absorbed by Don Thousand. I'd prefer getting that instead of the usual ending.
    I took it as an attempt to make the audience feel sad to show them in both their human and Barian lives and focusing on Vector as Rei to drive the point home that he was friends with Yuma to his death sad. It wasn't the worse or most forced attempt to make the audience feel sad for a character's death. I've seen it handled worse in other shows with weaker characterizations, but this still came off as a pretty clear attempt to make the audience feel bad by showing how they used to be to emphasize that they're dead. I'd much rather get the usual ending at this point since doing character tributes during the ending theme isn't really effective anymore due to how overused the concept is. At least we'd get to see a bit more of the next episode during the regular ending theme.

  7. #937
    It's hero time! Ben 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    @Hidden Mew This is the image that made me believe that Nasch would be Yuma and Astral's final opponent.

    Nasch's more menacing aura in this shot made me believe that he would be the last opponent for symbolic reasons. He was Yuma and Astral's first and final opponent as a team and it would have a lot more of a symbolic meaning if he was the last foe rather then Don Thousand.


    Best Wishes to BW!

  8. #938
    Power of Three Michonne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Halliwell Manor
    Posts
    401

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Regarding the most recent episode: I felt bad for Vector and I was pleased that Yuma tried to save him at least. I also liked Don Thousand's new forms, especially his glowing form before he won against Mizael. Seeing Mizael get trolled was actually fun. I still don't like him even if he was redeemed. And seeing Don Thousand trolling Yuma with Numeron Rewriting Xyz and replacing Utopia with Ganbara Knight was funny.

  9. #939
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben 10 View Post
    @Hidden Mew This is the image that made me believe that Nasch would be Yuma and Astral's final opponent.

    Nasch's more menacing aura in this shot made me believe that he would be the last opponent for symbolic reasons. He was Yuma and Astral's first and final opponent as a team and it would have a lot more of a symbolic meaning if he was the last foe rather then Don Thousand.
    Oh, I could never tell that was Nasch. I thought it was Don Thousand again. It's one of the last few images from the opening, so it's hard to get all of the details from just watching the episodes. Nasch being the final opponent that Yuma and Astral face together would have a more personal meaning than Don Thousand being their final opponent. Dueling Shark is what allowed Yuma and Astral to meet, so it does work pretty nicely on that level.
    HumanDawn likes this.

  10. #940
    It's hero time! Ben 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post

    Oh, I could never tell that was Nasch. I thought it was Don Thousand again. It's one of the last few images from the opening, so it's hard to get all of the details from just watching the episodes. Nasch being the final opponent that Yuma and Astral face together would have a more personal meaning than Don Thousand being their final opponent. Dueling Shark is what allowed Yuma and Astral to meet, so it does work pretty nicely on that level.
    I agree. I'm interested in how Nasch will pull out all Number C10Xs, a new CXYZ and Black Ray Lancer. Nacsh deck now is already inconsistent with levels but seeing him pull out all that stuff will make it more obvious. I hope he at least Ranks Up Shark Drake but more for my own reasons rather then for plot reasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michonne View Post
    Regarding the most recent episode: I felt bad for Vector and I was pleased that Yuma tried to save him at least. I also liked Don Thousand's new forms, especially his glowing form before he won against Mizael. Seeing Mizael get trolled was actually fun. I still don't like him even if he was redeemed. And seeing Don Thousand trolling Yuma with Numeron Rewriting Xyz and replacing Utopia with Ganbara Knight was funny.
    I agree. Mizar kinda had it coming to him bu I wish it was Kite getting trolled like that instead. I just feel Kite got killed off to avoid handing him another defeat.


    Best Wishes to BW!

  11. #941
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben 10 View Post
    I agree. I'm interested in how Nasch will pull out all Number C10Xs, a new CXYZ and Black Ray Lancer. Nacsh deck now is already inconsistent with levels but seeing him pull out all that stuff will make it more obvious. I hope he at least Ranks Up Shark Drake but more for my own reasons rather then for plot reasons.
    Seeing all of those different Numbers would be cool. I'd kind of like to see a Chaos Xyz version of Black Ray Lancer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben 10
    I agree. Mizar kinda had it coming to him bu I wish it was Kite getting trolled like that instead. I just feel Kite got killed off to avoid handing him another defeat.
    I don't think that they would have had Kaito lose in one turn to Don Thousand. Even with how little he has done compared to Yuma and Shark, I don't think that the writers would be willing to make him the sacrificial lamb in this case. They didn't even give him more than one official loss, although I guess we could count his match with Mr. Heartland since he was unable to continue by the time Yuma and Astral showed up. Plus, his death was actually handled pretty well, so killing him off in one turn would have been weak. Plus, Misael losing that quickly works due to how it further powers up Don Thousand. I don't think absorbing Kaito would have powered him up. Absorbing Yuma would due to being bonded to Astral and the power of Chaos he has too, but I don't think absorbing Kaito would do anything for him.
    HumanDawn likes this.

  12. #942
    It's hero time! Ben 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Seeing all of those different Numbers would be cool. I'd kind of like to see a Chaos Xyz version of Black Ray Lancer.
    I kinda want to see a Ranked Up Shark Drake, I mean I know he doesn't have much meaning behind him now but he was still Shark's most important ace before he shifted from Avenger to Conflicted Barian and it'll b a shame of everyone but it gets used.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I don't think that they would have had Kaito lose in one turn to Don Thousand. Even with how little he has done compared to Yuma and Shark, I don't think that the writers would be willing to make him the sacrificial lamb in this case. They didn't even give him more than one official loss, although I guess we could count his match with Mr. Heartland since he was unable to continue by the time Yuma and Astral showed up. Plus, his death was actually handled pretty well, so killing him off in one turn would have been weak. Plus, Misael losing that quickly works due to how it further powers up Don Thousand. I don't think absorbing Kaito would have powered him up. Absorbing Yuma would due to being bonded to Astral and the power of Chaos he has too, but I don't think absorbing Kaito would do anything for him.
    You're right. I'm just bitter that Kite never got another lose to his resume and I never noticed how meaningless him beating Yuma was at the end of ZEXAL I until I realized there won't be a rematch where Yuma proves he's better. Beating Nasch and Astral should basically guarantee Yuma could potentially beat Kite but seeing Kite lose would have been more satisfying for me.


    Best Wishes to BW!

  13. #943
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben 10 View Post
    I kinda want to see a Ranked Up Shark Drake, I mean I know he doesn't have much meaning behind him now but he was still Shark's most important ace before he shifted from Avenger to Conflicted Barian and it'll b a shame of everyone but it gets used.
    A Ranked Up Shark Drake would be cool. I actually forgot about it due to how long it has been since he used it, but it would be nice to see that. There might be a good chance that he'll use it at some point considering he's using Black Ray Lancer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben 10
    You're right. I'm just bitter that Kite never got another lose to his resume and I never noticed how meaningless him beating Yuma was at the end of ZEXAL I until I realized there won't be a rematch where Yuma proves he's better. Beating Nasch and Astral should basically guarantee Yuma could potentially beat Kite but seeing Kite lose would have been more satisfying for me.
    I can understand that. I don't think I would have cared that much to see Kaito get another official life points down to zero defeat due to the combination of finding him so boring and it wouldn't have really changed him. Losing for the shake of losing never really appealed to me. Practically everyone wants the protagonists to lose more. Even with Yuma, he still wins nearly every important duel because of how losing would mean losing Astral for good. Still, it isn't a bad idea if the defeats have any meaning to the characters. If they lose just for the shake of getting another defeat on their record, it really doesn't do much for me. Nearly all of Yuma's defeats at the start of Zexal are like that for me. They serve as a way to establish his more care free attitude, but aside from his near defeat to Kaito, they don't affect him and even then, he bounces back pretty quickly and it was kind of jarring when he had already lost over twenty times and one near defeat shook him up. If his reaction was about how he could have lost his soul, that would have been understandable, but if I recall correctly, he was reacting to how he could become a Duel Champion afterwards. Yusei's reaction to his near defeat/death after his first duel with Kiryu was a better way to handle a near defeat in my opinion.

    Anyway, the point I'm trying to make here is that defeats for any of the characters should have more meaning to them than just adding another loss to their record. Kaito losing to Don Thousand wouldn't have meant anything, so I don't see how it would have been any better. At least he actually got more than one turn in his duel with Misael and they put all of their focus on his death, instead of squeezing it in the last half of the episode without any buildup like they did with Misael.

    I do agree that it does make it rather meaningless to have Kaito beat Yuma if they weren't going to duel again. I guess they didn't want Kaito to lose there because of how Yuma affected him to keep dueling, even though he could have just found that reason to keep dueling once the Barians were attacking anyway, and to show that Yuma still couldn't reach him. Although, given how they haven't really had much of a rivalry throughout the Zexal II, despite Yuma mentioning that they still need to duel again before Kaito died, maybe they didn't think it was as big of a deal compared to everything else. Losing to Yuma would make more sense than losing to Don Thousand at least, but I'm not really crushed that we don't get to see that. I'd much rather see Yuma duel Nasch and then Astral. At least those matches sound good and interesting, more so than another Yuma vs. Kaito at least.
    HumanDawn likes this.

  14. #944
    Cop. Cop! yay Cop... qq Zexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,046
    Blog Entries
    150

    Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    So, any thoughts on the newest episodes?


    I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

  15. #945
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    I've been meaning to comment on the last few episodes, but I didn't want to double post and I've been busy.

    Anyway, the duel with Don Thousand was okay. It was full of overpowered effects and cards, but considering that they're facing what is basically the god of the Barian World, that was to be expected. It did at least move at a good enough pace to help be a bit more engaging and the music score was good, especially when the defeated him. I did get a kick that he eventually summoned out an Imaginary Number. The fact that he has such a card or could summon out Chaos Number 1000 wasn't unbelievable since it's probably a manifestation of his powers, but it was just seeing that they've gone so far as to include an Imaginary Number that just seems funny to me for some reason.

    I liked seeing Yuma and Nasch work together. Despite what he went through and what he has said regarding his humanity, Nasch still clearly cares about his friends if his reaction to Astral planning to sacrifice himself was any indication. Plus, they worked well off each other and Nasch especially had some good strategies, like using Numeron Network's effect to his advantage prior to its destruction. I also was not expecting Kaito to reappear in order for Numeron Dragon to finally be summoned. That was less expected than appearing via flashback. I guess that they wanted all three of them present facing Don Thousand, but in different forms than they normally have.

    Don Thousand does feel like an underwhelming villain. There clearly has been build up for this match and he does fit within the context of the storyline that they've presented, but he's not really much of an interesting villain. He's the typical god figure who looks down on humanity and wants power. To be fair, I have seen a few villains like that and that wouldn't be so much of a problem if there was something a bit more interesting about him. Still, the information on the Numbers we got from him was interesting. Apparently, after his first fight with Astral, fifty Number cards were shattered, which would explain why the Legendary Numbers were present well before Yuma opened the Door. I guess the other Numbers were scattered after Astral bonded with Yuma. The duel ended in a pretty good way all things considered.

    I'm also liking the start of Yuma vs. Nasch. I was worried that Nasch would be completely under Don Thousand's influence after his powers were absorbed, but that doesn't seem to be the case, at least for now. Nasch's claim that he chose to be a Barian is interesting, but it seems unlikely to me. He's altered the memories of all of the other Barians, so even if he did choose to become a Barian somehow, I don't see why Don Thousand wouldn't also alter his memories. Besides that, Don Thousand said something like Nasch would soon learn why he was revived as a Barian after those brief scenes showing how he manipulated Durbe and Merag's deaths, so there has to be something more to it than that. I also liked that Yuma and Astral contemplated using the Numeron Code as a giant reset button to revive everyone. Granted, I don't think that they would go that far considering that it would mean that none of them would have met and Yuma wouldn't have met Astral, which is something he wouldn't want, but it was still a nice moment where they actually have to still think about what they'd want to do to save everyone.

    The duel itself was a bit too rushed, especially with Nasch summoning out all of the Chaos Over One Hundred Numbers with cards that seemingly came out of nowhere, but they're clearly pressed for time given that the series only has a few more episodes left. Still, all things considered, the duel is off to a good start.
    HumanDawn and Michonne like this.

Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •