I love Pretear! I'd kind of forgotten about it, but I want to watch it again now :D
So how about...
Good Witch of the West (Nishi no Yoki Majo)
Petite Princess Yucie (Puchi Puri Yūshī)
And why are all the obscure anime I can think of cutesy shojo?
Ugh...Pretear. I hate that anime with a passion! The anime was so awful! Too many changes from the manga for my liking, and the Pretear manga is one of my favorites.
Anyway, how about the series Nanatsuiro Drops and Yotsunoha. Not sure if anyone's heard of those ones.Maybe it was. Not sure. Just thought it was originally an Australian show...or maybe I'm thinking of the books...
Last edited by SSJ_Jup81; 17th December 2009 at 12:22 AM.
Not sure, but I thank you. *fellow shojo fan kthx* Minky Momo is rather obscure everywhere (even on Youtube - it's a series from the late 1980s, I believe), but I know it was released as "Magical Princess Gigi" in the US . . . ugh, that title. Maybe that will help, but all I've seen was a movie (as horrid as the dub was) and a few transformation clips that I found online. *has a cuteness weakness*And why are all the obscure anime I can think of cutesy shojo?
I've actually heard of "Petite Princess Yucie" . . . watched a bit of it, but it lost me after a while. The concept is cute though, but I'd be willing to give it another try if I found a boxset of it anywhere.
Hmm, here's some titles I've enjoyed over the years, that maybe some of you have heard of, maybe some of you haven't, who knows. Some are dubbed, but are of the age that they may have slipped past the radar of many newcomers to Japanese animation, some have never made it to an English-speaking country and exist only in fan subtitled versions (or may not even have a subtitled version).
Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals
Future Boy Conan
I'd also mention Dr. Slump, but with a Viz/Shonen Jump translation of the manga out, I'd think that more people would be familiar with this than would be years ago.
(Or "Desert Punk" if you want to go English)
I can say with complete honesty that I've never heard of like 75% of the anime listed here, though I am surprised that I have at least heard of if not seen the other 25%. :)P
Also I've hardly met anyone who actually knew that the Deltora Quest book series was made into an anime. xDD
On G4 once upon a time:
ROD the TV
On Encore WAM (Movie channel):
Perfect Girl Evolution (Anime series, not the manga)
@Satoshi- I've heard of Doraemon and Future Boy Conan, but have not seen them yet.