Your favorite Anime? - Page 10
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Anime?

Come on! Delta Eagl--THUD Siliva's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Your favorite Anime?

My favorite anime would probably be Gurren Lagann, if only because it got me into the mecha genre to begin with. I've seen the whole thing 2 times. (lol obsessed much?)

Now, I'd pick Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's, but dammit, that show is full of so much crack now, I don't think it's so worthy. Forget anything past episode 26 (or for some people 64) exists and you're good.
    Places to find me?
    DeviantART
    Youtube
    Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Mobile Suit Gundam; f*ck the new Gundam. It's just PURE bishiness and ninja robots. (Same goes for Code Geass. It sucks.) I like my mecha to move slowly, to be able to block by using an over-sized shield, and to move by using gears, not with leg strength.

Axis Powers; Hetalia: Stereotypes FTW. You gotta be able to laugh at yourself to understand the manga and anime, though. I get offended from time to time. Maybe that's why I like it so much? I'unno.

Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan: It's randomness, disturbing storyline, gory scenes, and creepy nature grows on you.

Higurashi: It's cute and disturbing. What more could you want?

... That's end of my list.
    A la Louie Armstrong, "What a wonderful world!" </sarcasm>

The Ballsy Leader Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

My Top 9: (in alphabetical order)
    Code Geass: The first season was FABULOUS! Even if R2 was a train wreck, it was an entertaining train wreck. So many memes...

Death Note: Whoever thought eating a potato chip and writing in a notebook could be so epic? I'm not claiming it was the greatest morality debate ever produced on television, but it was an interesting idea. Great soundtrack, great voice acting, great story.

Digimon: The first season is and forever shall be the best imho. I would always tune into this after watching my daily episode of Pokémon. Once the second season came on I started to tune out, partially because it was on around the same time as Pokémon, and partially because my favorite characters got stuck playing second fiddle to some new kids. I still consider the dub awesome for the most part, but that's probably because of the nostalgia filter. Except the theme song. "Butter-fly" > "Digimon: Digital Monsters" by far.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Many people say this series is overhyped, and I can see where they're coming from. It's not perfect, both the first series and the second series/manga have their flaws. It's easily forgiven though when you're presented with diverse and sympathetic characters, excellent voice acting, amazing attention to detail, and a wonderful soundtrack. Personally I prefer the first series (which is why I have it all on DVD), but I enjoy both and plan on getting all of the manga someday.

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo: An interesting alternative take on the novel by Alexandre Dumas. Basically the original story in the future with aliens and mecha. The art style might not be for everyone, but I thought it was beautifully animated (except for the mecha battle. That was kinda iffy.)

Monster: Normally I don't go for anime/manga that deals with "normal" people (i.e. No superpowers, mechas, or any of that jazz) but I was trying to fill the void of having to wait for the second season of Higurashi (I would have put that up here, but I've lost interest as of late.) The title and summary caught my interest, so I gave it a try. It takes about 4 episodes for the plot to get rolling and it kind of lulls from time to time, but overall in was an intense and engaging series. Plus it has a kickass instrumental for an opening song.

Pokémon: I'm pretty sure this was my first exposure to anime. Does it have it's flaws? Oh my goodness yes, it's one of the most ridiculous animes I've ever seen (Seriously, bubbles exploud?) but I still love tuning in to watch Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket in their adventures in the Pokémon World. I also love seeing the Pokémon fleshed out from the games. Watching the show has gotten me to like quite a few Pokémon I wouldn't have considered using before (eg. Chimchar.)

Sailor Moon: My cousin introduced me to this around the same time I started watching Pokémon. Are the Sailor Scouts' outfits impractical? Yes. Is it horrible cheesy and paced? Most definitely. Is everyone on the show braindamaged? (no one seems to be able to recognize the resemblance between Usagi and Sailor Moon, same goes for the other Scouts and the bad guys) Probably. Does all this combined make it any less enjoyable or awesome? Hell no!

Wolf's Rain: When I first watched this show back when I was in middle school, I didn't know what the hell was going on. I couldn't tell if the characters were wolves or people who could morph into wolves, so I dumped it in favor of FMA. A few years later I gave it another try and I loved it. The plot is kinda whacky: Wolves are thought to be an extinct species, but it turns out there's quite a few of them left, and one pack of them are trying to find paradise with the help of a flower maiden. Also it hasn't rained in years. Like all of the other series I've listed it has its flaws, but what show doesn't?

I like quite a bit more, but they're not in my top faves.

HAS RETURNEEEEDDD!!!! AlexandraTheZoroark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

1: Pokemon
    2: Tokyo Mew Mew
    3: Shugo Chara
    Formerly LucarioGirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkapoke View Post
    I am writing a paper on dakimakuras.

I've only written four paragraphs, but it's already five pages long...
    deviantART|Scratch|YouTube|Fanclub

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

-Bleach (obviously)
    -Pokemon

Pretty much the only two I've liked. I tried watching Eureka 7 and Cowboy Bepop, but I didn't really care for 'em
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Post Thanks / Like

Gurren Lagann

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow 062regrahc on Tumblr

Sgt Frog and Yumeria. both crack me up in one way or another
    3833 < Glub glub! 3833

Post Thanks / Like

I obviously like Pokemon. xD But I have other favorites, too. Aside from Pokemon, I also like: Pandora Hearts, Special A, Marmalade Boy, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kimi ni Todoke, and others. But Pokemon and Pandora Hearts are my main favorites. ^^

Post Thanks / Like

toss up between lucky star and kekkaishi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

UPDATED LIST:

1. Pokemon
    2. Bleach
    3. Inuyasha

My top 3. :3 I like others, but I guess those are the only ones I should mention.

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

Post Thanks / Like

Soul Eater, totally. <3

the plot in the anime is really unique, and the characters are amazingly detailed.
    I have to say I love the art style too.
    Platinum FC: 1119-5155-5373

Post Thanks / Like

the big o is my new favorite (though of course it can never top cowboy bebop & samurai champloo)
    unfortunately, v. few people remember the big o or care about it ; n;
    so i'm forced to fangirl all by my lonesome

read my fics @ baticeer.lj

Registered User Prof.TripleXtraLarge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gurren Lagann
    HG:1763-7658-5788

Red Gyarados = PWNAGE Mizu Ryuu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I do have a "sorta-kinda" list, not in any particular order.

Pokemon: The series that got me into Anime. I started from the beginning of when Ash started his journey, and even saw the first 3 movies in Theaters. (Go me) And yes, I still have the Ancient Mew from 2000. Anyway, I've kept up with the Anime for the last 10+ years, and I see no sign of stopping anytime soon.

Digimon Oh, Saturday mornings in the '00s. Pokemon and Digimon went hand-in-hand those days. I was obsessed, just like with Pokemon. Collected the toys, watched the Anime religiously, saw the Movie in theaters. I still go crazy when I see new Digimon merch come out.

Dragon Ball Another Anime I started out with. I was pretty heavy into Dragon Ball as a kid, probably more so than Pokemon. I watched the dub religiously via Toonami on Cartoon Network. (We all know what Toonami is. ) I've been following it ever since, been watching the Dragonball Kai dub (Named Dragonball Z Kai in the States) and that is even better than the older dub.

Fullmetal Alchemist I was switching through the TV one day, and passed Adult Swim, and this cool Anime was on. I think the episode was when Ed was fighting Roy in the State Alchemist test-thing. So me and my obsessive nature followed this as well. I've seen all the episodes, just from watching on Adult Swim. I plan on buying the original Anime and Brotherhood on DVD, and the Manga for my collection. :3

Bleach Another Adult Swim Anime, yes I know. I got hooked the second I saw Ichigo transform into a Hollow and kick the crap out of whatever Bount he was fighting in that episode... So I decided to buy the first 3 seasons, I watched them, and re-watched them, and did so another 10 times until I was tired of them. xD I have a few volumes of the Manga, like 4 or 5. I've been reading Shonen Jump monthly, and keeping up with the new chapters weekly.

Keroro Gunso Also known as Sgt. Frog. I just call it Keroro Gunso, force of habit. That Anime is just so hilarious, and the dub is even better, and I crack up watching it everytime.

Soul Eater Both this and Keroro I got into fairly recently, and never turned back. Soul Eater is such an awesome show, a great cast of characters, although Excalibur was quite... annoying at first. But now I love his song. Yes, I have been certified insane. I am watching the episodes online, until I can get the money to buy the sets. As for the Manga, that is so unbelievably slow in coming out. it's like 3 a year, WTF?

I think I got them all.

Post Thanks / Like

In no order:

Azumanga Daioh
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    Gurren Lagann
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Cowboy Bebop
    Lucky Star
    FLCL
    Clannad
    Black Lagoon
    Axis Powers Hetalia
    Ouran High School Host Club

Somebody recommend me some stuff based off of my list.
    Last edited by Scolopendra; 8th November 2010 at 08:41 AM.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast