The thread of Otome (2014 Spring - La Corda d'Oro Blue Sky)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The thread of Otome (2014 Spring - La Corda d'Oro Blue Sky)

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default The thread of Otome (2014 Spring - La Corda d'Oro Blue Sky)

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    An otome game (乙女ゲーム otome gēmu?, lit. "maiden game") is a video game that is targeted towards a female market, where one of the main goals, besides the plot goal, is to develop a romantic relationship between the female player character and one of several male, or occasionally female characters. This genre is most established in Japan, and is generally made up of visual novels and simulation games (particularly dating sims). Otome games are usually targeted towards the teenage market, and thus have little sexuality in them. The goal of these games is to have the desired partner fall in love and have a relationship with the player character, but the requirements for gaining a "good end" differ from game to game. While the plots of otome games differ greatly, there is usually a single female main character, and several good-looking males of varying "types".

Otome game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I thought there should be a thread where we can discuss and share information regarding anime that are based on Otome games. We're pretty much getting one or two every season, and it would be fun to compare the past ones with the new ones as well.

The title will change accordingly to an Otome-game-based anime airing in each season, but you can also talk about other series that aired in the past as well, such as Uta-no Prince-sama, Hakuouki, Arcana Famiglia, and the recent Brothers Conflict. However, if you've played through the games and know all about the plot, please keep them under spoilers.

2013 Fall - Diabolik Lovers.

This season will feature La Corda d'Oro Blue Sky
    Last edited by Yato; 5th April 2014 at 07:48 PM.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Re: The thread of Otome (2013 Fall - Diabolik Lovers)

Ooh this will be a good thread and I just watched the first three episodes of Diabolik Lovers. Why are they all insane ;_;? Shu is my favorite of the brothers because he's the only one not constantly trying to suck the life from her. Subaru doesn't seem to bad and Reiiji seems like the most likely to rape her but that's because he reminds me of someone from another anime. My favorite character though is the guy who appeared at the end of the second episode. He's sexy, mysterious and so far not insane.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

From what I've seen and heard about Ayato in the original Diabolik Lovers games:

I agree with Reiji looking the most dangerous guy out of them all, and Shuu is a sweetie <3 Kanato gives me the chills with his "Teddy, look - " sentences o.o I don't know about Subaru, but he might actually turn out to be the nicest guy... maybe. As for Laito... Idk XDD He'd better have a good backstory that explains his behavior, though.

Blog Entries

It's not the teddy things only. Kanato was stabbing his food with a fork and creepy smile. Subaru seems like the kind that will only be nice around her, and Laito looks like a pimp. He looks like he's going to make her his and pimp her out and would normally have a bunch of other girls around him while he sits.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I just remembered Celestia from Dangan Ronpa since *spoilers*

Moving in to live with them doesn't seem like a bad idea...except for the fact that you are risking your life.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

OMG I just watched the 4th episode of Diabolik Lovers

EDIT: for some reason, I'm getting an error and I can't merge my post with the one above. Sorry!

Blog Entries

Do we really need to spoiler stuff? I think that as soon as the episode comes out subbed that it makes the thread fairground for discussion without spoilering everything.

Anyways since we are the only two using it right now: I want to know if Laito raped her at the end or was just sucking her blood. That last part was intense. Also he's may be creepier than Kanato, and he was so annoying. Everytime he spoke you heard his nickname for her. There should be a limit to that nickname used in a conversation.

It was nice to see the mysterious guy again. I can't wait to see what he does in the anime. Would his name be a big spoiler in here because calling him mysterious guy is a pain.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

@Midorikawa;
    I went and spoiled myself on some of the character profiles and history (curiosity got the better of me) and here's my opinion

1. I don't think Laito raped her. According to minor spoilers, Laito enjoys getting Yui's way just to drink her blood by perverted means.
    2. Yes, he is certainly creepy - and he's got some major back-story that explains a lot about it. It's almost as creepy as Laito himself
    *game spoilers*

3. Yes, Mysterious Guy - Ritcher. I hope his anime role is much more interesting.

EDIT: I'm looking forward to Subaru's episode :D He's such a sweetie in the games!
    Last edited by Yato; 11th October 2013 at 11:00 PM.
    Leggo likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I just noticed how in the opening sequence, the blurred scene of Cordelia and Ritcher gets clearer and clearer by every episode? In the first opening, we could just see their outlines, but as of episode 5 we can now see their facial expressions.

And I really want to see Subaru and Yui interacting ;_; please in the next episode

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I knew it ♥ Subaru IS the sweetest boy ;_; he gave Yui a chance to run away, and he even gave her his Silver Knife that can kill vampires. He cares about her...

Laito said killing was the ultimate expression of love for them vampires - which is understandable. Kanato said they can't die, and also mentioned he wish they'd die easily. I don't know for how long they've been alive (assuming they have a very slow growth rate and/or stayed as teens for hundreds of years), but maybe letting them 'rest' is merciful action?

Predicting this as a horror tragedy where everyone dies. Maybe not.

*my mobile phone is having issues and I can't merge with the post above ;_;

Follow Elysion on Tumblr

Kanato scares me. Why do we have to see him at the beginning of all the recent episodes? ;_;
    Leggo likes this.
    "I could not love you."

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I am confused - why did they include a recap episode? :/ It's only been 6 episodes and what's the point in recapping?

Follow Elysion on Tumblr

I know right? Plus each episode's only around 13 minutes.
    "I could not love you."

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr Visit Leggo's Youtube Channel

I finally caught up! (watching this)

I thought Yui somewhat now has a chance of fighting back. Only since they are sadists and masochists (and twisted), they might not be bothered by the threat of death.
    It's interesting how Kanato seems to be the only one who bothered to kiss her on the mouth.
    For episode 5, I was so surprised how she managed to heal so fast after Kanato only to be bitten again by Reiji.
    Last edited by Leggo; 29th October 2013 at 07:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Okay, just saw episode 7 and it seems they finally found their way on track after 6 episodes of chaos + a useless recap. Finally an episode that makes sense.

Episode 7 included a lot of backstory about the siblings and their mothers.

Ayato was being harshly treated by his mother just because he was hanging out with his brothers. The mother was treating Kanato as if he was a toy. Not much on Laito, but the game spoilers:

And... the mother is having an affair with someone who isn't their daddy (referred to as uncle by Subaru in episode 6)

Shu and Reiji's mother also seems to show unusual behavior by showing a lot of care for Shu and completely neglecting Reiji. They have the butler with them, so it seems we can tell who's the first wife of the siblings' daddy. (Obv Shu's mom seems the first wife).

They also didn't show much about Subaru and his mom, but looking at how Subaru's mom looks sad in that tower (assuming it's locked?), it seems she's a damsel in distress and he's a knightly son who can't save her. I feel bad for them since Subaru can't be with his mom for some reason.

A lot of backstory and hints and clues were dropped here and there and YET we didn't get much from Subaru. I have a feeling they're saving him for the best since everybody who's played the games loved him (for spoiler reasons).

Hopefully, they show more of Subaru next week. PLEASE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast