Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Page 21

Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 954
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

  1. #301
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,232

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    [The point of the match was to give Kaito a new passion to duel. It also made for being a good build up to their inevitable next duel at the end of the series. It would make Yuma's progression feel like he came a long way struggling to battle all the villains. I never really got the wish stuff. It's not as if Dr. Faker had any magic to use to grant wishes like a genie.
    I know that was the point of the match for at least Kaito, but I'm still not sure if it was really necessary in the long run. Though, this was a better duel to end the season on than the Dr. Faker match, so I'm okay with it. I think that Mr. Heartland was suppose to grant the winner's wish, but since he's stuck in the Astral World/possibly dead for the time being, he can't really do that. I guess they wanted to take care of the wish now as opposed to later, but I think that could have been handled better or at least he thought about using it to find his parents.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    Yeah, I have that same strong feeling as well. It wouldn't have involved Kaito regretting all the pain and people he had to make through, though.
    That guilt has been pretty much ignored after Kaito's debut episode anyway, so I wasn't surprised that it didn't come up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    True, but I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Kaito a villain to deal with. The 5 shady villains might be battling one main character each. There's tons of potential for Kaito.
    I'm sure that they'll give Kaito a villain to deal with, especially when Yuma facing against all five would be way too much. I don't know if that means that there's still a ton of potential for Kaito, especially when that new villain could threaten Haruto in some way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    It was for comedy relief and tension? What tension and comedy could be caused by Yuma simply sleeping? "Oh no he's sleeping!" didn't look comedic. I personally just thought that it was a sweet and relaxing moment that after that much duelling he'd rest, opening the gates and energy for the second season. The hero resting after many hard battles is underused in stories. Seeing him catching a well earned break made me relax and think of the own personal stuff I have to face through in real life. It was a bit compelling too.
    The tension was from how everyone freaked out for a moment, even with Kotori crying a little, thinking something was wrong with Yuma and the comedy came from how he was just sleeping and then shouting out his catchphrase yet again in his sleep. Yuma sleeping after so many duels didn't really come off as compelling to me at all. They could have shown an image of Yuma sleeping at home instead if they wanted to let him rest up for the second season. Honestly, none of the characters in Zexal have made me think of anything I've gone through in my life. The only characters that have reminded me of my personal stuff and personality in general have been Sho with his confidence issues and relationship with his brother and Carly for the socially awkward/nervous aspect of her personality. It's nice that the moment was really compelling for you, but it didn't feel like that for me and I could have done without it.

  2. #302
    Registered User Sailor Tay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Gender
    Transgender
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    139
    Blog Entries
    1
    Follow Sailor Tay On Twitter

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    New Zexal fan here, although admittedly it took a second chance for me to warm up to it.

    I find it vastly superior to 5D's, which I thought was just ridiculous in a bad way. Oh I want to say that III is adorable :3
    Tweet me.

    10/22/11 - the day I came out as a transgender female. The next chapter of my life has begun...

  3. #303
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,100
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I think that Mr. Heartland was suppose to grant the winner's wish, but since he's stuck in the Astral World/possibly dead for the time being, he can't really do that. I guess they wanted to take care of the wish now as opposed to later, but I think that could have been handled better or at least he thought about using it to find his parents.
    Mr. Heartland is listed in the credits of Zexal Second, so we'll surely see him. I've never been this interested in seeing him again now that he's been sucked in that portal. Regarding Yuma's parents, I don't think that he forgot about them or that his wish could have been used to find more about his parents. As I've said, Dr. Faker and Mr. Heartland aren't genies.

    That guilt has been pretty much ignored after Kaito's debut episode anyway, so I wasn't surprised that it didn't come up. I'm sure that they'll give Kaito a villain to deal with, especially when Yuma facing against all five would be way too much. I don't know if that means that there's still a ton of potential for Kaito, especially when that new villain could threaten Haruto in some way.
    I'm getting tired of seeing Haruto being the kid in distress, so I hope that that doesn't happen. The new villain could temper with Kaito emotionally, which could lead to some interesting things to happen to Kaito.

    The tension was from how everyone freaked out for a moment, even with Kotori crying a little, thinking something was wrong with Yuma and the comedy came from how he was just sleeping and then shouting out his catchphrase yet again in his sleep. Yuma sleeping after so many duels didn't really come off as compelling to me at all. They could have shown an image of Yuma sleeping at home instead if they wanted to let him rest up for the second season.
    Oh, that? I didn't feel any tension or comedy. It was just Kotori overreacting. I've gotten too used to it to feel any tension. If Yuma was shown to sleep at his house, it would have lost its sweetness factor.

    Honestly, none of the characters in Zexal have made me think of anything I've gone through in my life. The only characters that have reminded me of my personal stuff and personality in general have been Sho with his confidence issues and relationship with his brother and Carly for the socially awkward/nervous aspect of her personality. It's nice that the moment was really compelling for you, but it didn't feel like that for me and I could have done without it.
    Carly reminds me a lot of myself too. Yuma and Astral do as well.
    @Sailor Tay; Ahh so that's why you sent me a friendship request.

    New Zexal fan here, although admittedly it took a second chance for me to warm up to it.

    I find it vastly superior to 5D's, which I thought was just ridiculous in a bad way. Oh I want to say that III is adorable :3
    It took me only one chance to be captivated by its brilliance. FinalArcadia got me into it when she hosted her Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Mafia in The War Room forum.

    Yeah, I find it to be vastly superior to 5D's as well. III's plot was great and compelling. Seeing him do what he did was really brave.

  4. #304
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,232

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Mr. Heartland is listed in the credits of Zexal Second, so we'll surely see him. I've never been this interested in seeing him again now that he's been sucked in that portal. Regarding Yuma's parents, I don't think that he forgot about them or that his wish could have been used to find more about his parents. As I've said, Dr. Faker and Mr. Heartland aren't genies.
    I never doubted that Mr. Heartland would appear again. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be the final villain out of nowhere like Darkness was for GX. I think that he could have forgotten about his parents. It isn't uncommon for Yuma to forget really important stuff and his motivation for his tournament hasn't been handled that well in my opinion. I know that Dr. Faker and Mr. Heartland aren't genies and couldn't instantly bring back Yuma's parents, but Dr. Faker's amount of technology could at least be helpful in searching for a way to find Yuma's parents. After all, Dr. Faker knew he'd have to sacrifice Kazuma and Byron to get what he wanted before and he has access to technology that could help find them. It wouldn't happen instantly, especially when they're probably saving that for the end of the series anyway, and I would understand Yuma not wanting to get Dr. Faker to do that after his family reunion, although that felt pretty weak to me considering that Dr. Faker as a caring father still feels immensely forced, but Yuma didn't even think of his parents or considered using his wish to find out how he could find them. I probably wouldn't mind Yuma using his wish to duel Kaito as much as I do if his parents had come up at some point, but as far as I know, they didn't. They just acted like this arc was leading up to their confrontation and it really wasn't for me at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    I'm getting tired of seeing Haruto being the kid in distress, so I hope that that doesn't happen. The new villain could temper with Kaito emotionally, which could lead to some interesting things to happen to Kaito.
    I'm honestly kind of tired of Kaito screaming out "Haruto!", so I wouldn't mind if Kaito had some other kind of motivation to face the new villain. I really doubt that's going to happen considering how important Haruto is to Kaito's character. I don't know if anything could be done to make Kaito more interesting to me at this point, especially when he does kind of make me think of a much less interesting version of Kaiba at this point, but I wouldn't mind them exploring what else they could make him duel for beyond Haruto.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    Oh, that? I didn't feel any tension or comedy. It was just Kotori overreacting. I've gotten too used to it to feel any tension. If Yuma was shown to sleep at his house, it would have lost its sweetness factor.
    It wasn't just Kotori crying that created tension. It was everyone worrying about Yuma as they circled around them. It was brief, but I thought it was there all the same. I thought that at least the comedy was pretty obvious by the time Yuma said his catchphrase in his sleep. I don't know if there was really a sweetness factor to lose to begin with, but I think that the same point could have gotten across with Yuma resting for the new season at home.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    Carly reminds me a lot of myself too. Yuma and Astral do as well.
    Neither Yuma or Astral remind me about any aspect of my personality.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 27th September 2012 at 08:50 PM.

  5. #305
    Fluffy Waffles ProfOaked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    38
    Follow ProfOaked On Twitter
    Follow ProfOaked on Tumblr Visit ProfOaked's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Just saw the dubbed ep with Anna in it and was it just me or did see have very large boobs compared to the other girls Yuma's age XD Shocked 4kids did not jump on that. But yeah I'm enjoying it a lot more then I thought I would. Mostly excited for more plot to come though I know the current arc (dub) is canon but it just feels like a lot of fillers to me no idea why.

  6. #306
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,232

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by MayonakaSora View Post
    Just saw the dubbed ep with Anna in it and was it just me or did see have very large boobs compared to the other girls Yuma's age XD Shocked 4kids did not jump on that. But yeah I'm enjoying it a lot more then I thought I would. Mostly excited for more plot to come though I know the current arc (dub) is canon but it just feels like a lot of fillers to me no idea why.
    They did edit her breasts so that they weren't moving around just before she left and I think at the beginning of the episode, which I'm grateful for since that just made me feel really awkward. Filler isn't the same thing as being non-canon, but I understand what you're saying all the same. The first day of the preliminary round of the WDC does feel like mostly filler episodes to me as well. Aside from Yuma getting a heart piece and Anna appearing, nothing really important happens until IV shows up and considering all Anna has done since her debut was act as a shield for Yuma, I don't know how important she really is at this point. I still don't mind the idea of having some duels that aren't connected to the plot to give the audience a chance to breath and relax, but the problem for me was that these duels weren't that great and the one-shot characters ranged from being bland and forgettable to being completely jokes like that tomato duelist. It really felt like they were stalling the plot more so than giving the audience a chance to relax, which made watching those early WDC really difficult and annoying, especially when they certainly took their sweet time getting Yuma, the main character that takes up the bulk of screentime of this series, to get involved with the plot.

  7. #307
    Fluffy Waffles ProfOaked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    38
    Follow ProfOaked On Twitter
    Follow ProfOaked on Tumblr Visit ProfOaked's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MayonakaSora View Post
    Just saw the dubbed ep with Anna in it and was it just me or did see have very large boobs compared to the other girls Yuma's age XD Shocked 4kids did not jump on that. But yeah I'm enjoying it a lot more then I thought I would. Mostly excited for more plot to come though I know the current arc (dub) is canon but it just feels like a lot of fillers to me no idea why.
    They did edit her breasts so that they weren't moving around just before she left and I think at the beginning of the episode, which I'm grateful for since that just made me feel really awkward. Filler isn't the same thing as being non-canon, but I understand what you're saying all the same. The first day of the preliminary round of the WDC does feel like mostly filler episodes to me as well. Aside from Yuma getting a heart piece and Anna appearing, nothing really important happens until IV shows up and considering all Anna has done since her debut was act as a shield for Yuma, I don't know how important she really is at this point. I still don't mind the idea of having some duels that aren't connected to the plot to give the audience a chance to breath and relax, but the problem for me was that these duels weren't that great and the one-shot characters ranged from being bland and forgettable to being completely jokes like that tomato duelist. It really felt like they were stalling the plot more so than giving the audience a chance to relax, which made watching those early WDC really difficult and annoying, especially when they certainly took their sweet time getting Yuma, the main character that takes up the bulk of screentime of this series, to get involved with the plot.
    I was expecting something like the first qualifying round from Battle City. I really thought that tournament was the best out of all the Yugioh series tourneys.

    Geodude says get outta here bro!

  8. #308
    Prince of Renais FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,746
    Blog Entries
    51

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    The WDC gets really good after the Charlie episodes, though. I agree that it is slow initially with the one-time characters (especially that annoying construction worker kid), but after that, things move at a good pace, and it's my favorite tournament arc of the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise.

  9. #309
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,232

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by MayonakaSora View Post
    I was expecting something like the first qualifying round from Battle City. I really thought that tournament was the best out of all the Yugioh series tourneys.
    Something like the first qualifying round from Battle City would have been nice. Each duel for Yugi advanced the storyline a bit further and the bulk of Jonouchi's duels, if not all of them, had some pretty solid character development for him, so each duel served a purpose beyond getting a new locator card. With the WDC, I think that they just took far too long to get into plot related duels and the first few rounds really felt like one could skip them and not really miss anything important, which is honestly a terrible sign for any arc, let alone a tournament one. I didn't think that the tournament was going to be the best one. That would have been pretty tough to do with tournaments like Battle City and the Fortune Cup before it, but I think it could have been a lot better, especially at the start.

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia
    The WDC gets really good after the Charlie episodes, though. I agree that it is slow initially with the one-time characters (especially that annoying construction worker kid), but after that, things move at a good pace, and it's my favorite tournament arc of the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise.
    The first few episodes after the Charlie episodes are more interesting and Shark vs. III was one of the few duels in this series that I actually really liked. I didn't quite like the duel with the camera duelist or that tag match with Gauche and Droite, but they weren't nearly as bad as the duel with the one-shot characters and actually were more connected to the plot. Personally, my least favorite match was against the tomato duelist. It was just so ridiculously stupid, felt like they were trying way too hard to be funny and the whole Yuma can't attack because he hates tomatoes was a terrible attempt to throw in tension during a duel and pad out an episode. The match with that construction worker kid wasn't that bad for me, but after Yuma didn't even get a heart piece that worked for his heart container, it did feel pretty pointless in retrospect. I actually liked the idea that not all of the heart pieces fit since that made it more of a challenge to complete the heart container, but I think it really wasn't necessary to have a match in order to lead up to that bit of information, especially when the extra heart piece is never mentioned or used again.

    I agree that the pacing does get a little bit better after that, but it's definitely not one of my favorite tournament arcs in the franchise. Despite my issues with how it began, it isn't my least favorite tournament arc either. I'd have to go with the Genx tournament for that since it really didn't connect with the Society of Light storyline, even with the writers' attempts to make the two storylines work together, and I pretty much forgot about it by the last few episodes of season two. While the WDC started off horribly, it at least connected to the storyline and I didn't forget that it was still going on. I like all of the tournaments in DM more than the WDC, even the Kaiba Grand Prix, and possibly even the WRGP, although that tournament arc felt rather lackluster aside from the awesome Team Taiyo match, but I could find more likable characters and more interesting duels than in the majority of the WDC arc in those two tournaments.

  10. #310
    Entertainment Duelist Momoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    my room
    Posts
    3,526

    Follow Momoka on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    I really hated the tomato episode. I just felt it was needed but also really boring and pointless. ._.

    all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

  11. #311
    Prince of Renais FinalArcadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Preparing for battle
    Posts
    2,746
    Blog Entries
    51

    Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    I do have to agree there, the tomato episode was kind of painful. It's one of those episodes I really wouldn't choose to go back and rewatch.

    Wait, so there are more Team Taiyo fans than just myself? XD I loved the Team Taiyo episodes in 5D's.

  12. #312
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,232

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    I do have to agree there, the tomato episode was kind of painful. It's one of those episodes I really wouldn't choose to go back and rewatch.

    Wait, so there are more Team Taiyo fans than just myself? XD I loved the Team Taiyo episodes in 5D's.
    I love the Team Taiyo episodes too. That was easily the best match in the WRGP and I actually wanted them to win. Not because I didn't like Team 5D's, but Team Taiyo was full of such awesome and likable underdogs that I couldn't help but cheer for them more than the main cast. That's usually the most praised match from that tournament whenever I've seen it discussed on other sites.
    FinalArcadia and Momoka like this.

  13. #313
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,100
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    I do have to agree there, the tomato episode was kind of painful. It's one of those episodes I really wouldn't choose to go back and rewatch.

    Wait, so there are more Team Taiyo fans than just myself? XD I loved the Team Taiyo episodes in 5D's.
    I love the Team Taiyo episodes too. That was easily the best match in the WRGP and I actually wanted them to win. Not because I didn't like Team 5D's, but Team Taiyo was full of such awesome and likable underdogs that I couldn't help but cheer for them more than the main cast. That's usually the most praised match from that tournament whenever I've seen it discussed on other sites.
    Meh. I didn't really care much for them. I know what they were trying to do with them, but it didn't work for me. Seeing Yusei beat the god was extremely grating, even though I already stopped caring for the odd ways Yusei won his duels. The first 20 turns were jarring to watch. I know that it was the point to summon the god, but it could have happened quicker. I'm also having a hard time believing nobody could summon that god. If I was in their world, I would have just told a friend to let me summon the monster by telling him to not destroy my Level One monster. Easy.

    The best match from the WRPG has to be the match against Team Unicorn for me. If Yusei wasn't portrayed to be so perfect, I'm sure the WRGP would have been more entertaining and possibly the best tournament arc. My Burning Heart belongs to the WDC. At least nobody in that arc outright said, and I quote; "Yeah, even without the help from the other members of Team 5D's, Yusei can do everything alone."

  14. #314
    Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Somewhere dreaming forever
    Posts
    4,232

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Meh. I didn't really care much for them. I know what they were trying to do with them, but it didn't work for me. Seeing Yusei beat the god was extremely grating, even though I already stopped caring for the odd ways Yusei won his duels. The first 20 turns were jarring to watch. I know that it was the point to summon the god, but it could have happened quicker. I'm also having a hard time believing nobody could summon that god. If I was in their world, I would have just told a friend to let me summon the monster by telling him to not destroy my Level One monster. Easy.
    I was okay with how long it took to summon the god since it led to more time being focused on Team Taiyo to flesh their personalities some more and make them more likeable. Plus, it added in some suspense with what their plan was without dragging on for too long for me. They were able to use that time more effectively than I think they did in other matches during this tournament, as well as in Zexal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    The best match from the WRPG has to be the match against Team Unicorn for me. If Yusei wasn't portrayed to be so perfect, I'm sure the WRGP would have been more entertaining and possibly the best tournament arc. My Burning Heart belongs to the WDC. At least nobody in that arc outright said, and I quote; "Yeah, even without the help from the other members of Team 5D's, Yusei can do everything alone."
    Honestly, that was my least favorite match of the tournament. It just dragged on way too long for my tastes, Jack suddenly was all about power when he clearly demonstrated being able to use strategy in his other matches to be a powerful duelist, Aki didn't do anything other than set up Stardust Dragon for Yusei, which made her becoming a D-Wheeler feel kind of pointless, I couldn't really care about Team Unicorn's members, despite the backstories they threw at them, and it was really Yusei that defeated Team Unicorn, instead of Team 5D's. It was honestly a pretty terrible start to the tournament, especially when it was a team tournament and only one person won it for Team 5D's. I don't know if the WRPG could have been the best tournament arc if Yusei was handled better. That was only one of the problems that the tournament had in my opinion since the duels themselves weren't that great aside from the match against Team Taiyo and maybe some of the matches against Team New World and I think that the villains needed to appear sooner than they did so that there would have been a better motivation for Team 5D's to win the tournament instead of just because they want to. The episodes where Jack got Scar-Nova Dragon were pretty awesome though, despite how it was kind of random that they went from Neo Domino City to the desert.

  15. #315
    Future Seeker HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,100
    Blog Entries
    21

    Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

    Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I was okay with how long it took to summon the god since it led to more time being focused on Team Taiyo to flesh their personalities some more and make them more likeable. Plus, it added in some suspense with what their plan was without dragging on for too long for me. They were able to use that time more effectively than I think they did in other matches during this tournament, as well as in Zexal.
    I thought that the focus on them was extremely unnecessary. They didn't hit me as likeable and I couldn't care less for these one-shot characters. Their plot was extremely predictable, their personalities hit me as being bland and annoying and I couldn't feel any tension. I also find it hard to believe that they made it so far in the competition without summoning the god. Actually, even summoning it at that time was extremely stupid because their plan would have been revealed and made them lose in the next round.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Honestly, that was my least favorite match of the tournament. It just dragged on way too long for my tastes, Jack suddenly was all about power when he clearly demonstrated being able to use strategy in his other matches to be a powerful duelist, Aki didn't do anything other than set up Stardust Dragon for Yusei, which made her becoming a D-Wheeler feel kind of pointless, I couldn't really care about Team Unicorn's members, despite the backstories they threw at them, and it was really Yusei that defeated Team Unicorn, instead of Team 5D's.
    It didn't feel like it dragged on for me when the new strategies that were being set up to deflect and counter were great. I still found it to be underwhelming. How they lost was pretty stupid when they could have just won by ending their turn. They were interesting characters, but they didn't make much sense. I believe the reason why Jack decided to focus more on power like he did before was because he thought that with it he could destroy Andore with it. Unfortunately, he was deceived and ended up losing. If he wasn't, I'm sure that he would have focused less on power. Aki's development of becoming a D-Wheeler really interested me. How it affected the plot was great as well. If she didn't crash, then Crow wouldn't have felt more determined to avenge her. It affected Crow's characters and lead to some interesting interactions between them. Also, Aki could then get on the Ark Cradle with her D-Wheel. Yeah, it really was Yusei that beat them. The writers are immune from ever making his LP bar ever drop to 0 other than before the first episode.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    It was honestly a pretty terrible start to the tournament, especially when it was a team tournament and only one person won it for Team 5D's. I don't know if the WRPG could have been the best tournament arc if Yusei was handled better. That was only one of the problems that the tournament had in my opinion since the duels themselves weren't that great aside from the match against Team Taiyo and maybe some of the matches against Team New World and I think that the villains needed to appear sooner than they did so that there would have been a better motivation for Team 5D's to win the tournament instead of just because they want to. The episodes where Jack got Scar-Nova Dragon were pretty awesome though, despite how it was kind of random that they went from Neo Domino City to the desert.
    Yeah, it was sort of horrible. I still liked the duel though. My placing is:

    1. Team Unicorn
    2. Team Ragnarock
    3. Team New World
    4. Team Taiyo
    5. Team Those Bad Guys With The Hook Monster That Hurt Aki and Crow

    Yeah it did feel random. My main two problems with it was the annoying familiar and how Jack "suddenly" changed his way of fighting by using a monster to deflect 800 points of damage back to the familiar, when for him to have such a card in the first place he must have already have changed.

    I didn't mind the Crimson Dragon suddenly being able to time travel. It was kind of weird, but considering that it's a god and its marks can appear and disappear on people, I could suspend my disbelief to go along with time traveling.
    It's not that I couldn't believe that the Crimson Dragon had such powers, but how it came out of nowhere.

    To be fair, Yusei probably already knew that if he messed around with the past too much, he might not have all of his friends since Crow's speech to him during his match with Rudger kind of mentioned that and at the time, Yusei's time was crumbling to pieces, so there wasn't much time for him to consider what else he could do with time traveling anyway.
    He could have thought that after he beat Paradox. Yusei would be questioned to either pick his friends, or preventing the Momentum explosion from ever happening. That would have lead to something interesting and compelling for Yusei to think about. He would obviously pick his friends, of course. Still, seeing him think about it would have lead to great entertainment value.

    I remember Judai being pretty helpful during the duel and showcasing a lot of skill there, so I didn't think that he, or Yugi for that matter, were just there.
    Judai affected the plot, was shown to help Yusei by telling him of what happened to Pegasus and defeated Paradox, but was his character affected like Yugi and Yusei? No, it wasn't. Which is why it would have been a way better idea to show the Duel Academy be destroyed instead. Seeing the place being destroyed would have affected his character like how Yugi's was affected having his grandpa be dead and how Yusei had to save Neo Domino City for his friends.

    Yusei got more focus, but that went with how he was probably more familiar with the kids watching the anime and being set during 5D's.
    Yeah, I had no problem with Yusei getting more focus. It was acceptable.

    The story was engaging, the animation was pretty solid, it was cool to see the main leads interact with each other, even if it was short due to the run time, and I thought it was a great way to celebrate the tenth anniversary. It was certainly worlds better than what Pokemon got for its tenth anniversary
    The story really was engaging. It just made me feel that there could have been more. The animation was fantastic and a nice sight to see. I was glad to see Star Dust Dragon's CGI animation on the show. Pokemon's tenth anniversary Darkrai movie was great and it entertained me more than BBT. It suffered from being too similar to the other movies, resulting in it not getting that much of a special feeling.

Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •