Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V

Default Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V

Another Yu-Gi-Oh! anime has come and gone and now it's time for the 5th installation ARC-V.

Plot summary:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V centers around Yuya Sakaki, as he tries to escape from harsh reality by smiling. But one Duel leads him to make a determination to confront the difficulties and he will get the power of infinite possibilities. The show's main theme is "Take a step forward with courage!!"

Yuya is a student at a preparatory school, learning to become an "entertainment Duelist", a type of professional Duelist.

The story is set in Maiami City on the coast of Japan. Leo Corporation is run by its president Reiji Akaba. Thanks to the spread of the company's "Solid Vision with mass," "Action Duels" are born in Maiami City and has reached worldwide popularity. Children look up to star-level Pro Duelists, and they learn Summoning and Duel styles at various large and small cram schools, including the Yushu Juku that Yuya attends and the largest such school, Leo Duel School (LDS).

One day, Yuya ends up fighting an exhibition match with the current champion of Pro Duel world…
    The cast:

Yuya Sakaki: An 8th Grader who loves to entertain others. He’s a bit short, but he has a resilient and spry body, and he’s honing his skills in Action Duel at Yushu Juku . His dream is to become an “Entertainment Duelist” who makes everyone smile, just like his father! The sparkling pendant he wears is his lucky charm.

Yuzu Hiiragi: Yuya’s childhood friend who often cheers him on and encourages him. She’s a powerful and level-headed girl. The school of Yushu Juku is run by her father, where she and Yuya study Action Dueling. Her Special Skill is being a Tsukkomi with a Harisen.

Reiji Akaba: The President of “Leo Corporation”, a major company in the city of Maiami. He possesses a genius-level intellect, and is a Super-Elite Duelist to boot. He is the youngest Duelist in history to be certified to Duel in the Professional Circuit, at age 15.

Shiunin Sora: Interested in the Pendulum Summon Yuya does in his Duels, this mysterious boy decides to become his apprentice. He’s so cute that everyone falls madly in love with him!?
    With the 1st episode, "Swing, a Pendulum of Souls" coming in time I believe now is the accurate time to discuss our feelings about the series and begin a passionate debate which we will surely look back on when ARC-V comes to an end in a few years.
    Niji likes this.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Default Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V

I really like the sound of Arc-V so far. Yuya sounds like he has potential for being a good lead with some solid development, Action Duels sound like they can be a fun way to shake things up and I'm so glad that the series will include different kinds of monsters instead of being focused on primarily one kind of monster. While all of the spin-off series focused on a specific kind of monster, I thought that that was especially problematic for Zexal considering how nearly every duel involved Xyz monsters with little to no variations. It also didn't help that most of the duels came down to spamming ace monsters.

I like most of the character designs. Yuzu's design initially made me think of Kotori 2.0, but hopefully she will have more of an interesting personality and she should be dueling considering that the school is run by her father and she studies with Yuya. I don't think that dueling can automatically make a character good, but hopefully it can be used well to give Yuzu some development. Reiji's design and information just made me think of Kaiba automatically. All he needs is the traditional three thousand attack point dragon, which he will most likely get, and a little brother that he is protective over and he couldn't be more of blatant attempt to make their own Kaiab if they tried. Still, hopefully he'll be more interesting when the show finally starts.

So far, most of the news for Arc-V has left me feeling pretty excited for the series' premiere. Zexal's pre-release information didn't really turn me off, but it didn't get me excited either. So, hopefully this series will be really good.
    Niji, HumanDawn and PyroPokeman like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

*Angrily opens mouth.* JK, suckaz!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I really like the sound of Arc-V so far. Yuya sounds like he has potential for being a good lead with some solid development, Action Duels sound like they can be a fun way to shake things up and I'm so glad that the series will include different kinds of monsters instead of being focused on primarily one kind of monster.
    Yeah, I like the whole smiling to escape the harsh realities of life. I Hope he gets a good personality, and some good development. I really like how he's dueling to entertain others, and I Hope they give it some good attention, as it's one thing I noticed that seems to set him apart from other protags already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Yuzu's design initially made me think of Kotori 2.0, but hopefully she will have more of an interesting personality and she should be dueling considering that the school is run by her father and she studies with Yuya. I don't think that dueling can automatically make a character good, but hopefully it can be used well to give Yuzu some development.
    I would literally cut of an arm for them to make her a character treated equally to the male ones at this point -_- . But also, what's with the jumbo Astral gem things in her hair?

Okay, so here’s a list of my Hopes for Arc-V (semi-serious, semi-for teh lulz, if you get me). I call this the Niji Scale of Yu-Gi-Oh! Series Excellence! It’s basically stuff I like to see/ would like to see in a YGO series.

Last edited by Niji; 25th March 2014 at 09:54 PM.
    HumanDawn and PyroPokeman like this.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

To be honest I am loving the new character designs. In my humble opinion Yuya, Reiji and Yuzu look better then Yuma, Kite and Kotori to me.

Here are some screenshots from the pre-ARC-V special.

http://i.imgur.com/ESbDfZS.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/vhms79Z.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/TJNI8oQ.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/bnkukyz.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/1SRDZhT.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/XhXTB4N.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/xOjEA1A.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ALp2L7T.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/IvjYLK8.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/MIspZtx.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/bgvT6gm.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/jGcTKrl.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/y3wZceI.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/XZlNavI.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/92g10hj.jpg

A video link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11n6NjpiiX0

Also for anyone interested here is a spoiler of how Episodes 1's duel turns out.

Le Choléra Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Arc-V looks interesting. Hopefully it'll be able to hold my interest, something which ZEXAL failed to do.

ZEXAL was not that bad in my opinion but the fact it lowered most people's standards probably helps contribute to the hype for ARC-V. Plus let's be honest the visuals for ARC-V look amazing in comparison to ZEXAL's lower tier visuals from its first few episodes and the better the visuals the more interested people would be in seeing it.

While Zexal is still my least favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! series out of the four completed series, it did improve and I grew to like it still. That being said, I can definitely see why it wouldn't hold people's interest. I think that a major factor for that was the first few episodes. While I think that the first duel between Yuma and Shark was good and setup the plot fairly well, the rest of the episodes until their rematch in episode ten were pretty bad. They dragged the duels far too long, the characters that they introduced in those episodes were all unnecessary in the grand scheme of things in my opinion and what little advancements in the plot we had weren't really worth most of those duels being two-parters. Compared to the other series' first ten episodes, I think that Zexal start was really lackluster. Not to mention the pacing for the first couple of arcs in general were pretty bad for me and most of the characters weren't particularly interesting either.

That's one reason why I'm hoping that Arc-V has a good start. If the first chuck of episodes of any series are weak, drag on or are boring, then that would just turn off a lot of potential viewers right from the start. Having a good start can help to grab more people's attention and it could show signs of how good the series can potentially be down the line.

The special for Arc-V was pretty fun. I was hoping for more clips from the show, but what we did see was pretty good. I really like Yuya's design and seeing him ride the pink hippo while dueling is just so ridiculously adorable that I can't help but love it. His father also looks like a circus ringleader, but I imagine that's suppose to tie into how he inspired Yuya's dream to become an Entertainment Duelist. I'm still excited for the series and hopefully will enjoy its premiere episode later this weekend.
    HumanDawn likes this.

The first episode was solid in my opinion. The way how it felt like we entered right in the middle of these characters lives was cool and Yuya and Yuzu were really endearing to me. The other characters were good as well and I like how professional the episode began with having managers and endorsements, it was a nice parallel to how professionally 5D's started. The duel was good and I liked the Action Duel concept more then I thought I would mostly because they actually have to look around and catch the cards on time instead of getting a free car without even trying. Yuya's Pendulum summoning sequence was awesome and in my opinion I really hope that they become permanent the next time he uses it and that he has a 2nd Odd-Eyes Dragon to spare if his 1st one permanently becomes Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon. Overall it was a solid first episode and was better then GX, 5D's and ZEXAL's first episodes.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Those hippos. :0

Also, if I understood the episode right, did Yuuya invent pendulum summoning?

Anyway, I haven't been into Yu-Gi-Oh since the end of 5D's first season, but the episode caught my interest for being really fun and entertaining to watch, so that's nice. Sort of want to re-watch the other series now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Garren View Post
    Those hippos. :0

Also, if I understood the episode right, did Yuuya invent pendulum summoning?

Anyway, I haven't been into Yu-Gi-Oh since the end of 5D's first season, but the episode caught my interest for being really fun and entertaining to watch, so that's nice. Sort of want to re-watch the other series now too.
    Yep he basically invented it. Well at least until the villains reveal themselves and casually act like Pendulum summoning has existed for ages. I really hope that the blonde guy who showed up in the opening with what seemed to be 3 copies of 1 monster ends up being the 3rd member of ARC-V's power trio. He really looks cool and the opening made him and Reiji look like legit competitors.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

The director of Arc-V directed the first half of 5D's, which was very good and well handed. if they kept on directing it maybe Jack wouldn't have had so many fangirls moments...

The first episode was really nice. Lots of characterization from the start, and a nice variety of characters introduced. I like the concept of Action Duels, although they can be very DEM. The father of Yuya being more relevant isn't a surprise, but at least his mother had more dialogue in one episode than Yuma's mother in all of Zexal. I wonder how they'll Action Duels against the villains...

Blog Entries

After watching the first episode in 3 second increments, I would say they handled it better than Zexal's but idk by how much since my vid was screwed up. AT least no more 5000 attack aces on the first duel this time.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopa View Post
    AT least no more 5000 attack aces on the first duel this time.
    Yuya's opponent had raised their ace monster's attack to 5000 ATT at the end of the episode though.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I liked the Opening Song (especially when it got sort of a dark, trippy sound during the Pendulum Summoning scene), but I wish they showed off more of the characters. Besides the two antagonists flashing by, it was all just Yuya's Monsters and his friends.

I like how GX, for instance, had it show off a bunch of the characters' decks in the OP.
    Niji and PyroPokeman like this.

I thought that this was a really solid first episode. The opening theme had a really cool beat to it with some nice images, while the ending theme was a nice light-hearted song to end the episode with. Yuya is just so likable to me already. They establish his personality so nicely. He looks like he can be pretty laid back, clearly a clown and enjoys providing entertainment, but he is also hiding some sadness inside of him and acts that way possibly to cope with those feelings. There is still a lot of good potential with his character and I just love that. I also like how even though he rides on a pink hippo dressed as a clown, they didn't make him too goofy or idiotic. That was one of my problems with Yuma when Zexal started since he was too stupid for me to consider him funny. So far, they haven't done that with Yuya and I hope that continues. The other characters didn't really stand out that much to me, aside from Yuzu, but they did just jump right into their lives and the focus is all on Yuya, so they'll probably get some attention later on.

The Action Duels look pretty fun. I love seeing Yuya ride on his pink hippo. It's just too ridiculously adorable for me. I also loved seeing the hippo jump in the air, being sacrifice in mid-air for Odd-Eyes and Yuya jumped onto his dragon's back. That was awesome. I'd love to see more cool summoning scenes like that in Action Duels. It also makes me think that Action Duels would be seriously fun to play in a video game. As for the Action Cards, I'm kind of mix on them. It does feel kind of cheap for people to just use a card outside of their deck and it can be used to get out of tight spots pretty easily. On the other hand, they still have to work in order to grab the card in time and Yuya did have some good strategies with Action Cards during the match. I'll see how I feel about them after a few episodes.

Yuya creating Pendulum Monsters with his magic pendant seemed much more cheap to me. I was expecting that Pendulum Summoning was already established in the series, but apparently it wasn't. The summoning itself looked really cool though. I'm sure that the magic pendant allowing Yuya to create Pendulum Monsters is connected to the plot. I just hope that he won't be the only character with Pendulum Monsters in the series for too long.

Arc-V has left a really good first impression. I liked the way the first couple of episodes in Zexal set things up, but this first episode has left me more excited than the first episode of Zexal did and I really hope that Yuya remains so likable. I'm quite eager to see where the story and his character goes in this series, so I'm quite happy with the show so far.
    HumanDawn and Niji like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast