So I'm new to the whole anime thing.... - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I'm new to the whole anime thing....

Blog Entries

Default Re: So I'm new to the whole anime thing....

I third FullMetal Alchemist, Brotherhood or otherwise.

I've only read the manga, but Azumanga Daioh provides some good laughs.

Although I've heard it strays greatly from the manga, Love Hina was good. That one, however, truely seems to vary greatly from person to person.
    "I'm battling a Magma Abdomen" - my brother

A cute little robot girl. Satoshi-kun's Avatar Social Media Deputy Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Satoshi-kun On Twitter Add Satoshi-kun on Facebook
    Follow Satoshi-kun on Tumblr Visit Satoshi-kun's Youtube Channel

Default Re: So I'm new to the whole anime thing....

I think that you should view some of the classics as well. Films like Akira and the first Ghost in the Shell movie. I'd also recommend Hayao Miyazaki's films, such as Princess Mononoke and the Lupin III movie that he did, Castle of Cagliostro.

Most (if not all) of these movies should be somewhat easy to find in your country through a well-stocked movie store or a good rental outlet, which should make them easy for you to view them.

I also will chime in with Azumanga Daioh. It's not the newest and latest series, but it is one that has always had a following, and thus I consider to have "stood the test of time," and will continue to. Pleasant, fully, and even heartwarming at times, it is an animated series that does not force you to think a lot about things, but just enjoy things are they are happening.

There are many more great series to watch, but the fun of anime is when you get to the point where you start to discover your likes and dislikes. Hopefully my recommendations and the recommendations in this thread will start to get you to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrona View Post
    ...and Yotsuba.
    Wait, what? Has there been talk about making a Yotsubato anime?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12