Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Made a gif set of Hope Roots being summoned:

Demon Prince Laharl

The duel went well and the episode was okay. I liked the scene where the Astral beings gave a share of their energy to revive Astral and of Ryoga's people being in the Barian world.

Blog Entries

Personally I liked this episode. Kenichi Hara's animation is always awesome and the fact Yuma finally won a major duel on his own was also nice. I'm looking forward to what happens with Vector next episode.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I thought that this week's episode was pretty good. The duel was a bit more interesting, although it helped that it was ending this time around. Even though it basically consisted of Eliphas getting an overpowered Xyz monster and Yuma gaining a new power-up for Hope via deus ex machnia draw, I kind of liked what they were going for with Yuma using Hope Roots, a weak monster, to defeat Eliphas' overpowered New Order monster. It connected to their arguments throughout the duel over the need to Rank Up and the importance of Chaos. Yuma winning with a powered up weak monster showed that Eliphas' philosophy wasn't correct, or at least that the use of Chaos isn't as black and white as he claimed it was, so that was pretty nice.

The reunion itself was quite sweet and heartwarming. The animation was good throughout the episode, but it looked really nice during that moment too. The music during that scene was also really nice. Astral crying right with Yuma was just cute. While Yuma's conflict with losing and then struggling to regain Astral hasn't been one of the more interesting aspects of this arc, I do like how they've handled Yuma losing Astral this time around. Actually dealing with the lost for episodes and working towards getting him back adds more emotional weight to it than some random power giving Astral back to him an episode after he died. Not to mention it makes the resolution with getting him back more satisfying to see, so they did handle that conflict in a better fashion this time around at least.

The focus back on Shark's subplot was really good. I still kind of wonder how his army could be in the Barian World without the other Emperors knowing about them. From what I understood, it seems like Shark's mission is to protect the Barian World and while he said that he had to break his ties with Yuma and the others, it sounds like he's doing it more out of a desire to protect the people from his past life from suffering again, which makes more sense than just wanting to side with the Barians. Also, I think we have confirmation that Rio is Merag since Durbe referred to them as Nasch and Merag. Not that it wasn't so obvious for weeks, but confirmation is always nice. It should be really interesting to see where that goes in future episodes, but that probably won't happen until the next arc.

Also, Yuma's mother appeared for the first time in over a hundred episodes. At this point, I thought that they just forgot about her. I don't know how she got in the Astral World with Kazuma. They never bothered to explain how she disappeared, but since they brought her back, I imagine that they'll explain that at some point.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    HumanDawn likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

The new revelations are cool, but they might as well be fake. Only time will tell.

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive Until Xmas View Post
    The new revelations are cool, but they might as well be fake. Only time will tell.
    They aren't fake.

Blog Entries

I am sorry, it is just I can't really trust them anymore.

Now, is there a rumor around that the old previews will eventually come to pass, albeit later?
    Niji likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

Now, is there a rumor around that the old previews will eventually come to pass, albeit later?
    I think the magazine and translators are pretty trustworthy, though.

Where'd you hear that? I've been suspecting they could, but I didn't know it was an actual rumor.
    Last edited by Niji; 17th September 2013 at 07:01 PM.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Blog Entries

Those are legitimate pictures NaC got and translated like the ones before. There is no reason to doubt them with the pictures provided.

That's just a theory.

Blog Entries

Personally I'm glad for the New Season and for Quattro getting a Number C but despite how unlikely it seems I really want Kite vs Mizael to be concluded before the end of the arc. I just feel that ending it now would be better then dragging it out especially with how little emotional impact it has on either side and how underwhelming it is in general.

Also on a scale from all 7 Barian Emperors how strong do you think Nasch and Merag are? I'm counting normal Vector over DT influenced Vector btw.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    Personally I'm glad for the New Season and for Quattro getting a Number C but despite how unlikely it seems I really want Kite vs Mizael to be concluded before the end of the arc. I just feel that ending it now would be better then dragging it out especially with how little emotional impact it has on either side and how underwhelming it is in general.
    It's not really important or relevant now, but I bet they'll make them duel when something really needs to be done and Mizael needs to be beaten.

Also on a scale from all 7 Barian Emperors how strong do you think Nasch and Merag are? I'm counting normal Vector over DT influenced Vector btw.
    With how hyped up they were, and how both Rio and Ryoga have shown to be very capable duelists, I'd bet with them being Barians they're now better duelists than the other five. I'd say Nasch is the best one, and if Merag is way weaker than she's only below Misael(he was very strong in his duel against Yuma).

I could understand why you'd feel that way if these were just general preview information, but this time around with have magazine and translators to confirm that these are real. There's really no reason to doubt this information. Plus, we haven't really had that many cases of fake previews for Zexal, at least not compared to the fake previews there were for 5D's, so I wouldn't be so skeptical about the preview information after one time they were fake. It was disappointing, but I don't think that it's happened enough to where I would lose all faith in whatever translated information we have for the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    We already have the preview information for the rest of this arc, so there's no way for Kaito vs. Misael to happen before it ends. They're already dragging it out as it is, so I don't really see much of a difference doing it now or later. I agree that it is underwhelming and there's little emotional investment on either side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya
    I could see Nasch being the strongest since he's the leader of the Barian Emperors and Merag being in the top three sounds about right to me as well.
    Ben 10 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    We already have the preview information for the rest of this arc, so there's no way for Kaito vs. Misael to happen before it ends. They're already dragging it out as it is, so I don't really see much of a difference doing it now or later. I agree that it is underwhelming and there's little emotional investment on either side.
    I'm just being optimistic towards it already ending. xD Ending it know would be better since it finally ends. Though Kite hasn't even thought of Mizael in any of his past episodes. I mean if he said something like "I have to make it past this battle to defeat Mizael" back in the Mosquito Ninja duel then I would believe he cares a little but he said nothing about it and I literally forgot their rivalry existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I could see Nasch being the strongest since he's the leader of the Barian Emperors and Merag being in the top three sounds about right to me as well.
    That's what I believe as well. Also the fact Nasch as Shark can fight Dumon on par just proves to me that he would beat him fighting at his full power as a Barian. Merag confuses me honestly though I put her on par with Dumon and Vector.

My ranking of the 7 goes

Nasch> Vector> Dumon/Merag/Mizael> Alito> Girag

Blog Entries

The Seven Barian Emperors:

Nasch: He should be the best, he is the leader after all.
    Merag: I do not know, her past-self was an okay Duelist, but not that great either.
    Gilag: He has not really Dueled a lot, since most of the time he makes others do his work. That's why he is not that good as a Duelist.
    Alit: A bit too reckless with his Dueling. Still, he is not bad, and showed us a different side in the Cheat Commisioner Tag Match.
    Misael: He is supposed to be a really good Duelist, his first Duel was flawless, the second one just did not really happen.
    Vector: I am not sure if he is really good, or using dirty tricks to win (and fail every single time). Since he never won once, I am leaning more to the second.
    Durbe: Complete mystery. The only thing we ever saw him do is spam his Number (without getting a Chaos Form), then doing nothing for the rest of the series.

Nasch> Misael> Durbe> Alit> Vector> Gilag
    Merag can't fit yet, I think. List prone to changes (depends on Durbe)

Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast