Sailor Moon to get anime reboot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sailor Moon to get anime reboot!

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Post Sailor Moon to get anime reboot!

Sailor Moon Manga Gets New Anime Series in Summer 2013 (Update 5) - News - Anime News Network

Following the manga storyline more closely, the new Sailor Moon anime, set to be released (simulcast/subbed) worldwide at the same time (in summer of 2013) will feature a whole new artwork and animation. This reboot will apparently be aimed at older fans.

So, what do you guys think?

I'm kinda embarrassed to admit (as a boy) that I liked this back when I was a kid, but it has a nostalgic value for me, so seeing it in a whole new animation with a possibly more mature plot will be exciting. Yes, I will be totally checking this out!

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Sailor Moon to get anime reboot!

I remember watching Sailor moon when I was younger. It was one of my first animes so to see a new version of the same story would definitely be nice.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Im really excited to hear this. Ive been waiting for something like this to happen eventually. Im pleased to see it will be launched worldwide at the same time. The fact that it will be aimed at older fans is interesting, so I have high hopes for this new version of my favorite anime ever.

I'm pretty excited for this! I wonder what the animation will look like.

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Yeah, heard about this the other day. It certainly sounds interesting, I'm planning to watch at least the first original season because I still haven't despite it being a must-see classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    I'm kinda embarrassed to admit (as a boy) that I liked this back when I was a kid
    No need for embarassment, anyone who thinks one's gender defines what they can or can't do is just closed-minded. :p

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

Yay, now I can watch this instead of the old one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
    No need for embarassment, anyone who thinks one's gender defines what they can or can't do is just closed-minded. :p
    As a brony, those words couldn't be anymore true.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

I'm SUPER excited by this!! I was very happy when I heard this! I cannot wait to see the animation quality!

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Blog Entries

I'd watch it. Still need to watch the original Sailor Moon, though. Everytime I think to watch it, I end up doing something else :/
    Astronomy Club... you know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaname Madoka
    If someone tells me that it’s wrong to hope, I will tell them they’re wrong every time.

Official Link Fanglomper SSJ_Jup81's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add SSJ_Jup81 on Facebook
    Visit SSJ_Jup81's Youtube Channel

I personally don't care about the animation stuff and don't understand the obsession with it, but I digress. I like the old animation style, as it's very very nostalgic to me (just like other shows and shows prior to it). The main things I care about is how they'll handle the characters themselves, whether or not all of the original seiyuu will reprise their roles (as far as I know, they're all still alive, unlike Dragon Ball [Tenshinhan for example]), and the story arcs.

Will it be closer to the manga this time, like Dragon Ball Kai was for the Z series? Will the settings remain the same, even though some places from the series don't exist anymore?

Will they ditch anime-only characters like the Moonlight Knight, Yuuchirou, and Ryo? *forgot their dub names*

Will they ditch the Rainbow Crystal Arc and the Makaiju arcs since they were literally both anime-original arcs? The other arcs were pretty much canon, just dragged out/changed.

Will Mamoru be a highschooler like he was for the manga as opposed to a university student for the anime (which personally always bugged me)? He did become one later on in the manga, but Usagi was in highschool by then (if I'm remembering right).

For Stars, will they stick to not gender-bending the Starlights and just have them as crossdressers (as it was part of their disguises)? Will they stick to the original story this time for Stars?

Will they include the Shitennou for Mamoru's character since they were totally regarded as ONLY being Beryl's brainwashed minions in the anime and dropped the fact that they acted as his guardians after their deaths to Mamoru, apologizing for ever joining Beryll in the first place?

Will they do the SMSS storyline right and have the Amazoness Quartet reawaken as the Asteroid Senshi?

Will they point out the fact that Mamoru has a golden crystal and that there's more to Tuxedo Kamen than just his rose throwing and that he did have attacks, though minor?

Speaking of attacks, will they change the Moon Gorgeous Meditation crap so that Chibi Moon can use it too (like in the manga)?

Will everyone receive their planet's crystals the way they did for the manga? For example, will Mars get her crystal from Phobos and Deimos (the crows of Hikawa jinja) when in their human form?

Speaking of Rei, will she be closer to her manga counterpart or will they let her keep her anime persona (since both are pretty different)....although granted, with her anime-counterpart, Junko herself said that her manga-self wouldn't have worked very well anime-wise...so I'll give this a pass.

Will they keep the outer soldiers around for SMSS, like in the manga?

Will they make more references to Sailor V and the importance of the Sailor V game, like in the manga? Or better yet, will they actually get her story fully right for the anime this time around (no England, people)?

Etc...

I'm more concerned with that type of stuff, as opposed to the animation style.

Hufflepuff is the place to be as loyalty and fairplay are very important to me.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Since the rumors are that this is going to be relatively short (which is unconfirmed, though), I hope things aren't too condensed. But otherwise, I am VERY excited for this!

But, am I the only one who actually liked the old English dub voice actors? Not the script changes, but the VAs themselves. I thought they were pretty good, although that might be the nostalgia talking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    But, am I the only one who actually liked the old English dub voice actors? Not the script changes, but the VAs themselves. I thought they were pretty good, although that might be the nostalgia talking.
    You mean DiC's dub? I didn't mind those voices, but not sure about the other dub's. I saw like one ep of SMS and heard "Serena's" and my ears felt like they were bleeding. ><
    FinalArcadia likes this.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I dont really care for the dub all that much, but it's ok. I wish that this new anime will be more like the manga.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
    You mean DiC's dub? I didn't mind those voices, but not sure about the other dub's. I saw like one ep of SMS and heard "Serena's" and my ears felt like they were bleeding. ><
    Yeah, the DiC one is the one I mean (Terri Hawkes might have been the VA for "Serena"). The Cloverway voice for "Serena" was really horrible, and so was "Amy's." At least they kept the original music in S, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
    Yeah, the DiC one is the one I mean (Terri Hawkes might have been the VA for "Serena"). The Cloverway voice for "Serena" was really horrible, and so was "Amy's." At least they kept the original music in S, though.
    If I'm not mistaken, I think Jennifer Cihi voiced Serena for DiC's dub.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast