Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Page 60

Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Blog Entries

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post

I could see him taking out Merag again, especially given how that would affect Nasch. I would hope that Merag would have some greater impact than that and actually get a full duel where she could shine, but this is a Yu-Gi-Oh! series. Practically every female character, to some extent, gets shafted in favor of the male characters since this franchise is still primarily aimed at young boys. It's annoying though. Nasch vs. Vector sounds like a possibility too. Although, I'm not sure if all three of the main duelists would face off against Don Thousand. It sounds like something that it would be up to Yuma and Astral only, especially if this is the finale battle of the series.
    It's a shame how bad the females get shafted but at least Merag was interesting in comparison to most of the past females. I hope they go the Yugioh DM route and have Yuma win with his useful allies. Btw has a reason been given to why the non Vector Barian Emperors made no attempts at gaining the remaining Numbers that Yuma didn't have?

Best Wishes to BW!

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    It's a shame how bad the females get shafted but at least Merag was interesting in comparison to most of the past females. I hope they go the Yugioh DM route and have Yuma win with his useful allies. Btw has a reason been given to why the non Vector Barian Emperors made no attempts at gaining the remaining Numbers that Yuma didn't have?
    She's interesting, but seriously underused and underdeveloped. I think that Merag is more interesting than Asuka, Kotori and maybe Anzu, but she doesn't strike me as one of the more interesting female characters due to how underused she is. She doesn't have as much untapped potential as say Aki did to make her feel more interesting despite being wasted. Yuma winning with his useful allies would be nice, but most of them have or will be defeated by the time Chris and III vs. Misael ends. I wonder if they're going for all of Yuma's friends being defeated and sent to the Barian World, aside from maybe Shark, Kaito and Kotori since I doubt that they'd have her duel.

As for why the Barian Emperors haven't tried to gather the rest of the Numbers that Yuma doesn't have, I don't think that they've provided an explanation for that. I'm guessing that since Numbers aren't formed until someone picks up the card and their Barian powers can't mix with Astral power, they're unable to gather Numbers that haven't already been found by a human. Although, considering that Numbers existed in the ancient past most likely due to Astral fighting Don Thousand before, I'm not even sure what a Number is at this point or if the rules that were established before are still in effect regarding how Numbers work as a result. Besides that, the Number hunt feels like it's been put on the back burner for awhile now. There has been more focus on the Barian vs. Astral Worlds conflict more so than trying to find the rest of the Numbers. At this point, I fully expect for the rest of the Number cards to be gathered through one huge duel, most likely against Don Thousand, so that they can get them in one duel, rather than trying to make a bunch of new monsters, especially if we are close to the end of the series.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 2nd November 2013 at 11:36 PM.
    Ben 10 likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

We finally have C107's effect!

It lets you down when you finally find it out.

Blog Entries

Not really, its the most unique number ever made and its effect essentially lets you reuse anything you did during the entire turn. If you have 2 of them they can infinitely loop each other.

I thought that this two-part match was okay. While their defeat was inevitable, III and V put up a much better fight than I thought they would given that they're being thrown under a bus to hype Misael and they pulled off some pretty good strategies. They probably could have won if they didn't have that boring rivalry between him and Kaito, but they also probably wanted to reduce the amount of allies on Yuma's side even more. I couldn't really care for Chaos Number 107's effects since I've long stopped caring about that due to how long they dragged it out. Its design is still pretty cool though.

I'm curious about the stone tablet that Kaito found and is apparently on the moon. From what I've understood, Kaito thinks that the dragons are necessary to use the Numeron Code. If that is the case, it would feel like a weak way to connect him to the Numeron Code plot or give him a bigger role in it as it were. Kaito's subplot is easily the weakest out of the series and the distinct lack of care/effort put into it really doesn't help either. Still, I'm curious about where exactly they're going with this.

The goodbye scene between III and Yuma was pretty sad and touching, mostly in part to the acting from their respective voice actors. I also wasn't expecting a montage of the Arclight brothers in the ending theme like what they did with Astral's death in the last arc. That did add to the sad tone, although it did make me think of how disappointed I was that they only got two duels after their returns and they'll return along with everyone else. I still would have preferred Merag vs. III, if only because she still needs some attention. I wonder if Tron will show up soon. His relationship with his sons is actually important, as opposed to say Dr. Faker's relationship with Kaito, and they were a big reason as to why he was able to change at the end of the WDC. Plus, the power of science and their crests allowed for his sons to step in and help Yuma out, so he does technically have more presence off-screen than Dr. Faker does. So, he would be rightfully upset over the deaths of his sons and want to take more action against the Barians. Not to mention Yuma needs all the help he can get. At this point, I think he's run out of allies that can actually help him fight against the Barians, so I think that Tron appearing to help would be nice. I'd prefer that than Yuma defeating all of the Barians aside from Misael and maybe Vector if they'll have everyone attack him.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Blog Entries

My favorite part of this week's episode was Yuma summoning hope only to get it blown up before it even did anything. That's what he gets for spamming him instead of someone more durable like maestroke.

I thought that this latest two part duel was okay. Kotori proved herself to be a burden on Yuma sooner than I thought. The duel itself was okay. I did like how quickly Hope was destroyed and that Lion Heart won the duel instead. That made more sense given the connection it has to Alito and it was just refreshing to see in general. From what I understood, Don Thousand manipulated people so that Alito would be executed so that he could be revived as a Barian. I thought that could be the case. I just hope that they won't try to use this angle to say that Vector was under Don Thousand's control in his past life and he committed suicide after he found out what he had done. That would be trying to redeem him and he really shouldn't get that kind of treatment. Alito wanting to continue the duel wasn't too surprising, despite how recovering his memories should have made it obvious that there was no point in them fighting each other. At least losing brought him back to normal, so there shouldn't be yet another Yuma vs. Alito match and Yuma does need some more help against the Barians.

The next duel sound interesting, although it leaves me feeling conflicted. Merag is finally going to do something, but since she's dueling Vector, she'll lose and the focus will be most likely on her relationship with Nasch rather than on her individual feelings. Darn.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Blog Entries

Tbh I think that the uneven sides and poor distributions of opponents is what screwed over most of the characters in this arc. I mean was there really any need to feed two Archlights to a character who's only purpose is to give Kite something to do. Quinton vs Mizar with Quinton showcasing more Numbers would have been more then enough and maybe Merag or Dumon could have gotten Trey instead so at least one of them would have at least gotten a real duel before losing to Vector.

Best Wishes to BW!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    Tbh I think that the uneven sides and poor distributions of opponents is what screwed over most of the characters in this arc. I mean was there really any need to feed two Archlights to a character who's only purpose is to give Kite something to do. Quinton vs Mizar with Quinton showcasing more Numbers would have been more then enough and maybe Merag or Dumon could have gotten Trey instead so at least one of them would have at least gotten a real duel before losing to Vector.
    I would have preferred Misael vs. Chris myself, but that would have required the writers to give him more Xyz monsters besides Dyson Sphere, which they couldn't be bothered to do. I think that Merag needed a duel before facing Vector more than Durbe did. At least Durbe technically dueled Shark before. It was unfinished, but it was something. Merag hasn't done much of anything since her memories were revived besides defeating Tetsuo. She needed to beat someone impressive, especially when it has been ages since she last dueled anyway.

I wholeheartedly desire for that ignoramus Yuma Tsukumo to meet his end at the hands of the courageous Barian Emperors. For too long has that hyper kinetic miscreant made a mockery of the game of Duel Monsters. His lack of acumen and any true intellect makes him near unbearable for me and day after day chapter after chapter I hope for him to perish at the hands of a true Duelist.
    Last edited by Albedo; 1st December 2013 at 03:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post

I would have preferred Misael vs. Chris myself, but that would have required the writers to give him more Xyz monsters besides Dyson Sphere, which they couldn't be bothered to do. I think that Merag needed a duel before facing Vector more than Durbe did. At least Durbe technically dueled Shark before. It was unfinished, but it was something. Merag hasn't done much of anything since her memories were revived besides defeating Tetsuo. She needed to beat someone impressive, especially when it has been ages since she last dueled anyway.
    This is one of the reasons why I feel that the lopsided sides and ridiculous opponent distribution ruined way too many of the characters. Merag herself needed some hype considering how she was gone for so long yet they decide to give her the short end of the stick by getting one of the weakest duelists as an opponent while the other Emperors got the pleasure of facing more intimidating opponents with some of them even.(Mizar)

Quote Originally Posted by Albedo View Post
    I wholeheartedly desire for that ignoramus Yuma Tsukumo to meet his end at the hands of the courageous Barian Emperors. For too long that imbecile has that hyper kinetic miscreant made a mockery of the game of Duel Monsters. His lack of acumen and any true intellect makes him near unbearable for me and day after day chapter after chapter I hope for him to perish at the hands of a true Duelist.
    Oh come on Yuma isn't nearly that bad. I mean sure he's annoying at times and overly idiotic almost all the time but at least he has some sort of edge that makes him somewhat dynamic.

Best Wishes to BW!

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

A new Yu-Gi-Oh! saga has been announced to come in 2014 spring!

Yu-Gi-Oh! Gets New Arc-V TV Anime Next Spring - News - Anime News Network

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post

Hmm...I honestly did not like YGO Zexal, so I may be interested in this...really depends on how Yuya turns out as a lead and his friends, how interesting the plot is, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post

I'm not too surprised by this news. The current arc in Zexal has been giving off a final arc vibe for awhile, especially with its opening and ending themes. I wasn't expecting the announcement to be this early in the month though. This probably means that Zexal will end around March or April, depending on when exactly Arc-V premiers. There should probably be a separate thread for Arc-V speculations, although maybe waiting until after they reveal more information might be good.

Anyway, the last couple of episodes have been pretty good. Vector's hammy makes him far too entertaining and hilarious. Just his high pitch voice is too much. From what I understood, Nasch and Merag did enter the bodies of Shark and Rio shortly after they died. I thought that would be the case, but it was interesting to see. The duel so far has been okay. The way Vector constantly heals from any damage they give him is starting to get old, but the fact that the duel's outcome is so obvious probably factors into that too. At least he could have been defeated from Merag's combo if Don Thousand didn't remind him. Durbe's death didn't really make me feel sad. While he was friends with Nasch and Merag, there wasn't much focus on him as an individual and he was probably one of the least interesting out of the Barians. The music playing during his death was pretty nice though.

I'm not sure if I like including Gilag vs. Alito during this match. It might feel a bit rushed and I think that time could be spent on Merag, but I also just want focus on Merag before her obvious death happens.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

I think out of all the duels this season I like the one Yuma and Alit had the most. It wasn't too complex like the others and it had a good balance in strategies, plus it had expanded on Alit's story more, something that's been lacking these past few duels. I also felt it was really fun, and finally finding about the origins of the over 100 Numbers was great and explained a lot of things. Having Alit as an ally now works really well too, and a Gilag and Alit duel is something I'd have liked to see but never thought would actually happen.

I also really didn't care about Durbe, he didn't pose any threat to anyone, and just remained in the Barian World while the others tried causing conflict and problems for Yuma. He was cool and really interesting in the first two episodes of the fifth season though, but he had like, no personality. I'd even dare to say he could be removed from the group and not much would have been lost. I'm also getting really tired of these recent 2 vs 1 duels, it's just jarring to me as it comes off as a more easy way to remove two characters. I guess I understand why they they did it, but it's still lame.

I'm also happy to see Vector get a win, and I like how Don Thousand is now being what Astral is to Yuma too.

Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast