Sailor Moon to get anime reboot! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sailor Moon to get anime reboot!

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Sailor Moon to get anime reboot!

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, I think Jennifer Cihi voiced Serena for DiC's dub.
    She had two different VAs during the DiC dub, so Jennifer Cihi was probably one of them. I know she provided her singing voice for many of the dub songs, like "Power of Love." But for some reason, Terri Hawkes is sticking out in my mind as the second VA, the one I liked better.

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

If it's going to be short, then I wonder if they will only do the first arc like Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon did.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ay carumba. a revival of my poor tormented childhood. between all of the things that scared me as a child this was on the top 3. and it did not help when i reloocked up what half the hidden stuff ment in those episodes a few years back. that warped and fryed my mind.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I am so going to watch this :) This is definitely something to look forward to

追放されたバカ

DID WANT!

Let's hope for more Jupiter Coconut Cyclone(and other plant moves)/Cyborg Hotaru!

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I heard about this at the Sailor Moon panel at Otakon and I'm really excited. I was a huge Sailor Moon fan as a little girl and it's continued to be a favorite series of mine (as evidenced by my profile pic) and since I've read the whole manga, I'm really excited that it's going to be based on that (although the "Stars" series in the manga is super-dark, I hope they vary from that a bit more).

Quote Originally Posted by $aturn¥oshi View Post
    If it's going to be short, then I wonder if they will only do the first arc like Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon did.
    Oh, I hope not! (since I'm a huge fan of the Outer Senshi) Also what I heard about the length from Otakon was more that they don't know how long it's going to be; it's getting a first season but they're not sure about future ones. It may be based on response to the first season.

Also, they're not sure if it's going to be released on TV outside of Japan or just on DVD. Which I wouldn't necessarily mind; DVD-only anime is often more faithful than something that is on TV and has to appeal to a wider audience than just otaku. But Sailor Moon was an extremely popular series and a pretty big part of a lot of people's childhoods even outside the anime fandom, much like Dragonball or Yu-Gi-Oh were (I wouldn't go so far to compare it to something as big as Pokemon was), so who knows what they'll do with it?
    Last edited by Misato Katsuragi; 31st July 2012 at 09:36 PM.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I heard about this new series last month and I'm still pretty excited for it. I barely remember watching the dub ages ago, but I have read the first four volumes of the manga, along with the Sailor V prequel volumes, and I've really enjoyed them. So, I'm eager to see what they're going to do with a new series and if it will stick closer to the manga.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Back here to revive this thread

I haz heard a rumor this reboot is going to be Season 6.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I prefered the Sailor Moon Manga so I hope it is more of a manga adaptation, and I also hope that it wont be only season one like Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon like $aturn mentioned. As for how it will be released I really hope it's on TV over here so it can easily be watched.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I don't see why they would make it into a season six. As a celebration for the anniversary of the franchise, it would make more sense to start a brand new series. Plus, now they can create a series that is more faithful the manga storyline. I really enjoy the manga, so I hope that they go that route as well. Brand new content would be cool, but I don't see them doing that with this series.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12