Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Page 25

Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 954
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

  1. #361
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Still, the duel was fairly decent, even though it went by a bit too fast and Shark winning with his Chaos Number was predictable, but it was still a nice bit of fresh air to have someone other than Yuma duel in this season.
    Yeah I thought that the episode was good as well. The predictability of how Shark would win didn't bother me as much because of the awesome looking manga monsters. Hopefully Rio's dueling and deck isn't too similar to Shark's so we'd finally have a duel with duelists using only cards we've never seen before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I kind of liked the moments between Rio and Shark, both in the present and in flashbacks, since I thought it made their relationship look nice. I do hope that there's some explanation about their rings or whatever caused that glow at some point. Rio herself comes off as a pretty cool character. She seems to have a cold demeanor during duels, but is sweet off the field. That already makes her cooler than all of the other female characters in this show in my opinion.
    They were fun, cool and fitting. Something you'd expect from a brother and sister relationship. Yeah I'd like an explanation about the rings as well. Rio hasn't really come off as cool to me with the little that was shown of her, but I'm thinking that will change in the next episode.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I'm quite eager to see Rio duel in the next episode. I think she's suppose to duel someone with a Number card, as well as those Barian Powers. If that's the case, then I seriously hope that the duel is good and shows off her skills. Despite this franchise's treatment of female characters in past and present series, I do hope that Rio is handled decently. They seem to want to hype her up right from the start and she is introduced fairly late into the series, so hopefully being a tough duelist isn't going to be ignored/forgotten by a certain point like what happened to Aki and to a lesser extent Sherry in 5D's.
    She's dueling somebody with a Number card? That's wonderful news! Maybe she'll keep the card for herself and use it to help defeat other Number card holders. She'll most likely give it to Astral, though. Speaking of Astral, with her involvement with the Barian I'm thinking that she'll be able to see him. Without a Number card herself, she'll probably use the strategy Shark used in episode 10 against Yuma to get rid of Hope, so I'm looking forward to seeing how she'll pull it off. I still thought that Aki and Sherry were handled decently despite becoming blander every passing episode. Rio will probably shine in the next 20 to 30 episodes or so, having her personality and story fleshed out and then be done with like most female characters. Her Ice deck would also probably be on sale at that time.

    Has anyone's eyes caught this title?:

    "Kotori Chaos Xyz Changes!? The Tumultuous Sports Duel Tournament"

    Oh wow. Kotori possibly dueling and/or becoming evil to trick Yuma sounds very interesting. Maybe it will increase her likability. The upcoming episodes with Alik and Misael sound very interesting as well. Galaxy Eyes master? I wonder what sort of development Kaito could get from that.

  2. #362
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Yeah I thought that the episode was good as well. The predictability of how Shark would win didn't bother me as much because of the awesome looking manga monsters. Hopefully Rio's dueling and deck isn't too similar to Shark's so we'd finally have a duel with duelists using only cards we've never seen before.
    I think I preferred the samurai drawing of Shark than the manga monsters. Rio is suppose to have an Ice themed deck, so it might not be too similar to Shark's deck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    She's dueling somebody with a Number card? That's wonderful news! Maybe she'll keep the card for herself and use it to help defeat other Number card holders. She'll most likely give it to Astral, though. Speaking of Astral, with her involvement with the Barian I'm thinking that she'll be able to see him. Without a Number card herself, she'll probably use the strategy Shark used in episode 10 against Yuma to get rid of Hope, so I'm looking forward to seeing how she'll pull it off. I still thought that Aki and Sherry were handled decently despite becoming blander every passing episode. Rio will probably shine in the next 20 to 30 episodes or so, having her personality and story fleshed out and then be done with like most female characters. Her Ice deck would also probably be on sale at that time.
    Interestingly enough, the opponent is a girl, so we'll finally see how a female character under the control of a Number card acts like. I honestly could see Rio getting a Number card at some point, depending on what role she has in the plot exactly, but I'm not sure if they'll do that right with her first duel in the series. I think it's more likely that Astral will get it. I hadn't considered that she could see Astral because of her connection to the Barian World, so that could be possible. If she used strategy like Shark did when he dueled Yuma in episode ten that shows off good skills, I will be happy, especially when I still think it's a shame that Shark didn't continue to fight well against Number cards with his own strategy and his regular cards. Personally, I don't think that Aki and Sherry were handled that well. Aki basically became a beanchwarmner by the end of the series and her development wasn't handled that well. Sherry was just discarded by a certain point. The fact that they became blander to you also doesn't make me think that they were handled decently. With Rio, I would like to see a female character actually handled well throughout the rest of the series, rather than dropping the ball yet again. As long as she has good development and her skills are reduced/forgotten in order to make another duelist look stronger, such as what happened when Aki dueled in the WRGP, then hopefully, I'll be content with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    Has anyone's eyes caught this title?:

    "Kotori Chaos Xyz Changes!? The Tumultuous Sports Duel Tournament"

    Oh wow. Kotori possibly dueling and/or becoming evil to trick Yuma sounds very interesting. Maybe it will increase her likability. The upcoming episodes with Alik and Misael sound very interesting as well. Galaxy Eyes master? I wonder what sort of development Kaito could get from that.
    I've read the summary for that episode. It doesn't mention anything about Kotori possibly dueling or becoming evil or even hint at it. The Number Club is struggling to find their female mascot, which will obviously be Kotori, and Gilag hides his identity and seems to suggest Yuma to start a Sports Duel Tournament so that he can steal his and Shark's Number cards. The Galaxy-Eyes Master at least sound more interesting and the villains are finally having an actual plan from the sound of it beyond tossing around those Rank Up cards to anyone who catches Gilag's attention. I don't know what kind of development Kaito could get from it since I don't think he appears until the second part of that duel.

  3. #363
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I think I preferred the samurai drawing of Shark than the manga monsters.
    The CGI was very impressive looking in it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Interestingly enough, the opponent is a girl, so we'll finally see how a female character under the control of a Number card acts like.
    From the little that was shown in the preview, the girl looked very calm and manipulative, which should be interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I honestly could see Rio getting a Number card at some point, depending on what role she has in the plot exactly, but I'm not sure if they'll do that right with her first duel in the series. I think it's more likely that Astral will get it. I hadn't considered that she could see Astral because of her connection to the Barian World, so that could be possible.
    I could see her ace card being a Number card that is an Ice attribute. Shark, Kaito and Kotori of all people can see Astral as well, so not having Rio see him would make her seem out of place if she really is going to fight the Barian.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    If she used strategy like Shark did when he dueled Yuma in episode ten that shows off good skills, I will be happy, especially when I still think it's a shame that Shark didn't continue to fight well against Number cards with his own strategy and his regular cards.
    His regular cards are effective enough. It mostly depends on the power of Rio's deck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Personally, I don't think that Aki and Sherry were handled that well. Aki basically became a beanchwarmner by the end of the series and her development wasn't handled that well. Sherry was just discarded by a certain point. The fact that they became blander to you also doesn't make me think that they were handled decently. With Rio, I would like to see a female character actually handled well throughout the rest of the series, rather than dropping the ball yet again. As long as she has good development and her skills are reduced/forgotten in order to make another duelist look stronger, such as what happened when Aki dueled in the WRGP, then hopefully, I'll be content with that.
    Their purpose to the plot wasn't really needed at that point. During the WDC, they focused more on Jack, Crow and Yusei so other characters becoming blander was expected. They could have made Aki and Ruka do something like how Rua met with Team Taiyou to add more tension. It was a real shame that Ruka was shafted like that since she was one of my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds characters at that time. Regarding Sherry, she was taken by Z-One, so it's nothing really bad. Rio's duel in the next episode will obviously lead to many more, so hopefully it keeps up. Knowing this show's handling of new characters, older ones will have to shafted as usual.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I've read the summary for that episode. It doesn't mention anything about Kotori possibly dueling or becoming evil or even hint at it. The Number Club is struggling to find their female mascot, which will obviously be Kotori, and Gilag hides his identity and seems to suggest Yuma to start a Sports Duel Tournament so that he can steal his and Shark's Number cards. The Galaxy-Eyes Master at least sound more interesting and the villains are finally having an actual plan from the sound of it beyond tossing around those Rank Up cards to anyone who catches Gilag's attention. I don't know what kind of development Kaito could get from it since I don't think he appears until the second part of that duel.
    Where is the summary for the episode? Yeah I'm glad that they're finally going to battle themselves. They should have already figured out how Yuma and Shark duel to make up tactics of their own to use against their cards.

  4. #364
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    The CGI was very impressive looking in it.
    They've used CGI for the monsters so often that I don't really pay much attention to it most of the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    I could see her ace card being a Number card that is an Ice attribute. Shark, Kaito and Kotori of all people can see Astral as well, so not having Rio see him would make her seem out of place if she really is going to fight the Barian.
    Shark, Kaito and Kotori were exposed to Barian powers through that duel with Dr. Faker/Barian, but we don't know what kind of exposure Rio has to Barian powers. She has some kind of connection to it, but I don't know if it's strong enough for her to be able to see Astral, at least at this point. She probably will at some point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    His regular cards are effective enough. It mostly depends on the power of Rio's deck.
    They pretty much dropped the idea of Shark facing Numbers with just his regular cards and strategy after his tag duel with Yuma. While I could see Rio getting a Number card in the future, I'd be fine if she could be helpful and active to the plot without a Number card. It would be nice for someone other than Kaito to defeat people without a Number card.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    Their purpose to the plot wasn't really needed at that point. During the WDC, they focused more on Jack, Crow and Yusei so other characters becoming blander was expected. They could have made Aki and Ruka do something like how Rua met with Team Taiyou to add more tension. It was a real shame that Ruka was shafted like that since she was one of my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds characters at that time. Regarding Sherry, she was taken by Z-One, so it's nothing really bad. Rio's duel in the next episode will obviously lead to many more, so hopefully it keeps up. Knowing this show's handling of new characters, older ones will have to shafted as usual.
    I'm aware that they weren't really needed for the plot by the WRGP started, but that's part of the problem If Aki and Ruka were handled even decently, they wouldn't have been just on the sidelines while Yusei, Jack and Crow got the bulk of attention. They would have used their time more effectively to showcase Aki becoming more comfortable at school, rather than just having her happy from the start of the new arc, actually have her becoming a D-Wheeler mean something for her character and actually do something with Ruka so she wouldn't be just there as a motivation for Rua to duel. Personally, I thought that Ruka was more wasted potential than anything else, especially when she still seemed rather dependent considering she always needed someone to help her duel. Sherry was taken by Z-One, but I don't think she was handled well, especially when most of her appearances before than were just setting her conflict up rather than giving her development.

    As for Rio, they probably will give other characters the shaft, but it isn't like there are a lot of active characters in the main cast anyway. They only seem to care about Yuma, Shark, Kaito, Astral and to a lesser extent, Kotori, although more for being cute than anything else. And Yuma gets more screentime than everyone else anyway. Everyone else is just there and I still think a good portion of the cast could be written out, so it isn't like there are a lot of characters fighting for screentime like with GX. Most of the main cast is content with being in the background, so if Rio takes away screentime from them, I'd be fine with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    Where is the summary for the episode? Yeah I'm glad that they're finally going to battle themselves. They should have already figured out how Yuma and Shark duel to make up tactics of their own to use against their cards.
    I read a translation of the episode summary on another site. Honestly, I still think that Gilag should have thought of a better plan than just tossing around Rank Up to anyone who grabs his attention. Going from adults to teenagers, who aren't even considered good duelists, seemed pretty foolish to me. At least they seem to actually have a plan by the time this Galaxy-Eyes master comes in from the sound of it.

  5. #365
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    You know , I think The reason behind Yuma being such a bad dualist at first was that he was too rush & impatient.
    I mean , Astral may give Yuma ''Hope utopia'' but it was Yuma's own tactic that beaten Shark in their first dual.
    May be , Yuma just needed to learn to be patient and calm.
    So , Just may be , If Yuma learn to be fully Calm and focus in dual then he might suppress Astral.
    Lately , Yuma depending on Astral again and I don't like that.
    Anyway ,
    I wanted to ask this question for a long time.
    How old is Yugi Motto ???
    He's a high school student but he looks like a 10 year elementarily school student.

  6. #366
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    You know , I think The reason behind Yuma being such a bad dualist at first was that he was too rush & impatient.
    I mean , Astral may give Yuma ''Hope utopia'' but it was Yuma's own tactic that beaten Shark in their first dual.
    May be , Yuma just needed to learn to be patient and calm.
    So , Just may be , If Yuma learn to be fully Calm and focus in dual then he might suppress Astral.
    Lately , Yuma depending on Astral again and I don't like that.
    Considering that Yuma wouldn't have lasted long against Shark without Hope and he won the duel through a situational spell card that wouldn't have worked without another effect that prevented a monster from attack, I don't think that Yuma defeated Shark with his own tactic. Yuma isn't really patient, although he usually stays calm during more of the serious duels. He's been depending on Astral from the start and I don't think that's going to change anytime soon. I'm sure it's to show how much they need each other, but it also has the effect of making it look like Yuma isn't as good of a duelist as the show tries to make him out to be if he still needs Astral's power/advice against duelists that are involved with the plot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore
    Anyway ,
    I wanted to ask this question for a long time.
    How old is Yugi Motto ???
    He's a high school student but he looks like a 10 year elementarily school student.
    I believe he's sixteen at the start of DM and maybe seventeen by the end of it. I don't think he looks like a ten year old. He's short, but I don't think he could pass off any younger than thirteen.

  7. #367
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    I'm getting weird vibe from Rei.
    Somehow he look too suspicious during the previous episode.
    I wonder if he's Spy from the Barian world.
    On the otherhand,
    I'm wondering if Rio going to join Yuma's Harem.
    Kotori can use some real competition .

  8. #368
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    I'm getting weird vibe from Rei.
    Somehow he look too suspicious during the previous episode.
    I wonder if he's Spy from the Barian world.
    I've been getting a strange vibe from Rei for a long time. I think that he could be from the Barian World. If he was a messenger from the Astral World, I'm not sure if he would keep it a secret from Yuma. Though, at this point, both sides sound pretty possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore
    On the otherhand,
    I'm wondering if Rio going to join Yuma's Harem.
    Kotori can use some real competition .
    Please no. Yuma already has far too many girls who love him for some strange reason. He does not need a fourth one. Besides that, I would really prefer having a female character in this series not just being a love interest and/or a cheerleader. Rio also doesn't seem like the type of girl who would fall for Yuma or would fight over the other girls for him. She strikes me as wanting to be a bit more independent than that.

    Anyway, the recent episode was pretty good. Rio does have some Mary Sue-ish traits with nearly all the boys falling in love with her right from the start and being good at every club she went through to prove her strength, but she still has a pretty good tough girl kind of personality that makes her pretty likable. Plus, I think that there's a reason given as to why she wants to be strong. She also showed some nice skills during her duel. It was really nice to see some decent strategy without getting an Xyz monster out on the field first and that did a nice job with showcasing her strength as a duelist. Her deck was also pretty cool and fitting for her.

    The fact that a Number card wasn't used in the duel was pretty disappointing. It was in the translations of the previews I've read and the people who do that are good translators, so it must have been a change in the episode's plot. Too bad since seeing a female duelists with a Number card could have been interesting, along with the Barian villains using a duelist with a Number card. Though, I think that would involve more thinking than the villains are currently doing, which is one reason why I'm questioning how much of a threat they really are if Gilag keeps on just repeating the same plan over and over again expecting different results. Still, it was a pretty decent duel and all of the focus on Rio made it that much easier to ignore Yuma, so that's a plus for me.

    The ending with the cats seemed a bit too silly for my tastes. After going what she went through in her duel with IV, Rio is that afraid of cats. It seemed like it was thrown in there to end the episode on a gag, along with possibly make people want to see Rio duel Cathy. Since I don't care for this series' humor and I really don't like Cathy, I would not like to see that. While I don't think this is how I would have preferred they went with Rio's character, she still comes off as a likable character, a good duelist and they're actually willing to do more with her beyond being the cheerleader and/or love interest. Not to mention she's far more interesting than all of the other female characters in this show, so I give them credit for at least the effort they're putting in to make her look like a strong female duelist. I just hope that she doesn't end up needing to be rescued and/or her strong duelist skills are ignored/forgotten later on in the series. Given how other female characters have been handled, there's probably a much better chance for that to happen, but at this point, I'm just hoping that I'll still find Rio this likable by the end of the series.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 12th November 2012 at 03:56 AM.
    HumanDawn likes this.

  9. #369
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I've been getting a strange vibe from Rei for a long time. I think that he could be from the Barian World. If he was a messenger from the Astral World, I'm not sure if he would keep it a secret from Yuma. Though, at this point, both sides sound pretty possible.
    If he turns up to be a bad guy, it wouldn't be as interesting as Bruno's with Yusei because I can't really feel that Rei and Yuma are as close as they are. Then again, that could change given more time, but it's not like it's leading to anything emotional for Yuma to face like with Yusei.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Please no. Yuma already has far too many girls who love him for some strange reason. He does not need a fourth one. Besides that, I would really prefer having a female character in this series not just being a love interest and/or a cheerleader. Rio also doesn't seem like the type of girl who would fall for Yuma or would fight over the other girls for him. She strikes me as wanting to be a bit more independent than that.
    Yeah, I agree as well. Though, right now, I'm finding it hard to believe that Cat-chan, Kotori and Anna really love him. Their antics have always come off as being more of the "friends" type that want the best for him than as an "love interest". Why Cat-chan and Anna are so "obsessed" with him could be because they lacked friends themselves and are just trying really hard to support Yuma so he wouldn't ever abandon them and stop considering them as friends. While it wasn't ever said that Anna didn't have any friends, they did make her out to be a mean bully before, so it wouldn't surprise me if she faced similar issues like Cat-chan. Maybe that is why she moved away?

    Kotori seems to be the one that "loves" him the most because of the second ending, but contrary to popular belief, that isn't even a love song. It focuses on Kotori wishing the best to Yuma in all of the chaos that was happening in the WDC. There wasn't even a single thing about love or anything. I don't think it was even implied. I just really fail to see this "harem", and if I ever bring it up that they love him, it's to make fun of the three for being so overprotective over Yuma... like how girls normally are.

    I'll have to say that the harem of Jack Atlas after the Dark Singer's arc was extremely annoying and dull. All three girls were obvious love interests that actually fawned and were in Jack Atlas' face all the time, stalking him, bothering him, trying to get close to him over every little thing that he did and much more. The link between Carly was understandable, but with the others it was a waste of time. If you asked me which trio of the girls I preferred, I'd tell you I preferred the Zexal one. Carly beats all three with ease of course, but as a group that cares for a main protagonist, the Zexal ones win for not being a bother to the protagonist and actually showing that they care without them disrespecting them or treating them like crap like Jack Atlas, who had a justifiable reason for telling them to not bother him.

    They're cheerleaders, that's for sure, but one thing I think they aren't are love interests.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Anyway, the recent episode was pretty good. Rio does have some Mary Sue-ish traits with nearly all the boys falling in love with her right from the start and being good at every club she went through to prove her strength, but she still has a pretty good tough girl kind of personality that makes her pretty likable. Plus, I think that there's a reason given as to why she wants to be strong. She also showed some nice skills during her duel. It was really nice to see some decent strategy without getting an Xyz monster out on the field first and that did a nice job with showcasing her strength as a duelist. Her deck was also pretty cool and fitting for her.
    It ranged from average to good for me. Yeah, I was worried of the Mary Sue traits as well from the preview. All the boys falling in love with her is a common thing that happens when an attractive girl who has a relative that is popular in the school joins it. I'm sure that they'll just forget about her. She has a likable personality, but I still want to see more of it before I make any conclusions, but right now, Akari, Droite and Cat-chan are still my favorite females in this show. The strategy and duel was nice as well. The background and animation was superb as well. Her Ice themed deck explains why IV used a Pyro spell to burn her, so that's good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    The fact that a Number card wasn't used in the duel was pretty disappointing. It was in the translations of the previews I've read and the people who do that are good translators, so it must have been a change in the episode's plot. Too bad since seeing a female duelists with a Number card could have been interesting, along with the Barian villains using a duelist with a Number card. Though, I think that would involve more thinking than the villains are currently doing, which is one reason why I'm questioning how much of a threat they really are if Gilag keeps on just repeating the same plan over and over again expecting different results. Still, it was a pretty decent duel and all of the focus on Rio made it that much easier to ignore Yuma, so that's a plus for me.
    I was disappointed myself as well after you told me that there was going to be a Number Card. Still, it didn't hinder me enjoying the episode and I'm not bothered by it since translators are bound to make mistakes and that's just human of them. You don't need to feel bad about misinforming me over something so small. I recall Gilag saying that the entire reason he even set up the duel was to check Rio's weak point. Judging by how Rio only used... 8 cards(?) with well executed strategies, I don't think that Gilag could have found much of anything. He did at least see her potential. It can be argued that if Gilag wanted to find a weak point so badly, he could have just seen her duel somebody during break, but I disagree because they whoever they are wouldn't show off her full potential.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    The ending with the cats seemed a bit too silly for my tastes. After going what she went through in her duel with IV, Rio is that afraid of cats. It seemed like it was thrown in there to end the episode on a gag, along with possibly make people want to see Rio duel Cathy. Since I don't care for this series' humor and I really don't like Cathy, I would not like to see that. While I don't think this is how I would have preferred they went with Rio's character, she still comes off as a likable character, a good duelist and they're actually willing to do more with her beyond being the cheerleader and/or love interest. Not to mention she's far more interesting than all of the other female characters in this show, so I give them credit for at least the effort they're putting in to make her look like a strong female duelist. I just hope that she doesn't end up needing to be rescued and/or her strong duelist skills are ignored/forgotten later on in the series. Given how other female characters have been handled, there's probably a much better chance for that to happen, but at this point, I'm just hoping that I'll still find Rio this likable by the end of the series.
    I thought it was silly as well, but it really didn't bother me and there are people in this world who aren't afraid of fire but are afraid of small animals like snakes, so I found it to be realistic. Regarding a duel with Cat-chan possibly happening... I honestly can't see it unless Cat-chan was affected by the Barian Rank Up card, but if that ever happened, I'm sure Yuma would be the one doing the dueling instead of Rio, which, whom, by the way, hasn't interacted with Cat-chan at all in this episode. She was actually mute the entire time, which is reasonable since Rio is a new person that she hasn't dueled yet to feel comfortable around. I also wish that Rio doesn't become bland and that she'll become more likable over time the more she duels and affects the plot.

  10. #370
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Yuma & Rio seem to have problem with their name.
    Boys doesn't seem to like girl who happen to be better then them.
    On the otherhand , Rio is really greatfull to Yuma for looking out for her Brother.
    Really excited about Alik fawning over Kotori.
    I wonder why he even fall for Kotori when other boys in school doesn't show much interest in her.
    Less-attractive boys seem to get attracted to her.
    HumanDawn likes this.

  11. #371
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    Really excited about Alik fawning over Kotori.
    I wonder why he even fall for Kotori when other boys in school doesn't show much interest in her.
    Less-attractive boys seem to get attracted to her.
    @Rio Kamishiro;

    :3

  12. #372
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    I don't get it, Alit-sama is fully attractive. In fact, I find it cute at all that a BOY would actually fall for a GIRL in the series, when usually it has been the other way around. I get the feeling it'll be handled well and I don't think it should matter if he was attractive or not(which he is, but that's beside the point). The point is that he's a Barian dude who fell in love with a normal, human girl. Which should bring good potential for an episode or two.

    All I can say it I'm looking forward to it. <3
    HumanDawn and Squall Leonhart like this.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  13. #373
    king of hearts Squall Leonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    balamb garden
    Posts
    1,717

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Part of why Alit liking Kotori is so adorable to me is because nobody else seems to like her in that way, and here a Barian guy does. Although I don't even think it matters if anyone else does, that just seems irrelevant to me. Anyway, I just find the whole Alit liking Kotori thing so adorable in general~ I can't wait to see how it'll be handled.
    HumanDawn likes this.

  14. #374
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,217

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    If he turns up to be a bad guy, it wouldn't be as interesting as Bruno's with Yusei because I can't really feel that Rei and Yuma are as close as they are. Then again, that could change given more time, but it's not like it's leading to anything emotional for Yuma to face like with Yusei.
    While I thought that Bruno was pretty boring and at times forgettable, more so before and during the WRGP, he did click with Yusei right away and they were pretty good friends. Rei, on the other hand, just seems kind of there and yet another person whose world revolves around Yuma, which doesn't make him stand out that much. They could become closer as the season progresses, but I don't think that they're leading up to anything that emotional for Yuma either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    Yeah, I agree as well. Though, right now, I'm finding it hard to believe that Cat-chan, Kotori and Anna really love him. Their antics have always come off as being more of the "friends" type that want the best for him than as an "love interest". Why Cat-chan and Anna are so "obsessed" with him could be because they lacked friends themselves and are just trying really hard to support Yuma so he wouldn't ever abandon them and stop considering them as friends. While it wasn't ever said that Anna didn't have any friends, they did make her out to be a mean bully before, so it wouldn't surprise me if she faced similar issues like Cat-chan. Maybe that is why she moved away?
    Honestly, I don't think that any of their love is the serious kind of love. Their feelings are more crushes than anything else. Considering that Cathy is still obsessed with Yuma even though she has friends now, I don't think that she was into him just because of her lack of friends before. As for Anna, they didn't say that she lacked friends or that she picked on people besides the boy she had a crush on before, so I don't think that would be the issue for her either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    Kotori seems to be the one that "loves" him the most because of the second ending, but contrary to popular belief, that isn't even a love song. It focuses on Kotori wishing the best to Yuma in all of the chaos that was happening in the WDC. There wasn't even a single thing about love or anything. I don't think it was even implied. I just really fail to see this "harem", and if I ever bring it up that they love him, it's to make fun of the three for being so overprotective over Yuma... like how girls normally are.
    I don't think that Kotori's feelings are any different from Cathy's or Anna's, in the sense that it is just a crush. These are just three different crushes from different girls to appeal to different tastes. There's the typical crush from the childhood friend, the crush from the shy/cat girl and the crush from the tom boy-ish/tough girl. I don't know why people thought that the second theme was about Kotori's love for Yuma when the visuals alone made it clear that she was just worried about him. Even though they're all just crushing on Yuma rather than being in serious love, ie like with Jack and Carly, it's still a harem and they're still treated and shown as love interests. I don't know how normal it is for girls, especially young teenagers, to be that overprotective over a boy, but I don't find most of these characters acting like realistic teenagers. To be fair, I've never been that socially outgoing to begin with, so maybe that behavior is more common than I think it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    I'll have to say that the harem of Jack Atlas after the Dark Singer's arc was extremely annoying and dull. All three girls were obvious love interests that actually fawned and were in Jack Atlas' face all the time, stalking him, bothering him, trying to get close to him over every little thing that he did and much more. The link between Carly was understandable, but with the others it was a waste of time. If you asked me which trio of the girls I preferred, I'd tell you I preferred the Zexal one. Carly beats all three with ease of course, but as a group that cares for a main protagonist, the Zexal ones win for not being a bother to the protagonist and actually showing that they care without them disrespecting them or treating them like crap like Jack Atlas, who had a justifiable reason for telling them to not bother him.
    I was really annoyed with Jack's harem since Carly was the only one who had a strong connection to him and turning their relationship into a gag with the other two wanting Jack after the Dark Signer arc was a terrible choice. I honestly don't care for the Zexal harem at all. None of the female characters who like Yuma are interesting. They may not bother Yuma, but I don't know if that's really a good thing when the mere fact that three girls have crushes on this incredibly annoying kid. While I didn't like Jack getting a harem, at least it made more sense for girls to be that obsessed with him given his appearance and personality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    They're cheerleaders, that's for sure, but one thing I think they aren't are love interests.
    I would still say that they're shown and treated as love interests. Perhaps not all the time, but the fact that they all have a crush on Yuma does make it clear that they're love interests. I don't think that they're serious love interests due to how it's basically a gag that Yuma has so many girls that like him and he's completely oblivious to it. Not to mention that their feelings are just crushes and the chances of taking any of their feelings extremely serious to the point of choosing who will end up with Yuma at the end are extremely slim.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    It ranged from average to good for me. Yeah, I was worried of the Mary Sue traits as well from the preview. All the boys falling in love with her is a common thing that happens when an attractive girl who has a relative that is popular in the school joins it. I'm sure that they'll just forget about her. She has a likable personality, but I still want to see more of it before I make any conclusions, but right now, Akari, Droite and Cat-chan are still my favorite females in this show. The strategy and duel was nice as well. The background and animation was superb as well. Her Ice themed deck explains why IV used a Pyro spell to burn her, so that's good.
    Even with Shark's popularity, I could have done without the shot on Rio's skirt. It wasn't that bad all things considered, but I've been really turned off by any fanservice in this show after that duel with the chairman. They didn't seem interested in her after finishing all of those club activities, so I doubt that they'll come back as well. Akari is still pretty forgettable for me. Droite is boring and her sudden crush on Kaito didn't help either. Cathy is also pretty boring and her obsession with Yuma causing her to attack at anyone who doesn't believe in him for comedy relief definitely didn't help. At least Rio has a likable personality, so far isn't forgettable and is not in love with a main lead, which I really hope stays that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    I was disappointed myself as well after you told me that there was going to be a Number Card. Still, it didn't hinder me enjoying the episode and I'm not bothered by it since translators are bound to make mistakes and that's just human of them. You don't need to feel bad about misinforming me over something so small. I recall Gilag saying that the entire reason he even set up the duel was to check Rio's weak point. Judging by how Rio only used... 8 cards(?) with well executed strategies, I don't think that Gilag could have found much of anything. He did at least see her potential. It can be argued that if Gilag wanted to find a weak point so badly, he could have just seen her duel somebody during break, but I disagree because they whoever they are wouldn't show off her full potential.
    It was kind of disappointing, but didn't ruin the episode for me either. I don't know if the translators made a mistake, but that's certainly possible. As for Gilag, while he might have wanted to say that he wanted to test Rio, I still think that his plans aren't that thought-out when he's just doing the same thing over and over again. Not to mention I'm still not sure how seriously I'm suppose to take him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    I thought it was silly as well, but it really didn't bother me and there are people in this world who aren't afraid of fire but are afraid of small animals like snakes, so I found it to be realistic. Regarding a duel with Cat-chan possibly happening... I honestly can't see it unless Cat-chan was affected by the Barian Rank Up card, but if that ever happened, I'm sure Yuma would be the one doing the dueling instead of Rio, which, whom, by the way, hasn't interacted with Cat-chan at all in this episode. She was actually mute the entire time, which is reasonable since Rio is a new person that she hasn't dueled yet to feel comfortable around. I also wish that Rio doesn't become bland and that she'll become more likable over time the more she duels and affects the plot.
    Being afraid of snakes at least sounds reasonable given how some of their poison can be fatal. So, unless Rio had a really traumatic experience with cats, which I doubt, I don't think it's as reasonable/understandable compared to being afraid to something like snakes. Besides that, it was just something thrown in at the end to make Rio look cuter and end the episode with a gag. Cathy having Rank Up would be ridiculous, although it would still have the same amount of thought that Gilag usually puts in his plans, but I still don't think it happening either. Cathy doesn't have much of a role in this show anyway, so I don't think being mute is that surprising.

    As for Alit's crush on Kotori, I don't really have much hope for that to be handled well. From what I've heard about the episode, I think it's just suppose to be funny for the villain to have a crush on Kotori, especially when he got mad at Gilag for not accomplishing anything just before he ran into Kotori, and this isn't the first time we've had a boy develop a crush on her either. The kid with the construction deck and the guy with the tomato deck also instantly developed a crush on Kotori. Even though this is a villain, I don't expect this to be handled significantly different, especially when Alit is suppose to duel Yuma not because of his Number cards, but for Kotori's heart with Yuma, most likely, being oblivious as to what is really going on. So, from the sound of it, it's more along the lines of Judai dueling that tennis guy in GX for Asuka, except with villain as opposed to a boring one-shot character. Still, the fact that Alit instantly develops a crush on Kotori and duels for her heart continues to make me wonder how much of a threat these Barian villains are and if I'm suppose to take them seriously at this point.

  15. #375
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew
    As for Alit's crush on Kotori, I don't really have much hope for that to be handled well. From what I've heard about the episode, I think it's just suppose to be funny for the villain to have a crush on Kotori, especially when he got mad at Gilag for not accomplishing anything just before he ran into Kotori, and this isn't the first time we've had a boy develop a crush on her either.
    Where did you hear this? All I've seen are summaries saying Alit-sama has a crush on Kotori, which sounds adorable considering he's the first boy in the series to develop a crush on a main girl. I don't see the problem in this anyway, it's like y'know, character development.

    The kid with the construction deck and the guy with the tomato deck also instantly developed a crush on Kotori. Even though this is a villain, I don't expect this to be handled significantly different, especially when Alit is suppose to duel Yuma not because of his Number cards, but for Kotori's heart with Yuma, most likely, being oblivious as to what is really going on.
    Again, I fail to see the issue with this. It sounds cute and entertaining. I'm sure he'll get more serious as the series goes on, just right now this seems like a good start.

    So, from the sound of it, it's more along the lines of Judai dueling that tennis guy in GX for Asuka, except with villain as opposed to a boring one-shot character. Still, the fact that Alit instantly develops a crush on Kotori and duels for her heart continues to make me wonder how much of a threat these Barian villains are and if I'm suppose to take them seriously at this point.
    We haven't seen the episode so I think it's a tad presumptuous to assume they won't be a threat. Alit-sama has a crush on her, which can be called 'love at first sight' and I don't think one person's judge of character can really show the rest. Misael sounds serious and menacing, as does Durbe. Gilag and Alit-sama seem to be a tad more 'goofy' so to speak, but I don't think this messes up their character. I assume they'll have more development plot-wise later anyway.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •