Sword Art Online Discussion Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sword Art Online Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sword Art Online Discussion Thread

Episode 2 was pretty important so I didn't think it was skip able and jumping that many floors would kill a lot of suspense. And I thought the blacksmith and beast girl are reappearing. I find them good for the flow build a lot of atmosphere. Based on your comment a more continuous plot going to happen soon but I thought it was continuous enough even with the time jumps jaring as they were at first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

I love love love this series. Yay Kirito and Asuna~

Quote Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
    Well yeah, we finally got to start with the main story, I do have a question for the Anime-only viewers, how do you think the reception for SAO would be if Episode 8 was Episode 2 (We skip the Side Stories) like in Volume 1 of the Light Novels?
    I like the character development in the side stories. Episode 3 was pretty powerful as Kirito desperately tried to save his friends. Then, he went on that quest to obtain the item, which later turned out pointless... And then Sachi's message... Oh gosh. ;-;

Silica/Pina and Liz arcs were good too! I'm surprised there's plenty of girls in a virtual game, lol. I could do without the Griselda arc, but it showed that some took the game dangerously seriously.
    trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

«Hardest VA Job ever!» Netto Azure's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    Episode 2 was pretty important so I didn't think it was skip able and jumping that many floors would kill a lot of suspense. And I thought the blacksmith and beast girl are reappearing. I find them good for the flow build a lot of atmosphere. Based on your comment a more continuous plot going to happen soon but I thought it was continuous enough even with the time jumps jaring as they were at first.
    Well it's just that a lot of nitpickers complained about the time skips as "jarring" so I did wonder. As for Episode 2...well that thing was chopped up to bits and took out much of the Asuna's characterization so I'm biased against it.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightBlade View Post
    I love love love this series. Yay Kirito and Asuna~

I like the character development in the side stories. Episode 3 was pretty powerful as Kirito desperately tried to save his friends. Then, he went on that quest to obtain the item, which later turned out pointless... And then Sachi's message... Oh gosh. ;-;

Silica/Pina and Liz arcs were good too! I'm surprised there's plenty of girls in a virtual game, lol. I could do without the Griselda arc, but it showed that some took the game dangerously seriously.
    Yeah, it really hits home if you're open minded and just watch for fun. As for "plenty of girls" I think the Male to female ratio was 10 to 1 so yeah, it only appears to be a lot since the story focuses more on one to one interactions since that's what the author is better at. And it just became girls most of the time lawl.

Episode 9 PV!

Last edited by Netto Azure; 29th August 2012 at 04:33 AM.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Aww, this episode really made me sad. The whole scene with Yui near the end, hearing her explain her story and what will happen. You could really tell just how much Kirito and Asuna loved Yui, and vice-versa.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    Aww, this episode really made me sad. The whole scene with Yui near the end, hearing her explain her story and what will happen. You could really tell just how much Kirito and Asuna loved Yui, and vice-versa.
    I agree, this episode made me tear up a bit. It was very emotional in the LN and that translated quite well on screen. Other's might argue that a few days of knowing Yui is not enough to establish a deep bond, but that waves away the circumstances that people in Aincrad have lived through.

Blog Entries

Okay I don't get how Kirito was able to the GM commands.

I like how the Army was given a sympathetic back story since I found the idea of guild that is about unity and helping everyone get out noble.
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    Okay I don't get how Kirito was able to the GM commands.

I like how the Army was given a sympathetic back story since I found the idea of guild that is about unity and helping everyone get out noble.
    Kirito was able to access the GM commands because the account Yui used was still open after she had died. He was forced from the system as Cardinal shut down the account. I was wondering the same thing for a second.

How dare Kibaou force all those people to their death! ^^"

Credit to Blazaking for the banner.
    Nyan. ~Nyan Cat

Blog Entries

@Frantic; I meant technically wise no body uses terminals besides programmers now a days and this is in the future. So how did he know how to do things like save yui to his personal nervegear?

@Wyvernphlare; Ah, very true. I have no answer for that. I guess I'll just tell myself he's familiar with programming and that Cardinal isn't too hard to operate. Oh well, what do I know. ^^"

Credit to Blazaking for the banner.
    Nyan. ~Nyan Cat

Blog Entries

Ah this was a finely made episode. Can't wait for the next episode. The way they ended this episode is very touching.

I liked the end card. Very inclusive. :3

Anyways can't wait to see the subs from Crunchyroll. Even though I kinda knew the gist of what was happening it's nice to know what they're saying. xD

*Grabs some popcorn* This should be a fun day everywhere Tehehehehe.

Hi ^_^
    I love SAO, has everyone seen the 14th episode? Its great!
    I love the way it ends <3

I was surprised this anime was good so far. I tend to avoid popular anime, as they tend to be lame.

Episode 15 was a pretty big WTF. D:

Blog Entries

So I got my answer for Kirito's Computer mastery he's a fucking computer prodigy! >:(

Sorry but I got pretty fucking tired of the trope: "video game nerd has l33t h4xor sk111z". First of all just because someone likes videogames doesn't mean they are more technologically proficient. Second of all he got into the game when he was 14 since he's 16 now. Third of all if someone has super long attention span when it comes to games chances are they are not going to suddenly pick up as something as with such a huge barrier to entry as programming cause they would be busy with videogames and even after that there are videogame related comedy videos on the internet, gaming news and forums. Fourth of all child geniuses don't really do much sure they get their phd at 17 or whatever but after that... lets just say Nobel prizes and such far FAR from being dominated by former child prodigies

It's kinda irritating from a show that seems so realistic in behavior under dire circumstances and comes off as obnoxious.

Blog Entries

Well here's a Preview for episode 16:

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

Anyone still following this? I am, but is it me or is SAO becoming more and more boring? Nothing much happened in today's episode. Some bits with Kirito were funny, but I want my sword fights again. Maybe the elfish ears bother me too. And, his cousin. :p Well, Sugou can die in a fire for sure. x.x
    trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast