Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Page 59

Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Blog Entries

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    That would make sense and Tron defeating Durbe sounds at least possible. I doubt that he would win against either Vector or Nasch. Tron dueling Nasch would be a good way for Nasch to get payback for Tron's ridiculous plan for using him in the WDC, as well as Tron getting revenge for IV. I doubt that anyone besides Kaito will face Misael after his duel against III and V.
    Tbh I'm still wondering why out of everyone Vetrix chose Reginald and Rio to torture and involve in their plan. That's good maybe then no one else will suffer from their mediocre Dragon vs Dragon feud.

I'm pretty sure that Yuma learned about Dr. Faker the night before the third day of the preliminary round and Shark heard of Tron's plans to use him as an assassin to take down Dr. Faker during his duel with IV. It did take them a ridiculously long amount of time to learn about the supposed main villain of the season compared to Tron though.
    Yeah I know about that but they still learned about him about 7-8 episodes before the arc concluded and like you said it was a ridiculously long time. They learned about Vetrix as soon as he started to be more active but even before that Vetrix showed up commonly to manipulate his sons who were their main adversaries at the time.

I agree. I so want Merag to have a full on-screen duel with someone who is actually skilled. Taking down Tetsuo certainly isn't impressive and I was disappointed that they debuted her Over One Hundred Number in the middle of Nasch vs. IV instead of waiting until she got her own episode. She is getting the short end of the stick.
    The lack of truly skilled duelists on the protagonist's side also contributes to her underwhelming showing so far. I mean they could have sacrificed one of the Archlight Brothers to her instead of sacrificing two of them to Mizar.

Yeah, they don't have to glorify either one of them to buildup tension for their match, especially at the expense of other characters.
    My biggest pet peeve of Kite's character aside from everything else we've discussed has been how over hyped he is by the in show characters themselves. I mean he's overhyped to the point that Yuma wasted his WDC wish to face him in a duel that he could have just asked for.

Best Wishes to BW!

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    Tbh I'm still wondering why out of everyone Vetrix chose Reginald and Rio to torture and involve in their plan. That's good maybe then no one else will suffer from their mediocre Dragon vs Dragon feud.
    I'm still wondering why Tron didn't just face Dr. Faker after his ace card was ready to use. He was upset at Yuma for ruining his plans for Shark, which really didn't make sense beyond gathering more hatred for his ace Number card, but if he could teleport to wherever he wanted to, then he could have easily taken care of Dr. Faker before dealing with Yuma.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya
    Yeah I know about that but they still learned about him about 7-8 episodes before the arc concluded and like you said it was a ridiculously long time. They learned about Vetrix as soon as he started to be more active but even before that Vetrix showed up commonly to manipulate his sons who were their main adversaries at the time.
    It also took them a long time to figure out that Mr. Heartland was a villain, which was annoying since it took the main characters over thirty episodes to catch up to where the audience was in that regard.

The lack of truly skilled duelists on the protagonist's side also contributes to her underwhelming showing so far. I mean they could have sacrificed one of the Archlight Brothers to her instead of sacrificing two of them to Mizar.
    That's a good point. The only duelists they have on their side right now that could challenge her are Yuma, Kaito and the Arclight brothers. I kind of wanted IV to face Merag, even though that would be an excuse to appeal to the fans of that pairing, but III vs. Merag could have been good. Misael definitely doesn't need to take down two duelists to hype him up or to hype his Chaos Number up. Having III duel her would have been better. Though, female characters tend to get shafted to some extent in this franchise.

My biggest pet peeve of Kite's character aside from everything else we've discussed has been how over hyped he is by the in show characters themselves. I mean he's overhyped to the point that Yuma wasted his WDC wish to face him in a duel that he could have just asked for.
    Yeah, he felt overly hyped throughout the first season. He's still hyped in the series in this season, but to a lesser extent due to the fact that he barely does anything compared to Yuma and Shark. Yuma wasting his wish to duel him wasn't too surprising since he wanted to face him, even though he could have just asked instead.

Blog Entries

I'm still wondering why Tron didn't just face Dr. Faker after his ace card was ready to use. He was upset at Yuma for ruining his plans for Shark, which really didn't make sense beyond gathering more hatred for his ace Number card, but if he could teleport to wherever he wanted to, then he could have easily taken care of Dr. Faker before dealing with Yuma.
    Honestly I'm not even sure why he didn't do that. I'm guessing he wanted to stick to his original plan just so he could see Faker crushed by his own pawns.

It also took them a long time to figure out that Mr. Heartland was a villain, which was annoying since it took the main characters over thirty episodes to catch up to where the audience was in that regard.
    It was annoying but they really didn't miss anything. lol I mean in the end Faker and Heartland did almost nothing and both were taken out pretty easily. If it wasn't for Vector then none of those two would have even made the heroes struggle as much as they did.

That's a good point. The only duelists they have on their side right now that could challenge her are Yuma, Kaito and the Arclight brothers. I kind of wanted IV to face Merag, even though that would be an excuse to appeal to the fans of that pairing, but III vs. Merag could have been good. Misael definitely doesn't need to take down two duelists to hype him up or to hype his Chaos Number up. Having III duel her would have been better. Though, female characters tend to get shafted to some extent in this franchise.
    They do get shafted but the difference being that Merag is actually more interesting then those past female characters have been so it's worse for her tp get shafted. Personally with no good duelists left to face I'm worried she might be sacrificed to Kite.

Yeah, he felt overly hyped throughout the first season. He's still hyped in the series in this season, but to a lesser extent due to the fact that he barely does anything compared to Yuma and Shark. Yuma wasting his wish to duel him wasn't too surprising since he wanted to face him, even though he could have just asked instead.
    I'm glad that its been toned down I found most of the WDC to be quite unbearable considering we had Yuma, Astral, Nistro and Dextra going around everywhere hyping Kite to be the absolute greatest threat. They wanted to over emphasize on Kite's importance to Yuma by making him waste such a grand prize on him. It was a waste to have Yuma lose to Kite there especially when their rivalry had no where else to go after that duel.

Best Wishes to BW!

I thought that this week's episode was pretty good. I enjoyed Nasch and IV's conversations the most since they highlighted both their relationship and Shark's internal conflict over being a Barian. He accepts the memories from his past life and that he is willing to do practically whatever it takes to protect his friends and the Barian World, even if that means letting go of his family and friends. In spite of that, I think that he's still tortured inside. He clearly didn't come to this decision without feeling emotional damaged and turning out to be a Barian when he seemingly hated them the most out of the three main leads probably doesn't help matters either. However, I believe that he asks IV to hate him, which makes me think that he wants to feel hatred rather than compassion or someone reaching out to him during his own emotional internal crisis. I don't think that's going to work with Yuma once they have their inevitable duel though.

I honestly couldn't care less that everyone else were defeated and became fuel for merging the Barian World with the human world. It was painfully obvious that they were going to lose and most of them didn't really know what was going on either. I'm honestly still wondering why Anna and Fuya are even here when they have the least involvement in this conflict and Fuya hasn't appeared since his unnecessary cameo in the WDC. They just needed characters to use as canon fodder, but at least they put up a bit of a fight. Merag crying after Tetsuo was defeated did at least show that she feels bad about what she's doing now and she's just trying to put on a colder demeanor to shield others from that pain.

Blog Entries

While it is a foregone conclusion that IV loses, I would like to see how he pulls a comeback out of his ass with one card in hand.

Blog Entries

Today's episode was pretty good. C88 was a pleasant surprise no matter how OP it was. I definitely felt the emotion from Quattro and Nasch's duel and I was kinda sad that Quattro's gone after putting up such a good fight. It was nice to see Yuma react to the deaths of his comrades and I'm kinda glad that Kite actually showed real anger at the Barians and his former comrade Nasch before nearly fainting again. Vector's going into action again with resurfacing the Don Thousand influence that Alito and Girag had deep in their minds and I'm glad for that. Mizar vs the remaining Archlights begins next week and honestly I'm not very interested in anything other then finally seeing C107's effect.

Best Wishes to BW!

I thought that this week's episode was pretty good too. The duel had a good and engaging conclusion. Even though it was obvious that IV was going to lose, he did try his hardest and he came close a couple of times. Chaos Number 88 looked really cool, despite having such a broken effect. They pulled off IV's death scene with more emotion than they did with the other characters dying last week, but there was more time devoted to this match, it was more personal for IV to get through to Shark and IV has a more interesting/fleshed out personality than almost all of the other characters who lost off-screen anyway.

From what I understand, IV apparently understood Nasch's plan once he lost and after IV disappeared, Nasch said something about how once this war is over, he will die as well, or something along those lines. This actually makes sense. Shark would want to end the conflict between the two worlds and while he wants to protect the Barian World, he could also feel too much guilt and emotional trauma from cutting the people from his life as Shark out to keep on living. Plus, this could explain why he wanted IV to hate him, or another reason for it at least. He wants someone to get so enraged with him and to truly see him as their enemy so that they don't hold anything back, they're able to defeat him and he can finally die.

It's hard to tell if Kaito's injuries are from what he received during his duel with Mr. Heartland or if they're bringing up his Photon Mode health issues again. That would be a surprise if it was the latter, but if they can bring Yuma's mother back after not saying anything about her for over a hundred episodes, I guess it's possible. If they actually try to explain more about it and why he's still using it when he doesn't collect souls anymore, then I'd be okay with that.

Apparently, Yuma and Astral are going to the Barian World to confront Don Thousand directly in order to avoid fighting with the Barians. This does sound like a good plan in theory, but no one knows that Vector has Don Thousand in him anyway. Kotori coming along this dangerous mission was completely and utterly stupid though. She has no reason to go and she'd just be on the sidelines and/or being put in more danger to get through to Yuma. Admittedly, none of the remaining Numbers Club members should have gone. Cathy and the class rep kid are duelists, but they're pretty weak ones who couldn't stand up to the Barians. They don't even need Kotori around on this mission for her to appear in every episode. They could just cut back to her talking with Yuma's family or their remaining friends, similar to what they did when Yuma went to the Astral World. Although, I'd prefer for an episode where she doesn't appear at all instead, but we apparently always need to have at least an obligatory unnecessary scene with Kotori because the writers think that she's way more important to the storyline than she actually is.

Blog Entries

Vector's in for a load if karma. Slaughtering and terrorizing millions in his past and present lives, using Alito and Girag as pawns, betraying all his allies and even making a deal with someone like Don Thousand. If he gets any kind of redemption in the end then I feel like it will be a slap in the face to his character. Though the fact that he and Don Thousand are the only villain characters missing in the ending could hint that they are the only ones in the end who will not be redeemed.

Best Wishes to BW!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goodra View Post
    While it is a foregone conclusion that IV loses, I would like to see how he pulls a comeback out of his ass with one card in hand.
    And what a comeback lol.

A card that lets you summon a XYz from your deck and a second argent force.

Blog Entries

And what a comeback lol.

A card that lets you summon a XYz from your deck and a second argent force.
    Actually he only has 1 Argent Force he used a trap in the last episode that returned all Spells and Traps back into their decks.

On the side note C88 is gonna get hit with the NERF gun no doubt. xD

Best Wishes to BW!

Vector's in for a load if karma. Slaughtering and terrorizing millions in his past and present lives, using Alito and Girag as pawns, betraying all his allies and even making a deal with someone like Don Thousand. If he gets any kind of redemption in the end then I feel like it will be a slap in the face to his character. Though the fact that he and Don Thousand are the only villain characters missing in the ending could hint that they are the only ones in the end who will not be redeemed.
    Putting Vector in the ending theme would be out of place considering that they've done their best to make him look completely evil with no redeeming qualities. I doubt that they'll try to redeem him at this point, especially when it would feel so forced. Besides, I could either see everyone joining forces to attack him after learning everything he's done, including his past life and killing Nasch and Merag before, and/or Don Thousand consuming him completely before facing Yuma and Astral in their final duel.
    Ben 10 likes this.

Blog Entries

Putting Vector in the ending theme would be out of place considering that they've done their best to make him look completely evil with no redeeming qualities. I doubt that they'll try to redeem him at this point, especially when it would feel so forced. Besides, I could either see everyone joining forces to attack him after learning everything he's done, including his past life and killing Nasch and Merag before, and/or Don Thousand consuming him completely before facing Yuma and Astral in their final duel.
    I think after everyone turns on him that he will at most take out either Merag again or Dumon considering their connection from the past. After that he'll probably duel with Nasch once more with either Nasch winning or Vector retreating as him and Don Thousand merge for the final battle VS the Power Trio.

Best Wishes to BW!

Blog Entries

Uggh, new preview shows kaito asspulling his way to another undeserved win vs misael in the most retarded way possible.

Blog Entries

Uggh, new preview shows kaito asspulling his way to another undeserved win vs misael in the most retarded way possible.
    You say that like it wasn't expected to end up like that. Besides the faster this mediocre feud ends the better.

Best Wishes to BW!

I think after everyone turns on him that he will at most take out either Merag again or Dumon considering their connection from the past. After that he'll probably duel with Nasch once more with either Nasch winning or Vector retreating as him and Don Thousand merge for the final battle VS the Power Trio.
    I could see him taking out Merag again, especially given how that would affect Nasch. I would hope that Merag would have some greater impact than that and actually get a full duel where she could shine, but this is a Yu-Gi-Oh! series. Practically every female character, to some extent, gets shafted in favor of the male characters since this franchise is still primarily aimed at young boys. It's annoying though. Nasch vs. Vector sounds like a possibility too. Although, I'm not sure if all three of the main duelists would face off against Don Thousand. It sounds like something that it would be up to Yuma and Astral only, especially if this is the finale battle of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodra
    I wouldn't put it like that exactly, but I'm not surprised about that either. That's one reason why I'm not particularly looking forward to this duel. The fact that they've delayed this match for so ridiculously long and it's completely uninteresting due to being one-sided doesn't help matters either.

Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast