What are some anime I could watch?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Soulweaver

Thread: What are some anime I could watch?

Default What are some anime I could watch?

I'm thinking of maybe watching a new anime series... I was wondering, what are some suggestions of good anime?
    It must meet the following conditions:
    - Sold in the US on DVD or legal digital download (so nothing that requires an illegal download or foreign import, and I'd prefer not to have to stream it)
    - I'd like a relatively short series... one that I can actually watch from start to finish. So nothing like Naruto or One Piece that is still going on or has so many episodes that it will take forever to watch. Also I'd prefer that it be a series and not a single movie, although if you know of a good movie I'll take the suggestion. Not a Studio Ghibli film though because I've seen pretty much all of them
    - Nothing too sexual or anything... preferably something less sexual than / equal to Chobits. It doesn't need to be a kid's show though
    - Genre - I like shounen but I'm not limiting it to that

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Default Re: What are some anime I could watch?

Hmm.... Why don't you try Ouran High School Host Club? It's a shojo series, but it's got humor and isn't totally romance. It's pretty great. You could also try Pandora Hearts. Pandora Hearts is considered a shounen series and it has a good plot to it. I highly recommend it.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Thanks. I've already seen Ouran High School Host Club (and it was great)... I'll keep Pandora Hearts in mind.

A cute little robot girl. Satoshi-kun's Avatar Social Media Deputy Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Satoshi-kun On Twitter Add Satoshi-kun on Facebook
    Follow Satoshi-kun on Tumblr Visit Satoshi-kun's Youtube Channel

Most of the anime that I watch nowadays are series that Crunchyroll streams, so my suggestions are going to be all streaming, unfortunately. But anyways, here are some series that I have been enjoying lately.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/you-and-me This one is a nice slice of life series revolving around a group of high school friends. While a lot of slice of life series that I have seen involve girls, this one is a group of guys. Nothing sexual, and the characters are all rather memorable. This one's a feel good series. This first season is 13 episodes, and there's a second season that just started airing. Also, thinking about slice of life series, if you have never seen Azumanga Daioh, you need to. This was released in the US by ADV, and should still be easy to obtain on DVD.

Bodacious Space Pirates Full Episodes streaming online for free This series is still airing, but is looking to be a nice shortish 26 episode series. If you enjoy a good pirate series, and enjoy a series with girls who are strong, but are NOT drawn in a way to be overly fan-service, you might have fun with it. If you want action, normal girls who aren't drawn to please a bunch of horny teenage otaku, and fun, here you go.

Hunter x Hunter Full Episodes streaming online for free There's a new Hunter x Hunter series, since you said that you enjoy Shonen. It's probably going to be a long series, but there are just 25 episodes so far, so if you start now, you'll be caught up in no time.

If you can deal with streaming, these could be good series for you. Personally, I don't mind streaming with Crunchyroll, and have paid for a premium account with them for years. It's cheaper than buying multiple series on DVD, it's a good legal way to watch anime, and they get some series that would probably be overlooked by the anime companies here in the states.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Death Note - it's a must see XDD.

The World God Only Knows - it's harem, but not those kinds of harem where the boy is stupid beyond everything. The boy of TWGOK is clever and you'll find him easily likable.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - It's one of those classic magical shoujo anime...not. This is not for kids - the depth of the story really pains it.

C - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. Long title, huh? It's an anime on finance, and has an excellent story format

Tiger & Bunny - if you loved those classic hero cartoons, you're going to love this 1000%. If you hadn't, you'll still love it 100%. It's got awesome character development.

Rozen Maiden - another classic fav of mine

100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is where my expertise with the anime world comes into play I'm only going to list 5 titles and they are 5 of the best

1.Voltron
    2.Robotech
    3.Astro Boy(80's version)
    4.Battle of the Planets/G Force
    5.Inuyasha

Gardevoir Enthusiast Okami Takahashi's Avatar
    Follow Okami Takahashi On Twitter
    Follow Okami Takahashi on Tumblr

Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

One Piece.

And if you're into excessive panty shots, the anime adaption of Rosario + Vampire. Voicing's pretty good as is the music, but it's nothing compared to the manga.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

The Pokémon anime :B

Death Note is pretty good, and what about Dragon Ball?

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    The Pokémon anime :B
    In all seriousness, the Pokémon anime is quite a horrible hive of repetitive structural episodes. That's if we don't talk about the Indigo League and maybe Orange Islands as well. The movies are a whole new ball game though, they're actually worth watching.

I don't really know about licensed and not licensed stuff in America so I can't help the OP though. Crunchyroll, as mentioned above, has series to stream though.
    Baka-kun likes this.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Code Geass - Probably one of my all time favorites. Must see.

Death Note - One of the most suspenseful and intriguing animes out there. Also 100% original.

Bleach - For obvious reasons. Definitely another must see

Fullmetal Alchemist (not Brotherhood) - An all-time classic. Another must-see. Can get you hooked though from the moment you watch it.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

This one is a bit long(It's 154 episodes, I think), but I absolutely love it. One of my most favorites. It's Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's I'd watch it subbed for sure, though.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me