Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    ...About episode 111...

Go Way Go Way... I was all like, "Lawd, now fo' a nice, happy ending theme ta distract me from that ending," and then the writers were all, "Psych!" Then I was just all, "Wait- what's going on?! Wha-... is this a freaking montage?! Oh...."
    I found it really nice that they decided to do a tribute to what Yuma and Astral had done together, it gave the feeling that something did just end and something else is starting anew.

I make her watch every disturbing episode with me, just generally annoy her about it, and once I made her read an extremely disturbing piece of fan-fiction.
    Oh, well, I know how she feels :)) At least, Astral got his darkened form once again today, giving us another "Skittles" moment.

EDIT: With this post, Page 39: Utopia is past. ALL HAIL FOR GIMMICK PUPET OF STRINGS!
    Last edited by Zexy; 8th July 2013 at 10:16 AM.
    Niji likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by ZexMachine View Post
    I found it really nice that they decided to do a tribute to what Yuma and Astral had done together, it gave the feeling that something did just end and something else is starting anew.
    Yeah, it was nice :') . Is it just that I don't re-watch ZeXal episodes as much as I should, or were there some clips not from past episodes? If they change the next opening I'll sob. I'm really wondering where the story's gonna go from here. I hope the Astral World gets attention like the Barian World's been getting. I've been dying to know more about it since the 1st arc.

*Sniffle.* Random, but whenever I try to distract myself from ZeXal by listening to music, I always seems to find parts of songs that remind me of it. I was just listening to Head Like A Hole by Nine Inch Nails, and the chorus is:
    Head like a hole
    Black as your soul
    I'D RATHER DIE
    THAN GIVE YOU CONTROL

Oh, well, I know how she feels :)) At least, Astral got his darkened form once again today, giving us another "Skittles" moment.

EDIT: With this post, Page 39: Utopia is past. ALL HAIL FOR GIMMICK PUPET OF STRINGS!
    Yesh, mah Skittles meme XD !

Dang, I was so happy when I was 39 pages ;-; . Well, I was planning on attempting a chibi Gimmick Puppet of some sorts.

EDIT: Random ZeXal pet-peeve of sorts: #96 and ZeXal II's eyes now look the same O~O .
    Last edited by Niji; 8th July 2013 at 02:15 PM.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I thought that this week's episode was pretty good. The duel itself felt kind of lackluster, but it did pick up a little bit near the end, despite how it basically came down to Yuma using his deus ex machina Zexal powers. Astral sacrificing himself to save Yuma was sweet and the whole ending scene was rather sad. Not sad enough to put me to tears, but it was rather depressing all the same. Astral dying here was more effective than it was when he first died at least. Their friendship is much more believable to me now than it was back then, Yuma had to see Astral dying right in front of him, as opposed to learning about it after the fact, and there's more emotional consequences for the characters to deal with. It's going to take more than one episode for them to fix it and that brings a bit more emotional weight to it, which also makes it have more of an impact on the audience.

The montage during the ending credits was a big surprise. That really hits the point home in how things have changed and that Astral is gone. It also makes me wonder if that ending montage means that Astral can never come back. Even though they plan to get him back by going to the Astral World, based on the preview information at least, what if something happens to Astral that makes him completely different or forget all about Yuma. I think he told Yuma to take care of the Numbers, so that could affect his memories somehow. Although, I don't know how Yuma could have the Numbers when they're a part of Astral and they're stored in the Emperor's Key, which he also lost anyway, so I don't know how that can work. Still, it would add a bit more sadness if Astral would never be the same one Yuma remembers or that it takes longer to restore him even if they get them back. Or I'm just looking too much into the ending montage and it was just a means to twist the knife in the emotional wounds of the audience. You make the call. ^_~

I really hope that Number 96 is out for good though. I can't see them topping this attempt at getting Astral's body when he attempted to destroy all three worlds with his god-like Barian powers and took out Astral. Vector also seemed fine with just watching from the sidelines and Don Thousand didn't try to make him jump in. That makes me wonder if Don Thousand wanted to let Number 96 go out of control like that just so that he could maybe deal with Astral so that there would be one less challenge in front of him.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Hidden Mew;4809133] Even though they plan to get him back by going to the Astral World, based on the preview information at least, what if something happens to Astral that makes him completely different or forget all about Yuma.[quote]

This would be really nice. For once, we know that Astral's goal is to destroy the Barian World, so he may get the evil role sooner or later.

I don't know how Yuma could have the Numbers when they're a part of Astral and they're stored in the Emperor's Key, which he also lost anyway, so I don't know how that can work.
    I think that the Emperor's Key should have stayed. It essentialy means that Numbers should take over Yuma, and he also loses the airship. Again, I am almost sure that neither will happen (tho I can see them going off with the Airship)

I'm just looking too much into the ending montage and it was just a means to twist the knife in the emotional wounds of the audience. You make the call. ^_~
    You may look a bit too much, but your theory has a good point. I don't think that said montage does add a lot to it, though. This is my call :))

I really hope that Number 96 is out for good though. I can't see them topping this attempt at getting Astral's body when he attempted to destroy all three worlds with his god-like Barian powers and took out Astral. Vector also seemed fine with just watching from the sidelines and Don Thousand didn't try to make him jump in. That makes me wonder if Don Thousand wanted to let Number 96 go out of control like that just so that he could maybe deal with Astral so that there would be one less challenge in front of him.
    But, isn't Don Thousand supposed to fight Astral himself eventually? Makes no sense. However, I can see this as being an attempt to reverse Astral to what it was pre-Yuma, so that even Yuma will side against him.

This would be really nice. For once, we know that Astral's goal is to destroy the Barian World, so he may get the evil role sooner or later.
    That's true and there have been enough hints at Astral being evil beforehand too, so the twist would make sense. I still think it would be interesting if destroying the Barian World really isn't Astral's goal and then just thought it was due to his negative feelings towards the Barians affecting his judgment. They probably wouldn't go that route, but that would be an interesting twist.

Quote Originally Posted by ZexMachine
    I think that the Emperor's Key should have stayed. It essentialy means that Numbers should take over Yuma, and he also loses the airship. Again, I am almost sure that neither will happen (tho I can see them going off with the Airship)
    I thought that the airship was still outside of the Emperor's Key. Since Astral said that he leaves the Numbers to Yuma, they probably won't take over Yuma, even though I'm still not sure how he can leave the Numbers to Yuma when they're a part of him. Maybe they'll use that as a sign that Astral is still alive so that they can go to the Astral World to get him back. I think that they just got rid of the Emperor's Key just to add to the sad tone of that scene, as well as show how their connection is broken. It might also connect to how Yuma's father got the Emperor's Key since a being that looked like Astral handed it to him if I recall correctly.

You may look a bit too much, but your theory has a good point. I don't think that said montage does add a lot to it, though. This is my call :))
    I probably am since I tend to do that, but it would be interesting if they did add that montage besides just to add to the tragedy of the situation.

But, isn't Don Thousand supposed to fight Astral himself eventually? Makes no sense. However, I can see this as being an attempt to reverse Astral to what it was pre-Yuma, so that even Yuma will side against him.
    They fought a long time, but I don't know if they're suppose to fight again. Though, I could see how he'd want to reverse Astral's personality and behavior so that he isn't able to form Zexal with Yuma and be less of a threat at least.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    They fought a long time, but I don't know if they're suppose to fight again. Though, I could see how he'd want to reverse Astral's personality and behavior so that he isn't able to form Zexal with Yuma and be less of a threat at least.
    Because for some reason, Don Thousand wants Astral to use ZEXAL with him :))
    They did it once acc. to the flashback.

I remember the flashback, but I don't recall Don Thousand saying that he wants Astral to use the power of Zexal with him. Maybe I just missed that detail at some point.

Blog Entries

I remember the flashback, but I don't recall Don Thousand saying that he wants Astral to use the power of Zexal with him. Maybe I just missed that detail at some point.
    It was just implied by the way the two did collide in the end. There was no real mention of that.

It was just implied by the way the two did collide in the end. There was no real mention of that.
    Oh, okay. I didn't really get that implication though. I thought it looked more like how they fought and it just happened to look like Zexal. If they are using the power of Zexal, maybe that could mean how it is more destructive when it is used on an enemy as opposed to a friend like with Yuma and Astral.

Blog Entries

Oh, okay. I didn't really get that implication though. I thought it looked more like how they fought and it just happened to look like Zexal. If they are using the power of Zexal, maybe that could mean how it is more destructive when it is used on an enemy as opposed to a friend like with Yuma and Astral.
    We can't be sure if that was ZEXAL or not. Still, I have a feeling that ZEXAL can only be used between beings from different worlds. We've seen Earthen-Astral, and maybe Barian-Astral. Now, what about Earthen-Barian.

That would be an interesting concept.

I'm still hoping that Yuma doesn't whine too much after the 2 parter with Trey, Depressed Yuma has gotten old at this point.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

The episode was good. I liked the animation, especially the backgrounds. The duel flowed well, and the Shining Draws were epic even though they were a deus ex machina. With Astral gone now, Zexal II is pretty much dead. It served its purpose in the plot with its powers. The montage was sad, like, I didn't cry or anything but it made me feel sad knowing how important Astral was to the story and Yuma. I also liked how obsessed Number 96 was to get rid of Astral, and seeing a villain succeed in actually killing someone hasn't been done in Zexal yet, at least permanently, but I can see Astral being revived some way in the Astral world. I'm really looking forward to the next episodes with the Arclight brothers and development for Yuma. There's a lot of potential for great things, so hopefully that doesn't go to waste.

Blog Entries

I am eager to see how will they figure things out with Heartland and the three new Barians. The opening is also going to unshadow at least six characters in the next episodes.
    Plus, we will see the rest of Yuma's friends for the first time since Sargasso, I have a feeling that even though the Numbers Club is unimportant, that was too much time of them being shafted.

Last thing I want to see is how will Yuma give III his Numbers back.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Last thing I want to see is how will Yuma give III his Numbers back.
    Simple. Yuma takes out his Extra Deck, finds III's Numbers, and hands them over.

I think that after they win the duel Yuma will give the Numbers of Quattro and Quinton to Trey so he can pass those Numbers on to them so they can have a little crew of competent duelists between the power trio and the Archlights.

Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast