Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Page 33

Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

The three duels are boring to watch together. They move at such a slow pace that makes them uninteresting. There was barely any dueling, and most of it was summoning the Chaos Number version of the normal Number version. I could see the duels being incredibly rushed just to get them over quickly in the next episode. I think three duels like this could have worked, but there was so much to deal with because many things were needed to be taken care of. Having them be done individually would have worked better, but I can understand why it wasn't in this case. I could see Dark Zexal winning against Vector, with Shark and Kaito having a tie.

I still think the Numbers Club are useless too, but at least they would have actually done something. I don't think it's the right time to complain about it, and his friends should have figured that something really terrible would have actually happened. Cheering him up more is more logical because of how down he was feeling. Kotori's guts are something I really like about her, but unfortunately it's incredibly rare that she shows them and still needs to depend on others most of the time.

Astral's evil form looks really twisted and corrupted, like a nightmare. The black on his left reminds of Tron. I expected more from Dark Zexal, but it's still cool to me, and his different personality is something I'm looking forward in seeing in the next episode.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    The three duels are boring to watch together. They move at such a slow pace that makes them uninteresting. There was barely any dueling, and most of it was summoning the Chaos Number version of the normal Number version. I could see the duels being incredibly rushed just to get them over quickly in the next episode. I think three duels like this could have worked, but there was so much to deal with because many things were needed to be taken care of. Having them be done individually would have worked better, but I can understand why it wasn't in this case. I could see Dark Zexal winning against Vector, with Shark and Kaito having a tie.
    It's mainly Shark and Kaito's matches that move so slowly, but that's probably because we get roughly five minutes focusing on their duels, allowing for one turn each, before spending the rest of the time on Yuma. I'm not sure if three duels like this could have worked. There is a lot to focus on in those matches, even though Misael is more focused on that Galaxy Eyes user pride than Kaito is and Shark is dueling Durbe just because he's the only other Barian left, and three matches is a lot to cover in general. Two matches is a bit more manageable to handle, but three is too much. They probably wanted to have Shark and Kaito do something instead of being in the background like everyone else, but giving them their own episodes later on after Yuma finishes Vector would have made much more sense. I could see Shark and Kaito's duels being incomplete for some reason, especially Kaito's duel if they wanted to save a clear tie or defeat for their final duel.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    I still think the Numbers Club are useless too, but at least they would have actually done something. I don't think it's the right time to complain about it, and his friends should have figured that something really terrible would have actually happened. Cheering him up more is more logical because of how down he was feeling. Kotori's guts are something I really like about her, but unfortunately it's incredibly rare that she shows them and still needs to depend on others most of the time.
    They tried to do something, but Orbital saving them still kind of downplays their actions for the most part. While I agree that it probably isn't the right time to complain, although I don't think that should have necessarily stopped them, I don't see how his friends were suppose to figure out that something terrible would have actually happened. They're just following Yuma around as his personal cheerleaders and they didn't know anything that Yuma was keeping from them. I wouldn't have mind cheering him up so much if they got really angry at him. Maybe not yelling at him directly, but something like talking among themselves on how Yuma was so stupid, keeping such valuable information from Astral and them and putting all of their lives in danger and then after seeing how broken up he is about the whole situation, realize that he needed more encouragement for the moment and then proceeded to cheer him up. That would have made more logical sense than to jump right into cheering him up when they should be mad at Yuma. He was being a complete idiot and because of his actions, all of their lives are in danger. He deserves being yelled at way more than getting encouragement in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    Astral's evil form looks really twisted and corrupted, like a nightmare. The black on his left reminds of Tron. I expected more from Dark Zexal, but it's still cool to me, and his different personality is something I'm looking forward in seeing in the next episode.
    With Dark Zexal, I was expecting something closer to Supreme King Judai with being covered in black armor, instead of just a darker color shade in the original design, so that was a bit disappointing. Astral's face during the preview is still incredibly creepy.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Seto Kaiba , Chazz Princeton , and Jack Atlas was the main rival in Yugioh , Yugioh Dx and Yugioh 5D.
    But they lose to the protagonist more then winning .
    Doesn't it make them a failure as a Main rival ???
    Because most Pokemon fan think that Main rival is someone who beat the protagonist time after time until the protagonist beat him in a final showdown like Paul !
    So , Does it make Keiba , Chazz and Jack as a pathetic main rival character compare to Kaito ????
    That would mean Kaito is a only perfect main rival in Yugioh series !
    Off course , I believe Main rival is someone who has the most fierce rivalry with Protagonist despite the inferiority !
    Oh ,
    I really loved Carly's English Voice actress !
    Did she voice any other yugioh character expect Carly .
    But Yuma's English Voice actress SUCKSSSSSS!
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 6th April 2013 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Seto Kaiba , Chazz Princeton , and Jack Atlas was the main rival in Yugioh , Yugioh Dx and Yugioh 5D.
    Because most Pokemon fan think that Main rival is someone who beat the protagonist time after time until the protagonist beat him in a final showdown like Paul !
    So , Does it make Keiba , Chazz and Jack as a pathetic main rival character compare to Kaito ????
    Off course , I believe Main rival is someone who has the most fierce rivalry with Protagonist despite the inferiority !
    No. I don't think that's the case at least. The rival characters in Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon are handled in different ways and they're given different roles. I also don't really see the need to make comparisons to Pokemon when the series aren't really that similar to begin with. Kaiba, Manjoume and Jack are much better rival characters than Kaito because they had more interesting/entertaining personalities, actually had better development and were better duelists in my opinion. Kaito is just the typical overpowered rival character and he doesn't add anything new to the role, which just makes him boring to me. Just because Kaiba, Manjoume and Jack lost to Yugi, Judai and Yusei doesn't make them weak rivals, especially when they did push their respective rivals to their limits and some of the best duels in their respective series involved dueling the protagonists. They lost, but that does not mean that they were weak rivals. Kaiba was still considered the second best duelist in the world, Manjoume became a pro duelist if I recall correctly and Jack became a true King by the end of their respective series for crying out loud. They are by no means pathetic rivals. They had Yuma lose to Kaito not because he was the best rival out of the four series, but in the attempt to making it look like Yuma has grown as a duelist and to make defeating Kaito a goal for him, even though I still consider Yuma's growth as a duelist too inconsistent to be believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore
    Oh ,
    Carly was voiced by Veronica Taylor and I agree that she had a good voice. I don't think she voiced any major characters. I remember that she voiced a one-shot character in DM who sounded exactly like Ash, another one-shot princess with an unfortunate Valley Girl accent and the nurse in GX and I think just background characters in Zexal. Yuma is voiced by a voice actor, not a voice actress, but I agree that his English voice is pretty bad.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

I'd expected to see more of the Dark Zexal than there was in this episode, but overall, I think it was pretty decent. Having the new power-up was pretty neat, and made the episode exciting. I thought the new Zexal II power-up actually looked really cool, better than the original, and with that orange hair, it reminded me of Mirai (though whether or not that is intentional, not sure).

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew
    There some nice part to it like how Yuma broke Astral out of Dark Zexal and their little heart to heart moment before their newest upgrade was nice too, but it really felt like they were rushing through a resolution instead of actually having Yuma deal more with the consequences of his actions since he did basically betray Astral and put his life in danger because he was too naive and stupid. That was all pretty much brushed aside for the newest Zexal powerup.
    I can see what you mean there about the consequences thing, but I think from Yuma's expressions and the way he was acting with Astral, it was clear that he wanted to reconcile and felt bad for what had happened, so there was an emotional consequence. The new Zexal II form was kind of a neat way of for Yuma and Astral to reconnect after what had happened, so I didn't really mind that things seemed to move on to the power-up. I do think the whole Dark Zexal scenario should've perhaps lasted longer than it did, episode-wise, so that it would've had more impact (plus, personally, I thought it was neat-looking).

I also really hated how they didn't bother to even continue on with Kaito and Shark's matches. What was the point of having them duel anyway? We barely saw them duel in the last couple of episodes, we didn't learn anything about Misael's shiny new dragon and by this episode, they were all watching Yuma vs. Vector. Of course their duels were called off after Vector lost, but that was just frustrating to have them stand around barely doing anything.
    100% agree here. When Misael and Kaito were shown so shortly, it just seemed that their whole duel was a bit pointless, given how little attention it received (and same for Shark's with Durbe.) It'd have been really nice to see more of the duels, and to have the screen-time spread a bit more evenly if they were all going to be dueling.

Changing Rank Up to its true form is still pretty cheap and I still prefer the other ways the previous protagonists got the card they needed at the right time, even though that could be annoying too depending on the duel. At least they didn't tend to glorify it like Zexal does and I prefer extreme luck over something like the power of Zexal or Zexal II anyway.
    5D's with Yusei and the way the Crimson Dragon would give him what he needed in tight spots to win came across as more cheap to me, even though I love 5D's as a whole. Though, that may have been because Yusei always seemed too perfect a duelist to me, and the few times he was in trouble, things seemed to fall into place so well that any tension was lost. Yugi with Atem came across as a little more cheap as well, though I do think that Judai's extreme luck was a bit easier to accept.

The one time Zexal form really seemed cheap was during the duel with Tron, but other than that, I don't find it any more cheap than equivalent means by other protagonists in the series (aside from Judai). That there has now been a Zexal power-up helps keep things sort of fresh, and it is different enough from anything in the other series that it is memorable at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    I can see what you mean there about the consequences thing, but I think from Yuma's expressions and the way he was acting with Astral, it was clear that he wanted to reconcile and felt bad for what had happened, so there was an emotional consequence. The new Zexal II form was kind of a neat way of for Yuma and Astral to reconnect after what had happened, so I didn't really mind that things seemed to move on to the power-up. I do think the whole Dark Zexal scenario should've perhaps lasted longer than it did, episode-wise, so that it would've had more impact (plus, personally, I thought it was neat-looking).
    I agree that Yuma wanted to reconcile and felt bad for what happened, but I don't think that there was much consequence for his actions. Compared what happened to Atem and Judai, Yuma got off easy. I know that Yuma didn't turn evil like they did, but they made huge and pretty stupid decisions that had significant consequences on them that they had to deal with longer than a couple of episodes. The whole conflict was resolved too quickly for me to think that there was any consequence for his actions since it's resolved so shortly after being introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia
    100% agree here. When Misael and Kaito were shown so shortly, it just seemed that their whole duel was a bit pointless, given how little attention it received (and same for Shark's with Durbe.) It'd have been really nice to see more of the duels, and to have the screen-time spread a bit more evenly if they were all going to be dueling.
    I think that trying to spread equal screentime for three duels in three episodes would have been a bit too tricky, especially when they aren't even good at providing equal screentime for the characters. I'd honestly would have preferred it if they just cut their duels out altogether. It's not like Kaito or Shark accomplished much of anything by dueling Misael and Durbe and that time could have been better spend on Dark Zexal so that it could have lasted a lot longer, like maybe a full episode, and so that the solution to breaking Astral out of it wouldn't be so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia
    5D's with Yusei and the way the Crimson Dragon would give him what he needed in tight spots to win came across as more cheap to me, even though I love 5D's as a whole. Though, that may have been because Yusei always seemed too perfect a duelist to me, and the few times he was in trouble, things seemed to fall into place so well that any tension was lost. Yugi with Atem came across as a little more cheap as well, though I do think that Judai's extreme luck was a bit easier to accept.

The one time Zexal form really seemed cheap was during the duel with Tron, but other than that, I don't find it any more cheap than equivalent means by other protagonists in the series (aside from Judai). That there has now been a Zexal power-up helps keep things sort of fresh, and it is different enough from anything in the other series that it is memorable at the very least.
    I love 5D's and the Crimson Dragon giving Yusei what he needed in tight spots was cheap, but it didn't bother me that much. It usually only came up for his Stardust upgrades and they used it sparingly at first, although it did become more frequent as the series progressed. Yugi with Atem willing what card to draw was cheap, but that only happened twice. Judai's extreme luck was annoying, but easier to accept. Zexal certainly isn't the first series to have a cheap way of giving the protagonist the right card in the right moment, but it just annoys me the most. Zexal and Zexal II makes the a god giving Yusei, or Jack at times, the power to draw the the cards they needed look less ridiculous by comparison. It just over glorifies the cheap main character hax powers and at least the other protagonists were limited to the cards in their decks. With his Zexal forms, Yuma can create any card he wants to with any kind of effect. That automatically reduces any tension when he has something like that in his arsenal. The fact that he has to be in a different dimension, or in the Barian Sphere Cubes, to use it doesn't change that. While I agree that it is memorable, I'm not sure if that's necessarily a good thing when it just looks silly, even by the Yu-Gi-Oh! standards of ridiculousness, to draw the card he needs to win the duel.
    FinalArcadia likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    No. I don't think that's the case at least. The rival characters in Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon are handled in different ways and they're given different roles. I also don't really see the need to make comparisons to Pokemon when the series aren't really that similar to begin with. Kaiba, Manjoume and Jack are much better rival characters than Kaito because they had more interesting/entertaining personalities, actually had better development and were better duelists in my opinion. Kaito is just the typical overpowered rival character and he doesn't add anything new to the role, which just makes him boring to me. Just because Kaiba, Manjoume and Jack lost to Yugi, Judai and Yusei doesn't make them weak rivals, especially when they did push their respective rivals to their limits and some of the best duels in their respective series involved dueling the protagonists. They lost, but that does not mean that they were weak rivals. Kaiba was still considered the second best duelist in the world, Manjoume became a pro duelist if I recall correctly and Jack became a true King by the end of their respective series for crying out loud. They are by no means pathetic rivals. They had Yuma lose to Kaito not because he was the best rival out of the four series, but in the attempt to making it look like Yuma has grown as a duelist and to make defeating Kaito a goal for him, even though I still consider Yuma's growth as a duelist too inconsistent to be believable.
    Well , Now people should know I'm not overreacting with Trip.
    Some People think that Protagonist need to have a overpowered rival who beat him/her all the time or the story will be boring !
    Well , Yugioh prove that it doesn't matter if the protagonist doesn't have a unbeatable overpowered main rival if The story is better written & huddled perfectly !
    For example , If Pokemon Gen Vi Anime series is huddled like B2W2 Animated Promo then it wouldn't matter if Ash has a inferior main rival .
    Off course , I didn't like Jack atlas being the so called True king .
    I can't stand that guy or his harem, Always shouting ''I'm the king , I'm better , I'm perfect and Kneel down to me , Nobody order me around blah blah blah'' !
    How is that all the girl falls for him , he's disgusting.
    Even Mina , She knew the real Jack Atlas who become king though fixed duel match but she still willing to wait for him forever .
    I know that you don't like Yuma's harem and you don't want any more girl in his Harem but I don't mind after bearing Jack's harem.
    Atleast , Yuma has a positive kind heart that change's people compare to that Jack who's just good-looking & good duelist .
    I hope Yugi & Jaden were dead before Jack become the king .
    I hope Crow or Leo took the title of King from Jack !

Oh ,
    Carly was voiced by Veronica Taylor and I agree that she had a good voice. I don't think she voiced any major characters. I remember that she voiced a one-shot character in DM who sounded exactly like Ash, another one-shot princess with an unfortunate Valley Girl accent and the nurse in GX and I think just background characters in Zexal. Yuma is voiced by a voice actor, not a voice actress, but I agree that his English voice is pretty bad.
    I hope she voice another major character in Yugioh or Pokemon series .
    While at it , They should really really really Change Yuma's Voice actor .

I think that there might be even bigger event where Kite & Shark will duel Misecl and Durbe .
    And ,
    Was that Durbe's human form we saw in the preview !
    Don't tell me that he trying the same trick vector did .
    I really thought that Durbe has much more pride compare to vector .

Some People think that Protagonist need to have a overpowered rival who beat him/her all the time or the story will be boring !
    Well , Yugioh prove that it doesn't matter if the protagonist doesn't have a unbeatable overpowered main rival if The story is better written & huddled perfectly !
    For example , If Pokemon Gen Vi Anime series is huddled like B2W2 Animated Promo then it wouldn't matter if Ash has a inferior main rival .
    That's why I said that Yu-Gi-Oh! handles the protagonist/rival relationship differently than they do in Pokemon. I don't think that they're interested in trying that out. I still don't really understand the comparisons to Pokemon.

Off course , I didn't like Jack atlas being the so called True king .
    I can't stand that guy or his harem, Always shouting ''I'm the king , I'm better , I'm perfect and Kneel down to me , Nobody order me around blah blah blah'' !
    How is that all the girl falls for him , he's disgusting.
    Even Mina , She knew the real Jack Atlas who become king though fixed duel match but she still willing to wait for him forever .
    Jack does have an arrogant attitude and can be selfish at times, but I don't think that he told people to kneel before him like that. He also was less of a jerk in the original version of 5D's as the dubs tend to make the rival characters more of a jerk. He's actually quite likable in spite of his attitude, actually did care about his friends and really had some good character development. He had more of an attitude at the beginning of the series, but it cools down quite a bit during the Dark Signer arc. He's my favorite 5D's and quite possibly my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! character of all. I can understand not liking him, but he's really not that bad. He's more like an arrogant jerk with a heart of gold. I don't think that there was any indication that Mikage knew about the fix match, but that was also an incredibly stupid recon to create unnecessary tension in a match against Team Ragnarok.

I know that you don't like Yuma's harem and you don't want any more girl in his Harem but I don't mind after bearing Jack's harem.
    Atleast , Yuma has a positive kind heart that change's people compare to that Jack who's just good-looking & good duelist .
    Believe it or not, I dislike Jack's harem more than Yuma's harem, but for completely different reasons. Jack's harem was annoyingly pointless and stupid. He already admitted that he loved Carly and despite how their relationship was handled in the post Dark Signer arcs, nothing he said or did really contradict that statement and she still loved him, so giving him a harem was a terrible decision. Plus, all it did was regress characters. It turned both Carly and Mikage into Jack fangirls. It made a bit more sense for that to happen to Carly, but it still seemed like a waste to have her primarily a comedy relief character. Mikage also seemed to recognize that Jack's heart was too far away for her to reach in the Dark Signer arc and seemed more professional at the start of the pre WRPG arc, but that disappeared when they wanted those two to have catfights over Jack. Stephanie was completely pointless, unnecessary and I don't think anyone in the main cast even knew her name. Yuma having a harem is stupid, I don't like how it makes most of the female characters nothing more than love interests and it's rather unbelievable that three girls would fall in love with an idiot like Yuma, but it hasn't really ruined characters when there wasn't much there to begin with.

Also, Jack's interactions with Carly during the Dark Signer arc at least, especially their duel, is a lot more positive and meaningful than any interactions Yuma has had with his harem. Carly is why Jack mellowed out a bit and through her love, he realized that he couldn't escape the bonds with his friends. There's also the fact that he was willing to end their duel in a draw, which would kill them both, just so that Carly wouldn't die alone. If that isn't love, then I don't know what is. Jack really isn't as much of a jerk because of development like this and he's definitely more than just a good looking guy and a good duelist.

Does it matter either way? I doubt that either one of them were involved in pro dueling by the time D-Wheels and Riding Duels came around. I doubt that Yugi would even be that active in professional dueling. He would participate to further prove that he could do it without Atem and then to defend his title, but considering the reasons why he participated in most of major tournaments during the series, I doubt he would be that active. As for Judai, he was never going to be King anyway since he was more of a drifter at the end of the series fighting the Light of Destruction whenever it appeared. If Bonds Beyond Time is any indication, he'll just travel around the world for years. He could be a good pro duelist, but he isn't really King material, especially when I think it was implied that he lost to Yugi anyway. Plus, Jack could definitely beat Judai. Judai is good, but I think Jack would have a huge edge.
    I hope Crow or Leo took the title of King from Jack !
    That wouldn't make sense due to the fact than neither one of them are that good. They are good professional duelists, but again, not really King material. Besides that, it makes perfect sense for Jack to become a true King. Regardless about how you feel about him, it does make sense that he'd be able to reach that point with the skills he shown throughout the series, its the most appropriate closure for his character and it actually ties into Carly's fortune right when she lost the duel of Jack becoming a true King. The only way this would have been better is if Jack mentioned something to Carly about how he'll come back to her or if he looked at her broken glasses from the Dark Signer arc when he was alone and thinking about how he'll fulfill her wish. At least that would have been a nice way to handle their relationship in the finale, but I still see their pairing as canon.

I hope she voice another major character in Yugioh or Pokemon series .
    While at it , They should really really really Change Yuma's Voice actor .
    A Pokemon series seems unlikely at this point and the only major character in Zexal she could voice would be Rio. As much as I like Veronica Taylor, I'm not sure if the usual female voice she uses for her young girl roles would work for Rio, especially when it would probably sound a lot like May, but I wouldn't be against it. They most likely won't change Yuma's voice actor unless he moves or quits for whatever reason.

I think that there might be even bigger event where Kite & Shark will duel Misecl and Durbe .
    Then they should have waited until something like that came to have them duel instead of tossing their matches here without bothering to do anything with them.

And ,
    Was that Durbe's human form we saw in the preview !
    Don't tell me that he trying the same trick vector did .
    I really thought that Durbe has much more pride compare to vector .
    I seriously doubt that Durbe is trying to pull the same trick Vector did. While Yuma would probably fall for it again due to being an idiot, I don't think that he's trying to do that. He seems to be one of the more rational Barians and he does want to save the Barian World. I imagine that he'll want to explain why he wants to save his world to Yuma and his friends at some point.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

[QUOTE=Hidden Mew;4701534]
    Just two words: Kite Tenjo. The closest thing we got in Pokemon was Zoey. Really.

Does it matter either way? I doubt that either one of them were involved in pro dueling by the time D-Wheels and Riding Duels came around. I doubt that Yugi would even be that active in professional dueling. He would participate to further prove that he could do it without Atem and then to defend his title, but considering the reasons why he participated in most of major tournaments during the series, I doubt he would be that active. As for Judai, he was never going to be King anyway since he was more of a drifter at the end of the series fighting the Light of Destruction whenever it appeared. If Bonds Beyond Time is any indication, he'll just travel around the world for years. He could be a good pro duelist, but he isn't really King material, especially when I think it was implied that he lost to Yugi anyway. Plus, Jack could definitely beat Judai. Judai is good, but I think Jack would have a huge edge.
    New Domino/Satellite's pretty much a different place than the Original/GX setting. No point in comparing.

Why not? We still have lot of time, it will be really nice to pull off something like that.

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWartortle View Post
    New Domino/Satellite's pretty much a different place than the Original/GX setting. No point in comparing.
    Neo Domino City is a different place than the original Domino City. I don't know if that means that there's no point in comparing. I was just thinking of how neither Yugi or Judai would be active in pro dueling by that point regardless of whether they were alive or not in the 5D's era and I still doubt that Yugi was even that active in pro dueling even during the GX era. He would be off having his own adventures and probably only duel to defend his title by a certain point.

Blog Entries

Follow Zexy on Tumblr Visit Zexy's Youtube Channel

Neo Domino City is a different place than the original Domino City. I don't know if that means that there's no point in comparing. I was just thinking of how neither Yugi or Judai would be active in pro dueling by that point regardless of whether they were alive or not in the 5D's era and I still doubt that Yugi was even that active in pro dueling even during the GX era. He would be off having his own adventures and probably only duel to defend his title by a certain point.
    In GX, we knew about Battle City 2. 5D has 100% new rules qith Tuners, Synchros and Motorcycles. Yugi/Judai wouldn't ever Duel in a motorcycle!

I got a scum result on that bush! LYNCH IT LYNCH IT LYNCH IT!

In GX, we knew about Battle City 2. 5D has 100% new rules qith Tuners, Synchros and Motorcycles. Yugi/Judai wouldn't ever Duel in a motorcycle!
    I believe Battle City 2 didn't happen during the GX era. It was mentioned in the episode where Judai went back in time and the flyer he found showed Yugi with the three Egyptian God Cards and he clearly still had his Millenium Puzzle. That tournament technically happened during DM, probably sometime after the KC Grand Prix and before the Millenium World arc. I don't think that the gap between those arcs is as big as the writers probably want it to be, but it still didn't really happen during the GX era. I doubt that Yugi would be that interested with Riding Duels, but I think Judai might see it as fun way of playing the game. I still doubt that they would be active in the pro dueling ring by the time they were introduced though. They most likely were alive since Ushio is the same person who bullied Yugi in the flashback from episode three of DM, but I doubt that they would be dueling frequently in pro matches by that point.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=BlueWartortle;4703426]
    Just two words: Kite Tenjo. The closest thing we got in Pokemon was Zoey. Really.
    I was talking about Seto Keiba , Chazz Princeton and Jake Atlas who was inferior compare to the protagonist despite being the main rival and I was asking @Hidden Mew if she think Kite as the only real main rival who is superior then the protagonist like Pokemon's Main rival .
    Plus , Yugioh Zexal may be better written then Pokemon Best Wishs with good rival , Tournament and Development , However Most yugioh fan claim that Yugioh Zexal isn't as good as other other yugioh series and its boring compare to all other yugioh series.
    Even though all other Yugioh Protagonist were almost unbeatable and superior then the main rival which suppose to make an Anime boring !!!
    Man ,
    You would believe how much I want Pokemon to be like previous Yugioh series Where Ash is almost as unbeatable as previous Yugioh protagonist and as competent as Pokemon Adventure Protagonist.
    And The main character of that series will be Ash , An Arrogant rival like Seto Keiba and a funny rival like Joey Wheeler !
    Because Ash being treated as a ether an underdog or Average trainer gotten boring !

I was talking about Seto Keiba , Chazz Princeton and Jake Atlas who was inferior compare to the protagonist despite being the main rival and I was asking @Hidden Mew if she think Kite as the only real main rival who is superior then the protagonist like Pokemon's Main rival .
    I'm not sure if inferior is the right word. They always lost, but they weren't really inferior per say, especially considering their skills. Just because Kaito is the only one who has been able to beat the protagonist of a series doesn't mean that he's the only real main rival. That just sounds ridiculous to me. Kaiba, Manjoume and Jack were clearly the main rivals despite losing and becoming friends with the protagonists. Like I said, Pokemon handles the main rivals differently than they do in the various Yu-Gi-Oh! series. Ash constantly losing to the main rival is suppose to be building tension and suspense for when Ash eventually defeats them in the region's League. Admittedly, I think this only worked with Paul and to a lesser extent Gary, but that's generally the purpose of it.

With Yu-Gi-Oh!, the protagonists had to win in order to progress the overall storyline, as well as the storyline for the rivals. Yugi had to beat Kaiba so that it would catch Pegasus' attention and force Yugi to participate in Duelist Kingdom. Kaiba had to lose so he could question himself, leave Mokuba as he prepares the protype Duel Disk system, which leads to Mokuba being kidnapped in Pegasus' plan to take over Kaiba Corp and then leads for Kaiba's development as he does all he can to save his brother when he arrives in Duelist Kingdom. Judai needed to defeat Manjoume because it showed that just because he was in the lowest dorm doesn't mean he was a weak duelist. Manjoume being defeated by Judai and later Misawa causes him to leave the school, start from the ground up at North Academia, stand up to his older brothers during his third duel with Judai and then continue working from the ground up at the Red Dorm. Yusei needed to defeated Jack because of how the Crimson Dragon's first appearance was the result of both of them attacking each other with their Signer Dragons. Plus, Jack realizing that Yusei defeated him created an impact on him as he realized he was no longer King, he gave Yusei back his Stardust Dragon so that he could attack him at full strength in the Fortune Cup and losing to Jack again in the Fortune Cup started Jack on his path to getting even more development during the Dark Signer arc. The main reason why they haven't had Yuma defeat Kaito yet is probably because of how overpowered Kaito is and they're trying something different with Yuma being a bad duelist. Even so, that doesn't change the fact that Kaiba, Manjoume and Jack were rival characters. Jack became more friends with Yusei as the series progressed, but unlike the other rival characters, they also grew up together as adopted brothers, so it makes sense that they would become friendlier with each other.

Plus , Yugioh Zexal may be better written then Pokemon Best Wishs with good rival , Tournament and Development ,
    I don't consider Kaito a good rival. He isn't an interesting character, is just overpowered more than skilled and there isn't much to this rivalry. Despite claiming that Kaito was his goal during the WDC, there isn't much of a rivalry going on. Though, to be fair, Yuma has been dealing with other more important matters, so dueling Kaito isn't really on his mind for the moment. I still don't think that the WDC is necessarily better than the tournaments in BW. Aside from the second one, they are pretty bad, but at least they're short and don't waste time with a bunch of matches against one-shot characters taking up a good chuck of the arc like what happened with the WDC. Most of the development, especially for Yuma, doesn't really stick. At least I still find most of the characters in BW likable, aside from Iris. It does have better structure than BW does though.

However Most yugioh fan claim that Yugioh Zexal isn't as good as other other yugioh series and its boring compare to all other yugioh series.
    Even though all other Yugioh Protagonist were almost unbeatable and superior then the main rival which suppose to make an Anime boring !!!
    I certainly don't think that it's as good as the other Yu-Gi-Oh! series. While I do think that there's more structure in Zexal's storyline than there was with GX and the later arcs of 5D's, the characters range from boring to unlikable with only a few decent ones at best, the writing is poor, the pacing is weak and the duels are just terrible with such repetitive formats, especially when nearly every duel has the characters Xyz summon on their first turn either with a monster effect or Spell card and then if that's the ace monster, they keep that same Xyz monster out for the rest of the duel. I can understand why people like it, but it really isn't a good Yu-Gi-Oh! series in my opinion.

Yuma losing more often isn't really better to me because of how his defeats mean nothing to him. When the previous main characters lost a duel, it usually meant something significant to the storyline and/or their characters. Yugi lost to Pegasus lead to Yugi's Grandfather's soul being stolen. Losing to Kaiba made Yugi afraid of his other self, which affected him during his match against Mai and led to connecting more with Atem. Atem losing to Raphael caused him to lose Yugi and feel immense guilt for how his pride cost him his closest friend. Judai's first defeat against Kaiser didn't do much, but losing to Kaibaman helped Judai to feel less worried about the prospect of losing a duel after his friends were nearly killed in his duel against Darkness. Losing to Ed was mainly so that Judai could find his Neo Spacians, while the implied defeat against Yugi was suppose to help Judai have more fun dueling against, despite how his tag duel with Asuka already kind of did that. While Yusei didn't lose a duel officially during the course of the series, I still consider his first match against Kiryu a defeat. There was nothing he could have done to protect himself and the only reason his life points didn't drop to zero was because he would have died, which would have thrown a wretch into the plot at that point. Still, it shook him up and made him afraid to duel for awhile. Once he was able to get over that, he was determined to save Kiryu, especially when he felt guilty about what happened in the past. There was also better storylines and more likable/interesting characters in those series than I think there are in Zexal, which made them more enjoyable and entertaining to watch.

Honestly, while the protagonists won a lot, they usually had to because of how something important was riding on their victory. They only went a bit far with Yusei winning all the time when he could have lost to Team Unicorn and maybe in the final duel against Jack, but even then, most of his duels were about protecting the people he cared about or getting out of a situation alive. It's actually the same for Yuma. He can't afford to lose any duel that's important to the plot because of how Astral will die. Even when he deserves to lose like in his first match against Kaito, they had to throw in a way for Kaito to call off the duel so that Yuma wouldn't lose. He only loses duels that really aren't important to the main plot and they haven't really had as much of an affect on him as those few defeats the other protagonists had. Trading in one extreme over another isn't really a good thing and it certainly hasn't helped make Yuma a more developed character, but I also think his skills as a duelist are inconsistent given how they're changed as the plot sees fit anyway.

Man ,
    You would believe how much I want Pokemon to be like previous Yugioh series Where Ash is almost as unbeatable as previous Yugioh protagonist and as competent as Pokemon Adventure Protagonist.
    And The main character of that series will be Ash , An Arrogant rival like Seto Keiba and a funny rival like Joey Wheeler !
    Because Ash being treated as a ether an underdog or Average trainer gotten boring !
    Like I said before, Pokemon handles the rival roles differently than they do in Yu-Gi-Oh! and there isn't anything major on the line for Ash to really need to defeat his rivals until the League anyway. I still don't quite get the constant Pokemon comparisons when the shows aren't even that similar to each other to warrant it.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 10th April 2013 at 01:55 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Plus , Yugioh Zexal may be better written then Pokemon Best Wishs with good rival , Tournament and Development ,
    I don't consider Kaito a good rival. He isn't an interesting character, is just overpowered more than skilled and there isn't much to this rivalry. Despite claiming that Kaito was his goal during the WDC, there isn't much of a rivalry going on. Though, to be fair, Yuma has been dealing with other more important matters, so dueling Kaito isn't really on his mind for the moment. I still don't think that the WDC is necessarily better than the tournaments in BW. Aside from the second one, they are pretty bad, but at least they're short and don't waste time with a bunch of matches against one-shot characters taking up a good chuck of the arc like what happened with the WDC. Most of the development, especially for Yuma, doesn't really stick. At least I still find most of the characters in BW likable, aside from Iris. It does have better structure than BW does though.
    Kite has a legitimate Superiority over Yuma !
    Thats make him better then all other rival in '''Best wishs'' !
    Unlike Trip & Kotetsu , Who got their superiority though clear favoritism from the writer.
    Imagine , Ash has to lose to Trip 3 time in a row despite being more experience because Trip is the first rival ash met in Unova Which make him main rival and Ash isn't allowed to beat him before the League'' !
    At least Yugioh Zexal doesn't follow a crap like this !
    I would prefer someone like Kite to be superior then Ash rather then some Super rookie Or A scatter-brain .
    Yuma is a scatter-brain too but even he can't beat anyone like how Kotetsu beat Ash without Astral help.
    Just think , All the hard Work & Development Ash had in DP turn out worthless compare a rookie's Studying and a scatterbrain's luck !
    Whatever you call this , It ain't a rivalry ! its a forced competition & Superiority.
    And Your complaining about One-shot CotD in WDC ?
    Well ,At least those One-shot CotD in WDC had their own personality & Background and their own development unlike Pokemon BW Tournament where CotD are nothing more then just a mindless puppet who only appear to show their face !
    WDC is Tournament , You don't expect Yuma to face only Number hunter & Assassin from Dr Faker/Vetrix/Barrian ???
    May be it might not occur to you that Yuma need to face Normal duelist too in a Tournament.
    And What kind of development your talking about ?
    Whatever BW Character had in BW Tournament wasn't a Development but Glorification !
    You have any idea how much of a bullshit it was for Trip to win whole JCPMT untouched and turning into a nice kids right after his defect again Alder !
    Alder is the champion .
    It doesn't serve any purpose if he beat Trip and turn him into a nice Kid .
    Lance beaten Silver in the game but that doesn't turn Sliver into a Good boy right away .
    It Made Ash & Trip's rivalry pointless .
    It would have a real development if Trip lose to Ash and Wonder why someone doesn't follow any "Basic'' become this strong and Alder told him the reason !
    It would been much better then WASTING THE WHOLE JUNIOR CUP !
    You told me about how all previous Yugioh protagonist's defect mean something .
    So tell me , What the meaining of a complete rookie & a scatter brain beating Ash without breaking a swat ?
    What was purpose behind it ? What role did those humiliating defect serve in the story beside destroying the remaining dignity Ash left after being failed to win a League for 15 year ?
    You often complain about how most character in Zexal is Unnecessary .
    Well from that point of View ,
    Bianca , Gerogia and Carberent were completely Pointless and unnecessary character who only exist to be a comic relief ! Your unnecessary Anna Kadoom is much more likeable and interesting character then all 3 of them and She has much more potential to be important character in the future ! I mean , Gerogia & Caberent are basically each other's clone !
    So ,
    I think it foolish to call most Zexal character pointless and unnecessary while preferring BW Character over them .
    Because BW doesn't even has a storyplot anymore .
    It now become ''Every character Show about random & Pointless adventure with no goal'' .
    Pokemon was much better when it was a Ash-show in Kento series !

Like I said before, Pokemon handles the rival roles differently than they do in Yu-Gi-Oh! and there isn't anything major on the line for Ash to really need to defeat his rivals until the League anyway. I still don't quite get the constant Pokemon comparisons when the shows aren't even that similar to each other to warrant it.
    This is the reason why Pokemon suck .
    If your talking about overpowered rival who remain unbeatable against the protagonist until the League then I think people already had enough with Paul , Gary & Drew !
    There no reason for Ash to beat his main rival in the League.
    May be they can create a main rival who beat Ash in first battle but lose the second battle and tied in the third battle.
    Then a Mysterious rival beat him in the league semi-final .
    Let be honest , People want something that is new and ACCEPTABLE in the upcoming Pokemon series.
    For Example
    In the next Yugioh Series , I want the Protagonist to have one-side affection toward the female Lead character while she has a crush on the main rival . So The Protagonist love toward the Female Lead and Jealousy toward the main rival become a driving force in the story !
    Just like ''Slam Dunk'' !
    I want that because it hasn't done in other Yugioh series.
    Normally its the female cast who develop feeling for the protagonist and only for the protagonist.
    So it would be new that the female lead having feeling for other character while the protagonist in love with her and she doesn't show any sign of reciprocate the protagonist feeling until the final ark .
    Last edited by Hurricane Kishore; 10th April 2013 at 04:13 AM.

Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast