What Topic do you want to know the Japanese opinion of?

Thread: What Topic do you want to know the Japanese opinion of?

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default What Topic do you want to know the Japanese opinion of?

Like any culture, Japan may think of certain matters or subjects differently from other cultures. This topic is for the curious (and for those who could give answers to the curious), because it's about wanting to know the general opinion of the Japanese regarding certain matters or topics.

This topic is partially inspired by Mother 3's opinions. Normally regarded as a darling in the English speaking world, it is met with less welcome among Japanese fans, which the English fans no doubt found strange. Another inspiration of mine is about Yotsuba!&, because I recognise that it is revered in English-speaking territories on the internet for her innocence, even on sites willing to twist other franchises such as Calvin and Hobbes, so I wonder if Japanese people have the same level of worship and protection.

Besides that, I would like to know their opinion on showing characters smoking in what are children or pre-teen shows, manga or anime.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Official Link Fanglomper SSJ_Jup81's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add SSJ_Jup81 on Facebook
    Visit SSJ_Jup81's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What Topic do you want to know the Japanese opinion of?

Hm, for smoking probably not too much. Smoking is terribly common here. I can go up to a vending machine and buy some. I'm going to assume that as long as actual kids aren't portrayed as smoking it's no big deal.

Hufflepuff is the place to be as loyalty and fairplay are very important to me.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What Topic do you want to know the Japanese opinion of?

I would like to know thoughts on American cars such as the Ohio made Toyota Cavalier and the Saturns from the 1990s to the modern Classic American Cars such as the Chevy Suburban and Cadillac cars