Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Page 55

Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 954
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

  1. #811
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    I don't have a problem with how this season ended, it's just build up, and the arc isn't even finished like how last season's was. Anyway, I love the new Zexal III form, but I agree with how it shouldn't have happened now, but in the next season with the inevitable Nasch and Zexal duel. It's also odd how for a duel that finishes a season, non Xyz monsters were used in the end.
    I think that saving the new Zexal form for the inevitable Nasch vs. Yuma duel would have been better too. I didn't think that Mr. Heartland was that big of a threat to warrant a new Zexal form and Yuma would be pushing himself more in a duel against Nasch in order to bring back Shark. Yuma using Zexal II against Mr. Heartland would have worked a bit better for me.

  2. #812
    Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    796
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Mind I drop in?

    I saw the latest episode of the anime and I'm in the same thoughts as you guys with Zexal III. I think it was a bit too early to showcase it, epscially since Zexal II were only used two times compared to Zexal I's multiple uses. Speaking of Zexal III, I can't help but notice that it has a lot of influence from the Astral World, design-wise
    Revolutionaryverse


    Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

    ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

  3. #813
    It's about to get Frosty! xXFrostXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    USA: PA- College, NJ- Home
    Posts
    51
    Blog Entries
    40

    Visit xXFrostXx's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Yeah, Victory(zeXal II) may have only been used a couple of times, but it really would have made no sense to keep using it after episode 121. Victory was dominantly controlled by Astral, having lost his trust in Yuma. As soon as Yuma and Astral were re-united in episode 121, Astral realized that Yuma really does care about him very much. At that point, Astral's faith in Yuma began to be restored. Since Astral was beginning to regain his faith in Yuma and the bond between them was strengthening again, it no longer made sense for their zeXal form to be dominantly controlled by Astral. That's why Roots(zeXal III) was revealed when it was, I believe.
    Niji likes this.

  4. #814
    It's hero time! Ben 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    I'm scared at how many ZEXALs Yuma might pull with his upcoming clashes with Nasch and Don Thousand on the horizon. I mean if they made him go ZEXAL III against Heartland who really isn't much of a threat compared to Yuma's past Barian opponents, he could easily end up with ZEXAL IV and ZEXAL Ultimate by the time the next arc ends.
    Last edited by Ben 10; 1st October 2013 at 06:50 PM.


    Best Wishes to BW!

  5. #815
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    I'm scared at how many ZEXALs Yuma might pull with his upcoming clashes with Nasch and Don Thousand on the horizon. I mean if they made him go ZEXAL III against Heartland who really isn't much of a threat compared to Yuma's past Barian opponents, he could easily end up with ZEXAL IV and ZEXAL Ultimate by the time the next arc ends.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they went that route. They probably want to keep giving Yuma new Zexal forms until he reaches the final form at the end of the series.

  6. #816
    It's hero time! Ben 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they went that route. They probably want to keep giving Yuma new Zexal forms until he reaches the final form at the end of the series.
    I hope that isn't the case honestly. ZEXAL used to feel special but if they constantly spam the new forms then it will just loss it's edge.

    Imo ZEXAL III should have been a ranked down version like Utopia Roots was to Utopia.


    Best Wishes to BW!

  7. #817
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    I hope that isn't the case honestly. ZEXAL used to feel special but if they constantly spam the new forms then it will just loss it's edge.

    Imo ZEXAL III should have been a ranked down version like Utopia Roots was to Utopia.
    I'd prefer for them to not spam new forms since I never liked the power of Zexal. It's just a glorified deus ex machina that honestly looks pretty ridiculous. It does tie into Yuma and Astral's bond and the other series had deus ex machina draws too, but the power of Zexal lacks their more "subtle" approach. Zexal III being a ranked down version like Hope Roots would have been pretty cool and a nice way to tie into the theme from Yuma's last duel.

  8. #818
    It's hero time! Ben 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I'd prefer for them to not spam new forms since I never liked the power of Zexal. It's just a glorified deus ex machina that honestly looks pretty ridiculous. It does tie into Yuma and Astral's bond and the other series had deus ex machina draws too, but the power of Zexal lacks their more "subtle" approach. Zexal III being a ranked down version like Hope Roots would have been pretty cool and a nice way to tie into the theme from Yuma's last duel.
    I agree. ZEXAL always felt like deus ex machina and the fact that it could easily classify as blatant cheating in the Yugiohverse doesn't help either. After seeing ZEXAL III it feels like they are just trying to make it look flashier and more ridiculous as it upgrades as opposed to tying it into Yuma and Astral's current state of mind.


    Best Wishes to BW!

  9. #819
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    I agree. ZEXAL always felt like deus ex machina and the fact that it could easily classify as blatant cheating in the Yugiohverse doesn't help either. After seeing ZEXAL III it feels like they are just trying to make it look flashier and more ridiculous as it upgrades as opposed to tying it into Yuma and Astral's current state of mind.
    Yeah, I've always disliked how Yuma can basically create any card he wants with his Shining Draw. At least with the other cheap draws in the previous series, they were limited to the cards in their decks, except for maybe Savior Dragon in 5Ds. Still, it's pretty cheap and glorified cheating. The Zexal forms always looked flashy and ridiculous. I still remember just laughing at how ridiculous the first form looked and how it reminded me more of Megaman than anything Yu-Gi-Oh! related. While the other forms look ridiculous too, at least they kind of look more like Hope Ray Victory and Hope to make it look less like Megaman.

  10. #820
    It's hero time! Ben 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Yeah, I've always disliked how Yuma can basically create any card he wants with his Shining Draw. At least with the other cheap draws in the previous series, they were limited to the cards in their decks, except for maybe Savior Dragon in 5Ds. Still, it's pretty cheap and glorified cheating. The Zexal forms always looked flashy and ridiculous. I still remember just laughing at how ridiculous the first form looked and how it reminded me more of Megaman than anything Yu-Gi-Oh! related. While the other forms look ridiculous too, at least they kind of look more like Hope Ray Victory and Hope to make it look less like Megaman.
    I glad he never reused Re-Contact Universe after the first time I find that worse then Shining Draws. I remember in past series that they usually created monsters that they shouldn't have even had in their decks. At least they are just straight up telling us he's cheating instead of trying to pay it off like in the past. The most ridiculous thing I've seen besides ZEXAL was Yusei turning into a Golden God against Z-one.


    Best Wishes to BW!

  11. #821
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    I glad he never reused Re-Contact Universe after the first time I find that worse then Shining Draws. I remember in past series that they usually created monsters that they shouldn't have even had in their decks. At least they are just straight up telling us he's cheating instead of trying to pay it off like in the past. The most ridiculous thing I've seen besides ZEXAL was Yusei turning into a Golden God against Z-one.
    Re-Contact Universe and Shining Draws are pretty equally bad for me since they're both blatant cheating. They do have some justification in the chant for the Shining Draws. It's something like a duelist can determine the outcome of even the card they draw. I'd prefer the characters just having immense good luck instead. Yusei during golden during his match against Z-One was ridiculous, but it was so ridiculous that it was kind of cool. I think that they're trying to do that with the Zexal forms and for me, they're not working at all in that regard.

  12. #822
    It's hero time! Ben 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Re-Contact Universe and Shining Draws are pretty equally bad for me since they're both blatant cheating. They do have some justification in the chant for the Shining Draws. It's something like a duelist can determine the outcome of even the card they draw. I'd prefer the characters just having immense good luck instead. Yusei during golden during his match against Z-One was ridiculous, but it was so ridiculous that it was kind of cool. I think that they're trying to do that with the Zexal forms and for me, they're not working at all in that regard.
    At least he never Re-Contacted a Shining Draw. The thought of that is just ugh. I like the chant too though personally I would actually find it interesting if their shining draw failed and they had to improvise, I remember it happened with Vetrix and Aito a bit but I want him to literally have a Shining Draw that doesn't help at all. I'm pretty neutral on both those power-ups but I see what you mean. I kinda miss the simple changes that Yugi and Jaden went through when they entered their power-up modes I mean it was plain but you could feel the intensity of the change without it being too flashy.


    Best Wishes to BW!

  13. #823
    Only 70 new Pokemon? Hoopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,080
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Re-Contact Universe and Shining Draws are pretty equally bad for me since they're both blatant cheating. They do have some justification in the chant for the Shining Draws. It's something like a duelist can determine the outcome of even the card they draw. I'd prefer the characters just having immense good luck instead. Yusei during golden during his match against Z-One was ridiculous, but it was so ridiculous that it was kind of cool. I think that they're trying to do that with the Zexal forms and for me, they're not working at all in that regard.
    At least he never Re-Contacted a Shining Draw. The thought of that is just ugh. I like the chant too though personally I would actually find it interesting if their shining draw failed and they had to improvise, I remember it happened with Vetrix and Aito a bit but I want him to literally have a Shining Draw that doesn't help at all. I'm pretty neutral on both those power-ups but I see what you mean. I kinda miss the simple changes that Yugi and Jaden went through when they entered their power-up modes I mean it was plain but you could feel the intensity of the change without it being too flashy.

    Problem with that is that in every single time he shining draws it was get a card that wins the duel this turn or lose. They basically are written as to never be dead because they can't be.

  14. #824
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Talonflame View Post
    Problem with that is that in every single time he shining draws it was get a card that wins the duel this turn or lose. They basically are written as to never be dead because they can't be.
    That's true and that does make it more difficult to effectively create drama. Not to mention anytime they use Zexal it takes away whatever tension of their duel had. Yuma losing Astral this time was handled more effectively though.

  15. #825
    It's hero time! Ben 10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    337
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    The latest episode was awesome. Seeing Nasch and Merag's Barian forms along with all 7 Barian Emperors together was just great. It was also nice to see the Humans step up now that their top 2 duelists are out of commission. Overall this was a good start to the 6th arc and I highly anticipate the reveals of the new Barians Force and the remaining Over-Hundered Number Cs.

    The only let down was Merag dueling solely Bronk considering how underwhelming he is in comparison to the other duelists. I don't get why Cathy and Caswell didn't join him considering they are duelists as well.


    Best Wishes to BW!

Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •