Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Page 5

Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

That's a guy?! o_O

He looks even girlier than Lucius from Fire Emblem 7! And that's saying something (Lucius not only has long flowing blonde hair and a rather feminine face, he also has CURVES. All he's missing are boobs).

Anyway, is there no love for Astral? He's by far my favorite character in Zexal! Sure, he's kind of robotic, but that part of him is hilarious when he talks to Yuma! And he gets a lot of character development. He slowly begins to gain personality and feel emotions, such as when he begins to fear Kaito (or however you spell his name). That's just really fascinating. Plus, Astral's blue apparition-like appearance is also awesome. And that hair of his too. :D

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Astral is also very cute. He was my favorite character until Kaito-sama showed up. Then I fell in love.
    Midorikawa likes this.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Psh, you all know III's the epitome of manliness.

III is the most adorable character to ever grace an anime. <3 <3 <3
    Momoka and Midorikawa like this.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

III is adorable, but I can't help but love Kaito-sama more... X3 I love his whole story. And my god, do I love his relationship with Haruto. SO CUUUUTE.
    Midorikawa likes this.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

So, was I the only one who knew that III was a boy when I first saw him? I can understand why people would think that he's a girl based on his design, but I took it more like an obvious sign that he was the nicest one out of the three brothers. Plus, if he was a girl, then he would have rarely dueled, if at all, and end up having a crush on Yuma like all of the other girls in this series have for some strange reason.

As for my favorite character, I would still say Shark. He does feel like one of the characters in this series, especially for one of Yuma's friends, that feels like an individual with his own goals and background that doesn't center on Yuma. Plus, he does have some pretty good growth, he's fairly likable and his duel with IV showed how awesome he could be. Astral is okay. I used to like him a lot more at the start of the series, but I think he became a bit too boring after being only able to interact with Yuma for so long. He's still generally okay for me though. As for Kaito, I used to like him a lot more too, but instead of being okay, I think I'm more indifferent to him. While he was really interesting from the start and I honestly had more of a reason to root for him than Yuma when he first appeared, I think that his attitude, aside from not respecting Yuma, and being so overpowered, wore off how much I initially liked him, especially with his duel against Shark and his tag duel with Yuma. I wouldn't say he's one of my least favorite characters, but right now, he's one of the few that I'm kind of indifferent towards, even though some of the writing around Kaito does annoy me quite a bit.
    Caseydia likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

crush on Yuma
    He so has a crush on Yuma. Have you seen how he stalks him? :P

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Not all the female characters in Zexal like Yuma, anyway. Well, I mean, I can only think of two that don't, but they can duel well from what I've seen... XD As much as I don't care for Droite, I think she makes a good character as far as being able to duel really well and for not liking Yuma. Also, from what I've seen of Rio, she doesn't seem like she'll end up liking Yuma and she can also duel.
    Midorikawa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Belarus
    He so has a crush on Yuma. Have you seen how he stalks him? :P
    I had a feeling someone would say that.

Quote Originally Posted by NfiNity View Post
    Not all the female characters in Zexal like Yuma, anyway. Well, I mean, I can only think of two that don't, but they can duel well from what I've seen... XD As much as I don't care for Droite, I think she makes a good character as far as being able to duel really well and for not liking Yuma. Also, from what I've seen of Rio, she doesn't seem like she'll end up liking Yuma and she can also duel.
    All of the main/supporting characters female that aren't adults or related to Yuma have a crush on him. Kotori, Cathy and Anna clearly have a crush on him. I don't know if we should even bother to include Kotori's friends since they barely count as even characters. Droite is confirmed to be nineteen, so her having a crush on a thirteen year old boy would just be creepy. She has a crush on Kaito, who is eighteen, instead. The ages were confirmed during one of the episodes where they were riding in those roller coasters and the screens displayed their ages. She started out as an okay character, at least with her tag duel with Gauche, but that disappeared the moment that crush came up. As far as being a good duelist, that also went out the window when she dueled Tron. Considering that she knew how dangerous he was to the point of not wanting Kaito to duel him, her strategy was really horrible. As for Rio, we don't know anything about her personality. We haven't even seen her face yet, despite the amount of fanart there is for her already, so I don't know if we can say that it doesn't look like she wouldn't have a crush on Yuma, especially when three characters already do. Being able to duel doesn't really count that much for me. It certainly hasn't helped either Cathy or Anna to become better characters and they rarely duel as it is anyway. Though, Rio already has a significant connection to the storyline more than either Cathy or Anna and she hasn't even appeared outside of flashbacks.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

It was meant as a joke. v.v;

Also, you don't really have to spoiler-tag things for me. My first episode was 49, and I already know about III's current state. ^^; Not that I really care about spoilers in the first place, but...

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    All of the main/supporting characters female that aren't adults or related to Yuma have a crush on him. Kotori, Cathy and Anna clearly have a crush on him. I don't know if we should even bother to include Kotori's friends since they barely count as even characters. Droite is confirmed to be nineteen, so her having a crush on a thirteen year old boy would just be creepy. She has a crush on Kaito, who is eighteen, instead. The ages were confirmed during one of the episodes where they were riding in those roller coasters and the screens displayed their ages. She started out as an okay character, at least with her tag duel with Gauche, but that disappeared the moment that crush came up. As far as being a good duelist, that also went out the window when she dueled Tron. Considering that she knew how dangerous he was to the point of not wanting Kaito to duel him, her strategy was really horrible. As for Rio, we don't know anything about her personality. We haven't even seen her face yet, despite the amount of fanart there is for her already, so I don't know if we can say that it doesn't look like she wouldn't have a crush on Yuma, especially when three characters already do. Being able to duel doesn't really count that much for me. It certainly hasn't helped either Cathy or Anna to become better characters and they rarely duel as it is anyway. Though, Rio already has a significant connection to the storyline more than either Cathy or Anna and she hasn't even appeared outside of flashbacks.
    I am well aware of the ages in the show and I also don't think that because Droite has a crush on Kaito that it destroys her character. I'll bet she still has more in store for her, like with when her and Gauche were kids and stuff like that. I don't think it's especially fair to base Droite's dueling skills against Tron. Tron has destroyed every character except for Yuma. Rio is likely to not have a lot with the plot after she recovers, and I seriously doubt theyll make Kotori have another rival in love. To me, as far as female characters go in Yu-Gi-Oh!, I like to see if they can actually duel, and as far as I can see, Rio can duel. Droite can duel pretty well, as it has been stated in the series. Cathy can duel. Anna can duel, and her deck is pretty great.

I mean, none of this actually matters, just stating that I think the female characters in Yu-Gi-Oh! can at times be kickass.

Quote Originally Posted by Belarus. View Post
    It was meant as a joke. v.v;

Also, you don't really have to spoiler-tag things for me. My first episode was 49, and I already know about III's current state. ^^; Not that I really care about spoilers in the first place, but...
    I know. I was trying to make another joke back. It almost never works, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway for the fun of it. I apologize if you thought I was upset with you or what you had said.

I know that you knew about it, but since there were other people here talking about just watching the first few episodes of the series, I thought I'd put that in spoiler tags anyway as some pretty huge stuff happens during that duel. Most of it doesn't really make a lot of sense, but I didn't want to risk people being spoiled by my sad attempt at a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by NfiNity
    I am well aware of the ages in the show and I also don't think that because Droite has a crush on Kaito that it destroys her character. I'll bet she still has more in store for her, like with when her and Gauche were kids and stuff like that. I don't think it's especially fair to base Droite's dueling skills against Tron. Tron has destroyed every character except for Yuma. Rio is likely to not have a lot with the plot after she recovers, and I seriously doubt theyll make Kotori have another rival in love. To me, as far as female characters go in Yu-Gi-Oh!, I like to see if they can actually duel, and as far as I can see, Rio can duel. Droite can duel pretty well, as it has been stated in the series. Cathy can duel. Anna can duel, and her deck is pretty great.
    Considering that she became yet another female character in love with a main character, I think that really did ruin her character. At the very least, it weakened it when she acted more calm, cool and collected, especially compared to Gauche, during most of her other appearances. I seriously doubt that she has more in store to offer, especially when it took a ridiculous amount of time to find out what happened to her after the duel with Tron and even then that didn't make much sense due to what Tron said to her during the duel. Droite actually had some decent skills in the tag duel match, but the reason I have problems with how she handled herself against Tron is because her strategy was terrible. She knew how dangerous he was and her strategy involved taking a huge chuck out of her life points each round. Unless she had a card to reduce or eliminate the effect her combination had on her life points, that was an incredibly bad decision to make when facing against a villain. She practically took herself out before Tron did anything. The fact that Tron has destroyed other characters except for Yuma isn't the issue. If she was able to showoff her skills with a much better strategy, then I think I wouldn't have a problem, or at least not as much as one, with that duel.

While I agree that the chances of Rio being more involved in the storyline after she recovers aren't that great, I don't see how unlikely it is for Kotori to have another rival in love. They've already done that twice, so it isn't entirely impossible for them to add a fourth love interest in Yuma's love harem. Rio can duel, but we don't know what kind of deck she has or how skillful she is. For all we know, she was still a rookie duelist at the time and just targeted because of Shark. Just being able to duel really does cut it for me, especially when most of the female characters in this series lack any interesting personalities or likability for me. Droite was the closet one before her crush to Kaito came up and I kind of liked Cathy at first, as she does have more personality, than Kotori, but she's become more annoying to me. All three of them can duel, but they've also never won a match on-screen. Cathy lost to Yuma without even Astral's help and Anna, despite having a different deck than most female characters get, had a horrible debut and her second appearance was nothing more than giving Yuma a hand so that he wouldn't lose.

Quote Originally Posted by NfiNity
    I mean, none of this actually matters, just stating that I think the female characters in Yu-Gi-Oh! can at times be kickass.
    I agree, but just being able to duel doesn't mean that they are and there's absolutely no female character in Zexal who I think would fit that term. The female characters in this series aren't that engaging or interesting. Even Droite, who I thought was at least okay for awhile, wasn't that great, had little personality and was pretty boring because of there was little time devoted to her character to make the audience more engaged and invested in her. Yu-Gi-Oh! does not have a good track record of awesome female characters. The only one that really stood out in that department was Aki from 5D's and that definitely didn't last the whole series. That arguably only lasted for the first two arcs. I guess Mai might fit that too, but she didn't even have an on-screen victory aside from a dull Battle City filler episode. I wouldn't mind if I could feel more invested in the female characters in this series, but they just aren't that engaging. Most of them are nothing but Yuma's cheerleaders whose entire world revolves around him and they haven't bothered to showcase anything about them that doesn't connect back to Yuma. With Droite, she was at least kind of independent and stood out until she became another female character hopelessly in love with a main character.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 4th August 2012 at 05:57 PM.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@Kelleo; I'm a huge Astral fan, as you can see by my signture

@Hidden Mew; Droite's strategy against Tron was actually a brilliant one, and she would have won if he didn't have that numbers card, and I fail to understand why her crush on Kaito ruins her. So she has a crush on a guy who saved her. As for the other females, I find them to be interesting as they all have different personalities.

Blog Entries

@Kelleo; I'm a huge Astral fan, as you can see by my signture
    @Hidden Mew; Droite's strategy against Tron was actually a brilliant one, and she would have won if he didn't have that numbers card, and I fail to understand why her crush on Kaito ruins her. So she has a crush on a guy who saved her. As for the other females, I find them to be interesting as they all have different personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by mwto View Post
    It seemed too risky of a strategy to use against an opponent she clearly knew was dangerous. If she had a card to counter the effect her other combinations had on her life points, then I probably would see it as a better strategy. Her crush on Kaito ruins her character for me because she becomes yet another female character with a crush on a main character, instead of being more independent character. As for saving her, that seemed to be a weak way, for me at least, to form the crush since it isn't from getting to know him, but just admire him from afar after he saves her. It doesn't help that the situation in which he saved her doesn't make sense as I have not heard a good explanation as to how dueling a giant robot that can injury people can make them elite duelists.

Kotori is seriously boring for me. She's just Yuma's main cheerleader and practically becomes his shadow during the WDC with rarely leaving his side until the semi-finals started. She as no personality outside of her given role and even that, I've seen other close friends/obvious love interest for the main character in other series that were handled better or had something interesting about them. Cathy has more personality, but was rarely focused on, I kept forgetting that she was even in this tournament and her inclusion in it was completely pointless. Anna quickly became an annoying and unlikable female character who can't even remember who she first had the crush on and stealing another person's spot in the finals just to be with Yuma was extremely low and creepy.

Blog Entries

@Hidden Mew; What if Droite liked Gauche instead. Would that have ruined her character. Also it's classic in animes to have a girl like a main guy. At least she isn't a single one of many who fangirls over him, like Kotori's friends with IV and Shark. The only thing that she could have changed was having LP giving cards, which I'll admit that she should have used solemn wishes since that would give her each time, but again if not for his numbers then Tron had no defense against her strategy. It was a good well thought out strategy, Tron of course is a character who just crushes all he duels.

Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast