Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Page 41
Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Quote Originally Posted by ZexMachine View Post
    I am eager to see how will they figure things out with Heartland and the three new Barians. The opening is also going to unshadow at least six characters in the next episodes.
    Plus, we will see the rest of Yuma's friends for the first time since Sargasso, I have a feeling that even though the Numbers Club is unimportant, that was too much time of them being shafted.
    I actually like that they were shafted that long. The Numbers Club is full of unimportant characters and they just would have taken up space had they been traveling with the others. As much as I dislike Kotori, I'd rather have her present than the whole Numbers Club. At least there are fewer useless character that annoy me and more time can be spent on characters that are actually important and move the plot along. The fact that their first appearance since Sargasso is being bait for Yuma shows how useless they are and how they don't really need to be included in the events of the story.

gone...
    Blog Entries
    Add Konstantinos on Facebook
    Follow Konstantinos on Tumblr Visit Konstantinos's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    The fact that their first appearance since Sargasso is being bait for Yuma shows how useless they are and how they don't really need to be included in the events of the story.
    That bait appearance didn't look good to me either, but this one doesn't make such a trouble to me. Reason: Think that there was only Kotori in the place of all of them. Yuma would still fight the same way and maybe even more if it was just for her.
    The War Room
    Random Messages

These two images are more than enough to describe all the fun I had in this forum all over the past year...
    BMGF, 2013-2014... I will never forget you.
    Just wait a little, I'll come back...

That bait appearance didn't look good to me either, but this one doesn't make such a trouble to me. Reason: Think that there was only Kotori in the place of all of them. Yuma would still fight the same way and maybe even more if it was just for her.
    I agree that Yuma would still fight the same way if it was just to save Kotori, but that also highlights how pointless the Numbers Club members are if Kotori can fill in their purpose and Yuma's actions being about the same. Tetsuo has had a bit of an impact on the plot, more so than the other three at least, but the rest of them are just plain unnecessary, so they could be written out of the show for all I care. That's not going to happen obviously, but after over a hundred episodes, I still couldn't care less about his group of school friends and they only serve to be Yuma's cheerleaders. It wouldn't be too bad if they had interesting personalities or a strong group dynamic, but in my opinion, they don't. Cathy had something going for her with being so shy at first, but now that disappeared, she's just part of Yuma's harem and just blends into the background with the other characters.

gone...
    Blog Entries

I agree that Yuma would still fight the same way if it was just to save Kotori, but that also highlights how pointless the Numbers Club members are if Kotori can fill in their purpose and Yuma's actions being about the same. Tetsuo has had a bit of an impact on the plot, more so than the other three at least, but the rest of them are just plain unnecessary, so they could be written out of the show for all I care. That's not going to happen obviously, but after over a hundred episodes, I still couldn't care less about his group of school friends and they only serve to be Yuma's cheerleaders. It wouldn't be too bad if they had interesting personalities or a strong group dynamic, but in my opinion, they don't. Cathy had something going for her with being so shy at first, but now that disappeared, she's just part of Yuma's harem and just blends into the background with the other characters.
    Flip is the most useless here, he didn't get any real development after his debut. Cathy had something, and Caswell got one episode at early ZEXAL II. I could see them only hanging around as school friends, no need to blend anywhere for anything. But if this all happens in the school (highly possible), I see no problem with them being around.
    The War Room
    Random Messages

These two images are more than enough to describe all the fun I had in this forum all over the past year...

Flip is the most useless here, he didn't get any real development after his debut. Cathy had something, and Caswell got one episode at early ZEXAL II. I could see them only hanging around as school friends, no need to blend anywhere for anything. But if this all happens in the school (highly possible), I see no problem with them being around.
    I don't think that Tokunosuke got any real development even in his debut since he still treated his so-called friends like dirt at times and didn't change his ways at all. The class rep kid did get one episode at the start of this season, but that was complete filler. He didn't get any development. His conflict was not being the class rep anymore, but since he became the class rep at the end of the episode again anyway, he didn't learn anything and he's still the same boring character as he was beforehand. Cathy had some development, but she still has no impact on the actual plot, so she's about as useless and unnecessary as Tokunosuke and the class rep kid are in my opinion. She's kind of like Hayato from GX in that sense, but Hayato was more likable for me and had better development. They could be looking around the school for clues about the Barians, but either way, I'm not too happy with them being included when they've been flat-out ignored during this arc. Even during that episode when Yuma and his friends got back home for awhile and he dueled that raccoon spirit, they weren't seen or mentioned at all. So, bringing them back just to be bait for Yuma is kind of annoying to me regardless of the location.

Yuma's Cheer Squad barely did anything in the new episode as expected. Dark Mist's connection with Don Thousand was obvious but I still liked that part of the episode where Dob Thousand explained those things to Vector. Heartland's new suit is also pretty cool.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

I'M TRAUMATIZED FOR LIFE :O ! Sorry ta be the one who never has a deeply thought out response, but that episode was scarring :b . The Vector eye stuff, the thrown, the naked Mr. Heartland, the lip-licking, and the giant bug! ZeXal you freaking cray-cray!!!! Not to mention Yuma being depressed was more heartbreaking than Madoka Magica ;____; . I'm gonna go roll around on the floor so maybe my brain will be shaken back ta normal now. This show's gonna be my end.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    I'M TRAUMATIZED FOR LIFE :O ! Sorry ta be the one who never has a deeply thought out response, but that episode was scarring :b . The Vector eye stuff, the thrown, the naked Mr. Heartland, the lip-licking, and the giant bug! ZeXal you freaking cray-cray!!!! Not to mention Yuma being depressed was more heartbreaking than Madoka Magica ;____; . I'm gonna go roll around on the floor so maybe my brain will be shaken back ta normal now. This show's gonna be my end.
    After recently watching Madoka Magica for a second time, I really don't see how Yuma being depressed is more heartbreaking than anything that happens in Madoka. It is sad and all and even though I don't really like Yuma, even I feel kind of bad for him, but it isn't anywhere near as depressing or heartbreaking as what happens to the characters in that series. I also didn't think that the episode was that scary, but perhaps I'm just used to seeing more intense stuff in other series.

Anyway, I thought that this week's episode was pretty good. Yuma being so depressed was sad, but nothing heartbreaking in my opinion. Not surprised that the Numbers Club were basically just bait to motivate Yuma into action. It makes sense due to how he wouldn't want to lose any other friends, but unlike with Yuma, I couldn't care less about any of them. I'd be perfectly fine if they were killed off because there's really nothing to them besides being Yuma's cheerleader squad, but that obviously isn't going to happen.

Vector looked like he was being consumed by Don Thousand, which did look fairly creepy, but still nothing to freak me out. From what I've heard, Number 96 is actually a part of Don Thousand that got mixed with Astral during their battle. That does explain a few things, like why Number 96 looked like Don Thousand when it was powered up. It does weaken the theory of Astral is evil if Number 96 isn't really a part of him, but the fact that he thinks he needs to destroy the Barian World could still make that work. Don Thousand also seems to want to get the human world in order for the Barian World to gain more power.

I really could have done without naked Mr. Heartland, but his hide out looked like a memorial for him. That really makes me wonder how long it's been since the WDC, or the first episode for that matter. It would have to be at least a few months since the general public thought that Mr. Heartland died at the end of the WDC for them to make a memorial for him, but a confirmation would be nice. III throwing a sword at Mr. Heartland when he first appeared was pretty awesome. The power of the crest seems to be mixed with the power of science, which is a bit weird, but also explains how he and his brothers could use the Numbers. Although, I'm still confused as to how Yuma has the Numbers when they're suppose to be a part of Astral and they only appear when he's around. III using the Numbers he used before would help to make him more helpful in fighting the villains and we'd get to see more non-Hope related Numbers than we would normally see. Cutting their life points in half from the start seemed a bit unnecessary though.

gone...
    Blog Entries

Anyway, I thought that this week's episode was pretty good. Yuma being so depressed was sad, but nothing heartbreaking in my opinion.
    In fact, I did not even care. We had all those Don Thousand/Number 96 revelations, the reapparance of III, Heartland and Semimaru that the actual depression of Yuma's was second fiddle.

Not surprised that the Numbers Club were basically just bait to motivate Yuma into action. It makes sense due to how he wouldn't want to lose any other friends, but unlike with Yuma, I couldn't care less about any of them. I'd be perfectly fine if they were killed off because there's really nothing to them besides being Yuma's cheerleader squad, but that obviously isn't going to happen.
    You answered it all yourself. We can't do anything but hope that we won't see them too much from now on, at least :))

Vector looked like he was being consumed by Don Thousand, which did look fairly creepy, but still nothing to freak me out.
    It still was far more freaky than naked Heartland and all.

From what I've heard, Number 96 is actually a part of Don Thousand that got mixed with Astral during their battle. That does explain a few things, like why Number 96 looked like Don Thousand when it was powered up. It does weaken the theory of Astral is evil if Number 96 isn't really a part of him, but the fact that he thinks he needs to destroy the Barian World could still make that work. Don Thousand also seems to want to get the human world in order for the Barian World to gain more power.
    The "Astral is evil" theory still has a little backup. Don Thousand holds some Numbers, with 2 of them being No 1 and No 3, given to Heartland and Semimaru respectively. Why should a Barian deity hold Astral Numbers? They can reach the point through there.

III throwing a sword at Mr. Heartland when he first appeared was pretty awesome. The power of the crest seems to be mixed with the power of science, which is a bit weird, but also explains how he and his brothers could use the Numbers.
    It is also convenient. Brothers lose on-screen, only Vetrix faints. Who cares about him, he's not even on screen... The sword scene was awesome, but Mr. Heartland is now Hearlandman, so expect to see more moments like that. I still liked how he reacted to his statue being broken, even though he is under Thousand power.

Although, I'm still confused as to how Yuma has the Numbers when they're suppose to be a part of Astral and they only appear when he's around.
    Astral left them behind. They may not be at the Emperor's Key at all times.

III using the Numbers he used before would help to make him more helpful in fighting the villains and we'd get to see more non-Hope related Numbers than we would normally see. Cutting their life points in half from the start seemed a bit unnecessary though.
    Unnecessary, maybe, but it arouses suspense.
    The War Room
    Random Messages

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

Oh, I also thought it was touching III was there to save Yuma, but also interesting and a little sad, seeing as he was responsible for Astral's death the first time around. Gaiz, it's seriously weird that #96's Astral and DT's child, by the way XD .
    After recently watching Madoka Magica for a second time, I really don't see how Yuma being depressed is more heartbreaking than anything that happens in Madoka. It is sad and all and even though I don't really like Yuma, even I feel kind of bad for him, but it isn't anywhere near as depressing or heartbreaking as what happens to the characters in that series. I also didn't think that the episode was that scary, but perhaps I'm just used to seeing more intense stuff in other series.
    How sad something is is totally opinion based. I do get that I do over-react a lot when it comes to this show, though ^^; . It was really sad for me since Yuma was the one who inspired me to be more confident and optimistic, and is my biggest hero, as well as someone I relate to. He gives me hope, so it's painful to see him struggling. Madoka Magica was also heartbreaking. It's definitely one of the saddest and best things I've ever seen. I was crying, and ReshiramDragonofTruth almost was. I also just get really freaked out by ZeXal, more than other series or horror movies I watch XD .

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

In fact, I did not even care. We had all those Don Thousand/Number 96 revelations, the reapparance of III, Heartland and Semimaru that the actual depression of Yuma's was second fiddle.
    There was a lot of other events going on here, so I can see why Yuma's depression wouldn't be as interesting. I did feel kind of bad for him, but I tend to feel bad for any character crying like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZexMachine
    It still was far more freaky than naked Heartland and all.
    True.

The "Astral is evil" theory still has a little backup. Don Thousand holds some Numbers, with 2 of them being No 1 and No 3, given to Heartland and Semimaru respectively. Why should a Barian deity hold Astral Numbers? They can reach the point through there.
    That's a good point and some of Don Thousand could have influenced Astral's personality beyond just Number 96.

It is also convenient. Brothers lose on-screen, only Vetrix faints. Who cares about him, he's not even on screen... The sword scene was awesome, but Mr. Heartland is now Hearlandman, so expect to see more moments like that. I still liked how he reacted to his statue being broken, even though he is under Thousand power.
    No, the brothers fainted after their defeats. Tron's powers disappeared after he lost to Yuma, but I guess that he could have had some still due to how they all had that random teleport away at the end of the first season.

Astral left them behind. They may not be at the Emperor's Key at all times.
    I understand that he did that, but I still don't know how he could do that when they are a part of him and we have seen before how the Number cards don't appear unless Astral is outside of the Emperor's Key. Though, maybe they ignored that for the plot to work.

Unnecessary, maybe, but it arouses suspense.
    There are other less forced/cheap ways of arousing suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand
    How sad something is is totally opinion based. I do get that I do over-react a lot when it comes to this show, though ^^; . It was really sad for me since Yuma was the one who inspired me to be more confident and optimistic, and is my biggest hero, as well as someone I relate to. He gives me hope, so it's painful to see him struggling. Madoka Magica was also heartbreaking. It's definitely one of the saddest and best things I've ever seen. I was crying, and ReshiramDragonofTruth almost was. I also just get really freaked out by ZeXal, more than other series or horror movies I watch XD .
    It's true that how sad something is is opinion based, but given the fates of every character in Madoka Magica and what they went through, I just cannot see how Yuma being depressed is anywhere near as heartbreaking as what happened to them. Yuma being broken is sad and all, but he'll eventually get Astral back. There weren't any truly happy outcomes like that in Madoka Magica. Granted, I don't see Yuma as relateable, but different strokes for different folks and all. I'm also not really that invested in Zexal, so that probably helps.

Also, I have a feeling that Number 1 is going to either be Astral or look very similar to him. The fact that they didn't show it when Mr. Heartland got it gave me that impression, but it could be more likely that they just want to save what it looks like whenever it is summoned.

gone...
    Blog Entries

No, the brothers fainted after their defeats. Tron's powers disappeared after he lost to Yuma, but I guess that he could have had some still due to how they all had that random teleport away at the end of the first season.
    I did not remember the crest break, anyway. He definitely has them as of now, and he may have had them when he appeared and everyone thought that he will get his revenge on Faker.

There are other less forced/cheap ways of arousing suspense.
    The show is for kids and marketing. Since a cheap way gets to the point, they use it without caring about the rest of the audience.

Also, I have a feeling that Number 1 is going to either be Astral or look very similar to him. The fact that they didn't show it when Mr. Heartland got it gave me that impression, but it could be more likely that they just want to save what it looks like whenever it is summoned.
    Maybe... I would like to see Numbers 2, 4, 5, 99 and 100 at some point. 100 may be Don Thousand's very ace monster.
    The War Room
    Random Messages

I did not remember the crest break, anyway. He definitely has them as of now, and he may have had them when he appeared and everyone thought that he will get his revenge on Faker.
    He might have, even though Tron appearing like that could have been some affect from being absorbed by the Sphere Field.

The show is for kids and marketing. Since a cheap way gets to the point, they use it without caring about the rest of the audience.
    I'm aware that this show is aimed at kids and it meant to market the newest cards. I don't think that provides an excuse for everything cheap move they make, or every decision for that matter. They don't care about the older audience for sure, but they could still induce suspense without making it cheap. Having the duel start out with the villain having 8,000 life points while Yuma and III have 4,000 each like how most two on one matches have started and then unleashing his power to just hurt them, as well as to reveal his true form, would have been a fine way to end the episode on a suspenseful note. Having it that his Barian powers absorb half of their life points to add into his own just seemed so unnecessary and forced. I wouldn't be surprised if it was also thrown in just so the duel in the next episode could be more rushed.

Maybe... I would like to see Numbers 2, 4, 5, 99 and 100 at some point. 100 may be Don Thousand's very ace monster.
    I imagine that those Numbers will appear at some point. I could easily see Number 100 being used by Don Thousand.

gone...
    Blog Entries

@Hidden Mew;

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew
    Having it that his Barian powers absorb half of their life points to add into his own just seemed so unnecessary and forced. I wouldn't be surprised if it was also thrown in just so the duel in the next episode could be more rushed.
    It would be rushed if the villain (who's the one who's got to lose xD) had less and the protagonists more. Now, it seems more like the opposite. I wonder if this will happen in the next two Duels with Shark and Kite.

I imagine that those Numbers will appear at some point. I could easily see Number 100 being used by Don Thousand.
    From now on, I do so too. Yesterday morning, I was almost sure they wouldn't :)) But Number 1 and 3 changed things.

Speculation: What if Astral appears in a card as Number 0, or becomes a villain using Number 0?
    The War Room
    Random Messages

It would be rushed if the villain (who's the one who's got to lose xD) had less and the protagonists more. Now, it seems more like the opposite. I wonder if this will happen in the next two Duels with Shark and Kite.
    Since Yuma and III have the lesser amount of life points, that would make them rush more into reducing the villains' life points than they might have done so if they started off with the full amount of life points. The whole duel is going to last one episode anyway, so there is less time for them to work with, which led me to think that by cutting Yuma and III's life points in half, they're trying to rush through the duel. I really hope that this doesn't happen with Shark and Kaito's duels. It would be so repetitive and really lose its impact. Plus, it still seems cheap that their own Barian powers would drain their life points. It would still be pretty cheap if it was a card effect, but at least that would tie with the game and possibly come at some price for the villain.

From now on, I do so too. Yesterday morning, I was almost sure they wouldn't :)) But Number 1 and 3 changed things.

Speculation: What if Astral appears in a card as Number 0, or becomes a villain using Number 0?
    Number 0 could be Astral too. It depends if the Numbers start at 0 or at 1.

Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast