Where to get OSTs?

Thread: Where to get OSTs?

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Default Where to get OSTs?

Does anyone know how you can buy anime OSTs (legally, of course? I'm not looking for bootlegs and such) from the US?

I'm looking to write a musicology paper on the Puella Magi Madoka Magica anime OST, and would like to find out where I can acquire a CD or something of the OST. Last I checked, I couldn't find it on iTunes. I know you can get it with one of the deluxe DVDs, but not sure if I want to spend that much money when I'm mainly just looking for the soundtrack.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Official Link Fanglomper SSJ_Jup81's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add SSJ_Jup81 on Facebook
    Visit SSJ_Jup81's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Where to get OSTs?

Good question. With me, if I ever wanted a Japanese cd of something, I usually just went to cdjapan and imported them whenever I had extra cash.

In your case, have you tried looking for them on places like Amazon (or Amazon Japan)?

Edit: Completely forgot, but if you're near New York, you could always visit Kinokuniya. It's a store that caters to imported Japanese stuff, such as CDs, DVDs, manga, etc., so I'm certain you could find it there, or maybe you could call the store, and ask if they do deliveries.
    Last edited by SSJ_Jup81; 3rd April 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Hufflepuff is the place to be as loyalty and fairplay are very important to me.

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
    Edit: Completely forgot, but if you're near New York, you could always visit Kinokuniya. It's a store that caters to imported Japanese stuff, such as CDs, DVDs, manga, etc., so I'm certain you could find it there, or maybe you could call the store, and ask if they do deliveries.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    I am not, though I'll be in New York at the end of May for a conference, but I'd like to get started before that. I live in Boston.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Canadian here. Mostly, I order my Japanese CDs online. I've been able to pick up a few at conventions and there is an anime/manga store downtown in my city that stocks a limited number of anime CDs. I haven't really been able to find anything at big music retailers like HMV or Sunrise, mostly the anime stuff they have is DVDs.

Online, I mostly order my CDs from CD Japan, Play Asia, Amazon.co.jp or eBay (always be careful with eBay though). Of course, this would require overseas shipping in most cases (sometimes with eBay you find a seller who is selling their personal collection and is located in United States or Canada, but this is uncommon). I don't know if it's different for the United States, but when I ordered the Team Rocket's Secret Empire CDs from Amazon Japan (the other two sites didn't have them :( ) I got slammed in shipping (they made me do DHL which was almost $20 D:). I heard of Kinokuniya in New York, I would love to go there one day. :<