The thread of Otome (2014 Spring - La Corda d'Oro Blue Sky) - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The thread of Otome (2014 Spring - La Corda d'Oro Blue Sky)

Follow Elysion on Tumblr

Default Re: The thread of Otome (2013 Fall - Diabolik Lovers)

"I could not love you."

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Elysion View Post
    Game spoiler

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr Visit Leggo's Youtube Channel

Spoilering this just in case, but then again this is why I don't visit Tumblr or specific anime discussion threads when I'm behind on watching up to the latest episode.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Now she finally awakened. Everyone's enemy, Cordelia -.-

Still interested how things will go from here

Blog Entries

Just one more episode until the season is over!
    Yui!Cordelia just looks weird in that dress. Also, the fact that Cordelia should have thought more ahead of herself since Yui has limitations in her abilities and that fact that Yui is still a human unless she gets turned into a vampire which I doubt she will because maybe it would change the flavor of her blood(?).

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    Just one more episode until the season is over!
    Yui!Cordelia just looks weird in that dress. Also, the fact that Cordelia should have thought more ahead of herself since Yui has limitations in her abilities and that fact that Yui is still a human unless she gets turned into a vampire which I doubt she will because maybe it would change the flavor of her blood(?).
    OMG there's going to be an Uta no Prince-sama season 3? I hope they make it like Season 1 or better :D Personally, I would have loved Nanami to end up with Shinomiya or Ittoki, but Ichinose is totally fine XD (Cecil was.... no... ;_; he kinda ruined season 2 for me). Ah, the rules of otome-game based anime where you can't end up with someone and have to be friends with everyone. Though... personally, I'd say Uta-Pri Season 1 was more like, Nanami's own reverse harem. I mean, she kinda chose all the boys as her 'boyfriends' when they 'confessed (wanted to be career partners with her)' XDD

As for Diabolik Lovers...

As for a season two, unless the current season did too poorly than we think, there's probably going to be one sooner or later. Diabolik Lovers has a sequel game called Diabolik Lovers: More Blood. They have more vampire boys to choose from in that game. It was only recently released, so we're probably going to have to wait till next year or so.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Okay... so Diabolik Lovers ended.

The ending was rather poorly done. I was watching the screen like wtf the six boys are just talking to the camera what is this i don't even.

Follow Elysion on Tumblr

Yeah I didn't expect much from this anime and tbh I watched it because it was short and I could poke fun at it. I read a review of the visual novel before and the guy didn't seem to like it much at all. I mean I haven't played it so I wouldn't know but I certainly don't want to be called chichiinashi or bitch-chan...

Then again I think DiaLovers wasn't supposed to be viewed as your regular otome and it wasn't meant to give Yui a happy romance with prince charming.

Nonetheless the anime was poorly executed and obviously it was done hoping for some commercial success from the female viewers.
    Leggo likes this.
    "I could not love you."

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Diabolik Lovers certainly differs from other otome games since it's more based on horror, and the guys are possessive and sadistic. The game had done well (I mean, it got a sequel game - it must have been a success in one way or another), and personally, the game had better content.
    If the anime had 25 episodes instead of 13, then maybe they could have touched more on the boys' past instead of that one-episode flashback where it didn't tell much. And of course, it would have enabled them to focus more on relationship development rather than rush through the story after a few blood-sucking episodes ;_;

There are actually several humorous situations in the original games, but none were used in the anime, unfortunately.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: The thread of Otome (2014 Spring - La Corda d'Oro Blue Sky)

La Corda d'Oro (or Kiniro no Corda) had its first anime series in 2006. Afterwards, it got a two-parter special in 2009. And finally in 2014, they finally got another season. Fans of this series had been anticipating the new season, and here it is.

Plot:
    Quote Originally Posted by La Corda d'Oro Wiki
    Soon after transferring to Seiso Gakuin, Kanade finds the orchestra club in the middle of preparing for the National concur. Teaming up with the other members, she will improve her skills, meet new rivals and create memories for what will become an unforgettable summer... - Kiniro no Corda: Blue♪Sky - La Corda D'oro Wiki

Blog Entries

I have never watched any of the older La Corda d'Oro anime, but I have read the manga.

EDIT: I didn't know the first episode came out already.
    Last edited by Leggo; 5th April 2014 at 11:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I watched the first episode of La Corda d'Oro Blue Sky, and I have to say, it was pretty amusing.

It wasn't a bad first impression, so I'll probably keep up with the anime, and maybe take a look at the previous series.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

As a male, I would probably be out of place in a thread about otome games, but I have a few questions from otome lovers.

1) What are the characteristics typically found on female lead characters?
    2) What kind of characteristics do male characters have, generally?
    3) Are yaoi commonly found?
    4) Are there any sort of marriage in the games?
    5) In case of a pair you wanted, do you prefer to discover (don't read guides) or be spoiled (read guides)?
    6) Do you prefer a simple visual novel game, or one that has a bit more substance (addition of minigames)?

If some of the questions are obvious, I apologise for that.

Thanks for reading.
    "True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self."

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    As a male, I would probably be out of place in a thread about otome games, but I have a few questions from otome lovers.
    I'll try my hand at answering these questions.

1. What are the characteristics typically found on female lead characters? The heroine (as I like to call them) is usually weak, not assertive, and is usually the typical damsel-in-distress. She also might be naive. I might be thinking more about anime heroines, though.
      Note that the heroine might be happy-go-lucky and positive, iirc. Though, I would think the heroine's personality would depend on who is playing because the things you pick to say and the choices you make does affect the attitude the male characters have towards the heroine and what the heroine can do.
    2. What kind of characteristics do male characters have, generally? The male characters are bishies; being strong, handsome, and they try to help the heroine by saving, protecting, taking care of, etcetera her.
    3. Are yaoi commonly found? I looked up the difference between yaoi (guys doing sexual stuff to each other) and shounenai (the light, cute fluffy stuff). As I have seen, yaoi involving the dateable guys is usually seen in fanart and the fanbase (i.e. doujinshi). It might be more shounenai or bromance, but in otome games, I think they might be more interested in the heroine than each other.
    4. Are there any sort of marriage in the games? Marriage like dating? Or marriage like "they got married" happy ending? If it's the "they got married" happy ending, there might be one depending on the setting and the plot of the story.
    5. In case of a pair you wanted, do you prefer to discover (don't read guides) or be spoiled (read guides)? I prefer going in and trying to get the guy unguided rather than looking up how to get him because it does spoil some of the fun of trying to get the guy. If I'm going for getting all the guys, then I would look it up.
    6. Do you prefer a simple visual novel game, or one that has a bit more substance (addition of minigames)? I don't really know about this because I like both. A simple visual novel game does get boring sometimes and one with a minigame does give it more because achieving or failing the minigame affects what you are going for and your standing/ranking in the game. I guess maybe a minigame would be better because with a simple one, I might get bored and just skim through.
    Last edited by Leggo; 10th April 2014 at 11:42 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    1) What are the characteristics typically found on female lead characters?
    I guess a common factor would be that they are average girls who are generally positive and willing to help others, and also naive. Other traits depend on the game. The female lead can be the daughter of a mafia boss (Arcana Famiglia), a talented composer aspiring to write wonderful songs (Uta no Prince-sama), or a 100kg girl planning to lose weight (Love Revo)

2) What kind of characteristics do male characters have, generally?
    They are all attractive. From young teenagers to middle-aged men, they're all attractive. Even if it's a boy that doesn't look attractive in appearance at first, they eventually turn out to be a prince who was temporarily a 'beast'.

3) Are yaoi commonly found?
    There are a few games with homosexual themes involved, but for the yaoi genre there are yaoi games (or BL/Boy's Love games), so yaoi is not as common in otome games.

4) Are there any sort of marriage in the games?
    There are games where the female lead ends up marrying the boy of her choice. However, the story usually ends there. Life after marriage isn't prominently featured, maybe an epilogue clip at most.

5) In case of a pair you wanted, do you prefer to discover (don't read guides) or be spoiled (read guides)?
    I like trying to get the love interest on my own, but if the game is too difficult, then I'd just read the guides.

6) Do you prefer a simple visual novel game, or one that has a bit more substance (addition of minigames)?
    I prefer games with mini-games involved. It gives me a chance to take a break from reading/listening to all the text and play a few games and puzzles before going on to the next chapter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast