Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Page 23

Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 954
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

  1. #331
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post

    Oh yes~! I'm looking forward to see how these villains will torture our dear protagonists' minds :3.

    you fall in love with EVERY boy that you see :p (points to himself X3)
    I don't mind if they do, as long as I get to see Alit-sama~ <3 But seriously, I wonder when he'll transfer into Yuma's school. I heard his voice and he doesn't sound 13, but, eh. I guess Yuma doesn't either.

    B-baka, do not! I only love Kaito-sama and Alit-sama. XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    I don't know why they're even hiding her face. I'm pretty sure that it's to make her look interesting and mysterious, but they already showed her face in one of the previews xD

    Derp on their part. O_o I don't get why it'd be a big deal anyway. It was gonna happen at some point anyway.
    HumanDawn likes this.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  2. #332
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,097
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post
    I don't mind if they do, as long as I get to see Alit-sama~ <3 But seriously, I wonder when he'll transfer into Yuma's school. I heard his voice and he doesn't sound 13, but, eh. I guess Yuma doesn't either.

    B-baka, do not! I only love Kaito-sama and Alit-sama. XD
    I think it's episode 3, when Rei Shingetsu debuts. Apparently, Rei goes after Yuma, and then goes after Alit when he shows up, making Yuma jealous. new shipping alert!

    oh ok :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post
    on their part. O_o I don't get why it'd be a big deal anyway. It was gonna happen at some point anyway.
    You could say the same thing to the villains xD. I think it hypes them up more. This is the Rio picture they showed:



    Why they're trying to hide her face in the opening and ending puzzles me.

  3. #333
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    FANFIC IDEA, I NEED TO MAKE ONE OMFG, Alit-sama shows up in episode 3?! NEXT WEEK!? I am so excited~ <3

    Touche. *nods* At the very least, the ending has an excuse to not show her face since she has her helmet on. XD Isn't she gonna show her face in like, episode 5 or 6?

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  4. #334
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,097
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post
    FANFIC IDEA, I NEED TO MAKE ONE OMFG, Alit-sama shows up in episode 3?! NEXT WEEK!? I am so excited~ <3
    *And a half.

    Oh yeah, there is going to be some crazy Yuma X Rei shipping xD.

    Yuma's just a huge lovemagnet xD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post
    . *nods* At the very least, the ending has an excuse to not show her face since she has her helmet on. XD Isn't she gonna show her face in like, episode 5 or 6?
    5.

    "Shark's Rage! Save the Captured Lil' Sister". Something like that.

  5. #335
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    I like where this is going~ It could be some love triangle of Yuma x Rei x Alit-sama. X3

    Oh cool~ I wanna see. So she gets kidnapped already? OH, OH, what if she gets kidnapped but duels her way out of her captivity LIKE A BOSS. I wanna see what her deck theme is.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  6. #336
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,097
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post
    I like where this is going~ It could be some love triangle of Yuma x Rei x Alit-sama. X3
    It won't be as epic as Carly's with Jack :P.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio Kamishiro View Post
    Oh cool~ I wanna see. So she gets kidnapped already? OH, OH, what if she gets kidnapped but duels her way out of her captivity LIKE A BOSS. I wanna see what her deck theme is.
    Her kidnapping is a bit bothersome. Mostly because it's been already done with Kotori and Yuma's other friends, but since this one should affect the plot and lead to something it's not bothering me as much. We'll see how it goes. I'm thinking that it's Shark's turn to duel against somebody under Chaos control now. After that, we might get a duel with Kaito. Everything is looking to be interesting and exciting so far.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 10th October 2012 at 12:25 PM.

  7. #337
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,213

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    I'm getting really tired and uninterested of this Team Taiyou discussion. I already know that you'll disagree with me anyway, and I can already predict your counter argument too. We'll just be going in circles, so it would be best to stop it and have something new to discuss. Feel free to counter and bring up the points I know you will bring up. Just know that I won't bother to respond about those parts since I really hate repeating myself. We didn't get to page 22 from when we both started posting in page 4 with the same discussion. The reason why it took me so long to respond was because of my lack of interest. I didn't want to waste your time repeating anyway.
    Even though I like Team Taiyo and discussing 5D's, I honestly agree. I respect your opinions on the matter, although I still pretty much disagree with most of it, and we are just going to go around in circles, which will make the discussion feel kind of tedious and it will take me like an hour to cover everything anyway, so let's just agree to disagree. I'm perfectly fine with doing that if it's okay with you and if feel that uninterested in a discussion like that in the future, then you don't have to reply back. I'm fine with ending discussions like that with just agreeing to disagree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    It's mostly due to the show having more male characters. Yu-Gi-Oh! is aimed at males more, so that's where the advertising happens. It's also one of the reasons why we haven't had a main female protagonist yet. What do you think if they made a main female protagonist, Hidden Mew? Speaking of females, I'm glad that there's finally somebody that is being affected by the Number Cards' dark powers. I didn't expect it to be Rio, but it makes sense since she's Shark twin sister. I recall us having a discussion about how cool it would be to have a female character affected by the Number Cards'
    Yeah, that's probably why I don't know if I'd consider the show to be against sexism per say. I think that the idea of a main female protagonist sounds kind of interesting, although I'm kind of afraid that if it ever did happen, she would be used for even more fanservice than the other female characters have. Though, considering that Yu-Gi-Oh! is aimed at boys and people usually believe that a female lead means that the show is meant for girls, despite how that's not always the case, it most likely isn't going to happen. I didn't think that Rio was affected by any Number Card. I thought that it was the Barian powers used by that villain, whose name escapes me at the moment, since Shark felt something despite not being under the influence of a Number card.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    [SPOILER]Those six episodes could have been better spent developing the story and the other characters. I thought he was a huge Yusei fan since he was willing to alter his appearance, but wanting to become a hero to save the world kind of works in that regard. I'm not sure why Yusei was the best example of a hero for Z-One had either, especially when most of his heroic acts, like during the Dark Signer arc, weren't widely known, but maybe he did something really special/important in Z-One's timeline.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    DM's episode count isn't a bother to me since I could just skip the dull, horribly written and overlyexaggerated arcs and get to the good stuff quickly. To me, the Virtual World arc never happened. I've decided to start watching GX again. Wow, it's boring me to tears like it first did. The duels are boring, the "comedy" is strange, Judai was his unrealistically overly optimistic self, and many of the characters feel too flat and one dimensional. Being entertained by the quality of the first Zexal II episode made me think that I was too spoiled with it's amazing writing, animation, music, characters and feel that I now can't watch and enjoy an episode of any Yu-Gi-Oh! saga unless it has "Zexal" written next to it. Not a single episode of 5Ds entertained me more than the first episode of Zexal II. Honestly, it blew my mind. I'll post my review of it when the second episode is out.
    I actually kind of like the Virtual World arc. Interrupting the Battle City finals was kind of annoying, but I thought it got more interesting after the Big Five were defeated and I think it was made so that the author of the manga could have more time to finish it up. Although, the DOMA saga is my favorite arc and easily the best of the DM filler arcs. Just replace Judai with Yuma and refer to the comedy as bad and I think your complaints about GX mirror how I feel about Zexal as a whole. I thought that the duels in GX were usually pretty decent. There were some dull ones, especially in the first half of the first season, but I don't think that there were a lot of those in the series as a whole. The comedy wasn't really one of the highlights for me either, but at least it didn't try way too hard to be funny like I think Zexal has done in the past. I honestly think that Judai was a fairly realistic teenager, at least during the first couple of season before the Supreme King stuff happened. He was optimistic and at times, his positive attitude did annoy me, but he felt like some of the teenage boys I remember in the sense that they didn't care for school, liked to play games more and cared about their friends. Besides that, I think that Yuma is much more like an unrealistic lead, even if his attitude is important for the storyline. As for the characters, there are some pretty dull ones. Asuka and Rei come to mind since they had pretty flat personalities, although at least Asuka had some potential at the beginning. Even so, I honestly could care much more about the majority of the main cast in GX than I can with Zexal. At least a decent portion had some fleshed out personalities, although not nearly as much as they could have if Judai didn't have so much screentime, and their entire world didn't revolve around Judai, which I don't think can be said for most of Yuma's friends. I've been rewatching GX for awhile and while it does have its fair share of problems, I still have much more fun watching those episodes than I have with Zexal.

    I also don't think that the start of the new season was that great. It wasn't terrible and it did a good job setting up the conflict, but it didn't impress me that much. I'd still gladly watch any DM, GX or 5D's over Zexal if given the choice. To Zexal's credit, I will say that its basic storyline is pretty good and interesting and that it does have a better focus on its objective than at least the pre-WRGP arc in 5D's. The main reasons why Zexal still doesn't work for me are the annoying lead character, the incredibly dull main/supporting characters, the poor writing, the pacing issues, although I think that has improved a bit since the series started, and most of the duels just not being good. Not every duel is terrible, but a lot of them just leave me feeling "meh" by the end.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    By the way, I'm planning on continuing the discussion that we dropped when you said that you didn't feel like coming back to this thread again because there were many points that I wanted to clarify. I'm sure that this thread wouldn't have gotten 22 pages if it weren't for you.
    If you'd like to do so, then that's fine with me. I'm not sure if I'm the reason for this thread to get to twenty-two pages, but I think it's nice that you believe that's the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    I don't know why they're even hiding her face. I'm pretty sure that it's to make her look interesting and mysterious, but they already showed her face in one of the previews xD
    I'm not sure why they're hiding her face either when they already revealed it a couple of weeks before the new season started. They probably want to just hype her up as mysterious from the start.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    Her kidnapping is a bit bothersome. Mostly because it's been already done with Kotori and Yuma's other friends, but since this one should affect the plot and lead to something it's not bothering me as much. We'll see how it goes. I'm thinking that it's Shark's turn to duel against somebody under Chaos control now. After that, we might get a duel with Kaito. Everything is looking to be interesting and exciting so far.
    I'm just hoping that Rio's importance to the plot won't just be through her relationship with Shark and that something like her being under the control of Barian powers doesn't happen. I'm not sure if that episode will lead to Shark dueling against someone with a Barian powered Chaos Xyz, but that would be kind of cool.
    HumanDawn likes this.

  8. #338
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    It won't be as epic as Carly's with Jack :P.
    Of course not~

    Her kidnapping is a bit bothersome. Mostly because it's been already done with Kotori and Yuma's other friends, but since this one should affect the plot and lead to something it's not bothering me as much. We'll see how it goes. I'm thinking that it's Shark's turn to duel against somebody under Chaos control now. After that, we might get a duel with Kaito. Everything is looking to be interesting and exciting so far.
    Ohhh, I wanna see how Shark takes a duel. I mean, surely it'll be good if he's dueling... I just hope he isn't going to surrender to the darkness again somehow like the little wimp he is. KAITO-SAMA, AHHH! I wanna see what he'll do now! I have so much excitement.
    HumanDawn likes this.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  9. #339
    king of hearts Squall Leonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    balamb garden
    Posts
    1,717

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    I actually liked when Shark surrendered to the darkness and hopes he somehow does again, but I don't mind if he doesn't. Anyway, I'm really excited for the upcoming episodes. I wanna know more about the Barian people, and I wanna see more of Shark~
    HumanDawn likes this.

  10. #340
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,097
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Even though I like Team Taiyo and discussing 5D's, I honestly agree. I respect your opinions on the matter, although I still pretty much disagree with most of it, and we are just going to go around in circles, which will make the discussion feel kind of tedious and it will take me like an hour to cover everything anyway, so let's just agree to disagree. I'm perfectly fine with doing that if it's okay with you and if feel that uninterested in a discussion like that in the future, then you don't have to reply back. I'm fine with ending discussions like that with just agreeing to disagree.
    Yeah. My aim in discussions is to have fun, not change people's opinions. Once the fun goes away and the debate goes on, it gets really tiring and makes me look like I have some superiority complex "enforcing" the same views over and over.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Yeah, that's probably why I don't know if I'd consider the show to be against sexism per say. I think that the idea of a main female protagonist sounds kind of interesting, although I'm kind of afraid that if it ever did happen, she would be used for even more fanservice than the other female characters have. Though, considering that Yu-Gi-Oh! is aimed at boys and people usually believe that a female lead means that the show is meant for girls, despite how that's not always the case, it most likely isn't going to happen. I didn't think that Rio was affected by any Number Card. I thought that it was the Barian powers used by that villain, whose name escapes me at the moment, since Shark felt something despite not being under the influence of a Number card.
    I'd personally love the female protagonist to be a tomboy. I'm worried about it being focused on fanservice as well, but knowing the writers I'm sure that they know when they over do it. It's no big deal to me if there wasn't ever a main female protagonist. I just think that it would be kind of cool since it would let the writers experiment on new things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post


    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I actually kind of like the Virtual World arc. Interrupting the Battle City finals was kind of annoying, but I thought it got more interesting after the Big Five were defeated and I think it was made so that the author of the manga could have more time to finish it up. Although, the DOMA saga is my favorite arc and easily the best of the DM filler arcs. Just replace Judai with Yuma and refer to the comedy as bad and I think your complaints about GX mirror how I feel about Zexal as a whole. I thought that the duels in GX were usually pretty decent. There were some dull ones, especially in the first half of the first season, but I don't think that there were a lot of those in the series as a whole. The comedy wasn't really one of the highlights for me either, but at least it didn't try way too hard to be funny like I think Zexal has done in the past. I honestly think that Judai was a fairly realistic teenager, at least during the first couple of season before the Supreme King stuff happened. He was optimistic and at times, his positive attitude did annoy me, but he felt like some of the teenage boys I remember in the sense that they didn't care for school, liked to play games more and cared about their friends. Besides that, I think that Yuma is much more like an unrealistic lead, even if his attitude is important for the storyline. As for the characters, there are some pretty dull ones. Asuka and Rei come to mind since they had pretty flat personalities, although at least Asuka had some potential at the beginning. Even so, I honestly could care much more about the majority of the main cast in GX than I can with Zexal. At least a decent portion had some fleshed out personalities, although not nearly as much as they could have if Judai didn't have so much screentime, and their entire world didn't revolve around Judai, which I don't think can be said for most of Yuma's friends. I've been rewatching GX for awhile and while it does have its fair share of problems, I still have much more fun watching those episodes than I have with Zexal.

    I also don't think that the start of the new season was that great. It wasn't terrible and it did a good job setting up the conflict, but it didn't impress me that much. I'd still gladly watch any DM, GX or 5D's over Zexal if given the choice. To Zexal's credit, I will say that its basic storyline is pretty good and interesting and that it does have a better focus on its objective than at least the pre-WRGP arc in 5D's. The main reasons why Zexal still doesn't work for me are the annoying lead character, the incredibly dull main/supporting characters, the poor writing, the pacing issues, although I think that has improved a bit since the series started, and most of the duels just not being good. Not every duel is terrible, but a lot of them just leave me feeling "meh" by the end.
    The Virtual World arc sounded great on paper, but turned out to be too exaggerated and insane for my tastes. I remember questioning my sanity when I first watched it xD. And uhh... I'll need to jog my memory on GX once I watch more of it. I wouldn't have rewatched 5Ds again if it weren't for Zexal. After I finished 5Ds last year, I forgot to start Zexal xD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    If you'd like to do so, then that's fine with me. I'm not sure if I'm the reason for this thread to get to twenty-two pages, but I think it's nice that you believe that's the case.
    Your feelings came first at that time. I wanted to respond to what you said quickly since discussing about this show came second. You're fairly active in this thread with your discussion, so it's no surprise that it reached 22 pages. I wish it had more, but the other Zexal fans rarely discuss the show here.

  11. #341
    Prince of Renais FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,743
    Blog Entries
    51

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    I usually don't have much to add other than just gushing over the show in general. And Tron. ^^;

  12. #342
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,097
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    I usually don't have much to add other than just gushing over the show in general. And Tron. ^^;
    The little discussion we had about Zexal in Skype through Voice Chat was pretty fun. For some reason, I feel the most comfortable when I'm talking with you on Skype xD. You have the sweetest voice... It's waayyy more fun with Voice Chat. I'd love to discuss Zexal through Voice Chat with you, but since you never come on we never discuss it ;P. and ffs you just finished your midterms xD

  13. #343
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,213

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Yeah. My aim in discussions is to have fun, not change people's opinions. Once the fun goes away and the debate goes on, it gets really tiring and makes me look like I have some superiority complex "enforcing" the same views over and over.
    I can understand that. I'm just trying to express my opinions, while having fun and respecting other people's point of view. I've been in other discussions that go around in circles and it definitely can get really tiring after awhile, so I never have a problem stopping the discussion if anyone feels like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    I'd personally love the female protagonist to be a tomboy. I'm worried about it being focused on fanservice as well, but knowing the writers I'm sure that they know when they over do it. It's no big deal to me if there wasn't ever a main female protagonist. I just think that it would be kind of cool since it would let the writers experiment on new things.
    A female protagonist being a tomboy could be interesting. I don't know if they'd know when they're over doing it with the fanservice given how the last few female characters have turned out. I don't mind that there isn't a female protagonist either. It could be an interesting approach to a new series, but it's most likely isn't going to happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human


    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    The Virtual World arc sounded great on paper, but turned out to be too exaggerated and insane for my tastes. I remember questioning my sanity when I first watched it xD. And uhh... I'll need to jog my memory on GX once I watch more of it. I wouldn't have rewatched 5Ds again if it weren't for Zexal. After I finished 5Ds last year, I forgot to start Zexal xD.
    I didn't think that Virtual World arc was that bad. I still don't think it was really good until after the duels against the Big Five and exploring Kaiba's past was pretty interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    Your feelings came first at that time. I wanted to respond to what you said quickly since discussing about this show came second. You're fairly active in this thread with your discussion, so it's no surprise that it reached 22 pages. I wish it had more, but the other Zexal fans rarely discuss the show here.
    I really appreciate the consideration for my feelings. That was nice of you. Despite not liking the show at all, I tend to have quite a bit to say about it and the new episodes. I'm kind of surprised that I am this active in this thread at times.
    HumanDawn likes this.

  14. #344
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    You know , I knew the Yuma will win the Dual in Episode 2.
    I just don't wanted Astral to show up and give Yuma the winning formula.

  15. #345
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    I usually don't have much to add other than just gushing over the show in general. And Tron. ^^;
    Well, that's something. XD It's still discussing the show, even if it is just gushing over it and certain characters. XD

    Now then, I'm really excited for episode 3 of Zexal II~ Rei looks cute.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •