This thread is for otaku only - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: This thread is for otaku only

100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: This thread is for otaku only

^Here is a small taste of how big my anime collection is
    Godanar,TMOHS S2,D-Gray-Man,Kanon,Asura Cryin' 2,Vandread S1&S2,Squid Girl,Girls Bravo S1&S2,Fairy Tail,Shuffle!,H.O.T.D,Bamboo Blade,Samurai Girls,The Sacred Blacksmith,Strike Witches,Gurren Lagann,Rosario Vampire,TWGOK,Sekirei S1&S2,Clannad,Kare Kano(His/Her Circumstances)
    the one sitting on top is one of the not available anymore 14 disc Superwallets
    Last edited by BMGF Anime Master; 30th July 2012 at 06:51 PM.
    Momoka and Wartortle like this.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Fan of New and Old Anime View Post
    I have a small amount(about 25-30)of my anime dvds sitting around me right now I can show them in a photo if anyone is interested?
    Yeees~!

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well if I had shown my full one of above photo that ^^would be nothing compared to the full photo of them
    Momoka likes this.

Blog Entries
    Add Greece on Google+

My mom doesn't like anime that much so I can buy the anime I want, like FMA, host club and Hetalia, I also have to get the anime I do buy checked by her so if there's cursing or something she doesn't like I can't get it...................

Yeah, I'd say I'm an Otaku.
    I like a bunch of different anime and manga, but I tend to appreciate manga more than anime.
    My favorite manga at the moment is Azumanga Daioh, which I have not yet seen the anime of.
    My favorite anime has to be Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Black Butler, although I know those were both manga first.

Quote Originally Posted by Greece View Post
    My mom doesn't like anime that much so I can buy the anime I want, like FMA, host club and Hetalia, I also have to get the anime I do buy checked by her so if there's cursing or something she doesn't like I can't get it...................
    Well, it could be worse... I know someone who sneaks stuff in cos the 'rents think it's a waste of money. They're like 21 or something, living with family cos they're still in post secondary(Lest anyone thinks mom's basement LOL). You're lucky that the anime you can buy is -probably- the dubbed version and they edit all the swear words and everything. I mean, you don't even get 'damn' in some of the dubs xD

Quote Originally Posted by Wartortle View Post
    Yeah, I'd say I'm an Otaku.
    I like a bunch of different anime and manga, but I tend to appreciate manga more than anime.
    My favorite manga at the moment is Azumanga Daioh, which I have not yet seen the anime of.
    My favorite anime has to be Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Black Butler, although I know those were both manga first.
    Me too! I read manga more than I watch anime xD Are you following the Black Butler(Or Kuroshitsuji as some rabid people demand it be called...) manga? It's hilarious right now x)
    Cosplays for 2012-2013
    [100%] - Lucia, Fire Emblem
    [100%] - Ecilan Ice/Ice Knight, Legend of the Sun Knight
    [50%] - Glaceon gijinka, Pokemon Gen IV
    And Potentially: Creus Sun/Sun Knight, Skarmory gijinka
    Anime Revolution 2012 - Tsukino-con 2013 - Sakuracon 2013
    Pokemon cosplay meet-up? =D

Quote Originally Posted by SiguusaEcho View Post
    Me too! I read manga more than I watch anime xD Are you following the Black Butler (Or Kuroshitsuji as some rabid people demand it be called...) manga? It's hilarious right now x)
    I haven't really read the manga yet, but I plan to someday.

Blog Entries
    Add Greece on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by SiguusaEcho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greece View Post
    Well, it could be worse... I know someone who sneaks stuff in cos the 'rents think it's a waste of money. They're like 21 or something, living with family cos they're still in post secondary(Lest anyone thinks mom's basement LOL). You're lucky that the anime you can buy is -probably- the dubbed version and they edit all the swear words and everything. I mean, you don't even get 'damn' in some of the dubs xD
    Point taken, but the only anime I have in my house in Pokemon, which truthful has become one of my least favorite, and it's only D/P/Pl and that season was my least favorite, But she doesn't check Manga and my video games that hard, so that's where my collection is bigger.

Hey, are any of you guys going to go to Otakon?
    Last edited by Greece; 29th June 2012 at 12:08 PM.

Excuse me in advance if this misses the point of the thread, but i would like to know how you posters define Otaku? The general consensus seems to point to someone who enjoys modern japanese culture in form of franchises build around fiction (Animé, Manga, Movies, Board games, etc.). But the term appears being used so restrictive, as not everyone would be worth to considered an Otaku by others. Is there a general consensus or can (and possibly should) any devote fan consider him/her/itself an Otaku?

For myself, i would consider me relatively obsessed with Pocket Monsters, therefore being a Pokémon Otaku. I enjoy the concept, the games, and the merchandise. I aspire to start an impressive merchandise collection someday, also for the purpose to compensate for my rather troubled childhood. Which also happened to be the time where i discovered Pokémon. Believe me or not, i am really a true-blue Pokémaniac, but i guess i am just not able to let things sound bright and entraining today. The depths of our fandom are the part i've been never really into, and possibly will never be. I also can't attend conventions or major events, because i suffer from severe social anxiety. Animé i've watched include most of those broadcasted in Germany, such as Dragon Ball/Z/GT, Naruto (Shippuuden), Case Closed (Detective Conan), Shin-Chan, Yu-Gi-Oh!/GX/5Ds, Shaman King, One Piece, Beyblade and Ranma 1/2 (and possibly some minor ones i missed due to not being sure about production origin). I also like Avatar, but i am not sure if that is called Animé, but it's certainly inspired by it. I also like the Pokémon Animé somewhat, but i grow to really wish they made one series targeting older audiences, but i have fond memories with most of the seasons. I only recently discovered that Cowboy Bebop and Serial Experiments Lain also aired here, which sound pretty interesting to me. However, i don't know much about Manga apart from the fact that the term was apparently coined from paintings by Hokusai, and that the strips follow a pattern which confuses me. Honestly, the only Manga i ever tried to read was a Part of Dragon Ball Z, and i quickly realized i like written stories or fully animated series better. That is just my personal opinion, and should not offend anyone here. I think i can understand why so much people are fascinated by it.

Registered Nosy Airliner Comrade Zhenya's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll say I'm an otaku.
    I started watching anime at like 4-5 years old and manga at 6-7. Very first anime was Pokemon.
    I wouldn't say I'm a otaku in general, but a Pokemon Otaku. It's probably my favorite anime, and I'd say all the theme song combined together teaches more things then all ​the religions combined together. (I'm extremely sorry if I just offended you with the previous sentence.)
    "Center, I have that little fuc... FOKKER in sight!" | Awesome Tumblr #1, Awesome Tumblr #2 FOLLOW for the best dashboard!

Blog Entries

Well, I am an Otaku XD
    I like watch anime since I was 5 years old. My first favorite anime was Digimon Adventure. It made some inspirations if I made something XD. But now I still like Digimon XD. I've watched Digimon, Sailormoon, Akko-Chan, Wedding Peach, Inuyasha, Pokemon, Let's and Go!, Dr.Rin, Medabots, Rave, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Hunter X Hunter, Sankarea, Guilty Crown, Arcana Famiglia, PreCure, Black Rock Shooter, and many more. But I don't like Naruto, Bakugan, Beyblade, Scan 2 Go (now airing in Indonesia, replacing Pokemon >:(), Kamichama Karin, Maria Holic :P

@Greece
    I'm actually staffing for Anime Revolution in Vancouver, so that's where I'll be this year, convention wise XD (Anyone else going to Anime Revolution, while we're at it? lol)

@Noiramaru
    The word 'Otaku' is a derogatory word over in Japan ~_~ But elsewhere like here, we use it pretty loosely just mean a fan of anime/manga/etc. I know some people who are very into anime and find it really rude to be a called an otaku, and others who wear the name proudly. -Shrug- It's up to the individual, I guess.
    Cosplays for 2012-2013
    [100%] - Lucia, Fire Emblem
    [100%] - Ecilan Ice/Ice Knight, Legend of the Sun Knight
    [50%] - Glaceon gijinka, Pokemon Gen IV
    And Potentially: Creus Sun/Sun Knight, Skarmory gijinka
    Anime Revolution 2012 - Tsukino-con 2013 - Sakuracon 2013
    Pokemon cosplay meet-up? =D

Blog Entries
    Add Greece on Google+

:(

It would be cool if one of you guys were going.

Visit Megaman3007's Youtube Channel

I started with Pokemon Yugioh and then DBZ. Then really got into it around 2004 with the Toonami block.

Blog Entries

Hey everyone :D Hope you all are having a good otaku life (I dunno what to say).

I'm going to a convention next month- Geek.Kon. I plan to buy quite a few figures, some manga, and another dakimakura. Though before I go, I need some funds. So, here's a video of some stuff I'm selling. I also got a Spice & Wolf Messenger bag up for grabs. VM me if anything strikes you fancy.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast