Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Page 38

Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 954
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

  1. #556
    I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In fields of grey
    Posts
    10,565
    Blog Entries
    18

    Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    I think Kotori telling Durbe was actually a smart move because lets face it: Yuma is an idiot and would probably never figure anything out. Durbe is the kind that would help plus since Shark is most likely Nasch its a major plot point for Durbe's development.

    It will be interesting to see of the twins have to work for their Barian memories or if they just come back. And when they do figure out that they are Barians, do they go back to that side or fight against the other Barians?

    As for the reaction, I'm not sure if Shark really understands that he's Barian yet and no one else knows yet.

    Hopefully they keep Vector's character as the evil antagonist and don't change him to be good one bit. After what he did to Yuma its hard to see him as good in anyway whatsoever so suddenly making him good would be annoying like what they did with Faker. For once I just want an evil antagonist with no good whatsoever.

  2. #557
    Cop. Cop! yay Cop... qq Zexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,054
    Blog Entries
    150

    Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpy View Post
    I think Kotori telling Durbe was actually a smart move because lets face it: Yuma is an idiot and would probably never figure anything out. Durbe is the kind that would help plus since Shark is most likely Nasch its a major plot point for Durbe's development.
    So what? It's a bit silly to tell your enemy where your allies are located, especially when his objective is to duel your best friend (if not boyfriend).


    It will be interesting to see of the twins have to work for their Barian memories or if they just come back. And when they do figure out that they are Barians, do they go back to that side or fight against the other Barians?
    I think that Durbe will play a large part here. He will try to make Shark remember the moments they had when he was Nasch etc etc

    As for the reaction, I'm not sure if Shark really understands that he's Barian yet and no one else knows yet.
    I don't think he does, but I find it weird he doesn't. Come on, Ryoga, these ruins have Barian legends, and you know it. You are the protagonist in one of them, and your sister does as well. Can't you figure it out that you are a Barian, lol!

    Hopefully they keep Vector's character as the evil antagonist and don't change him to be good one bit. After what he did to Yuma its hard to see him as good in anyway whatsoever so suddenly making him good would be annoying like what they did with Faker. For once I just want an evil antagonist with no good whatsoever.
    Please, yes! I mean, even though Faker had a change of heart, did we see him after that? No. It doesn't even matter at this point.

    I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

  3. #558
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,221

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpy View Post
    I think Kotori telling Durbe was actually a smart move because lets face it: Yuma is an idiot and would probably never figure anything out. Durbe is the kind that would help plus since Shark is most likely Nasch its a major plot point for Durbe's development.
    While Durbe probably would have figured it out anyway, it still doesn't make Kotori look any better when she basically gave away where her friends were to the enemy. I agree that Durbe needs to be there, especially when the preview information says that he and Astral sees the visions that Shark is experiencing during the duel, and it could factor into his development, but I don't think that they needed to make Kotori foolishly tell Durbe where the others were.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpy
    It will be interesting to see of the twins have to work for their Barian memories or if they just come back. And when they do figure out that they are Barians, do they go back to that side or fight against the other Barians?

    As for the reaction, I'm not sure if Shark really understands that he's Barian yet and no one else knows yet.
    I can't really see either one of the joining the Barians willingly. Shark would probably be too mentally shocked to fight for or against them after learning the truth and Rio wouldn't be interested in changing sides either. I could see at least Rio being forced to join the Barians given some of the images in the opening, which would lead to Shark either fighting back more or being forced to join as well. I really hope that they provide an explanation for Shark and Rio's childhood since we've actually seen them as small children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpy
    Hopefully they keep Vector's character as the evil antagonist and don't change him to be good one bit. After what he did to Yuma its hard to see him as good in anyway whatsoever so suddenly making him good would be annoying like what they did with Faker. For once I just want an evil antagonist with no good whatsoever.
    I hope that they keep him as the evil antagonist too. Not only would it be sudden and forced after all he has done to Yuma, as well as what he possibly did in his past live, but it would also get rid of what makes him an entertaining character to me. Though, the other series have had at least one completely evil villain. DM had Dark Marik and Dark Bakura. GX had Darkness and 5D's had Divine. Zexal will most likely have Vector and Don Thousand as the completely evil villains. Dr. Faker becoming good really felt incredibly forced, as well as contradicting what they had already established about him before. It also felt pretty pointless when he hasn't shown up at all during season two and Kaito could just be living on his own with Haruto like he wanted.

  4. #559
    Cop. Cop! yay Cop... qq Zexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,054
    Blog Entries
    150

    Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Dr. Faker becoming good really felt incredibly forced, as well as contradicting what they had already established about him before. It also felt pretty pointless when he hasn't shown up at all during season two and Kaito could just be living on his own with Haruto like he wanted.
    Unfortunately, they just didn't need him anymore. They don't need Haruto either, though we saw him in 2 scenes because he was too important to get 100% shafted.
    This was also my reaction when I found out that III, IV and V return. The way they left was OK, but now it looks like humans can leave the Barian World whenever they wish, plus they had to go there only because they would be a bother for Arc 4 to have included.

    I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

  5. #560
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,221

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by ZexMachine View Post
    Unfortunately, they just didn't need him anymore. They don't need Haruto either, though we saw him in 2 scenes because he was too important to get 100% shafted.
    I don't really mind that Dr. Faker doesn't appear anymore. He's easily the worst villain in the franchise in my opinion and compared to the other villains in Zexal, he's incredibly generic and boring. Plus, their attempt at redeeming him just felt so forced. I couldn't care less if he ever appears again to be honest. Haruto is pretty much Kaito's character, or at least a good portion of it, so they couldn't get rid of him completely. He's just done being a plot device for the moment. Can't say that I care if they do anything with Haruto either since they didn't bother to give him much of a personality when he was important to the storyline.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZexMachine
    This was also my reaction when I found out that III, IV and V return. The way they left was OK, but now it looks like humans can leave the Barian World whenever they wish, plus they had to go there only because they would be a bother for Arc 4 to have included.
    I'm more in favor of the Arclight siblings coming back than I would be for Dr. Faker or Haruto getting some attention. Aside from Chris, they had some good personalities and were interesting characters. Although, I think that the III being redeemed was the only one that really worked out of the three brothers. IV's change was much too sudden given how much he enjoyed causing physical and emotional pain to others and there wasn't much focus on Chris, as well as his relationship with Kaito, to make it work either. Still, I could see their appearances actually being helpful to the other characters. III would help Yuma after losing Astral somehow again, IV could possibly have a tag duel with Shark to help him with his issues, as well as possibly being more willing to let go of his justified anger against IV, and Chris could have a tag duel with Kaito for some reason that could restore their relationship a bit more. Plus, they could help Yuma and his friends fight the Barians and eventually Don Thousand possibly.

    I'm not sure what you mean about how humans can leave the Barian World whenever they want to. I think Tron was able to leave only due to the deal he made with the Barians and I don't think that they left to go there at the end of the first season. They probably just went back to someplace to live together and restore their family relationship. As for why they weren't included in the Barian arc, it probably had more do to with how they needed to established the new conflict and introduce new characters more than they would be a bother to include. The fact that there cards weren't in any recent booster packs also probably played a significant factor in that decision as well.

  6. #561
    Cop. Cop! yay Cop... qq Zexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,054
    Blog Entries
    150

    Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Haruto is pretty much Kaito's character, or at least a good portion of it
    No more. Now, the only thing we get from Kite is Misael.

    Aside from Chris, they had some good personalities and were interesting characters. Although, I think that the III being redeemed was the only one that really worked out of the three brothers. there wasn't much focus on Chris, as well as his relationship with Kaito, to make it work either.
    IV's change was definitely unfitting. I lose in a Duel, Change of Heart! But III AND V were good changes. V had lots of character development. He has much more past than the other two, with Vetrix/Faker/Kaito and the rest. He is the older one, the wiser one. He organized Haruto's abduction. He was the one to tell Yuma the truth about his father, and later on the whole story of the three fathers. He used a cool monster and deserved to be friend/mentor to Kaito. Just my opinion, but I don't think he is as shafted as the other two.

    Of course, III got a season finale all for him, he gotta have more development (even though we've seen him less than the others)

    I'm not sure what you mean about how humans can leave the Barian World whenever they want to. I think Tron was able to leave only due to the deal he made with the Barians and I don't think that they left to go there at the end of the first season. They probably just went back to someplace to live together and restore their family relationship.
    I thought that they can't use Earth -> Earth portals.

    As for why they weren't included in the Barian arc, it probably had more do to with how they needed to established the new conflict and introduce new characters more than they would be a bother to include. The fact that there cards weren't in any recent booster packs also probably played a significant factor in that decision as well.
    That's exactly what I meant. Just because they needed to introduce new characters, that's why they couldn't have them around as well, since they would have to do something when there was nothing for them to do. We can't agree more here.

    The cards thing... I thought that the anime is the one guiding the card creators when to publish them, not vice-versa. I may just be wrong, but marketing is marketing.

    I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

  7. #562
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,221

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by ZexMachine View Post
    No more. Now, the only thing we get from Kite is Misael.
    I don't know if Misael has taken Haruto's place in regard to being the only thing about Kaito's character, especially when he really doesn't seem all that invested into fighting Misael compared to when he was fighting for Haruto. It just comes off more like the writers really don't have much of an idea of what to do with Kaito.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZexMachine
    IV's change was definitely unfitting. I lose in a Duel, Change of Heart! But III AND V were good changes. V had lots of character development. He has much more past than the other two, with Vetrix/Faker/Kaito and the rest. He is the older one, the wiser one. He organized Haruto's abduction. He was the one to tell Yuma the truth about his father, and later on the whole story of the three fathers. He used a cool monster and deserved to be friend/mentor to Kaito. Just my opinion, but I don't think he is as shafted as the other two.

    Of course, III got a season finale all for him, he gotta have more development (even though we've seen him less than the others)
    I don't see how Chris got a lot of character development. He barely got much focus prior to his duel with Kaito. I thought that III and IV got a lot more attention than they did since they had more personality. He was the typical stoic, calmer older figure of the group, but that really didn't make him more memorable than his brothers. Organizing Haruto's abduction doesn't really seem that impressive, especially when he only needed his crest powers to take him away. We didn't even learn about Chris being Kaito's friend/mentor until their duel, which was far too late to make their connection meaningful. If they had built up on it earlier and spent more time on it, then his change could have been decent development, but it just felt rather lackluster and emotionless compared to III's changed. The only advantage he had with being involved with Dr. Faker and Kaito was that we knew what happened to him after his father disappeared. Also, Chris had no reason to tell Yuma that his father was in Astral World, especially when he never thought that his father was dead in the first place, or what happened with all of their fathers for that matter. I never cared for his deck and even if I did, that wouldn't really change how he was such a boring character.

    Compared to III and IV, Chris felt more like he got the shaft to me. Despite losing every duel he was in, III had a likable personality with a clear gentle demeanor. The reason why his change actually worked was because we could see signs that he didn't like what his family was doing throughout the start of the WDC arc, so it didn't come out of nowhere. While I still think his reason for dueling Yuma had a lot of holes in it, such as how Yuma didn't really interfere in their plans besides with their Haruto kidnapping scheme, which still worked out fine for them, his determination to get his family back by getting their revenge was believable. IV had a good presence because of how he enjoyed physically and emotionally torturing others with his fanservice. He served as a good means of getting Shark involved in the plot, although I wish that Shark had gotten more focus during the arc. His change was quite sudden. Even before he lost the duel, they were playing him up as a victim, which could have worked if they had also show some subtle signs that what he was doing was eating him up instead, as opposed to enjoying every minute of it. Still, they both have more memorable moments and better personalities than Chris did.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZexMachine
    I thought that they can't use Earth -> Earth portals.
    If they can't, then why did their portals when they lost their duels lead them back to their hideout? I'm pretty sure that they've been able to travel to Earth through their portals. They've never said that they had to use those portals to go to the Barian World and then to somewhere on Earth.

    [QUOTE=ZexMachineThat's exactly what I meant. Just because they needed to introduce new characters, that's why they couldn't have them around as well, since they would have to do something when there was nothing for them to do. We can't agree more here.[/QUOTE]

    They needed time to spend together and restore their family connection since Tron was basically back to being Bryon, aside from appearances. I wouldn't have been against them sticking around for the arc, but they needed to work on introducing new characters, the conflict and it was better for the Arclight family to be on their own for awhile.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZexMachine
    The cards thing... I thought that the anime is the one guiding the card creators when to publish them, not vice-versa. I may just be wrong, but marketing is marketing.
    Nope. I'm pretty sure that it's the other way around and that has been the case since GX.

  8. #563
    Cop. Cop! yay Cop... qq Zexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,054
    Blog Entries
    150

    Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    It just comes off more like the writers really don't have much of an idea of what to do with Kaito.
    Well, that's the sad part...

    On the Chris topic, I can see your point. III got a season finale all for him, IV was the only development Shark had through the WDC while poor V had ties with Kaito, who had other kinds of development, like Haruto, Neo-Galaxy etc. He is a cool character, but not overshowcased. That may have been good, because I found IV boring after a while.

    I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

  9. #564
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,221

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by ZexMachine View Post
    Well, that's the sad part...
    That's true. While I don't really like Kaito, he really could have been so much more than a bland/boring version of Kaiba if they had put more effort into his character. Though, to be fair, I don't think that they put nearly enough focus on the characters that aren't Yuma and Astral.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZexMachine
    On the Chris topic, I can see your point. III got a season finale all for him, IV was the only development Shark had through the WDC while poor V had ties with Kaito, who had other kinds of development, like Haruto, Neo-Galaxy etc. He is a cool character, but not overshowcased. That may have been good, because I found IV boring after a while.
    I don't see how Chris' ties to Kaito really make him stand out more than his brothers, especially when that wasn't revealed until his duel with Kaito, and Kaito's upgrades like with Neo Galaxy Eyes Dragon doesn't make Chris any better. He really didn't stand out personality wise compared to his brothers and he didn't get much development until his duel with Kaito, which didn't really work well because the change was still pretty jarring. Going from being willing to follow his father's orders to saying that Kaito and Haruto are his true brothers just didn't really work. It could have if, like with IV, we saw that Chris didn't like being with his brothers or hated putting Haruto in danger, which he didn't even react to like III and IV did if I recall correctly, but it just came too quickly for it to work. I liked IV up until his duel with Shark where they played him up like the victim a bit too much. Chris might not have been overshowcased, but being focus on so rarely didn't help him out in my opinion since he's easily the least interesting Arclight family member,

  10. #565
    Cop. Cop! yay Cop... qq Zexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,054
    Blog Entries
    150

    Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZexMachine View Post
    Well, that's the sad part...
    That's true. While I don't really like Kaito, he really could have been so much more than a bland/boring version of Kaiba if they had put more effort into his character. Though, to be fair, I don't think that they put nearly enough focus on the characters that aren't Yuma and Astral.
    Nah, I think that Shark got a little something, definitely more than Kaito.

    I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

  11. #566
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,221

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by ZexMachine View Post
    Nah, I think that Shark got a little something, definitely more than Kaito.
    I definitely agree that Shark has more focus than Kaito does, especially when he actually has something to deal with in this arc, and Shark actually has pretty decent development that sticks, but he still could use some more attention. It wouldn't hurt to cut down on Yuma's screentime a bit more at least.

  12. #567
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,100
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    These last few episodes have been verging from being okay to good. I liked the animation and scenery of all the episodes with the culture shown. It's better than staying in the city for almost and entire season like in the fourth season. I'm pretty sure around half of the episodes were even in the school. Alit's duel is the one I like the most from all the duels so far, with Gilag's being my least favorite. I liked that Yuma didn't need an Xyz monster to win, and I really liked the monster too, but at the same time it makes Gilag's card even more pathetic. The episode was weird, and I found how Gilag actually got the Numbers Card unexpected. Gilag's character was treated like a joke throughout the fourth season, so I was really surprised that he actually succeeded for once when I thought he'd be used as fodder for Yuma to get his legendary Numbers Card.

    Regarding Kaito, I always thought of him as being a tertiary character that mostly deals with tertiary characters and problems throughout these past 2 seasons, with Shark being a secondary character and Yuma and Astral being primary characters like always. It doesn't bother me that much because that's his role and I can understand why, but for somebody that is treated as being an incredibly powerful duelist you'd think he'd have more of a role and at least stay with the cast :/. I don't find him to be bland, but he could be more helpful to the plot in his role, and with other characters returning I find that unlikely unless he's connected with them. I could see him do something with Chris, though.

    I hope I'm not the only one that found Durbe breaking a hole on the temple's ceiling to get inside instead of just going through the entrance entirely stupid. Then again, I don't think he knew that inside the temple there wasn't any water due to the magic surrounding it.

    Here are some new scans for upcoming duels:

    Last edited by HumanDawn; 22nd June 2013 at 05:50 AM.

  13. #568
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,221

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    These last few episodes have been verging from being okay to good. I liked the animation and scenery of all the episodes with the culture shown. It's better than staying in the city for almost and entire season like in the fourth season. I'm pretty sure around half of the episodes were even in the school. Alit's duel is the one I like the most from all the duels so far, with Gilag's being my least favorite. I liked that Yuma didn't need an Xyz monster to win, and I really liked the monster too, but at the same time it makes Gilag's card even more pathetic. The episode was weird, and I found how Gilag actually got the Numbers Card unexpected. Gilag's character was treated like a joke throughout the fourth season, so I was really surprised that he actually succeeded for once when I thought he'd be used as fodder for Yuma to get his legendary Numbers Card.
    Going to different places is certainly better than staying in Heartland like they did for the first season and the last arc. It at least provides some interesting setting. Heartland City always came off as just too plain, even with all of the bright colors around it. Alit's duel has been my favorite so far as well. The match was actually kind of fun to watch, Lion Heart worked so well with Alit's personality and they actually gave Gilag a bit more depth than he originally had to make me like him more. The Gilag match was my least favorite as well. Gilag is so boring and such a joke that I couldn't really care about his legend and the duel was pretty weak, even though it did manage to throw in a few twists with Yuma not using an Xyz monster. Also, I'm pretty sure that Astral still got the Legendary Number card from that duel. We see Astral grab the card before the sudden twist at the end with Gilag. Gilag only ate the spirit of the Number guardian.

    So, this week's episode was certainly interesting. The flashbacks were much more interesting than the duel, which is kind of disappointing since I wanted the duel to be better. It was still decent because I actually like the characters that are involved, which does at least helps to make the duels more entertaining, but it was still pretty lackluster. The flashbacks were terrific though. I still love how Shark actually goes back to experience them since it still makes more sense than just having them repressed like what has happened to the Barian Lords. I am disappointed that none of the characters in the past referred to Shark or past Rio by their names, but I think it's pretty safe to say that they're Nasch and Merag respectively. I see no other reason for them to be involved in a legend that showcases both Vector and Durbe, along with two legendary Numbers, and have Astral and Durbe see part of the vision if they weren't the two missing Barian Lords. I was hoping that Shark would find out for sure, if only for the psychological impact of knowing that he's a Barian and just so that they didn't beat hints of that revelation into the ground like with Rei, but it was still pretty good.

    From the looks of it, past Rio/Merag sacrificed herself and became Number 94. This just confuses me. How could there be Numbers that far back? The war had been going on for a long time, but were Astral's memories scattered before? At least with two of the Legendary Number cards, they bonded with mystical figures from certain legends, which would still kind of fit with what they originally established about Numbers, but I don't know how they could explain those two Numbers with a retcon. Still, I am curious about how they'll eventually explain that. Since past Rio died, Rio was about to die again before Yuma saved her and she was knocked out at the end of the episode, I wonder if she is suppose to die later on. It obviously wouldn't be for good, but considering this episode and the opening, I could kind of see that happening, even though I'd prefer to not give Rio the shaft just so that Shark has even more motivation to go after the Barians. He and Yuma don't really need more motivation and certainly not at another character's expense, even though it sadly wouldn't surprise me due to how all of the Yu-Gi-Oh! series treat female characters.

    I really like how most of the recent episodes keep Kotori out of it aside from one scene. I actually forgot all about her until right before they went back to the ship. That makes her inclusion in every episode more tolerable if she isn't jammed right in there as Yuma's shadow/cheerleader, especially when nothing is lost with her not being around the other characters. It does seem kind of weird that she would just be on the ship for what looked like hours when it was sunset by the time they got back and she didn't try to go after her friends, especially when she was willing to go through a tower falling to pieces to get Yuma back, but maybe she didn't want to leave the ship unguarded and I certainly don't mind Kotori just staying there either.

    I really liked the facial expressions in this episode. Not only Vector's evil face, as they seem to be really good at and enjoy doing those expressions, but Shark's expressions when past Rio sacrificed herself and when Rio was about to die in his duel too. They both capture how heartbroken he felt at seeing someone he cares about dying and the second one especially did a good job with showing how helpless he must of felt being unable to save her. No wonder he's one of the few characters in this series I actually like. Also, I think that Don Thousand said at the end that Vector was the one to kill Nasch and Merag. If that's the case, maybe that means that they were re-reincarnated into humans. It could explain how they appeared as small children through flashbacks and why they may not have access to Barian forms. Konami is going to have so much fun dubbing this arc with all of the mention of death, suicide, war, murder and Vector throwing a spear right through one of his soldiers. I can just see them making their own version of the Shadow Realm in an attempt to cover up all of that when they get to this episode in probably about a year at the current rate.
    HumanDawn likes this.

  14. #569
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,100
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Going to different places is certainly better than staying in Heartland like they did for the first season and the last arc. It at least provides some interesting setting. Heartland City always came off as just too plain, even with all of the bright colors around it.
    I found myself liking the scenery and futuristic setting in the first season, seeing all the higher level of technology and getting accustomed to it. I got bored of it in the fourth season because it didn't feel new and the places the duels were in weren't really interesting either. When a field spell was used it was really refreshing seeing the different background.

    Speaking of the technology, I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't really mind gazers being used instead of holograms to see the monsters. I think it's just more realistic, especially when I'm sure there would be people who would be sick of seeing duel monsters used in the public and being forced to hear the sound effects. Plus, it gives the writers an excuse to make the duels take place in areas where many people would be watching. I can imagine the price of having one to play the game more expensive, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Also, I'm pretty sure that Astral still got the Legendary Number card from that duel. We see Astral grab the card before the sudden twist at the end with Gilag. Gilag only ate the spirit of the Number guardian.
    Ahh, I see. I thought that just because Gilag ate the spirit that meant that he got the Number card too. I think I thought that that was the case because the previous Number card's spirit was in the card.

    I haven't seen the newest episode so I can't comment on it.

    I was thinking that now that Shark is confirmed of being a Barian, Tron using Shark instead of IV makes more sense now. It's not a stretch to think that Tron's powers would make him able to sense who is a Barian, and so wanted Shark's powers to use against Yuma. I wouldn't be surprised if part of Tron's plan was to make Shark create the Chaos Xyz form of Shark Drake in his duel against IV with his Barian powers. I was originally confused about Tron using Shark, but now I'm not anymore.

  15. #570
    Cop. Cop! yay Cop... qq Zexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,054
    Blog Entries
    150

    Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    These last few episodes have been verging from being okay to good. I liked the animation and scenery of all the episodes with the culture shown. It's better than staying in the city for almost and entire season like in the fourth season. I'm pretty sure around half of the episodes were even in the school. Alit's duel is the one I like the most from all the duels so far, with Gilag's being my least favorite. I liked that Yuma didn't need an Xyz monster to win, and I really liked the monster too, but at the same time it makes Gilag's card even more pathetic. The episode was weird, and I found how Gilag actually got the Numbers Card unexpected. Gilag's character was treated like a joke throughout the fourth season, so I was really surprised that he actually succeeded for once when I thought he'd be used as fodder for Yuma to get his legendary Numbers Card.


    I agree that Heartland has no purpose. At the first season, however, it was imperative that everything would be set in Heartland since Dr. Faker/Mr. Heartland were the bad guys and we had lots of revelations about this seemingly-utopia that actually wasn't. Now, it's of no real use to the plot, so they can just dump it (in fact, even Arc 4 was based on the school, not the whole city, so I was okay with that, it gave a GX feeling there)

    The episode here was cool. Rio/Shark are Nasch/Merag, however the speculated re-reincarnation looks a good idea to me as well. Maybe, when a Legendary Person died, he would be reincarnated as a Barian, and when a Barian dies, re-reincarnated as a human? Wow, that's kinda the Dark Singers, ain't it? (they are even seven, lol)

    The Numbers things... I have a feeling that these seven Numbers were scattered away from Astral after the first battle with Don Thousand. It was only 93 Numbers that got away at Episode 1. Think of it, if Astral had the memories of the seven Numbers prior to Episode 1, it would seem weird for them to be scattered all over the Earth instead of just Heartland. Plus, Astral would immediately go and battle the Barians, because he would know about the Numeron Code. So, I think that these 7 ones got away prior to Ep 1.(Speculation here)

    Facial expressions are just perfect, though my best were the funny ones from Yuma at the beginning of Season 2 when they mistakingly thought he was IV or Kaito, plus the revelation of Rei being Vector.

    As for the dub, we have two options:

    1) Konami isn't 4Kids, so they may let it be as it is.
    2) They can just abort the arc like they did with 5D's Ark Cradle :))

    I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •