Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Haruto will duel in the 3DS Zexal game!:

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

One of the aspects I don't quite like about the Zexal game is that it makes so many of the boring and one-shot characters duel. It seems like a bit of a waste in my opinion. I'd rather just play as the major characters than including characters like Haruto and Akarai.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    One of the aspects I don't quite like about the Zexal game is that it makes so many of the boring and one-shot characters duel. It seems like a bit of a waste in my opinion. I'd rather just play as the major characters than including characters like Haruto and Akarai.
    You can choose not to play as them, nobody is forcing you. Having almost all the characters duel makes the game feel more complete because nobody is left out. It's one of the aspects I like the most because I have more freedom on who to play as, and variety never hurts anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    You can choose not to play as them, nobody is forcing you. Having almost all the characters duel makes the game feel more complete because nobody is left out. It's one of the aspects I like the most because I have more freedom on who to play as, and variety never hurts anyone.
    I know that no one is forcing me to play as any of the characters and it does allow for variety, but did we really need characters like the one-shots from WDC in this game? I don't think so. I would have been fine with just including dueling as major characters, instead of including everyone and taking up space on the game. If this was for GX or 5Ds where more of the characters, both the main cast and supporting characters, were included, then I'd be more excited about it. Including so many of the Zexal characters that don't appeal to me in this game isn't going to make me excited. At this point, I would have preferred playing as my own avatar character than playing as the majority of the characters they've mentioned.

Blog Entries

I know that no one is forcing me to play as any of the characters and it does allow for variety, but did we really need characters like the one-shots from WDC in this game? I don't think so. I would have been fine with just including dueling as major characters, instead of including everyone and taking up space on the game. If this was for GX or 5Ds where more of the characters, both the main cast and supporting characters, were included, then I'd be more excited about it. Including so many of the Zexal characters that don't appeal to me in this game isn't going to make me excited. At this point, I would have preferred playing as my own avatar character than playing as the majority of the characters they've mentioned.
    I think it makes for a great variety of characters to duel against instead of just the 10 or so main ones, and we needed them because they're from Zexal and have a different deck you can duel against. Dueling the same characters over and over is boring, and I'd rather duel characters I don't like at all too instead of characters I like all the time. Not adding them into the game is just wasted potential, and I'm sure the fans of the characters would be displeased(I know a big Haruto fan which was overjoyed to know Haruto can duel), so it's definitely not a waste at all. I can understand how you'd think it's a waste for you though, but it's for the best for the majority(especially when games based on anime tend to include as many characters possible), and it helps make the game have more content too. Bottom line it's just better in the long run. Like I said, you don't have to play as them, although I do like the idea of having your own custom made character and fighting other randomly made characters.

I think it makes for a great variety of characters to duel against instead of just the 10 or so main ones, and we needed them because they're from Zexal and have a different deck you can duel against. Dueling the same characters over and over is boring, and I'd rather duel characters I don't like at all too instead of characters I like all the time. Not adding them into the game is just wasted potential, and I'm sure the fans of the characters would be displeased(I know a big Haruto fan which was overjoyed to know Haruto can duel), so it's definitely not a waste at all. I can understand how you'd think it's a waste for you though, but it's for the best for the majority(especially when games based on anime tend to include as many characters possible), and it helps make the game have more content too. Bottom line it's just better in the long run. Like I said, you don't have to play as them, although I do like the idea of having your own custom made character and fighting other randomly made characters.
    I don't think that we needed all of the characters that they're including for this game. I think that people could live without the one-shot characters from the WDC being in the game. They're more of a waste to me than including Haruto, although I'm not that thrilled with Haruto being included since he has no personality. At least Haruto had a role in the storyline, even it was basically a plot-device to motivate Kaito. That's still more than including characters like the one-shots, Akari and I think Fuya's mother. It does add more content at least, but I don't think that they needed to add that many characters. I'd go for quality more than quantity generally speaking, so adding a ton of characters, most of which aren't even that important to the series, in the game for the shake of it doesn't really quite appeal to me. They could use that space to add more to some events for playing as the more important characters. I still want the game to try out different cards, but it does seem like a waste to give unimportant characters a presence in this game.

Blog Entries

Personally I think Vector is stronger then Dumon and Mizael. He is basically ZEXAL's Yami Bakura a duelist who is strong but just can't win a duel because they have to lose to drive the plot. If Dumon or Mizael lost I'm not sure what they can do besides join Yuma's side.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

Hey, y'all ^-^ . Links ta the artists bringing us our 6th OP and ED, in case anyone wants a feel for their music ;) !
    ダイアモンド☆ユカイオフィシャルブログ「ユカイなサムシング」powered by アメブロ
    DISCOGRAPHY | REDMAN
    HumanDawn likes this.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Blog Entries

I don't think that we needed all of the characters that they're including for this game. I think that people could live without the one-shot characters from the WDC being in the game. They're more of a waste to me than including Haruto, although I'm not that thrilled with Haruto being included since he has no personality. At least Haruto had a role in the storyline, even it was basically a plot-device to motivate Kaito. That's still more than including characters like the one-shots, Akari and I think Fuya's mother. It does add more content at least, but I don't think that they needed to add that many characters. I'd go for quality more than quantity generally speaking, so adding a ton of characters, most of which aren't even that important to the series, in the game for the shake of it doesn't really quite appeal to me. They could use that space to add more to some events for playing as the more important characters. I still want the game to try out different cards, but it does seem like a waste to give unimportant characters a presence in this game.
    They add a ton of needed variety, so they're definitely needed, and they could be more likable with the given attention in the game. I remember not really liking Sherry, but thanks to the 5D's game I started to think she was more interesting and thus more likable. I'm sure space isn't a problem considering the amount of space the 3DS can handle. Unimportant or not they deserve a spot in the game just for being in Zexal and contributing to the little they contributed. I can't see how it's a waste to be able to fight characters with different decks when it's good varied content.

They add a ton of needed variety, so they're definitely needed, and they could be more likable with the given attention in the game. I remember not really liking Sherry, but thanks to the 5D's game I started to think she was more interesting and thus more likable. I'm sure space isn't a problem considering the amount of space the 3DS can handle. Unimportant or not they deserve a spot in the game just for being in Zexal and contributing to the little they contributed. I can't see how it's a waste to be able to fight characters with different decks when it's good varied content.
    They could have a ton of variety with just important characters and some of the unimportant character that the show treats as important like Kotori, the rest of the Numbers Club and Anna. They don't need to include characters for the shake of adding more variety when they would have plenty even without including so many characters. Given how boring all of the one-shot characters were, I really doubt that their presence in this game will make them any better. Regardless of whether or not one liked Sherry and how she was ultimately handled, she definitely had more personality than all of them and certainly had a more interesting backstory/subplot than they did. They would have to make them far less generic and annoying for one-shot characters to be likable for me. The 3DS does have a lot of space, but that space could have been used for the more important characters. With forty characters available to play as, at least some of them are going to be pretty short, so they could just use that space to extend some of the other ones.

I don't think that every character deserves a spot just for being in Zexal. Every one of the main characters do at least and ones that have strong fan appeal to get more people to play the game, but I don't think that characters like Akari deserve a spot when they have little importance in the series and not much personality. It provides more variety in its content, but like I said, quality is generally better than quantity to me, so I'd prefer having just all of the important characters, as well as characters that the show treat as important when they really aren't, over cramming in a bunch of characters, regardless of their personalities, fan appeal or impact on the storyline, for the shake of variety. They could have had plenty of variety without putting in so many characters into the game for the shake of it.

Blog Entries

They could have a ton of variety with just important characters and some of the unimportant character that the show treats as important like Kotori, the rest of the Numbers Club and Anna. They don't need to include characters for the shake of adding more variety when they would have plenty even without including so many characters.
    That's not varied enough.

Given how boring all of the one-shot characters were, I really doubt that their presence in this game will make them any better. Regardless of whether or not one liked Sherry and how she was ultimately handled, she definitely had more personality than all of them and certainly had a more interesting backstory/subplot than they did. They would have to make them far less generic and annoying for one-shot characters to be likable for me. The 3DS does have a lot of space, but that space could have been used for the more important characters. With forty characters available to play as, at least some of them are going to be pretty short, so they could just use that space to extend some of the other ones.
    They could extend them to as much as they like, and it's natural the main characters will have the longest ones.

I don't think that every character deserves a spot just for being in Zexal. Every one of the main characters do at least and ones that have strong fan appeal to get more people to play the game, but I don't think that characters like Akari deserve a spot when they have little importance in the series and not much personality. It provides more variety in its content, but like I said, quality is generally better than quantity to me, so I'd prefer having just all of the important characters, as well as characters that the show treat as important when they really aren't, over cramming in a bunch of characters, regardless of their personalities, fan appeal or impact on the storyline, for the shake of variety. They could have had plenty of variety without putting in so many characters into the game for the shake of it.
    I agree, but this is quantity that adds to the overall optional quality of the game, which like you know, you're not forced to play through. The more variety never hurts and it's a fact that the more variety a game has the more likely it is to sell. Variety is very appealing, and people knowing that it's going to have plenty of it makes them more inclined to buy the game in the end. I wanted to buy and get the game before, but now with all the variety I feel like as if I really need to get it and that it's less likely that it will be a waste if I buy it. It'll cost the same anyway, so I'd like it to have as much content as possible, and from there judge if it's bad or not instead of immediately saying said content is going to be a waste.

That's not varied enough.
    If the game covered only those characters, then I think it would have around twenty-four or twenty-five characters to play as. That's plenty of variety right there. I don't think that the game needs to include a ton of characters for the shake of variety.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    They could extend them to as much as they like, and it's natural the main characters will have the longest ones.
    The main characters will have the longest ones, but I just think that giving space for characters like the one shots, Akari and Fuya's mother is unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    I agree, but this is quantity that adds to the overall optional quality of the game, which like you know, you're not forced to play through. The more variety never hurts and it's a fact that the more variety a game has the more likely it is to sell. Variety is very appealing, and people knowing that it's going to have plenty of it makes them more inclined to buy the game in the end. I wanted to buy and get the game before, but now with all the variety I feel like as if I really need to get it and that it's less likely that it will be a waste if I buy it. It'll cost the same anyway, so I'd like it to have as much content as possible, and from there judge if it's bad or not instead of immediately saying said content is going to be a waste.
    I don't think that the quantity adds to the quality, but that's kind of hard to tell exactly anyway without actually playing through the game. I know that I'm not forced to play through, but I just don't really like that they're including characters that aren't important or have much fan appeal. That's all that I've been trying to say. Variety is appealing, but I still think that they would have plenty of it if they didn't cram in so many characters as possible. I don't think that including characters that aren't important or have a lot of fan appeal would really drive up sales. Just being able to play as the main characters, villains and some of the popular/unimportant secondary characters that the show treats as important would attract a lot of people to play the game. Would playing as Akari or the one-shot WDC characters really attract a significant amount of people? In my opinion, no. Like I said, I still want to buy it to try out new cards and I've been wanting a 3DS Yu-Gi-Oh! game for ages, but I still don't think that they needed to cram in a ton of characters for the shake of variety. The game would still have variety and replay value if they covered only the more important characters and characters with significant fan appeal.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Blog Entries

New ZeXal Summaries from Nasch:

Blog Entries

Everything sounds awesome. My only 3 pet peeves are

1) Trey and Quinton play fallguys to hype up Kite vs Mzael
    2) Yuma vs. Alito 4.0
    3) Still no Merag action

The biggest shocker is that Nasch and Merag are side by side with Vector. I wonder if they get manipulated or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    Everything sounds awesome. My only 3 pet peeves are

1) Trey and Quinton play fallguys to hype up Kite vs Mzael
    2) Yuma vs. Alito 4.0
    3) Still no Merag action

The biggest shocker is that Nasch and Merag are side by side with Vector. I wonder if they get manipulated or something.
    I'm surprised about that as well. Considering what happened in their past lives and the fact that he killed them as Barians, I don't know why they would be siding with Vector, or any of the other Barians that aren't Durbe for that matter. I thought that Shark and Rio would just be looking out for Durbe and the rest of the people from his army from his past life. That would make sense than just joining up with the Barians completely. I could see him and Rio getting manipulated like Alit and Gilag did or maybe they're under the false impression that they need to team up with the other Barian Emperors in order to protect the Barian World and their friends from their past lives. Hopefully, that will be cleared up either when that episode airs or during the last few episodes of this arc.

As for the rest of the preview information:

HumanDawn likes this.

Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast