Is there any anime that you dislike? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there any anime that you dislike?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is there any anime that you dislike?

I could never get into the mech/giant robot type anime, so things like Gundam I never really liked. Also, when Kekkaishi was airing on Adult Swin I tried getting into it but I just couldn't. I love you Vic Mignogna but not even you could keep me watching that show.

I was a fan of Naruto for a while (mainly because of characters like Kakashi, Shikamaru, Neji, Kiba, and Rock Lee. I hated Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura.) but I lost interest when the series decided to turn into "Sasuke: Featuring Naruto"

Also Bleach. I tried getting into it but there's just too many characters for me to try to keep up with at this point.

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

Anime Angel InuNaruPokeAlchemist's Avatar

Casshern Sins, I just could not get into it no matter how hard I tried.

and Tenchi Muyo, just can not stand that series.

Blog Entries

While the ones I mentioned were bad, I'm glad there's no anime of Houou Gakuen Misoragumi. That one's bad because the lead's female misogynist of a mother is portrayed as one of the good guys. And if you're allied to the gay community, it's even worse. But worse than both of those is that the mangaka (Arata Aki) is in fact a woman. I'm just glad that most other female mangaka (such as Naoko Takeuchi) do not share her views. At least the series was aborted before they could even think of giving it an anime.

I was never into the robot anime either. Especially because for a while, people thought that all anime had giant robots (seriously, it's so bad it's made its way into the dictionary!). I think it was because a lot of the series aired outside Japan in the 80s and early 90s were about giant robots.

For those who don't know about it: Houou Gakuen Misoragumi - Television Tropes & Idioms
    Helga: Look, Phoebe you gotta snap out of this. I mean, criminy, it's not like it's the first time you ever farted. Heck, when you sleepover you do it all the time. You rip 'em all night long, they stink to high heaven. It's all I can do to keep from passing out.
    Phoebe: Just get out.
    - Hey Arnold

Sword Art Online for its misused potential and also the fact that the whole series became pretty messy with a lost plot after I believe episode 2 or 3. The series had like 3 or 4 episodes of Kirito having his harem moments helping a different girl out each episode while half-assing the romance between Kirito and Asuna. I think the anime tried to be everything in terms of genre but that completely backfired. It started off strong but I definitely did not expect and wanted the route that it took.
    ^^

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sword Art Online, Shippuden, any harem anime, and one other I won't mention (not Pokemon).

Madoka Magica. I just found it dull. I also thought that all it's clever bits had been done much better elsewhere. The only character I liked was Kyuubei. The nature of the show also annoyed me. Not the 'dark' nature but the sexist hidden behind feminist nature.

To be honest, I tend to get bored of anime and meh towards them rather than hating them... or they just become guilty pleasures.

I didn't like Pokemon: Best Wishes. Again dull. Lots of failed humour. Trying to be like Kanto, a series that was never that good in the first place.
    I wouldn't put Kanto on my list though since I'm more neutral to it.

I don't remember the name of the anime but there was one harem anime I watched with a pretty cool female cast, that focused all it's screan time on two really boring guys. I know, harem anime tend to be terrible but the fact that they had better characters but were focusing on the blandest was just really annoying. I didn't make my way through the first episode.

Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan. I saw the theme tune and thought I'd give the show a chance. Same mistake as above. All the focus on the dullest character. Also, it turns out that all the humour was described in the theme tune. I kind of feel like I should have seen it coming.

Stranger than you dreamt Batbloodx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To be fair, I think the reason for hating an anime based on the fanbase is a bit stupid.

Truly, if it's good; does it matter that much who else likes it?

also--

--I have a friend who gripes about High School of the Dead because of the excessive fanservice, even during moments when it doesn't make sense/actually conflicts with the natural flow of the plot or personalities of the characters.

I tried to get in to Hetalia, but I just don't find it funny. I stopped after a few episodes of "why am I watching this"

Happy Holidays! Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Batbloodx View Post
    --I have a friend who gripes about High School of the Dead because of the excessive fanservice, even during moments when it doesn't make sense/actually conflicts with the natural flow of the plot or personalities of the characters.
    Actually that's my main gripe with the series as well. I don't think the way the fanservice in this series, and it's zombies were balanced all that well.

Other than that I tend to dislike mecha anime, animes that spend an entire season trying to figure out it's own plot, and Kampfer.
    X: Dolce, αS: Nina
    FC: 4554 - 1270 - 5039

I strongly dislike most Shonen Jump animes, especially Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece. I feel that they are overrated, low quality animes. But that's just my own opinion.

Also, Stars Intertwined is a lying attrocity.

I was a little bored by tegen toppa guren lagen XD I don't really get the appeal... but the intro is super good and I loved that one scorpion lady.
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmm......
    Oh and I really can't stand aoi no exorcist XD that's all.
    BUGS!!
    We hope that, when the insects take over the world, they will remember with gratitude how we took them along on all our picnics.
    Currently wildly, violently obsessed with danganronpa..

超高校級の自然主義者

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Woman View Post
    I strongly dislike most Shonen Jump animes, especially Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece. I feel that they are overrated, low quality animes. But that's just my own opinion.

Also, Stars Intertwined is a lying attrocity.
    I agree with you. I find those shows to be way overhyped and get more praise than they deserve. I don't know, I tried giving them a chance and I tried to like them, but their stories just seemed way too shallow and hit a wrong note with me.

I don't really care for Gintama. I really tried to get the series. I watched around 50 episodes of it, so I'd see one of the "serious" arcs that everybody was praising, but it did absolutely nothing for me. It's not that I can't stand episodic anime (I like some Lupin III, for example) but Gintama is just so dull. The humor is rarely, well, humorous, and that's all it relied on like 98% of the episodes I saw.

High School of the Dead is in my dislike category, as well. Generic zombie plot (which we've all seen a billion times, and seeing once was more than enough for me) + over-the-top fanservice. Pretty much a lot of what I think is wrong with media all in one little show. >.>
    ~~

Stray Dog Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

I actually kind of have to agree with you on Gintama. It does have it's good points since a lot of the arcs can be serious and interesting, but its plot moves really really slowly and it just gets annoying. I liked it but it's hard to wait week to week when all you're getting are random episodic adventures that can vary between charmingly funny to just plain old dumb.

Another anime I didn't like was Maken-Ki, I read the manga for it so I figured I can give the anime a try, but the anime just removes what little interesting plot the manga had in favor of mindless fanservice, which is just annoying really.

Mushi-Uta.
    The premise is AMAZING!! Parasitic insects as a super power, best idea ever. But then they go and ruin it. The anime focuses way to much on three character's and their love triangle. After the first four episodes, the interesting mushi and the side characters just get completely ignored. The main male character is absolutely pure evil, probably my least favorite character ever. But the absolute worse part of this anime is how they treat the insects. The insects are CONSTANTLY getting murdered, along with their human hosts. Then in the end they go and demonify the bugs, and make them the "ultimate enemies" ;_; It was terrible..... I cried.
    BUGS!!
    We hope that, when the insects take over the world, they will remember with gratitude how we took them along on all our picnics.
    Currently wildly, violently obsessed with danganronpa..

超高校級の自然主義者

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator
    Follow TwilightBlade On Twitter

Log Horizon. I've only given it three episodes, but I don't like how Shiroe explains every move & strategy and how Akatsuki exalts him. Maybe there is a backstory I am completely missing.
    trade station
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast