Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Page 6

Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Quote Originally Posted by mwto View Post
    @Hidden Mew; What if Droite liked Gauche instead. Would that have ruined her character. Also it's classic in animes to have a girl like a main guy. At least she isn't a single one of many who fangirls over him, like Kotori's friends with IV and Shark. The only thing that she could have changed was having LP giving cards, which I'll admit that she should have used solemn wishes since that would give her each time, but again if not for his numbers then Tron had no defense against her strategy. It was a good well thought out strategy, Tron of course is a character who just crushes all he duels.
    It still would have been kind of weak. Maybe not as bad considering how Kaito is an overpowered duelist and giving him a love interest is way too much, but I still wouldn't have liked it since she would just be yet another female character in love instead of being a more independent character. I'm quite aware that it's a classic trope for a a girl to like a main character. Pretty much every main female character in the other three series had a crush on the main lead at one point or another, but there was usually something more to them beyond just being in love with a main character. Even Asuka, who I thought was the most boring of the female leads until Kotori, had some traits and goals that didn't involve Judai. All of the female characters in this series are just love interests, rather than being individual characters that just happen to develop feelings for a main character along the way, and that makes it really hard for me to care about any of them if the series itself isn't trying to make them more than potential love interests. Plus, even if it's commonly used, that doesn't necessarily mean that every crush on the main character should be accepted.

As for the strategy, while Tron finished her off with his Number card, I still think that she made it extremely easy for him to do it. I also still doubt that it was a well thought out plan because, despite all of her efforts to boost up her life points and being fully aware of how dangerous Tron was, the strategy she made was pretty risky and she didn't have much of a backup plan in case her strategy fell apart. Maybe she was so sure of her strategy or thought that she would strike too quick for Tron to do anything about it, but in either cases, it would be a significant hole in her logic due to Tron being so dangerous.

EDIT: Regarding the love interest issue, I just want to make clear that I'm not against the idea of female characters developing romantic feelings for a main character. There are anime pairings that I like and JackxCarly from 5D's is one of my personal favorites. The problems I have with the love interests in Zexal is that they aren't shown as anything more than love interests and that their relationships with the main characters have not lead to significant character growth for either one of them. One reason I like JackxCarly so much is because they both received a lot of development through their relationship and growing romantic feelings for each other, especially Jack. Although, Carly did become not much more than a Jack fangirl post Dark Sigenr arc, which I didn't like either, but there is more depth to their relationship than what little one could argue there is with Droite's relationship with Kaito. If they had more meaningful interactions with each other that led to development for the both of them, then maybe I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it. As it is, the relationship feels poorly handled and I don't see any reason to feel invested in it.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 5th August 2012 at 02:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

I just finished the first season! The English dub's Season 2 is going to air in the 18th of August, and since that would mean more time to meet this interesting.... :3 looking III dude(:P), I'm going the watch the Japanese subs eps of Season 2.

So uhh.... WHEN DOES III APPEAR? WHICH EPISODE?
    @FinalArcadia; @HilbertCressLover;

EDIT: OMG HE WAS IN EPISODE 26!!! And he did nothing... WHEN WILL HE DO SOMETHING?
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 6th August 2012 at 06:02 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    I just finished the first season! The English dub's Season 2 is going to air in the 18th of August, and since that would mean more time to meet this interesting.... :3 looking III dude(:P), I'm going the watch the Japanese subs eps of Season 2.

EDIT: OMG HE WAS IN EPISODE 26!!! And he did nothing... WHEN WILL HE DO SOMETHING?
    IDEK ABOUT THE EPISODES BEFORE THIS, BUT.... EPISODE 46, SRSLY MAN.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Belarus. View Post

IDEK ABOUT THE EPISODES BEFORE THIS, BUT.... EPISODE 46, SRSLY MAN.
    Surely there are other great characters that do great things too? I'm currently watching episode 27 and I'm liking everything so far. I hope that it continues to please me till III shows up.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 6th August 2012 at 07:01 AM.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Argh. I can't wait for august the 13th. The next chapter...

but anyways. My fav character is still Astral.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Surely there are other great characters that do great things too? I'm currently watching episode 27 and I'm liking everything so far. I hope that it continues to please me till III shows up.
    Probably. ^^; I kinda have just been watching episodes with III in them, but I'm going to start actually watching the episodes in order soon. XD

Blog Entries

Probably. ^^; I kinda have just been watching episodes with III in them, but I'm going to start actually watching the episodes in order soon. XD
    I've just finished episode 34, and III hasn't impressed me as neither a duelist and a character :(

MAYBE HE'LL BE AS INTERESTING AS YOU SAY IN THE NEXT EPISODES!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

D:

46 AND 49 OH MY FLONNE ;_;

49's the last in the mini-arc, so... I don't really know if you'll want to jump to there, but... (Also, can't say I've seen 47/8, so I don't know what goes on in there. Will probably make more sense to watch those first, though.)

Dear Flonne.... III.... ;_;

ALSO HE JUST DIED IN THE ZEXAL MAFIA

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Blog Entries

It's truly a tragic day for the Zexalia VI.

But anyways, my favourite episodes so far have been46-49. I'm not telling more for now. Because quite some people haven't seen it yet from what I can tell.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Borealis View Post
    It's truly a tragic day for the Zexalia VI.

But anyways, my favourite episodes so far have been46-49. I'm not telling more for now. Because quite some people haven't seen it yet from what I can tell.
    Do you remember my ragepost

And my VM to you

I was flipping dying

;_;

Episode 49 is definitely my favorite so far. /should probably watch 47/8

Blog Entries

Yes, I certainly could see... no, taste, the sadness in your words.

Currently looking for a Zexal wallpaper. Any recomendations?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Um, I don't think I have any that are meant to be backgrounds, but some might work anyway?:

*shrug*

Yes, they are all III. :P

Blog Entries

Not my personal choice, but thanks anyway.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

III didn't really impress me until his duel with Yuma and the setup for that duel. Even though his motivation didn't make a lot of sense, he was more interesting and complex than the majority of the characters and I did kind of feel bad for him after the duel ended. I wasn't too impressed with him during his duel against Shark, although that match was pretty awesome. I don't know if I like III that much. He might be either my second or third favorite character in the series, depending on how I feel about Astral, but I prefer Shark over III. He's still a pretty good character, especially considering the other characters in this series.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Um, I don't think I have any that are meant to be backgrounds, but some might work anyway?:

*shrug*

Yes, they are all III. :P
    Time to save those.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast