Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Page 50

Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    That's true their showing off makes them Punching Bags to the Main Characters. The rare duels that have the villain winning usually feel less organic. That's what feels like his arrogance got the best of him and even then it's like the writers realized he would have won so they chose to not let him use it's effect just so the plot could continue.
    I think labeling them as punching bags is a bit too much, especially when they weren't exactly instantly beaten(although I can understand how ZeXal's powers can make you label them that). I think he just wanted to keep on torturing Yuma, and he didn't expect Zexal II. It's good for me because it makes the villain flawed and thus be more interesting. I'd have liked some fleshing out of it, as some good characterization isn't noticed because of how it isn't pointed out in the show.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    I think labeling them as punching bags is a bit too much, especially when they weren't exactly instantly beaten(although I can understand how ZeXal's powers can make you label them that). I think he just wanted to keep on torturing Yuma, and he didn't expect Zexal II. It's good for me because it makes the villain flawed and thus be more interesting. I'd have liked some fleshing out of it, as some good characterization isn't noticed because of how it isn't pointed out in the show.
    Yeah you're right it's just their my 2 favorite ZEXAL villains and it's sad to see how little they win. I mean Dark Mist lost to Bronk I know he didn't lose directly to him but it still looks bad on paper. That's a good explanation. I'm not sure who he hates more from Yuma or Shark now. That's true it got dull seeing invincible villains that could never lose like in the past series. It's usually left to fan speculation which kinda sucks. I still can't believe that Vector actually lost to Shark in the past. I expected him to win and kill him in that duel.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Well, the new episode was interesting, but I need translations/subs/something to get the whole hang of it...

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I thought that this week's episode was pretty good. I'm so glad that Yuma's duel had little focus here. It wasn't surprising considering that Shark vs. Vector was the main focus here, but Shark reliving his past life is just so much more interesting and Shark's subplot has been my favorite aspect of this arc so far, so I'm in favor of giving that more attention. Rio did appear as kind of a metal ghost to Shark and from what I understand, she is aware of everything Shark has dealt with, which isn't too surprising either since I figured that she would have some kind of way of learning about what has been going on. The little girl, Iris, just looks like Rio for some reason. It was probably just to make Shark feel even worse at the end that he couldn't protect her since they clearly haven't made Shark feel bad enough with this subplot.[/sarcasm]

The ancient duel with Vector was pretty decent. It does continue to make me think that Zexal takes place in an alternate universe due to Xyz monsters existing since ancient times. Trying to fit that into the timeline from the previous three series is a bit tricky. The animators really love making intense facial reactions, even for non-villains apparently. Seeing Shark win was pretty cool though. It looked like Vector died, even though that would contradict how he committed suicide according to the legend Rio was able to read. The best theory I've heard is that Vector still committed suicide, but was then revived by Don Thousand to continue his killing spree. That would make sense, especially with Don Thousand's Barian mark being present during this duel and possibly causing the game of darkness to begin with.

Shark getting broken up at the sight of Iris' dead body, as well as realizing that he is a Barian was pretty sad. Not sad enough to make me cry, but it was sad to see my favorite character in this series just be so broken. It also looks like all of the people who died were sent to the Barian World for some reason. I guess that they'll explain that in the next episode based on the preview during the ending theme, but that was a bit confusing. I can just see the dub trying to tone down the fact that they all died by adding in narration from Iris or some of the other people to reassure Shark, similar to how 4Kids handled Carly's two deaths. Konami is going to have a fun time dubbing this arc with all of the images and references to death, war and suicide.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    It does continue to make me think that Zexal takes place in an alternate universe due to Xyz monsters existing since ancient times. Trying to fit that into the timeline from the previous three series is a bit tricky.
    The ancient times I think you're referring to are the Egyptian times, while the time in this episode looks like it was the time of Vikings. I don't recall the Egyptian times ever treating Xyz monsters as if they never existed though, just that they were never used or mentioned, but it's been a long while and maybe they said somewhere how the normal monsters with some having effects were the only type. Maybe they were just discovered later.

Shark getting broken up at the sight of Iris' dead body, as well as realizing that he is a Barian was pretty sad. Not sad enough to make me cry, but it was sad to see my favorite character in this series just be so broken. It also looks like all of the people who died were sent to the Barian World for some reason.
    It was more dramatic than sad for me. I was amazed with how it was handled animation and music wise, but I can't help but facepalm at how Iris just basically killed herself by going into the middle of the war when she had no reason to go to where she wouldn't have been of any help. It's not like she had some special powers that she may have thought she could have helped with. I can't really feel anything for her death because she was just introduced in the episode having a simple background and just being a green haired little Rio with no personality, and her huge recklessness doesn't help either.

I thought the duel was basic as far as duels go, but it was still interesting and fun to follow, and Vector had a risky but good strategy planned out. I also really liked the animation in it too, and how nice looking the bars for LP and ATK were.

The ancient times I think you're referring to are the Egyptian times, while the time in this episode looks like it was the time of Vikings. I don't recall the Egyptian times ever treating Xyz monsters as if they never existed though, just that they were never used or mentioned, but it's been a long while and maybe they said somewhere how the normal monsters with some having effects were the only type. Maybe they were just discovered later.
    I was referring to the timeline in this episode since it was ancient. Even though we haven't had any confirmation as to when these past lives take place, it could still be considered ancient. The reason why I don't think it would fit into the timeline is because of how Xyz monsters have existed for a long time, but were never present in any of the other series. At least with the Signer Dragons, they weren't treated as Synchro monsters when they were fighting against the Earth Bound Gods, so that didn't conflict with the timeline. Xyz monsters existing for centuries, on the other hand, would, so that's one reason why I think that this takes place in an alternate universe. Besides that, it would be kind of fitting due to how Zexal deals with different worlds already with the Astral and Barian Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    It was more dramatic than sad for me. I was amazed with how it was handled animation and music wise, but I can't help but facepalm at how Iris just basically killed herself by going into the middle of the war when she had no reason to go to where she wouldn't have been of any help. It's not like she had some special powers that she may have thought she could have helped with. I can't really feel anything for her death because she was just introduced in the episode having a simple background and just being a green haired little Rio with no personality, and her huge recklessness doesn't help either.

I thought the duel was basic as far as duels go, but it was still interesting and fun to follow, and Vector had a risky but good strategy planned out. I also really liked the animation in it too, and how nice looking the bars for LP and ATK were.
    I was sad for Shark because he was the only one of the two who actually had any character. I wasn't really sad for Iris or her death since as you pointed out, she was just a green haired little Rio with no personality. Iris was just there to make him feel even more guilty when he couldn't protect her. I figured that she would die somehow when they were showing her bond a bit with Shark, so I wasn't too surprised. I was more amazed as to how anyone wouldn't protect a little girl running into the battlefield. Granted, they were all fighting, but I would have thought that someone would have noticed and tried to put her somewhere safe. Though, charging into a battlefield out of concern for Shark when she couldn't do anything to help was pretty stupid on her part.

Blog Entries

I was referring to the timeline in this episode since it was ancient. Even though we haven't had any confirmation as to when these past lives take place, it could still be considered ancient.
    I meant to refer to them as both being ancient times but in different periods.

The reason why I don't think it would fit into the timeline is because of how Xyz monsters have existed for a long time, but were never present in any of the other series. At least with the Signer Dragons, they weren't treated as Synchro monsters when they were fighting against the Earth Bound Gods, so that didn't conflict with the timeline. Xyz monsters existing for centuries, on the other hand, would, so that's one reason why I think that this takes place in an alternate universe. Besides that, it would be kind of fitting due to how Zexal deals with different worlds already with the Astral and Barian Worlds.
    I don't think them being present in any other series makes it conflict with this time. There were cards we haven't seen in other series, yet new cards appearing in new series didn't conflict with them. Yeah, I know that Xyz monsters are different with the requirements and appearance but it still can possibly not conflict. I still think that it can go either way with Zexal, and I think with how in GX it was said that there were worlds fighting each other in space(which I don't recall ever being brought up again or resolved) it's still possible for Zexal to not be in an AU. I don't really care or mind if it's connected to the previous series or not since it won't make much of a difference in the long run. I know there's stuff for Zexal to be an AU, but nothing really convincing, which I could say the same for it not being an AU.

Though, charging into a battlefield out of concern for Shark when she couldn't do anything to help was pretty stupid on her part.
    She could have stayed in the camp and still got killed in the attack. It would make more sense, at least.

I meant to refer to them as both being ancient times but in different periods.
    Oh, okay. That makes more sense.

I don't think them being present in any other series makes it conflict with this time. There were cards we haven't seen in other series, yet new cards appearing in new series didn't conflict with them. Yeah, I know that Xyz monsters are different with the requirements and appearance but it still can possibly not conflict. I still think that it can go either way with Zexal, and I think with how in GX it was said that there were worlds fighting each other in space(which I don't recall ever being brought up again or resolved) it's still possible for Zexal to not be in an AU. I don't really care or mind if it's connected to the previous series or not since it won't make much of a difference in the long run. I know there's stuff for Zexal to be an AU, but nothing really convincing, which I could say the same for it not being an AU.
    We see new cards that didn't appear in other series, but we can assume that they were produced in-between the different timelines or just weren't shown before. Xyz monsters existing for centuries and people being able to use them as Xyz monsters in duels would conflict with the timeline more than new spells, traps or already established monsters. It certainly makes it more difficult to put Zexal in the timeline for the other three series. They did mention twelve different worlds during the Dark World arc in GX, but I don't think that was brought up afterwards. Zexal being one of those twelve worlds would be an interesting twist, although I think that would still make it take place in an alternate universe. Personally, I see more signs of Zexal being in an alternate universe rather than trying to connect it with the previous three series, but I could see how you'd see that it could go either way.

She could have stayed in the camp and still got killed in the attack. It would make more sense, at least.
    She probably could have survived if she stayed at the camp site, but the attacks could have found a way to her anyway and I agree that it would have made a bit more sense.

Blog Entries

I wonder where Dumon was after everyone got killed. We know for a fact that he didn't die because of his legend and I wouldn't see him running away from a battle where his friend's nation is at stake. So I'm confused at what happened to him.

The shocking thing would be if Merag was the fused incarnation of Rio and Iris.
    Niji likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

New cards!

Thanks to @Ray Koya; for showing me those, he prolly can't post them himself as it would be double post.

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Blog Entries

I've got some news that I unfortunately confirm the validity of, but I'm going to post it anyway just in case: (and it has potential major spoilers)

Blog Entries

Until proven otherwise I'm still going for Merag being the fused incarnation of Rio and Iris.

I've got some news that I unfortunately confirm the validity of, but I'm going to post it anyway just in case: (and it has potential major spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya
    Until proven otherwise I'm still going for Merag being the fused incarnation of Rio and Iris.
    I'm not sure how that would work and I doubt that they would make Iris that important. She was introduced here just to die and make Shark feel even more sadness and guilt. I doubt that they would include her as being part of Merag. At least when Rio died in her past life, there was a purpose to it beyond making Shark feel sad. I doubt that there's any connection between past Rio and Iris too. In my opinion, she's just a girl that happens to look like Rio and nothing more.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

I'm not sure how that would work and I doubt that they would make Iris that important. She was introduced here just to die and make Shark feel even more sadness and guilt. I doubt that they would include her as being part of Merag. At least when Rio died in her past life, there was a purpose to it beyond making Shark feel sad. I doubt that there's any connection between past Rio and Iris too. In my opinion, she's just a girl that happens to look like Rio and nothing more.
    I know I'm just keeping a open eye for any potential plot twists. It's been while since we got one so I think they might throw one soon.

Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast