What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread? - Page 375

Page 375 of 497 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 7455
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Cardcaptors

Blog Entries

Visit double trouble!'s Youtube Channel

Accel World - 24

Blog Entries

Cardcaptors

Visit BlackHawk42's Youtube Channel

Sword Art Online

Sig Created by Me :D

Advanceshipping Ftw

Blog Entries

My-Hime

Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

Kokoro Connect, episode 12.

EB3
    Blog Entries
    Add EB3 on Facebook Add EB3 on Google+
    Visit EB3's Youtube Channel

K-ON. Any fans here?

Many thanks to the Pokecharms website for helping me create the trainer card.

Game Name: RIKUYA
    Pokemon Black FC: 3997-6163-9802.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I think it was the world God only Knows episode one

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal subbed episode 71.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

The World God Only Knows Season 2

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Panty and Stocking, episode 12 of the English dub.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

My-Hime(and still watching it)

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning

While I was hyped about seeing this film (read: little sleep last night), I was admittedly apprehensive, due to it essentially being a recap and all. I was also fearful at how my older brother and his fiancé would take the film; having never seen Tiger & Bunny or hell, any anime after the first 3 episodes of Soul Eater.To be honest, I loved the film. My older brother loved the film (especially Fire Emblem and Doc Saito) and his fiancé, while admitting that the film wasn't her thing, said it was good (fair enough).

Being a recap, it was obvious that the film was going to repeat itself to begin with. However, I really loved the way this was done. Even the smaller things like seeing Wild Tiger changing into his Topmag costume in the car while going out to try and stop the monorail hijacking and the random split-second appearances of Barnaby before his introduction really helped keep it fresh. Some of the earlier scenes (like Kaede and the ballet-thing) seemed a fair bit rushed (as is expected of a recap), but they were still there long enough to serve their narrative purpose. For those of you who are interested, the movie only recaps the first two episodes before going into its own original story, however, they did add in some things from later in the series.

I was especially surprised to see the film cover Wild Tigers past so early on. I felt this was a great touch for the film, as it gave the audience something to help sympathise with him (other than the whole replacing by a rookie thing, which I think only the older viewers would understand).

I also loved how the film really played on the more comedic feel the main series often had. Examples of this are when Origami Cyclone asks Sky High why he's running to a scene instead of flying. Sky High's first response is that running is faster than walking, then when Origami Cyclone mentions his powers, Sky High activates them and says that without his jetpacks, all he would do is float. The entire cinema was in hysterics numerous times, which is an experience I absolutely love (and has only happened once before, with The Avengers). Another favourite scene of mine was when Wild Tiger tried to set up Barnaby and the heroes so they could get to know each other more and Sky High stated that he didn't understand what was going on, only for a pissed off Rock Bison to say "I'll tell you later" xD. It was also nice to see Rock Bison's powers finally explained (although I have to question why he was showing off to Dragon Kid? 0.o). I felt like every hero had their moment which no matter how brief, really shown off the character, which was really good. I especially liked the scene when everyone is rushing to a criminal and Blue Rose stops to create an ice mirror to check her hair and Dragon Kid ending up looking into it and wondering if ear rings would make her ears stretch, which tied into the hairpin thing from later in the series really well. This film was directed very well.

My only criticism would be the new movie-only character Robin (I think his name was?). He didn't really feel like a threat at all (who could take him seriously with roller blades anyway?) and he didn't really speak much, except to mock the heroes' attempts to stop him. Also, the moment Barnaby mentioned his powers, I instantly clocked that the only way to defeat him would be to get him in a place where he was alone and beat him 1-on-1...but how long did it take until the characters realised that?

Overall, it was a very good film that did a fantastic job with fleshing out the series and all of its characters, but it could have done with a much stronger final antagonist.

When leaving the cinema, my brother said he wanted Domino's Pizza and Pepsi. Shame I couldn't force him to actually do that, as we had pizza for lunch.

8/10

Blog Entries

My-Hime

Rune Soldier (which is great)