Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Page 24

Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Rei does look adorable. And I think he'll be really interesting too, based on that tiny bit he was shown in episode 2. I can't wait to see what his deck is going to be like.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    You know , I knew the Yuma will win the Dual in Episode 2.
    I just don't wanted Astral to show up and give Yuma the winning formula.
    Well, they couldn't have Yuma lose the first duel of the new season, especially when Astral would have died and they wouldn't have been able to bring him back most likely.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    You know , I knew the Yuma will win the Dual in Episode 2.
    I just don't wanted Astral to show up and give Yuma the winning formula.
    Well, they couldn't have Yuma lose the first duel of the new season, especially when Astral would have died and they wouldn't have been able to bring him back most likely.

You know
    Now I really want Barrian World to take Astral away So Yuma has to Dual all other Barrian World Dualist with his own Power in order to rescue Astral.
    Like When Atem got corrupted and lose a Dual So Yugi had to sacrifice himself to save Atem's Soul.
    Ya , Just in Reverse !
    I wonder if Yuma & Astral will have a Dual at the final episode like Yugi & Atem.
    Well The Problem is that Atem was the best Dualist when Yugi Dual him.
    But In Zexal , Kite is the Strongest Dualist.
    Or May be , Yuma will Dual kite again and win with his Own Power which show Astral that Yuma no longer need Astral's direction. (May be thats why Yuma lose the 1st season finale Dual)
    I really wish for this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore
    You know
    Now I really want Barrian World to take Astral away So Yuma has to Dual all other Barrian World Dualist with his own Power in order to rescue Astral.
    Like When Atem got corrupted and lose a Dual So Yugi had to sacrifice himself to save Atem's Soul.
    Ya , Just in Reverse !
    While that does sound potentially interesting, I don't think that they're going to go that route. They've gone out of their way to show that Yuma still needs to rely on Astral's power/advice when facing really powerful opponents and I couldn't see them putting Yuma in really important duels with having Hope to play over and over again. Even Yuma's friends, who have done nothing but cheer for him in the later half of the WDC arc, thought it was really bad that Yuma was dueling by himself, so I don't think that the writers are going to separate them until the end of the series.

I wonder if Yuma & Astral will have a Dual at the final episode like Yugi & Atem.
    Or May be , Yuma will Dual kite again and win with his Own Power which show Astral that Yuma no longer need Astral's direction. (May be thats why Yuma lose the 1st season finale Dual)
    I could easily see them going for a Yuma vs. Astral as the final match of the series, especially if they wanted to go for a Ceremonial Duel vibe/reference for the final match. Although, I don't think that duel would be nearly as compelling for me as Yugi vs. Atem was mainly due to how the relationship between Yuma and Astral has been handled so poorly. There were a couple of moments in this episode that I did genuinely like and the flashback Yuma had regarding Astral during his match against III was good too, even though I think we should have seen that moment outside of a flashback too, but the writing behind their friendship is pretty poor in my opinion, especially compared to Yugi and Atem's friendship. Though, considering they ended the first season with Yuma losing to Kaito, I could see them using that for the final match. It probably depends on what happens to Astral once we reach the last few episodes of the series.

I completely forgot about this week's dub episode. They got to IV vs. Tetsuo and the class rep kid. I still think that IV's dub voice sounds a bit too old for him, especially when it sounded oddly older than V's dub voice, and he doesn't pull off the crazy moments that well, but it kind of grew on me a bit. V's dub voice wasn't that bad, but not that great either. III's voice was probably the best out of the three since it actually fit his character pretty well. Tron's dub voice was just painfully bad. It's just way too high-pitched and the focus more on the childishness of his voice, instead of combining childish with intimidation like his original voice does.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 17th October 2012 at 01:05 AM.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

So I watched episode 76 and I was very pleased~ Rei looks like a promising character. I can't wait to see what his deck is.

Although I wish that the other Barians would come so Gilag, who's pretty boring in my opinion, wouldn't have to be the only one shown the whole time.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Rei is adorable, and I already like him a lot. XD

I know that some major stuff will likely happen with him, and I look forward to seeing it. I do wish that Gilag weren't so dull, though. If you asked me to describe his personality, I'm not sure I could do it. I'd like him to get soundly defeated and then let the plot move past him, personally.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Gilag = Typical villain talk + impatience

Yeah, same. I cannot wait for Alit-sama to show up, that'll be exciting for sure!

I wonder if Rei could be a messanger from the Astral World. I know there has been talk about him perhaps being a Barian person, but I could see him as an Astral one. if that made any sense

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

I don't think that Gilag is dull. How he got past those henchmen and took that punch in the face like as if it was nothing was pretty cool and entertaining in my eyes. I'm sure that he'll get some depth soon. Regarding Rei, he's coming off to me as the typical happy go lucky kid that always thinks positive and spends quality time with the main protagonist. Similarly to Kotetsu from Pokemon BW2! who also has some questionable positions with the main protagonist I think that both Gilag and Rei have the potential. It's totally up to writers if they want to use it or not. Rei so far is looking to be pointless to the plot, and we have enough supporting characters already. Rei does support Yuma differently, though xD I'm sure that Rei will have the chance to be more likeable. So I'll take Gilag, the cool and strong villain over him for now. nobody mess with my Gilag-sama you hear?!!?!@!@!@!

Did anyone find it to be... odd how when Yuma fell after he won the one of the most tension filled duel regarding drawing cards that Rei ran faster than Kotori to pick him up? XD

I think that Gilag is rather dull at the moment. There's nothing about him that really stands out to me compared to other villains and he just isn't that interesting. That could change later on, but right now, he doesn't do much for me. I'm not sure if I'd take Rei over him though. I don't dislike him, but I don't like him either. He's just the typical really positive kid who likes the main character way too much and we do have too many supporting characters whose lives revolve around Yuma anyway. Having his own catchphrase when Yuma's catchphrase already annoys me doesn't help either. Also, his D-Gazer is one of the most ridiculous things that I've ever seen in this show and that's saying a lot when D-Gazers are already a pretty stupid gimmick for the show. I still think he might be a villain, although being a messenger from the Astral world in human form could be a possibility, especially with his hair design.

I wasn't really impressed with the duel itself. When it basically became causing damage through the new monsters' effects until Hope Ray could save the day, I was pretty bored. Cutting to Kotori, Tetsuo and Rei crying out Yuma's name every few minutes also didn't help me feel more engaged in the duel. Plus, Yuma getting down to one hundred life points is just so old at this point. This might be a nitpick issue, but it's just bothers me how often they make Yuma get to one hundred life points before he wins the duel. I understand that they're doing that to create tension and main characters winning with low life points have happened in every series, but getting Yuma to one hundred life points in so many duels just robs of whatever tension it could have had. Maybe if they saved that for facing major villains and rivals, like they usually did in the other series, then it could work, but as it is, it's just annoying and dull.

Though, I did like when he summoned a Number card that wasn't Hope without a random effect from a Field Spell forcing him to, at least until it didn't do anything except being destroyed. Using four cards to summon it did also feel like a waste of a hand. I could live with Hope/Hope Ray winning the duels if other Number cards actually did something before being destroyed. Still, I guess that could be considered progress. I still don't really like the humor in this series, especially at the beginning and the ending with Rei dragging Yuma around. It just usually comes off as too forced or too cartoonish for my tastes. Some shows can balance out the humor and serious moments so that they both work, but I don't think Zexal is one of them. The whole episode, while not really bad, just kind of left a "meh" feeling for me at the end. I think that the next episode is about the class rep kid, which I'm not too eager to see when the chances are good that it will be filler and it probably won't change how much of a pointless/unnecessary character he is for me.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 22nd October 2012 at 03:43 PM.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    nobody mess with my Gilag-sama you hear?!!?!@!@!@!
    XD

Did anyone find it to be... odd how when Yuma fell after he won the one of the most tension filled duel regarding drawing cards that Rei ran faster than Kotori to pick him up? XD
    I also thought that was oddly amusing. XD

As for the duel, I thought the whole episode was kind of odd as a whole. For some reason I barely noticed the music in it. The next episode seems a tad dull, but I really just wanna get it over with and see episode 78. Rio should be getting out of the hospital in that episode and that seems exciting to me.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    You know
    Ya , Just in Reverse !
    While that does sound potentially interesting, I don't think that they're going to go that route. They've gone out of their way to show that Yuma still needs to rely on Astral's power/advice when facing really powerful opponents and I couldn't see them putting Yuma in really important duels with having Hope to play over and over again. Even Yuma's friends, who have done nothing but cheer for him in the later half of the WDC arc, thought it was really bad that Yuma was dueling by himself, so I don't think that the writers are going to separate them until the end of the series.

I could easily see them going for a Yuma vs. Astral as the final match of the series, especially if they wanted to go for a Ceremonial Duel vibe/reference for the final match. Although, I don't think that duel would be nearly as compelling for me as Yugi vs. Atem was mainly due to how the relationship between Yuma and Astral has been handled so poorly. There were a couple of moments in this episode that I did genuinely like and the flashback Yuma had regarding Astral during his match against III was good too, even though I think we should have seen that moment outside of a flashback too, but the writing behind their friendship is pretty poor in my opinion, especially compared to Yugi and Atem's friendship. Though, considering they ended the first season with Yuma losing to Kaito, I could see them using that for the final match. It probably depends on what happens to Astral once we reach the last few episodes of the series.

I completely forgot about this week's dub episode. They got to IV vs. Tetsuo and the class rep kid. I still think that IV's dub voice sounds a bit too old for him, especially when it sounded oddly older than V's dub voice, and he doesn't pull off the crazy moments that well, but it kind of grew on me a bit. V's dub voice wasn't that bad, but not that great either. III's voice was probably the best out of the three since it actually fit his character pretty well. Tron's dub voice was just painfully bad. It's just way too high-pitched and the focus more on the childishness of his voice, instead of combining childish with intimidation like his original voice does.
    I have a better theory !
    What if Yuma beat Kite to assured Astral that he will be fine without him.
    Let imagine , After Barrian world is defected Astral can go back home.
    But he can't because he's worried about Yuma . Astral afraid that Yuma can't reach his dream without him.
    Yuma figure this out So he challenge Kite to dual without Astral help.
    He defected Kite in a way that Astral couldn't have imagine.
    He realize that Yuma grown enough to reach his goal on his own.
    So , He manage to leave Yuma and go back home.
    But no before having a warm moment with Yuma & his friend.
    After that , The Next day Yuma head to school.
    He thinks about his time with Astral and how he learn for him.
    He see his friend waiting for Him.
    There is a Music and Yuma decide to pass though any obstacle he face with the memory of Astral on his side
    Yuma then run toward them and Jump shouting ''Kattobingo orre'' !
    Zexal end and we learn about a new series with New Protagonist.

I have a better theory !
    What if Yuma beat Kite to assured Astral that he will be fine without him.
    Let imagine , After Barrian world is defected Astral can go back home.
    But he can't because he's worried about Yuma . Astral afraid that Yuma can't reach his dream without him.
    Yuma figure this out So he challenge Kite to dual without Astral help.
    He defected Kite in a way that Astral couldn't have imagine.
    He realize that Yuma grown enough to reach his goal on his own.
    So , He manage to leave Yuma and go back home.
    But no before having a warm moment with Yuma & his friend.
    After that , The Next day Yuma head to school.
    He thinks about his time with Astral and how he learn for him.
    He see his friend waiting for Him.
    There is a Music and Yuma decide to pass though any obstacle he face with the memory of Astral on his side
    Yuma then run toward them and Jump shouting ''Kattobingo orre'' !
    Zexal end and we learn about a new series with New Protagonist.
    I'm not sure. While seeing Yuma defeat Kaito without his help might make Astral feel like he's ready to be on his own, I think that they would rather go for a duel between the two of them as a way to show that they can separate. Plus, I can't really see Yuma being able to defeat Kaito without Hope/Hope Ray, especially when I think that the writers would want to have their two ace monsters battling each other again in their next duel. It would probably be near the end series and be their last chance to showcase the two monsters together, at least for awhile, so I don't think that they'd let that opportunity pass them by. Though, this does make me think of Yuma vs. Astral as a less emotionally engaging/meaningful version of the Ceremonial Duel, but I'm still leading towards that match as the final duel of the series and it might work if it does come down to it.

As for this week's episode, I thought that it was terrible. I had a feeling it would be just by the basic premise of it, but an episode focused on the class rep kid was still pretty bad. It didn't change how he's a boring and unnecessary character in the grand scheme of things. The duel was just bad, especially when he apparently could send a monster back into the player's hand if it violated the school dress code, and the Chaos Xyz was worse than the regular version of the Xyz monster. Having the Number Club get member cards also seemed kind of pointless when they haven't really done much as the Numbers Club, unless standing on the sidelines cheering for Yuma counts as something for their club. I don't even get a really strong friendship vibe with the group, but I think that's the result of the characters rarely interacting as a large group, outside of cheering for Yuma, and Yuma spends most of his time with primarily Kotori and sometimes Tetsuo. Everyone else is just there. I'm also beginning to question Gilag's plan. Giving Barian Powers to Fuma and that pro-duelist kind of made sense given that they were strong, or at least acted strong in Fuma's case, but handing out the power to random people in Yuma's school who don't seem like strong duelist is pretty stupid. I understand that they can't directly take Number cards and all that, but tossing around Barian Powers to different people and expecting different results isn't really the best strategy and it's already getting kind of old to see him use it. This was just a really weak filler episode and nothing could really save it for me.

At least Shark is dueling next week. Considering that he's my favorite character in Zexal and I'm eager to see more of Rio's personality, as well as her dueling skills later on, I'm hoping that it will be more engaging than the last couple of episodes have been.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 29th October 2012 at 02:19 PM.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Apparently, orbital 7 is getting a card.

Orbital 7 (card) - Yu-Gi-Oh!

So awesome...

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Looks like Rio Kamishiro finally made her appearance.

Sometime I'm just glad that Pokemon doesn't have a fixed heroin.

I thought that this episode was pretty good. It was far more entertaining than the last two episodes combined for me. Though, Shark getting more focus while Yuma is primarily in the background usually works for me anyway. Still, the duel was fairly decent, even though it went by a bit too fast and Shark winning with his Chaos Number was predictable, but it was still a nice bit of fresh air to have someone other than Yuma duel in this season. I kind of liked the moments between Rio and Shark, both in the present and in flashbacks, since I thought it made their relationship look nice. I do hope that there's some explanation about their rings or whatever caused that glow at some point. Rio herself comes off as a pretty cool character. She seems to have a cold demeanor during duels, but is sweet off the field. That already makes her cooler than all of the other female characters in this show in my opinion.

I'm quite eager to see Rio duel in the next episode. I think she's suppose to duel someone with a Number card, as well as those Barian Powers. If that's the case, then I seriously hope that the duel is good and shows off her skills. Despite this franchise's treatment of female characters in past and present series, I do hope that Rio is handled decently. They seem to want to hype her up right from the start and she is introduced fairly late into the series, so hopefully being a tough duelist isn't going to be ignored/forgotten by a certain point like what happened to Aki and to a lesser extent Sherry in 5D's.

Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast