Prime Minister of Japan resigns (again)

Thread: Prime Minister of Japan resigns (again)

Blog Entries

Default Prime Minister of Japan resigns (again)

I caught this while watching CNN earlier today. Do you realize that Japan has had four Prime Ministers since Junichiro Koizumi who have lasted a year or less in the past four years. They are Shinzo Abe, Yasuo Fukuda, Taro Aso, and now Yukio Hatoyama.

I don't follow Japanese politics to an extreme degree though why does it seem that they don't seem to last long?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Prime Minister of Japan resigns (again)

To put it simply, no one really wants to deal with it, unfortunately.

I think it's a bit humorous that the celebrated man who became prime minister representing a party that hasn't ruled in over a half of a century ended up becoming just another statistic.
    My name is Steven.
    I'm interested in rare stones,
    so I travel here and there.

S. Stone

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I think they need to get themselves together. Everybody knows their govenrment is unstable. Cant they keep a Prime Minister for more that a year?

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I don't follow Japanese politics to an extreme degree though why does it seem that they don't seem to last long?
    It's just the way Japanese politicians seem to operate. At the first sign of a scandal, the public demands that they step down. Because apparently, politicians are meant to be perfect or something.

Also, it's apparently "not normal" for your average Japanese person to follow politics. I've talked to several people on the subject, and the general consensus seems to be that the only people who follow Japanese politics are social outcasts and other weirdos. So, it seems that most people don't really care about the revolving door that is the Japanese Prime Minister position.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Also, it's apparently "not normal" for your average Japanese person to follow politics.
    This is definitely my experience. The only attitudes I've encountered when I try to ask people about politics are utter disinterest and occasional cynicism. Earlier this week one guy I talked to didn't even know the name of the new PM. And when I asked another what he thought of Kan this morning, he said, "The Prime Minister isn't really important in Japan. He doesn't do anything. None of those guys really make a difference."
    いまでは、ホラ
    笑いながら話ができるよ

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Also, it's apparently "not normal" for your average Japanese person to follow politics. I've talked to several people on the subject, and the general consensus seems to be that the only people who follow Japanese politics are social outcasts and other weirdos. So, it seems that most people don't really care about the revolving door that is the Japanese Prime Minister position.
    damn, this sounds like my kind of country. XD

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.