Yoshitoshi ABe

Thread: Yoshitoshi ABe

Default Yoshitoshi ABe

Does anyone else here number themselves among the fans of Yoshitoshi ABe - design and art direction of Serial Experiments Lain, original concepts and art of Haibane Renmei, to name but his two most popular of a wide, varied, and often utterly fantastic portfolio?

I played Phenomeno, a recent visual novel with art by ABe, recently. It was really quite good, and not only for ABe's art! Sadly, it also pushed home the rather shabby state of boku no nihongo. It's quite a short game, though, and I've ripped all the files out in my hunt for ABe's CGs, so I'm rather considering a one-person translation project once my Japanese is rather better.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Yoshitoshi ABe

I think it actually does have a translation. It's on the website fuwanovel. I don't want to link it here because I'm not sure if the site is entirely appropriate but hopefully you can find it.

I do like his art though. Watched a little bit of Lain before, but never got around to finishing it. I know the story already though. Also the Last Exile series is very popular as well. Haven't watched any of his works other than Lain unfortunately. I have a very large backlog to get through... sigh.