Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post

Anyway, I actually thought that this week's episode was pretty good. The legend really fits with Alit's character and this Legendary Number really fits with Alit than the last one did with Vector. The guardian could have realized that Alit was the person from the legend, either the same person or more likely his reincarnated form, and gave him the Number. I didn't care much to see Gauche or Droite again, but the reason why Gauche became the Star Man was nice, despite how ridiculously stupid his new outfit was. The duel has an okay start, but didn't do much for me. Leaving Kotori behind should happen more often, especially when nothing was lost from her not being around to cry out Yuma's name.

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWartortle View Post

Blog Entries

The last couple of episodes were okay. The duel wasn't as fun as the last match was. It wasn't terrible. It did what it was suppose to do, Number 46 looked awesome and Jinlong's other Dragons looked pretty cool, but the duel itself was just kind of boring and most of Kaito's moves were predictable, like how he was able to summon out Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon. Though, I didn't expect him to use Book of Moon. They really should use older cards more often. Kaito saying a variation of how a true duelist can determine what card they draw that Yuma/Astral say in Zexal form was pretty bad though. I understand that some people prefer an in-universe explanation for why they can draw the right cards at the right time aside from insane luck, but when Kaito can do it even without the ridiculous deus ex machina of Zexal, the justification just seems even weaker to me.

The advancements to the storyline were pretty good though. Misael's legend seemed a bit too similar to Durbe's, especially in how they ended, but it fit with his character. I'm starting to wonder if Don Thousand organized the events that led to their deaths and then made them Barians somehow. He already is keeping something from Vector and can tell that he was remembering something when they got to his temple, so I could see that twist coming. Kaito getting Number 46 was cool, if only because it will definitely be used when he finally duels Misael again. These episodes still didn't make me think that Kaito cares much about this Galaxy-Eyes user pride issue, despite how he suddenly started to refer to himself as a Dragon Tamer. It gave more of a reason as to why he should face Misael, even though that was going to happen anyway, but it doesn't really come off like he is invested into this conflict and it doesn't even feel like he has much to do compared to Yuma and Shark in this arc.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Blog Entries

The last couple of episodes were okay. The duel wasn't as fun as the last match was. It wasn't terrible. It did what it was suppose to do, Number 46 looked awesome and Jinlong's other Dragons looked pretty cool, but the duel itself was just kind of boring and most of Kaito's moves were predictable, like how he was able to summon out Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon. Though, I didn't expect him to use Book of Moon. They really should use older cards more often. Kaito saying a variation of how a true duelist can determine what card they draw that Yuma/Astral say in Zexal form was pretty bad though. I understand that some people prefer an in-universe explanation for why they can draw the right cards at the right time aside from insane luck, but when Kaito can do it even without the ridiculous deus ex machina of Zexal, the justification just seems even weaker to me.

The advancements to the storyline were pretty good though. Misael's legend seemed a bit too similar to Durbe's, especially in how they ended, but it fit with his character. I'm starting to wonder if Don Thousand organized the events that led to their deaths and then made them Barians somehow. He already is keeping something from Vector and can tell that he was remembering something when they got to his temple, so I could see that twist coming. Kaito getting Number 46 was cool, if only because it will definitely be used when he finally duels Misael again. These episodes still didn't make me think that Kaito cares much about this Galaxy-Eyes user pride issue, despite how he suddenly started to refer to himself as a Dragon Tamer. It gave more of a reason as to why he should face Misael, even though that was going to happen anyway, but it doesn't really come off like he is invested into this conflict and it doesn't even feel like he has much to do compared to Yuma and Shark in this arc.
    Wow, it looks like what we wanted to start up the thread again was a double post.

Well, at the original series we had "Heart of the Cards". Come on, Yugi just drew the 5 pieces of Exodia as soon as Kaiba Summoned 3 Blue-Eyes in the field. Call it ZEXAL, Kite's luck or Heart of the Cards, it will always be there, and we must accept it. I now think of the Duels as plot devices, only the outcome and the ace cards used matter to me. Going on. Number 46 is my favourite Legendary Number so far (in fact, I like each one released more than the previous ones). Kite will definitely use it against Misael, and, nah. this will be all that he does in this arc. It's not WDC here, that's enough for Kite to do. I liked the usage of Book of Moon. I feel sometimes that they could use some old cards at the right times but they still don't.

Misael's legend was okay, though I don't think it fits his pride issues that well. Kite has nothing better to do now that WDC is over than calling himself a Dragon Master and defeating other Dragon Masters (that reminds me of Best Wishes' Iris, lol) After all, in order to Duel he needs to use Photon Transformation (wait, maybe Photon mode can do its little ZEXAL Draws if needed!). It has a toll on its body, so he only duels when his dragons resonate or something. Acceptable, after all, Shark won' t Duel more soon enough. Don Thousand causing the Barian Emperors' fates will be nice, considering he has a connection to 7 Astral cards while he is a Barian. This explains it.

What intrigued me however was Astral's realization that he wants to destroy Barian World or something at the end of the episode. I just hope that the end will be something more than "neither world is evil, they are just at war and want each others destruction".

Wow, it looks like what we wanted to start up the thread again was a double post.
    Yeah, I try not to double post, but when no one commented on the recent two-parter, I figured that I'd just go in and jump ahead to discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWartortle
    Well, at the original series we had "Heart of the Cards". Come on, Yugi just drew the 5 pieces of Exodia as soon as Kaiba Summoned 3 Blue-Eyes in the field. Call it ZEXAL, Kite's luck or Heart of the Cards, it will always be there, and we must accept it. I now think of the Duels as plot devices, only the outcome and the ace cards used matter to me.
    The whole heart of the cards thing was more of a thing in the dub. It was present in the original version too, although I think only mentioned a couple of times earlier in the series, but the dub made a much bigger deal about it from what I understand. Personally, I wouldn't consider Yugi drawing those pieces of Exodia as a cheap draw power or at least certainly not on the level of the Zexal power or even Kaito drawing the same level eight monster twice due to his Trap card here. He didn't draw all five cards all at once due to the effect of another card. There was buildup to it, so it wasn't just tossed in at the last minute. The effect of Zexal can create any card Yuma wants or in the case of his new Zexal II form, bring out the true form of any card, which is still basically creating any card he wants, only in a slightly more limited sense. That's not to say that DM, or any of the other previous series for that matter, did not have cheap draws. Far from it. Zexal's glorification of cheap draws by trying to provide a justification for how the characters are able to get the right cards at the right time just feels a bit too much compared to the more "subtle" approach that at least DM and GX had with their cheap draws and it annoys me a lot more. It also doesn't help that both the power of Zexal and this whole bit of how a true duelist can determine what card they can draw that has even affected Kaito just comes off as ridiculously stupid to me, even for this franchise. When the power of Zexal makes the idea of characters getting the cards they need from a god less silly by comparison, it just doesn't work for me. I would like to see duels as more than just plot devices since there basically how the plot can move forward and offer development for the characters. But the duels in Zexal aren't that good for me in either area, especially the later, and the duel writing has been problematic since around the later arcs of 5D's anyway.

Going on. Number 46 is my favourite Legendary Number so far (in fact, I like each one released more than the previous ones). Kite will definitely use it against Misael, and, nah. this will be all that he does in this arc. It's not WDC here, that's enough for Kite to do. I liked the usage of Book of Moon. I feel sometimes that they could use some old cards at the right times but they still don't.
    I've liked almost all of the Legendary Numbers. Vector's was pretty dull in both design and its effect. Sky Pegasus was cool, Lion Heart really fit with Alit and Number 46 has the best design so far. While facing Misael is enough I suppose, it still feels kind of lacking compared to what Yuma has in front of him and what Shark could be dealing with later too. He doesn't feel forced into the conflict or anything like that. It's just more like they don't really have much for him to do and it really shows with what little attention he is given and the fact that he doesn't seem to be that invested in what is suppose to be a personal conflict for him. To be fair, the last part could be from how he doesn't show much emotion for anything that isn't Haruto anyway, so that could be affecting how I'm interpreting his emotion and personal investment in this rivalry with Misael. From a marketing standpoint, I can understand why they don't use older cards too often, but when there are new cards with basically the same effect, it seems like a rather questionable decision at least.

Misael's legend was okay, though I don't think it fits his pride issues that well. Kite has nothing better to do now that WDC is over than calling himself a Dragon Master and defeating other Dragon Masters (that reminds me of Best Wishes' Iris, lol) After all, in order to Duel he needs to use Photon Transformation (wait, maybe Photon mode can do its little ZEXAL Draws if needed!). It has a toll on its body, so he only duels when his dragons resonate or something. Acceptable, after all, Shark won' t Duel more soon enough. Don Thousand causing the Barian Emperors' fates will be nice, considering he has a connection to 7 Astral cards while he is a Barian. This explains it.
    It still feels too sudden for my tastes that Kaito is calling himself a Dragon Tamer when aside from his Galaxy-Eyes Dragons, he doesn't seem to be into using more dragon monsters and he doesn't seem to even care about the pride issue anywhere nearly as much as Misael. Besides that, it still gives me the impression that the writers don't really seem interested in giving him something more to do, which makes him even more boring to me. I also seriously doubt that Phonton Mode gives Kaito the same kind of draws Zexal does for Yuma. They haven't stated anything like that when they first introduced it and doing so now wouldn't really be a good explanation. It would still seem cheap and obviously thrown it. If I recall correctly, Photon Mode just allows Kaito to duel and to grab a person's soul in order to obtain a Number. Since he isn't hunting Numbers anymore, that later feature seems kind of pointless now, but they probably want to keep it around for marketing. Also, I don't think that it has a negative effect on his body anymore. It hasn't been a problem at all in season two and even at the end of season one, he seemed fine with a bit of rest. While his Galaxy Eyes reacting to something has led to a few duels, mainly his first one with Misael and his recent match, I don't think that's the only way he can get a duel now. He could duel more, but since the show barely takes its focus off of Yuma and Astral, along with how Kaito barely has anything going on for him, he just doesn't get much focus.

What intrigued me however was Astral's realization that he wants to destroy Barian World or something at the end of the episode. I just hope that the end will be something more than "neither world is evil, they are just at war and want each others destruction".
    Oh yeah. I forgot about that ending. A bit of a surprise, but it also makes sense. The two worlds have been fighting for a lone time and it would be totally reasonable that Astral's mission is to use the Numeron Code to destroy the Barian World. Plus, this does add more to the theory that Astral is a villain and that maybe even the Astral World is where the true enemy is. Since the Barian Emperors were at one time human, it could be that Don Thousand is the only true Barian left after this war has been going on for so long and resurrected these seven in order to use them for whatever reason. I wouldn't be surprised if they went that way just so that they could redeem all of the Barian Emperors, even though I'd prefer for Vector to not be redeemed, just so that they don't have to deal with the moral conflict of killing off all of them, then everyone teams up to defeat Don Thousand and possibly deal with the Astral World afterwards.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Blog Entries

Vector is now Don Thousand's pawn, I doubt he'll be redeemed. It has become Thousand's version of Yuma, which is Astral's prime pawn. I think that the other six will be redeemed (well, we don't even know about the two of them yet...). In that case, even if Astral turns to villain, Don Thousand may still be one. They may also make Astral regret of his actions, as he spent time with a kattobingu person and learned this and that and... You get what I mean. The possibilites are innumerable. Don't forget, there is III IV and V that have to get in, so if we have these three, the other three (Yuma n friends) and six Emperors, won't this be too much? Some of them will fall behind in Dueling.

Also, interesting little pattern. Check the Legendary Numbers' values:

44, 65, 54, 46, 64, 73, ??

1) the ones ending in 4 come in between the others, which may mean that the last one will be a 4 as well. It can be 74 since the front digit grows one each time, but the manga has released a Number 74 already.

2) All Numbers ending in 4 are Yuma's. Well, 64 isn't yet, but I guess that it will be by the end of the next episode. Similarly, those ending in 3 (73) go to Shark or Rio, 5 is Dark Mist (65) and 6 is Kite (46).
    Last edited by Zexy; 8th June 2013 at 10:05 AM.

This week's episode wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, especially when it looked more like a light-hearted comedy episode, but it wasn't that great either. It was more strange than anything else. The Number's guardian being a Tanuki that could apparently change bodies with whoever it wanted to was quite weird. Since he could do that in the middle of the duel, I wonder why he didn't just make Yuma lose or stop him from finishing his final move at the end, aside from how that would result in Astral dying. The duel was pretty boring and Number 64 felt really lackluster compared to most of the other Legendary Numbers. It wasn't as bad as Vector's Number, but it felt pretty weak coming after Number 46. Though, I liked that Yuma didn't even use an Xyz monster to win. That hasn't happened since his match with that kid with the construction deck back in the WDC preliminary round and unlike that match, this duel was actually important. That was pretty refreshing at least.

The legend didn't really help to make Gilag look any better as a character. I guess it fits with him with due to how he has been using others to fight his battles with Yuma, except for the tim he went after him and Rei for what happened to Alit, but it still doesn't make him look any better. Though, I don't think any of the legends have had that affect on my interpretation of the Barians, except for maybe Durbe's legend since it at least helped to make him a tad more interesting. Also, that ending was a sharp and sudden shift in the tone. I think that it was the effect of Don Thousand reviving Gilag showing up when he ate the spirit. Prior to that, Gilag seemed to be acting like himself, but Alit acted considerably different towards Yuma. Perhaps it just took awhile for that influence to kick in and take over Gilag. I doubt that it was just an act to keep his villainous face in front of Yuma and Kotori when he's never really acted that villainous before and he could have just threaten them instead. It was a seriously strange ending to an already strange episode.

At least next week's episode should be good. Shark vs. Rio sounds really good and should lead to some interesting twists, depending on what visions Shark sees during the duel.

Blog Entries

This week's episode wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, especially when it looked more like a light-hearted comedy episode, but it wasn't that great either. It was more strange than anything else. The Number's guardian being a Tanuki that could apparently change bodies with whoever it wanted to was quite weird. Since he could do that in the middle of the duel, I wonder why he didn't just make Yuma lose or stop him from finishing his final move at the end, aside from how that would result in Astral dying. The duel was pretty boring and Number 64 felt really lackluster compared to most of the other Legendary Numbers. It wasn't as bad as Vector's Number, but it felt pretty weak coming after Number 46. Though, I liked that Yuma didn't even use an Xyz monster to win. That hasn't happened since his match with that kid with the construction deck back in the WDC preliminary round and unlike that match, this duel was actually important. That was pretty refreshing at least.

The legend didn't really help to make Gilag look any better as a character. I guess it fits with him with due to how he has been using others to fight his battles with Yuma, except for the tim he went after him and Rei for what happened to Alit, but it still doesn't make him look any better. Though, I don't think any of the legends have had that affect on my interpretation of the Barians, except for maybe Durbe's legend since it at least helped to make him a tad more interesting. Also, that ending was a sharp and sudden shift in the tone. I think that it was the effect of Don Thousand reviving Gilag showing up when he ate the spirit. Prior to that, Gilag seemed to be acting like himself, but Alit acted considerably different towards Yuma. Perhaps it just took awhile for that influence to kick in and take over Gilag. I doubt that it was just an act to keep his villainous face in front of Yuma and Kotori when he's never really acted that villainous before and he could have just threaten them instead. It was a seriously strange ending to an already strange episode.

At least next week's episode should be good. Shark vs. Rio sounds really good and should lead to some interesting twists, depending on what visions Shark sees during the duel.
    This episode was one of the strangest ZEXAL offered, considering it was important yet comedic. Yeah, the Tanuki thing and his Creature Swaps was cool to see but also not interpreted the best way. 64 looked weak, but if Tanuki used its powers right, it would be different. The legend with Gilag, I didn't get it exactly, and I didn't get his end. I also found Misael's one interesting, as he showed no pride during the legend, just willpower to keep his dragon alive. Gilag, however, was possesed from Don Thousand at 103's first scene... Why was he back to Chitarou videos and when did he just pop up?

I also found it annoying that Tanuki had to add "pom" at the end of EVERY single sentence!! It became a nuisance after 5 minutes.

This episode was one of the strangest ZEXAL offered, considering it was important yet comedic. Yeah, the Tanuki thing and his Creature Swaps was cool to see but also not interpreted the best way. 64 looked weak, but if Tanuki used its powers right, it would be different. The legend with Gilag, I didn't get it exactly, and I didn't get his end. I also found Misael's one interesting, as he showed no pride during the legend, just willpower to keep his dragon alive. Gilag, however, was possesed from Don Thousand at 103's first scene... Why was he back to Chitarou videos and when did he just pop up?
    From what I understood from another site, the legend was about how Gilag, who I think actually went by a different name in the legend unlike all of the other Barians, used the Tanuki to fight all of his battles for him, then took charge himself only to die in battle and shortly afterwards, the Tanuki died as well. He claimed that he knew it was a lose-lose situation, so he thought he would at least allow the Tanuki to live, but considering the ending, I have my doubts about that. As for Misael's legend, it was okay. It fit with his character and showed how he had devotion to his dragon even back then. Gilag's legend just really didn't seem to do much for me even by comparison. It just made it look like his legend of being a great leader was a completely lie. That's also a good question about when he got back to Heartland. We at least saw Alit leaving before he arrived to get his Legendary Number. Gilag was acting more like himself until the ending, so maybe it was just setting up for that surprise twist at the end.

I also found it annoying that Tanuki had to add "pom" at the end of EVERY single sentence!! It became a nuisance after 5 minutes.
    I can definitely understand that. It didn't bother me too much, but I can see how little speech quirks like that would get annoying fast.

Blog Entries

He claimed that he knew it was a lose-lose situation, so he thought he would at least allow the Tanuki to live, but considering the ending, I have my doubts about that
    Don Thousand is the reason. Gilag may have formed friendships with Ponta, but he's the kind of guy who likes to use other people to do the job.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Does anyone else think that maybe Rio and Shark are the missing two Barians. I still have to watch the most recent episode but from what we've seen about Rio I think its a possibility.

Also a friend showed me this and if anyone watches Attack on the Titans you'll like this even more:

Blog Entries

@Harpy; Latest Episode Spoiler:

BTW, the video is cool. They put things from all 5 openings and the manga in it. Great job!

I haven't seen Attack on the Titans, but that video was pretty awesome and the song had a nice beat to it.

Anyway, I thought that this week's episode was pretty good. The dramatic tension at the start with Rio's vision and then everyone, aside from Kotori, jumping off of the ship worked pretty well. Shark being a Barian is practically confirmed due to his past and wearing what looked to be the Barian symbol around his neck. The whole past flashback really reminded me of what Atem dealt with at the start of the Memory World arc, which was a nice touch and it kind of fits for this situation. Shark would be kind of the reverse Barian Emperor in regards to how his legend will affect him. The others have memories of when they were humans that they've forgotten for some reason and the legends make these memories resurface, but Shark is a human who will probably have memories of becoming a Barian somehow that would need to be experienced over again, rather than just something triggering those memories.

Also, even with Rio's vision at the start, I didn't expecting Vector to appear in Shark's legend and based on the preview, Durbe is going to be there as well, which will probably be why he was away from the other knights. It will also probably explain why Durbe and Nasche are friends. Perhaps Vector was the one who caused all of the other Barians to die in their past lives instead of Don Thousand, although I could easily see them try to explain that Don Thousand was controlling him when he killed them.

The duel was pretty weak though. It just started with not much focus on it, so it might get better in the second part, but it was still pretty weak. Also, Kotori basically told Durbe where the others were, which was a really stupid move on her part and doesn't make her character look any better in my opinion. Although, I do like how she isn't on the sideline in most of the recent duels. I still think that she adds absolutely nothing of value by being on the sidelines for practically every duel, so keeping her away from the duels is still a good choice as far as I'm concerned.

I'm honestly looking forward to Shark's reaction to finding out the truth. Considering how he hates Barians and is going after them for revenge, finding out that he is a Barian is going to cause so much psychological trauma and torture. I think that I'm just eager to see how they handle it and what kind of development it eventually gives him, especially since he's one of the few characters in this show I actually like. Plus, it actually gives him something to deal with, as opposed to Kaito who really feels like he has little going on for him in this arc. Rio would definitely be a Barian as well due to her involvement in the past, as well as the fact that she is able to sense Barian powers. In retrospect, they really should have reacted more to that or questioned it, but aside from Astral, most of the characters don't really question a lot of the strange things around them.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast