Shaman king - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Shaman king

Default Re: Shaman king

wait WHAT?!?

whats in the new volume? im so confused...

I've seen the last 40 odd pages (in JP) and I'm confused too. I haven't been an avid follower of the manga, being too poor to bother investing in a set and my library having just a bit, and I hate reading manga online, but notable events that I picked up from what little I've read:

Wooow.

I hope a scanslation gets released soon!

Creepy adorable grin FTW ~DawnFairy=)~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow ~DawnFairy=)~ On Twitter Add ~DawnFairy=)~ on Facebook Add ~DawnFairy=)~ on Google+ Add ~DawnFairy=)~ on MySpace
    Add ~DawnFairy=)~ on Linkedin Follow ~DawnFairy=)~ on Tumblr Follow ~DawnFairy=)~ on Flickr Visit ~DawnFairy=)~'s Youtube Channel

Shaman King I THINK. I remember watching an episode of it online last night, dubbed I think (the dub isn't really THAT bad, people..lol). It was cool. Yoh learn's how to put Amidamaru into his Sword of Light (like in my video game)! It was episode 13 or something...yeah, i'm slow. ;.;

I like being pretty irl and wear dresses i wish i could go sweet lolita...
    Riku and Clefairies are adorbs :D

But it's dubbed by 4Kids! Seriously though - if an anime has Megumi Hayashibara in it, you're nuts not to watch the Japanese version! Oh~ she's such an awesome Anna ^^ That's one reason I like both manga and anime.

Which episode are you talking about PikaJ? XD There are so many different incarnations of Amidamaru/Sword OS, I can't remember them all!

connosieur of excellence MasterTrainer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikaJ View Post
    It was cool. Yoh learn's how to put Amidamaru into his Sword of Light (like in my video game)! It was episode 13 or something...yeah, i'm slow. ;.;
    That episode alone is on my top ten list of my Shaman King episodes. Silva was simply legendary!

Hey did you get to see how Amidamaru looked when he got into the sword? That really ticked off looking head thing...if you don't like that, then no sweat, Amidamaru will be back in an awesomer form soon!

Silva's words "one minute remaining..." (cant remember the exact time, might have been 5mins or such) always comes to me whenever I'm in a test at school. Chilling stuff.

I just love the way on how it ends! Yoh gave Silva his best shot and he is still standing! He even took that TOTEM POLE BAZOOKA!!!
    Next episode...the temperature is gonna drop to absolute zero.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaJ View Post
    Shaman King I THINK. I remember watching an episode of it online last night, dubbed I think (the dub isn't really THAT bad, people..lol).
    Quote Originally Posted by ii kanji View Post
    But it's dubbed by 4Kids! Seriously though - if an anime has Megumi Hayashibara in it, you're nuts not to watch the Japanese version! Oh~ she's such an awesome Anna ^^ That's one reason I like both manga and anime. Which episode are you talking about PikaJ? XD There are so many different incarnations of Amidamaru/Sword OS, I can't remember them all!
    Okay 4kids…I am with you on what crimes it has done over the years, (The Legend of Thunder (Oh the humanity!), One Piece (the HORROR!), Yu-Gi-Oh, Sonic X [strangely well dubbed, but still a terrible show ], Kirby and countless others…but for every Shaman King episode, I take an exception.

I somehow really really REALLY enjoyed the 4 kids dub. That might seem strange to many but hey, I really did enjoy it that much.
    Okay, I’ll agree that Anna’s voice is really squeaky in English but her VA does keep the same forcefulness as her Japanese counterpart. Heck I’m as scared of the English Anna as the Japanese even though her voice is so different.

Yeah they ripped out the nice vocals of Hayashibara, but the English intro does grow on you.

Anyway, my advice here is that to watch one episode after another. Shaman King is a non filler anime so every episode counts toward the story. Plus reading about the plot will really damage the fun of watching it.
    Plus, If I were you, I’d watch the entire English series FIRST then the Japanese series. This way you’ll enjoy it more (in my opinion).

A Poke-fan for over 10 years.

To be fair, I have heard that 4Kids didn't butcher Shaman King, but all the same...Hayashibara is something you shouldn't go without! And I can't imagine Ryuu not calling it the "BESTO PRRRRACE!"

Did I mention how much I love Ryuu before?

I just read the final volume of Shaman King. I have no idea what just happened, but I think I really like the new, proper ending. =D

It's an improvement on Princess Hao at the very least

It's a HUGE improvement over Princess Hao!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Bandage View Post

In a fit of desperation I ended up watching a bit of the English dub, and I have to say, it sucked. Yoh sounds gay, and don't even get me started on Hao! >_<

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast