Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorikawa View Post
    I haven't gotten past episode 7 I think of 5Ds and the way they jump into 5Ds with Jack already being in that place and whatever.
    he become the King by the 26th episode!
    This is what I like about Yugioh !
    That show doesn't make their fan wait for over 15 year just to see the Protagonist becoming a King or Champion !

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Human
    EDIT: Pfft tl;dr I'm sorry if I took up too much of your time reading. I hope that you at least enjoyed it.
    It's okay. I think I'm done with this thread though since I kind of feel like the odd person out here and I don't feel like spending another hour replying to another post. I respect your opinions and I hope that you keep enjoying Zexal. I'm just waiting for more characters that I can actually care about, better writing and hopefully a better inevitable fifth series at some point.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    EDIT: Pfft tl;dr I'm sorry if I took up too much of your time reading. I hope that you at least enjoyed it.
    It's okay. I think I'm done with this thread though since I kind of feel like the odd person out here and I don't feel like spending another hour replying to another post.
    I couldn't help but feel shocked reading this. Hidden Mew, please stay! You may be the odd person out here by not liking Zexal as much as us, but you shouldn't feel uneasy! I personally quite like and enjoy reading your posts here, even if I do disagree with them most of the time. It would become really boring here without you if all the fans here continuously praised Zexal all the time. You're not being a nuisance or ruining the fun of anybody here. I personally suggest that you stay as your posts make me smile and makes me collect different opinions about this medium that I enjoy. It honestly would be a shame if you stopped posting here. Now I'm feeling guilty for possibly making you uneasy. If you don't want to debate, you're free to not do so. If you want to leave because you're feeling uneasy, then fine, I can't stop you. Just know that your absence here would make me feel that something is missing.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@Hidden Mew; One can't call them self a fan without seeing flaws and you do that pretty well. I still have yet to find the flaws of Zexal that will allow me to be a true fan so please stay.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Hey I thought Astral will disappear if Yuma lose a Duel that involve a Number !
    So Doesn't that mean that if Yuma lose to Kite now then Astral will disappear ?
    I hope I get to see Astral & Kotori talking to one another in Zexal II .

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Just when I though numbers couldn't get any more cooler...

Last edited by Neon Borealis; 24th September 2012 at 11:28 PM.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

That Number is really awesome. Although my favorites will always be Number 39: Kibou Ou Hope and Number 33: Machu Mach. X3
    HumanDawn and Akuraito like this.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore View Post
    If I recall correctly, Vetrix(Tron) took Kite's Number Cards, so it's no problem.

Number 42 is epic looking. I can't wait to see it in action in Zexal Second.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 24th September 2012 at 02:56 PM.

I couldn't help but feel shocked reading this. Hidden Mew, please stay! You may be the odd person out here by not liking Zexal as much as us, but you shouldn't feel uneasy! I personally quite like and enjoy reading your posts here, even if I do disagree with them most of the time. It would become really boring here without you if all the fans here continuously praised Zexal all the time. You're not being a nuisance or ruining the fun of anybody here. I personally suggest that you stay as your posts make me smile and makes me collect different opinions about this medium that I enjoy. It honestly would be a shame if you stopped posting here. Now I'm feeling guilty for possibly making you uneasy. If you don't want to debate, you're free to not do so. If you want to leave because you're feeling uneasy, then fine, I can't stop you. Just know that your absence here would make me feel that something is missing.
    Well, I don't want to make anyone feel guilty and I probably wouldn't be able to hold back from commenting on the series here for that long anyway. I really do appreciate all of the encouragement to stay since that helps me feel a bit less uneasy about being the only one with a more negative outlook on the series, especially knowing that I'm not being a nuisance or ruining anyone's fun with my comments. It was probably just being too tired and emotionally drained at the time that made me think I should leave, but I'll stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Kishore
    I don't think that this duel involved a Number card. As Human mentioned, Kaito already lost his Number cards to Tron and those were taken by Dr. Faker after Yuma defeated him. I'm not sure who has them now since there was no indication that Astral absorbed them or if Dr. Faker still has them for some reason.

As for the recent episode:

The preview for the new season does look pretty interesting and I'm curious to see what the new villains are all about. I'm still hoping that Rio is going to be a decent character and that the second season will be decent too, although the impressions it gives me are pretty much the same impressions I got from the previews from when Zexal first started, which is basically nothing blows me away, but nothing turns me off from it at the same time.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Yeah, I'm still confused about the Haruto situation as well. I don't understand how he's at least somewhat cured, since I thought his illness was something he had since he was young, and just defeating Barian for the moment really didn't explain to me how he got better miraculously.

Also, in regards to episode 72 (not 73), I couldn't help but laugh at how awkward Haruto and Dr. Faker looked sitting on the couch together. XD

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    Yeah, I'm still confused about the Haruto situation as well. I don't understand how he's at least somewhat cured, since I thought his illness was something he had since he was young, and just defeating Barian for the moment really didn't explain to me how he got better miraculously.

Also, in regards to episode 72 (not 73), I couldn't help but laugh at how awkward Haruto and Dr. Faker looked sitting on the couch together. XD
    That continues to look awkward in the episode 73, especially when depression does not fit with Dr. Faker's design at all and Haruto looking so happy is just weird.

While I kind of liked Kaito vs. Yuma, at least the second part, I'm not sure if it was really necessary to have it at the end of this season. They could have saved it for the end of the series instead and the same basic message of showing where Yuma is as a duelist could have worked, even I still think that they'll go back to having Yuma make a huge mistake to be a joke at some point anyway. Even Kaito's whole issue of not having motivation to duel, which did make sense all things considered, was rather easily solved, or at least the depression he was feeling at the first half of the duel was, and his dueling in the second half didn't seem radically different from previous matches. He just wasn't obsessed with Haruto's safety or collecting Numbers. I have a strong feeling that his motivation to face these new villains will involve Haruto, especially when I still don't think that there's much to his character beyond his concern for his brother, which may make this whole dueling for himself bit unnecessary in the grand scheme of things. Though, I guess it's a better sendoff to the first season than the duel against Dr. Faker would be, though I still think that isn't really saying much, and at least Tron is back with his sons. It would have been nice to actually have an explanation as to why he still has powers or how he survived though.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 25th September 2012 at 01:55 PM.

Blog Entries

The duel was mehish. Although all things considered it was pretty cool. I wasn't invested in it or interested in seeing Kaito's lack of passion to duel any more get resolved. It did succeed in giving him some needed depth, but yeah... not interested. Now don't get me wrong, I think Kaito is a cool character, and that at times, he could be a bit interesting, but not a really interesting one. He's just a bit dull at times for me. He usually spreads a mood with his manoeuvres that excites me, but since there wasn't a drama factor in the duel and he didn't do his usual manoeuvres I couldn't help but yawn continuously. I wouldn't say that it was a pointless duel since Kaito really needed a new passion. Still, that's no excuse for how rushed things felt. Having both versions of their ace monsters on the field was a great idea, just executed horribly because their battle went so fast. Yuma summons his versions of Hope, then Kaito summons his, destroys Yuma's, then poof, duel over. Meh. I'm OK with the outcome since Yuma has already won a lot of duels consecutively, so him losing one was a breath of fresh air.

I gotta say, Yuma sleeping after so much duelling was a nice touch and a nice way to end the season. The Astral look alikes looked cool and interesting. I can't wait to see what they've come up with.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 26th September 2012 at 09:21 AM.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

I really wanna watch this episode now. I can't wait to see my Kaito-sama win. X3

AHHHG, I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE ZEXAL II! IT LOOKS AWESOME! ><
    HumanDawn likes this.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

The duel was mehish. Although all things considered it was pretty cool. I wasn't invested in it or interested in seeing Kaito's lack of passion to duel any more get resolved. It did succeed in giving him some needed depth, but yeah... not interested. Now don't get me wrong, I think Kaito is a cool character, and that at times, he could be a bit interesting, but not a really interesting one. He's just a bit dull at times for me. He usually spreads a mood with his manoeuvres that excites me, but since there wasn't a drama factor in the duel and he didn't do his usual manoeuvres I couldn't help but yawn continuously. I wouldn't say that it was a pointless duel since Kaito really needed a new passion. Still, that's no excuse for how rushed things felt. Having both versions of their ace monsters on the field was a great idea, just executed horribly because their battle went so fast. Yuma summons his versions of Hope, then Kaito summons his, destroys Yuma's, then poof, duel over. Meh. I'm OK with the outcome since Yuma has already won a lot of duels consecutively, so him losing one was a breath of fresh air.
    Kaito used to be an interesting character for me, but he comes off pretty dull for me more often than not and his lack of passion for dueling, while being completely understandable given his situation, didn't change that. It probably didn't help that it was resolved pretty quickly and Kaito's dueling in this half of the duel really wasn't that different from how he dueled before. There's just nothing about Haruto or Numbers this time and that conflict was resolved through friendship speeches. That's not too surprising given how friendship is one of the major themes in this franchise, but it still felt a bit too easy. The lack of dramatic tension didn't bother me too much, although it did kind of show that it didn't matter who won in the end considering that nothing was really on the line here. I thought that this was a better match to end the season with, but a part of me still thinks that it was unnecessary to have their rematch here as opposed to the end of the series. There wasn't much buildup to this match, unless we count the opening, and they could have gone the same message with Yuma's dueling skills at the end of the series. Not to mention using his wish to duel Kaito really makes me think he's forgotten about his parents completely.

Plus, I'm not sure how much the whole Kaito feeling passionless about dueling matters in the long run. It did make sense that he didn't want to duel after Haruto was cured, somehow, but I have a strong feeling that his motivation to duel against the new villains in the next season will involve Haruto anyway. I can't see them letting Haruto be happy and healthy for the rest of the series or give Kaito motivation to duel in more dramatic duels that didn't connect to Haruto considering how Haruto makes up a good portion of Kaito's character anyway. I'm fine with Kaito winning since Yuma didn't really have to win unless they wanted to end their rivalry before going onto the second season and I still don't like Yuma at all, so I don't have much of a problem seeing him lose.

I gotta say, Yuma sleeping after so much duelling was a nice touch and a nice way to end the season. The Astral look alikes looked cool and interesting. I can't wait to see what they've come up with.
    I didn't really like that since it just felt thrown in for a combination of comedy relief and an attempt to create more tension, but at least he didn't faint from hunger. That gag always annoys me. I am curious about the villains and how they'll deal with them in the new season.

Blog Entries

The lack of dramatic tension didn't bother me too much, although it did kind of show that it didn't matter who won in the end considering that nothing was really on the line here. I thought that this was a better match to end the season with, but a part of me still thinks that it was unnecessary to have their rematch here as opposed to the end of the series. There wasn't much buildup to this match, unless we count the opening, and they could have gone the same message with Yuma's dueling skills at the end of the series. Not to mention using his wish to duel Kaito really makes me think he's forgotten about his parents completely.
    The point of the match was to give Kaito a new passion to duel. It also made for being a good build up to their inevitable next duel at the end of the series. It would make Yuma's progression feel like he came a long way struggling to battle all the villains. I never really got the wish stuff. It's not as if Dr. Faker had any magic to use to grant wishes like a genie.

Plus, I'm not sure how much the whole Kaito feeling passionless about dueling matters in the long run. It did make sense that he didn't want to duel after Haruto was cured, somehow, but I have a strong feeling that his motivation to duel against the new villains in the next season will involve Haruto anyway.
    Yeah, I have that same strong feeling as well. It wouldn't have involved Kaito regretting all the pain and people he had to make through, though.

I can't see them letting Haruto be happy and healthy for the rest of the series or give Kaito motivation to duel in more dramatic duels that didn't connect to Haruto considering how Haruto makes up a good portion of Kaito's character anyway.
    True, but I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Kaito a villain to deal with. The 5 shady villains might be battling one main character each. There's tons of potential for Kaito.

I didn't really like that since it just felt thrown in for a combination of comedy relief and an attempt to create more tension
    It was for comedy relief and tension? What tension and comedy could be caused by Yuma simply sleeping? "Oh no he's sleeping!" didn't look comedic. I personally just thought that it was a sweet and relaxing moment that after that much duelling he'd rest, opening the gates and energy for the second season. The hero resting after many hard battles is underused in stories. Seeing him catching a well earned break made me relax and think of the own personal stuff I have to face through in real life. It was a bit compelling too.
    Last edited by HumanDawn; 26th September 2012 at 01:29 PM.
    FinalArcadia likes this.

Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast