Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Page 12

Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Like Tree333Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal

Quote Originally Posted by NfiNity View Post
    Rio seems like she'll be really interesting from what little I've heard of her being a confident duelist. I really hope that she'll become a rival for IV and not a love interest for him or something. She seems like she'll be one of the few female characters in Zexal that won't need a love interest and just duels with everything she's got not that the other female characters really bother me with that.

From the Zexal II trailer, the new opening sounds really awesome. I can't wait to hear a full version and see what it shows.
    I'm all in favor of Rio not being a love interest, although I don't think any of the female characters in Zexal need a love interest, especially when most of them are just part of Yuma's harem, and seeing her duel would be great. It could give her more sceentime to become more interesting and give Yuma slightly less screentime, which always works for me. Even though the details around her make her sound like she'll be a tough duelist and I do hope that's the case, I'm trying to not get too excited given how they tend to handle female characters. Still, I'm hoping that she'll be decent, especially when I do want to like more characters in this show.

As for the song, it sounded okay, but I'll have to wait until I hear the whole song to get a better impression of it.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Episode 72 Preview:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Episode 72 Preview. - YouTube

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Second Preview:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal II Preview - YouTube

Droite in episode 72 is making think that her love interest with Kaito will develop somehow. Oh and Tokunosuke to get spanked by Cat-chan, but I guess scratching his face should be enough :>. The match between Yuma and Kaito isn't something I'm really interested it. They already put a stop to their rivalry by helping each other defeat Dr. Faker and save Haruto. I'm sure that it will be a cool match, but it would lack the meaning to make it more interesting.

Rio is currently the only character I'm looking forward to see the most in Zexal Second. Why? Because she's going to be the only female duellist that does something. Honestly, this show is already filled with enough highly attractive males already. Just look at the fanbase of this show here. The only males that I know that still watch Zexal in here are me, Karamazov and Neon. Adding some girls in this show that duel would be nice. Heck, was there even one chick that got affected by Number Cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    Droite in episode 72 is making think that her love interest with Kaito will develop somehow. Oh and Tokunosuke to get spanked by Cat-chan, but I guess scratching his face should be enough :>. The match between Yuma and Kaito isn't something I'm really interested it. They already put a stop to their rivalry by helping each other defeat Dr. Faker and save Haruto. I'm sure that it will be a cool match, but it would lack the meaning to make it more interesting.
    I think that there's a better chance that Droite and Gauche will just be commenting on the duel than there is for her crush on Kaito to develop. With few exceptions, romances in Yu-Gi-Oh! rarely go anywhere. Despite how much I dislike Tokunosuke, I don't really like Cathy scratching his face gag. I think that's because it results from her crush on Yuma urging her to defend him, but I guess that's better than nothing. Although, I wouldn't be against Tokunosuke just disappearing into the background instead just so I don't have to remember that he's included in the main/supporting cast for some reason. Yuma vs. Kaito might be interesting, but I still don't have high hopes for that duel, especially when it seems too random to have it now after the duel against Dr. Faker. Though, I'm also still wondering if Yuma forgot why he wanted to meet Dr. Faker again. It certainly wouldn't be the first time he forgot something important.

Quote Originally Posted by Human
    Rio is currently the only character I'm looking forward to see the most in Zexal Second. Why? Because she's going to be the only female duellist that does something. Honestly, this show is already filled with enough highly attractive males already. Just look at the fanbase of this show here. The only males that I know that still watch Zexal in here are me, Karamazov and Neon. Adding some girls in this show that duel would be nice. Heck, was there even one chick that got affected by Number Cards?
    Rio being an active female duelist, instead of what we have with Cathy and Anna only dueling twice so far, would be nice. I just want a female character I can actually like again in this series. I liked Cathy for a long time, but she became more annoying and dull after awhile and the fact that I kept forgetting she was even in the WDC didn't help. So, Rio actually doing something, being a decent character at least and actually getting development, instead of becoming another cheerleader would be nice. There are plenty of girls who play the game, even though the card game is primarily aimed at boys, so it wouldn't hurt to have more active female characters in this series. I'm pretty sure that all of the people we saw being affected by the Number Cards were male. Seeing a female character being affected by a Number card could be interesting depending on how they would handle it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Human
    Rio being an active female duelist, instead of what we have with Cathy and Anna only dueling twice so far, would be nice. I just want a female character I can actually like again in this series. I liked Cathy for a long time, but she became more annoying and dull after awhile and the fact that I kept forgetting she was even in the WDC didn't help. So, Rio actually doing something, being a decent character at least and actually getting development, instead of becoming another cheerleader would be nice. There are plenty of girls who play the game, even though the card game is primarily aimed at boys, so it wouldn't hurt to have more active female characters in this series. I'm pretty sure that all of the people we saw being affected by the Number Cards were male. Seeing a female character being affected by a Number card could be interesting depending on how they would handle it.
    One thing I really like about how they handle the girls that actually duel in this show is the independence they make them show. Look at Droite, she showed a lot of independence going after Tron. I'm expecting the same from Rio, being Shark's sister. The thing I'm worried the most about her having is the possible relationship between her and IV. If it's going to happen, I'll only tolerate if it's one-sided from IV's side. There are already 4 females in this show with a one-sided relationship towards a male character. Having a male have one towards a female could be interesting if done right.

Honestly, having three chicks go after Yuma makes him look like such a man-whore.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Droite in episode 72 is making think that her love interest with Kaito will develop somehow.
    I really, really hope not. It just would seem really pointless to me.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

Droite in episode 72 is making think that her love interest with Kaito will develop somehow.
    Would it still seem pointless if it led to a new plot?

I personally am not expecting much. Maybe a little talk between them to discuss the events that passed.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

I personally am not expecting much. Maybe a little talk between them to discuss the events that passed.
    No, it wouldn't be pointless then. Just highly unlikely to me. XD

That's true. I shouldn't expect anything, but I fear there will be. I mean, why would she go with Kaito-sama when she has Gauche? ><

[One thing I really like about how they handle the girls that actually duel in this show is the independence they make them show. Look at Droite, she showed a lot of independence going after Tron. I'm expecting the same from Rio, being Shark's sister. The thing I'm worried the most about her having is the possible relationship between her and IV. If it's going to happen, I'll only tolerate if it's one-sided from IV's side. There are already 4 females in this show with a one-sided relationship towards a male character. Having a male have one towards a female could be interesting if done right.

Honestly, having three chicks go after Yuma makes him look like such a man-whore.
    The female duelists in this show don't really strike me as being independent. Aside from maybe Droite, they come off as dependent, but that might be from how both Cathy and Anna are just there for Yuma's love harem and nothing more. I'd prefer for Rio to not be involved with a romantic interest, at least not for awhile until she gets fleshed out and has more interactions with a possible love interest to make the relationship feel more genuine, rather than a joke like the feelings most of Yuma's harem have for him. I've heard that neither IV, his brothers or Tron are included in the main cast for the new season, which is kind of disappointing since I'd much rather see them included in the main cast than Dr. Faker. Even so, I'd imagine that they'll all appear again at some point, but I don't know if they'll push a Rio and IV relationship if he isn't in the main cast. I'll admit that the pairing does make more sense that Rio getting a crush on Yuma, but I'd prefer for Rio to get more development before they do into a relationship with any character. Having a one-side relationship with the male character crushing on Rio would be kind of refreshing in a way depending on how they handle it.

Having three girls go after Yuma just makes me think that they have no interest in making more interesting female characters beyond being love interests, which is disappointing and annoying at the same time.
    HumanDawn, Momoka and Caseydia like this.

Blog Entries

No, it wouldn't be pointless then. Just highly unlikely to me. XD

That's true. I shouldn't expect anything, but I fear there will be. I mean, why would she go with Kaito-sama when she has Gauche? ><
    Oh my! I forgot Gauche's one sided love interest for Droite xD. Not my fault that it wasn't fleshed out enough.
    Momoka likes this.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

@Human; Yeah, I'm a bit surprised they didn't take it further. XD I personally think they go well together, so I hope she just ends up with him. Just my personal preference.

I've heard that neither IV, his brothers or Tron are included in the main cast for the new season,
    Where did you see about this?

Quote Originally Posted by HilbertCressLover View Post
    I've heard that neither IV, his brothers or Tron are included in the main cast for the new season,
    Where did you see about this?
    I read a translation of the main cast for this season on another site and it didn't include any of those characters unfortunately.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

III and IV kind of have to show up again, though. We still don't know their names and I doubt they would just lastly show them waking up from their beds and III saying "Nii-sama!". And III is shown in the third ending with a school uniform on in the school, so that seems like it would show what will come for him. I'm holding out hope that V, III, and IV will show up more.
    Akuraito likes this.

III and IV kind of have to show up again, though. We still don't know their names and I doubt they would just lastly show them waking up from their beds and III saying "Nii-sama!". And III is shown in the third ending with a school uniform on in the school, so that seems like it would show what will come for him. I'm holding out hope that V, III, and IV will show up more.
    I'm not saying that they won't appear again and having the brothers' last appearance waking up from their comas would be pretty weak. I just don't think that they're included in the main cast, but I'm sure that they'll appear at some point. It probably depends on what they have planned for Tron after this season. As for III being in that school uniform in the third ending, I'm not sure if I would put much stock into that considering that Anna is also included there as well and in the last two openings and she's only appeared twice so far. It just feels like something that was thrown in to tease fans and nothing significant, especially when opening and ending themes have been misleading before in this and other Yu-Gi-Oh! series.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Well that would really suck if it was just a tease of some sort. I was kind of looking forward to see if III was in school with Yuma and company.
    Akuraito likes this.

Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast