Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V - Page 5
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V

I only liked episode seven because of Sawatari's antics to be honest and because he used a Mobius deck. "Yuya's" deck was boring though in my opinion, mostly because I'm so sick of Xyz Summons.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Corleone View Post
    I only liked episode seven because of Sawatari's antics to be honest and because he used a Mobius deck. "Yuya's" deck was boring though in my opinion, mostly because I'm so sick of Xyz Summons.
    It also doesn't help that we only saw a few Spell cards and an Xyz monster from his deck, so that's hard to look cool, especially when Zexal spammed so many Xyz monsters during its run.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Yeah, I'm sure Shingo is the Manjoume of this series, and I like how he isn't exactly the same personality-wise. I think he may be my favourite character so far because of the potential I see in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Personally, I'd be fine if Shingo didn't appear again. He just didn't come off like a character I'd like to see more of. He was just a huge jerk and not even an interesting one in my opinion. Granted, there have been other characters in previous series introduced as jerks who were developed later on and for all I know, that could be the case with Shingo. I kind of doubt it considering he wasn't revealed prior to the series' beginning, but I suppose it's still possible. He just wasn't too appealing for me to want to see him again. If they do make him come back, making him more developed would at least make him more interesting, but his stick with wanting rare cards and willing to do anything for them, even to the point of endangering people's lives, makes him seem more villainous, or a one-shot villain. Besides that, seeing him and his friends being beaten up by Sora with nothing more than a lollipop stick is a much more satisfying note to end his character with in my opinion. Sora doing that also left a pretty nice first impression on me, despite how he'll be spending at least the next episode constantly annoying Yuya with his pleas to become his teacher.
    I know this is old, but I thought that he'd be a joke antagonist with how he was treated in the fourth episode. He'll probably stay as a joke antagonist until the end of this season as I don't see it being dragged on for too long, and that he'll really join Yuya's side. Despite not being revealed prior, he was in the opening and shows up along with Reiji, which gave me a trio vibe. There's also the fact that going by tradition, if you combine the names of the rival and the main character, you'd get "friend" or something along those lines, and if you combine the shin from Shingo and yuu from Yuuya you'd get shinyuu, which means "close friend". All of these could be red herrings, but there's a strong possibility.

I thought that this week's episode was pretty good. Shingo definitely reminded me of Manjoume with a hint of Fubuki with that opening. Although, I'm kind of hoping that they don't try to develop him like they did with Manjoume. Keeping him as a comedic minor jerk villain kind of sounds like it would be more entertaining. He didn't show any signs of changing his ways after his defeat from Yuya since his attitude stayed the same, ignored the fact that he did have Pendulum monsters and was still willing to do whatever means necessary to beat him.
    I think it's too early, although Yuya is already rubbing off on him with Shingo trying to be more of an entertainer so there's that.

Yuzu was awesome in this episode. I don't even mind that she didn't get a chance to duel Shingo. She was already just being full of spunk and determination by not letting Shingo go into a hammy melodramatic speech before dueling. Even when the Dark Duelist came in, she was still determined to face Shingo and she got on his case for butting in when she thought he was playing poorly. Now that's how to make a good female character without making her duel. Plus, she wanted to protect Yuya like how he protected her and the other kids before, so that was kind of sweet.
    I agree! After the episode ended I went to watch the scene again because it was incredibly amusing.

I'm also quite curious about the Dark Duelist. He seemed to know Yuzu given his reaction to first seeing her and how he was determined to protect her. He also does look quite a bit like Yuya. Tthe regular duel he had with Shingo created more real and dangerous damage too. He already had an LDS pin, but was asking Shingo about it and his connection to the academia. One of the more popular theories I've heard about is that he's some alternate reality version of Yuya or is Yuzu and Yuya's future son that comes from terrible future. I'm more of a fan of the first theory, if only because the second one sounds a bit too much like a fan fiction idea to me, but they both sound potentially interesting. I also wonder if Yuzu's bracelet glowing was because of something the Dark Duelist did to escape or if it's actually a special item too.
    Yeah, it's the same exact face. I've read that people didn't find him that similar to Yuya but I don't understand that when the only difference is the hair. The face is pretty much the same:

Oh and I've had the same theories too! I have them mostly for fun, although the theory I'm the biggest fan of is that he's a lost twin who has a rough past. It would be amusing and interesting if Yuzu first knew the Dark Duelist Yuya thinking they were the same person after seeing the normal Yuya, although I have no idea how that would even work out since then normal Yuya would have had to have said something to throw her off guard, plus there's the fact she'd notice how different he is personality-wise, and it'd be a stretch that he'd have had the same personality as Yuya back then. I think he'll just be from another dimension in the end though.

I don't mind that an Xyz monster has appeared already, we probably won't be seeing much of them with how apparently the best elite students use them well in their strategies anyway. Maybe they're a recent summoning method that was introduced a while ago. I'm interested in Fusions more and their background, which I think we'll probably get more episodes about soon.

I've been wondering about what the name of the series mean lately, and I think it might be some team Yuya and four other characters form to compete in some kind of tournament together, like how 5D's was. The "Arc" would probably be the arc from Pendulum Summoning, so Yuya would naturally be the leader. Maybe the other four would use Pendulum monsters too? I'd like if there was a team it would be filled with members use different methods though. I think the coolest would be one with Yugi, Judai, Yusei, Yuma and Yuya, and if they're really in different dimensions/time, they could be connected and meet the same way like the Dark Duelist, assuming that he really is from a different dimension/time that is.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn View Post
    I know this is old, but I thought that he'd be a joke antagonist with how he was treated in the fourth episode. He'll probably stay as a joke antagonist until the end of this season as I don't see it being dragged on for too long, and that he'll really join Yuya's side. Despite not being revealed prior, he was in the opening and shows up along with Reiji, which gave me a trio vibe. There's also the fact that going by tradition, if you combine the names of the rival and the main character, you'd get "friend" or something along those lines, and if you combine the shin from Shingo and yuu from Yuuya you'd get shinyuu, which means "close friend". All of these could be red herrings, but there's a strong possibility.
    Personally, if they are going for a trio of duelists, I'd much rather have Yuzu be included rather than Shingo taking that slot. I like her a lot more and having a more active female duelist is something that this franchise has desperately needed for ages. As for Shingo joining Yuya's side in general, it's possible, but I have a hard time seeing them being good friends. Other characters have started out like jerks and then became friends with the main leads over time, such as Manjoume and Shark, but Shingo endangering Yuzu and those kids to get Yuya to duel kind of seems too mean to fully look over. If it was just a matter of being rude towards Yuya and stealing his cards, that would be one thing since that isn't as bad as kidnapping and putting your friends' in danger. Granted, it's not like they've ignored characters doing terrible things in favor of friendship. They kind of did that with Kaito, although I think the writers themselves wanted the audience to forget that he stole people's souls. It's possible and I wouldn't be too surprised if they went that route, but I'd prefer for him to have more of a Haga role in the show rather than going similar to Manjoume.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn
    I think it's too early, although Yuya is already rubbing off on him with Shingo trying to be more of an entertainer so there's that.
    Yeah, putting on a bit of an entertainment bit at the beginning was kind of weird, especially when he didn't even want to hear Yuya's name.

I agree! After the episode ended I went to watch the scene again because it was incredibly amusing.
    Being able to understand what she said when she kept interrupting him made the scene even better.

Yeah, it's the same exact face. I've read that people didn't find him that similar to Yuya but I don't understand that when the only difference is the hair. The face is pretty much the same:
    It took me a moment to see it once I saw his full design, but he definitely looks like Yuya. He looks more serious and I think he's a bit taller, but the primary difference is his hair color.

Oh and I've had the same theories too! I have them mostly for fun, although the theory I'm the biggest fan of is that he's a lost twin who has a rough past. It would be amusing and interesting if Yuzu first knew the Dark Duelist Yuya thinking they were the same person after seeing the normal Yuya, although I have no idea how that would even work out since then normal Yuya would have had to have said something to throw her off guard, plus there's the fact she'd notice how different he is personality-wise, and it'd be a stretch that he'd have had the same personality as Yuya back then. I think he'll just be from another dimension in the end though.
    I've heard of that theory as well. That would be kind of interesting, especially if it meant that Yuya was adopted by his mother and father. I've heard people speculate on how his hair doesn't look much like either his mother or father's and his mother picking up animals, and even kids, off the streets could tie into that. It would be a bit of a stretch, but interesting all the same.

I don't mind that an Xyz monster has appeared already, we probably won't be seeing much of them with how apparently the best elite students use them well in their strategies anyway. Maybe they're a recent summoning method that was introduced a while ago. I'm interested in Fusions more and their background, which I think we'll probably get more episodes about soon
    I think that the person Yuya faces from LDS runs an Xyz deck and I doubt that something like only elite students at LDS can take the courses would prevent them from being used. I'd much rather see every other kind of special monster be showed more often and hopefully that will be the case, but I'm sure that they'll try to plug in their new Xyz monsters every now and then. They didn't say that they're a recent form of summoning, so I'm not sure if that would be the case. I'm sure that Fusions will be explained more, especially when we get to Sora's backstory.

I've been wondering about what the name of the series mean lately, and I think it might be some team Yuya and four other characters form to compete in some kind of tournament together, like how 5D's was. The "Arc" would probably be the arc from Pendulum Summoning, so Yuya would naturally be the leader. Maybe the other four would use Pendulum monsters too? I'd like if there was a team it would be filled with members use different methods though. I think the coolest would be one with Yugi, Judai, Yusei, Yuma and Yuya, and if they're really in different dimensions/time, they could be connected and meet the same way like the Dark Duelist, assuming that he really is from a different dimension/time that is.
    I've heard that it's suppose to be a reference to how this is the fifth Yu-Gi-Oh! series, but it most likely also ties into something about the series if the other spin-off titles are any indication. A team of duelists with different kinds of decks sound really cool and bringing together all of the protagonists together would be fantastic. I don't know how that would work out, especially when five duelists facing another group of five duelists sounds like it would be a long and complicated duel, but I'd be totally in favor of seeing something like that.

Blog Entries

Personally, if they are going for a trio of duelists, I'd much rather have Yuzu be included rather than Shingo taking that slot. I like her a lot more and having a more active female duelist is something that this franchise has desperately needed for ages. As for Shingo joining Yuya's side in general, it's possible, but I have a hard time seeing them being good friends. Other characters have started out like jerks and then became friends with the main leads over time, such as Manjoume and Shark, but Shingo endangering Yuzu and those kids to get Yuya to duel kind of seems too mean to fully look over. If it was just a matter of being rude towards Yuya and stealing his cards, that would be one thing since that isn't as bad as kidnapping and putting your friends' in danger. Granted, it's not like they've ignored characters doing terrible things in favor of friendship. They kind of did that with Kaito, although I think the writers themselves wanted the audience to forget that he stole people's souls. It's possible and I wouldn't be too surprised if they went that route, but I'd prefer for him to have more of a Haga role in the show rather than going similar to Manjoume.
    Shark and his allies pretty much killed almost all of Yuma's friends. I don't think Yuya and the others took it too personally, because after being saved they didn't show that they cared that much for having their lives endangered. The fact Shingo is reporting You Show DS for his life being endagandered when Yuya and the others haven't really shows. I have a hard time seeing them as friends right now, but over time it will eventually happen when enough time passes. I agree that I'd prefer if Yuzu took the spot, and she might even be connected to whatever plot is coming up with the Dark Duelist, who might harbour a grudge against LDS, which Reiji is connected to. Haga was really boring in my opinion so I hope Shingo's role is a bit different, I wouldn't really care that much if he ends up not being part of the main trio.

I've heard of that theory as well. That would be kind of interesting, especially if it meant that Yuya was adopted by his mother and father. I've heard people speculate on how his hair doesn't look much like either his mother or father's and his mother picking up animals, and even kids, off the streets could tie into that. It would be a bit of a stretch, but interesting all the same.
    Shingo and Yuya's mom have similar hair colour, and both Yuya and Shingo have the same tip in their hair. It doesn't mean they're related, and hair colour and style doesn't mostly stick with genetics in anime.

I've heard that it's suppose to be a reference to how this is the fifth Yu-Gi-Oh! series, but it most likely also ties into something about the series if the other spin-off titles are any indication. A team of duelists with different kinds of decks sound really cool and bringing together all of the protagonists together would be fantastic. I don't know how that would work out, especially when five duelists facing another group of five duelists sounds like it would be a long and complicated duel, but I'd be totally in favor of seeing something like that.
    I wasn't thinking of one duel of 5 vs 5, but rather five separated duels being 1 vs 1 each. It has to tie in with the series, I doubt they would call the next saga Arc VI for example.

Shark and his allies pretty much killed almost all of Yuma's friends. I don't think Yuya and the others took it too personally, because after being saved they didn't show that they cared that much for having their lives endangered. The fact Shingo is reporting You Show DS for his life being endagandered when Yuya and the others haven't really shows. I have a hard time seeing them as friends right now, but over time it will eventually happen when enough time passes. I agree that I'd prefer if Yuzu took the spot, and she might even be connected to whatever plot is coming up with the Dark Duelist, who might harbour a grudge against LDS, which Reiji is connected to. Haga was really boring in my opinion so I hope Shingo's role is a bit different, I wouldn't really care that much if he ends up not being part of the main trio.
    I was referring to more of how each character started out in their first few episodes before making friends with the main character. While Shark and the other Barians basically killed most of Yuma's friends, that was well after they had become friends. I don't think that not reporting Shingo meant that they didn't take it personally, at least not necessarily. Shingo is a student at LDS and I think his father is the major of the city. Yuya and his friends are from a much smaller school and Yuya is branded both a cheater for his duel against Strong and being the son of a coward. I don't think that people would have believed them had they reported Shingo, especially when they wouldn't really have any evidence to back up their claims. Shingo, on the other hand, comes from a more respected family/school, is most likely more visible injured than Yuzu and the kids were and there are other students from LDS to support his claims that this mysterious duelist that attacked him was Yuya. The deck was just more stacked against Yuya and his friends from reporting Shingo given their situation and especially Yuya's reputation.

I agree that Haga was boring, but I was trying to say that I'd rather see Shingo as the comedy relief minor villain of the series rather than going the Manjoume route with making him a more developed character.

Shingo and Yuya's mom have similar hair colour, and both Yuya and Shingo have the same tip in their hair. It doesn't mean they're related, and hair colour and style doesn't mostly stick with genetics in anime.
    That's why I said it would be a bit of a stretch, especially when hair color and genetics in anime don't really go together all the time.

I wasn't thinking of one duel of 5 vs 5, but rather five separated duels being 1 vs 1 each. It has to tie in with the series, I doubt they would call the next saga Arc VI for example.
    That would be pretty cool too. They wouldn't call the next series Arc VI since each title is suppose to be different and tie into the show itself. I was just mentioning that it is a reference for it being the fifth Yu-Gi-Oh! series as well.

Blog Entries

I was referring to more of how each character started out in their first few episodes before making friends with the main character. While Shark and the other Barians basically killed most of Yuma's friends, that was well after they had become friends. I don't think that not reporting Shingo meant that they didn't take it personally, at least not necessarily. Shingo is a student at LDS and I think his father is the major of the city. Yuya and his friends are from a much smaller school and Yuya is branded both a cheater for his duel against Strong and being the son of a coward. I don't think that people would have believed them had they reported Shingo, especially when they wouldn't really have any evidence to back up their claims. Shingo, on the other hand, comes from a more respected family/school, is most likely more visible injured than Yuzu and the kids were and there are other students from LDS to support his claims that this mysterious duelist that attacked him was Yuya. The deck was just more stacked against Yuya and his friends from reporting Shingo given their situation and especially Yuya's reputation.
    I know, but my point was that no matter what Shingo ends up doing, the writers would find a way of making them friends anyway. I'm aware of the difference in status and how it could affect them reporting it or not, but they didn't show any signs anyway, although Yuya is practically famous and could use that to his advantage. Shingo's claim wouldn't make sense at all with the difference in hair, and in the end they'll probably disregard it after some time.

That's why I said it would be a bit of a stretch, especially when hair color and genetics in anime don't really go together all the time.
    Yeah I know, I said it in reference to those who think they're related due to the hair.

That would be pretty cool too. They wouldn't call the next series Arc VI since each title is suppose to be different and tie into the show itself. I was just mentioning that it is a reference for it being the fifth Yu-Gi-Oh! series as well.
    Yup.

I know, but my point was that no matter what Shingo ends up doing, the writers would find a way of making them friends anyway. I'm aware of the difference in status and how it could affect them reporting it or not, but they didn't show any signs anyway, although Yuya is practically famous and could use that to his advantage. Shingo's claim wouldn't make sense at all with the difference in hair, and in the end they'll probably disregard it after some time.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, but I'd rather see Shingo stay as a comedy relief villain. Yuya isn't really famous, at least not in a good way. He gained a lot of praise and attention when he used Pendulum Monsters, but the moment he explained to the crowd at the school that they needed to use Pendulum Cards for it to work, they came to the conclusion that he cheated just to beat the Champion and just wrote him off as the cheating son of a coward. I don't see how Yuya could use any of that to his advantage, especially when it's still his word against the son of the mayor who can pull of being the fake friendly guy when needed and people would probably be more willing to believe Shingo over Yuya anyway. Plus, Sora also came up and started to constantly pester Yuya, so that would have probably made it more difficult for Yuya to even consider reporting Shingo if he had to deal with the annoying kid constantly following him around and not taking no for an answer.

Blog Entries

For an episode with no dueling, this one was interesting. I think the episode spent too much introducing Reiji's mother as a character and how much of a ruthless opportunist she is. Still I think she's interesting and I wonder what her deal is with Yuya's father. I think Yuzu was way too doubtful about Yuya when their hair colour was completely different, as well as the fact Yuya was with the others waiting for her and Azu to bring ice cream, but with it happening yesterday I can understand if she didn't ask them yet.

I'm not a big fan of the episodes to come, the characters they're about to face don't sound exciting and while them using different summoning methods should spice the duels up, the conflict isn't that exciting to me.

I thought that this was a pretty good episode, especially when it was primarily just setup for the mini arc. I so called Shingo faking his injuries. That sounds exactly like the kind of stunt he'd pull. I was surprised with what his father looked like. I imagined something completely different, but he's more of a comical relief figure in power rather than being evil for no good reason like Heartland. He does seem to genuinely care about his son, which would be nice if Shingo wasn't a huge lying jerk. He's an entertaining lying jerk, but a lying jerk nonetheless.

Reiji's mother Himika was also different than I expected, but I imagined her looking a bit older for some reason. I am curious about what enemies they could be referring to, especially when LDS seems pretty huge as it is since they merge with multiple schools. By comparison, You Show is just so dirt poor that it's kind of sad. Only being able to teach Advance Summon and I guess Fusion summon is pretty weak, especially when their technology outside of Action Duels is on the level of the public elementary/middle schools with that protector. They also can't apparently teach Xyz summon, which were just recently offered as courses at LDS. And that makes me wonder even more about this setting. Are Xyz monsters recent creations in this universe or does no one know how to research various forms of summoning? Xyz monsters really aren't difficult to summon. I wonder if LDS limits what information there is about dueling for the general public. They do want to create elite duelists and merging with other schools also increases their influence and control, so maybe they want to make sure that the only duelists who can use those kinds of monsters are from their schools. It would also further explain their interest in Pendulum summon since they'd want to control a new form of summoning to increase their power even more.

I can understand why Yuzu would have her doubts because Yuya and the Dark Duelist do look pretty similar, but there are a ton of reasons why it obviously isn't him too. For starters, Yuya appeared way too quickly after the Dark Duelist appeared. Even if it was him dressed up in a costume, I don't think he could change that quickly and get back to Yuzu. If it was Yuya, there would be no point in masking his identity during the duel only to take it off after it ended. Yuya has no access of Xyz monsters or could have the power to make the effects of the field more real in a regular duel. The biggest sign of all was that he was there with Sora and the other kids when Aya rushed in to tell him what happened to Yuzu and by that point, the duel had already started. I'm kind of surprised that no one brought up that point. That would instantly clear any doubts, but they probably want Yuzu to clear her doubts herself through the magic of friendship or something.

At least Himika seemed to not buy Shingo's story and was using it as an excuse to target You Show anyway, if her paying off Shingo's friends with cards were any indication. Yuya's speech to her was pretty nice and showed that he was becoming more serious before the duel started, which makes sense given what's on the line and being blamed for something he didn't do. I kind of wish that Norboru joined the team instead of Sora, if only because I was hoping that this mini arc would do something with his character. He seems like good friends with Yuya and hangs out at You Show, but isn't an official student for some reason. Hopefully, they'll do something with his character later on and I still like how they're giving Yuzu and Sora second duels this early on in the series. That is a really good sign. I also liked Reiji's hoodie outfit. I kind of wish that was his default outfit. I wonder if they'll have him duel against Yuya after the three matches between the school end. That would be pretty cool.

Blog Entries

Are Xyz monsters recent creations in this universe or does no one know how to research various forms of summoning? Xyz monsters really aren't difficult to summon. I wonder if LDS limits what information there is about dueling for the general public. They do want to create elite duelists and merging with other schools also increases their influence and control, so maybe they want to make sure that the only duelists who can use those kinds of monsters are from their schools. It would also further explain their interest in Pendulum summon since they'd want to control a new form of summoning to increase their power even more.
    I think Xyz Summoning was known abroad, and she only managed to get them recently in her school as well as Xyz cards to even be able to use the method. I wonder what happened to Ritual Summoning, it's still a different summoning method we've seen cards of already, yet isn't considered to be taught.

The biggest sign of all was that he was there with Sora and the other kids when Aya rushed in to tell him what happened to Yuzu and by that point, the duel had already started. I'm kind of surprised that no one brought up that point. That would instantly clear any doubts, but they probably want Yuzu to clear her doubts herself through the magic of friendship or something.
    I think they wanted to establish that what Yuzu feels and thinks about the situation matters to make her more relevant and important.

I kind of wish that Norboru joined the team instead of Sora, if only because I was hoping that this mini arc would do something with his character. He seems like good friends with Yuya and hangs out at You Show, but isn't an official student for some reason. Hopefully, they'll do something with his character later on and I still like how they're giving Yuzu and Sora second duels this early on in the series. That is a really good sign. I also liked Reiji's hoodie outfit. I kind of wish that was his default outfit. I wonder if they'll have him duel against Yuya after the three matches between the school end. That would be pretty cool.
    Yeah, I wish the same, and I'm sure they could have made some exception for Norboru, but they probably wanted Sora to duel instead to go against the Fusion Summoner. I think Norboru will have Hayato's role, so I'm sure he'll get some episodes. Reiji's outfit is probably his casual one, so I think we'll see more of it, and I think that would be cool. I bet it would happen if there's 1 win, 1 lose and a tie, so Reiji and Yuya's duel would be the tiebreaker.

I think Xyz Summoning was known abroad, and she only managed to get them recently in her school as well as Xyz cards to even be able to use the method. I wonder what happened to Ritual Summoning, it's still a different summoning method we've seen cards of already, yet isn't considered to be taught.
    Even if they did just recently get Xyz cards to be used as teaching materials for a course, I wonder why just basic details of how they work, like how one summons an Xyz monster, isn't more like common knowledge. Surely there should be some records of other duelists using these cards in a library or videos of past duels on the Internet so that people could be more familiar with how they work. Since that doesn't seem to be the case, I wonder if LDS controls what information is available to the general public regarding dueling and different forms of summoning. Since they want to create an elite group of duelists and take over various other schools, making sure that people who aren't in their schools don't have the information or cards to work with Synchro or Xyz summons would make more people try to go to their schools in order to learn about them. As for Rituals, they are taught at LDS, but they don't get their own course like the other forms of summoning. I think that they were listed as just a part of another course on that poster Yuya saw when they first got to LDS.

I think they wanted to establish that what Yuzu feels and thinks about the situation matters to make her more relevant and important.
    I can understand that, but it kind of makes her doubts seem a bit forced when it could be so easily resolved. The fact that the audience knows that it wasn't Yuya also doesn't help in regards to the tension she feels regarding the situation.

Yeah, I wish the same, and I'm sure they could have made some exception for Norboru, but they probably wanted Sora to duel instead to go against the Fusion Summoner. I think Norboru will have Hayato's role, so I'm sure he'll get some episodes. Reiji's outfit is probably his casual one, so I think we'll see more of it, and I think that would be cool. I bet it would happen if there's 1 win, 1 lose and a tie, so Reiji and Yuya's duel would be the tiebreaker.
    Or he could have decided to officially join You Show out of support for Yuya and wanting to help fight off LDS. I thought that Yuzu would face the Fusion Summoner since her opponent uses Gem Knights. That would most likely mean that Sora will face Synchro monsters, unless they throw the audience for a loop and make him play Rituals instead. Having Reiji and Yuya's duel being the tiebreaker does sound like a good possibility. I'm sure that Yuya will win his duel. Yuzu's match would probably end in a draw or defeat given that her doubts on Yuya affect her plays during the match. I would imagine that Sora would win his match, but having him lose or tie would create more tension and cause for Yuya and Reiji to face each other sooner. I could kind of see Reiji wanting to challenge Yuya on his own terms instead of here for some reason, but it could go either way.

Blog Entries

I like ARC-V a lot better than Zexal, although it's not like you really need a lot to top that. I was a bit more ambivalent at the beginning since I preferred 5D's pace where they jump started the main plot by episode 3 but the upcoming duels seem to be great. I personally would have put Yuya vs Hokuto last since Constellars is easily the strongest of the 3 DT archetypes used by the students and would make for a better finale. Plus we could end with a guaranteed win rather than a loss or tie for you show dueling school.

Speaking of it, how does that school even stay in business with only 6 students and one type of summoning class? You'd think it takes money to pay the bills and to maintain the solid vision system and all that.

Anyways We know Yuya definitely has to win because of stargazer's ability.

Yuzu goes second and will most likely lose because of her crush troubled thoughts on not!Yuya

Sora could win to prove his worth to the school, or tie and force Yuya to duel in a tiebreaker match vs the woman in red/reggie.

I'm really liking Arc-V more than Zexal so far as well, but I also thought that the early episodes of Zexal, as well the first couple of arcs in general, were really bad. Still, I find the characters more likable/interesting, the duels have been pretty engaging, the pacing has been solid and they've been doing a good job in creating a sense of mystery with their world building to make me more interested in the series. Compared to the first few episodes of Zexal, I think that they've been using their time in Arc-V much more effectively in establishing the characters and setting, especially when there haven't been any unnecessarily long two-part duels yet. It's not perfect of course, but so far, it feels like a pretty darn good show and I'm eager to see how the rest of the mini-arc against the LDS students turn out. I imagine that this will lead to more conflict between the two schools, especially once Yuya and Reiji have their inevitable duel.

Blog Entries

I'm also loving how fast this series is getting subbed. I still remeber the old days when prismweapon(sp?) got out 5ds subbed by the next day at the latest. Then we had Zexal which like the pokemon anime at the time often took several weeks to be subbed and by that point I personally had long lost interest in ever seeing them again. But like XY, it seems Arc-V is popular enough to warrant faster fansubs and so I hope this trend continues.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast