Default Re: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) Discussion Thread

Did anyone read chapter 50 yet?

つまらないものはさっさと消去。

I read Ch 50.

Blog Entries

Follow Drey on Tumblr Visit Drey's Youtube Channel

I just finished watching the anime. It's my favorite anime of the year, I loved it! Going to start reading the manga now.
    HumanDawn likes this.

Hopefully we get a second season!! read the manga and would love to see the rest animated!

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by fateddarkness View Post
    Hopefully we get a second season!! read the manga and would love to see the rest animated!
    Hasn't there been some sort of confirmation of a second season already? Or am I mistaken?

Anyway, I think it's pretty clear the anime is going to have its own ending and have to divert somewhat, since the manga is only coming out monthly and is clearly not going to finish its story in time for the anime ending.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Misato Katsuragi View Post
    Hasn't there been some sort of confirmation of a second season already? Or am I mistaken?

Anyway, I think it's pretty clear the anime is going to have its own ending and have to divert somewhat, since the manga is only coming out monthly and is clearly not going to finish its story in time for the anime ending.
    Huh? What do you mean? There's no confirmation of a second season, although it's extremely likely that we'll get a second season, considering its popularity. But why would it have a different ending? The last episode was still pretty similar to the manga, and since they're probably waiting until there are enough manga chapters for a second season, I don't see why they'd have to give the anime a different ending.
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Pikachu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Misato Katsuragi View Post

Huh? What do you mean? There's no confirmation of a second season, although it's extremely likely that we'll get a second season, considering its popularity. But why would it have a different ending? The last episode was still pretty similar to the manga, and since they're probably waiting until there are enough manga chapters for a second season, I don't see why they'd have to give the anime a different ending.
    (Okay, I thought there had been a confirmation. Ignore what I said about that.)

The manga is coming out monthly. So in a year you get 12 chapters of manga. The manga does not seem to be heading toward an end anytime soon, and they're probably not going to wait more than a year for a second season. So chances are, the second season - if it's the last one - is going to wrap up the anime in some way long before the manga is finished. And if we do get more than two seasons - again, keeping in mind that we don't usually have years and years go by between anime seasons - the manga is not going to be coming out fast enough for them to adapt it faithfully.

Plus, the anime has already been making some small changes that are hinting toward taking a different approach than the manga does, such as with the way the Female Titan confrontation played out, and with emphasizing the Eren/Mikasa relationship more and making it more clearly romantic. I doubt we'll see something as different as, say, the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime was from its source, but an anime-original ending of some sort is highly likely.

I don't see why people see this as a bad thing, though. I would rather have two different but good versions of a thing I like, tbh. Especially if the alternative is the anime has to clog itself up with filler to catch up to the manga at times.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

In case anyone hasn't seen it, there's a special episode about the recon corps (focusing around Hanji) and

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I just saw it and holy shit it looks real. I heard that they're planning on making a live-action film, but if a 30 second commercial can look this good, I have really high hopes that the movie would be even better.

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate View Post
    I just saw it and holy shit it looks real. I heard that they're planning on making a live-action film, but if a 30 second commercial can look this good, I have really high hopes that the movie would be even better.
    Yup, they're making a live action movie set to be released in 2015.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345