Non-Anime Japanese TV Shows

Thread: Non-Anime Japanese TV Shows

Take It Easy, Chicken Virtual-Z's Avatar

Default Non-Anime Japanese TV Shows

I like anime as much as the next guy, but does anyone know any good non-anime shows from Japan that I should watch? I've got my few shows that I watch every week, and I'd like to add some from Japan too. But series that are already completed are all right too.

Share some good websites for news about this stuff too, if you know any.

Official Link Fanglomper SSJ_Jup81's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add SSJ_Jup81 on Facebook
    Visit SSJ_Jup81's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Non-Anime Japanese TV Shows

I can think of a few, but they're older series. Mr. Brain, Meitantei no Okite (iirc), and At Home Dad come to mind for me. All three dramas are interesting, imo.

Hufflepuff is the place to be as loyalty and fairplay are very important to me.

Blog Entries

Follow Baka-kun on Tumblr

Default Re: Non-Anime Japanese TV Shows

Ever heard of a show called K-tai Investigator 7? It's mainly drama, and it has a lot of sci-fi and toku elements.
    Keita Amishima is a high school freshman who gets involved in Under ANCHOR, an organization formed to bring cyber criminals to justice using advanced technology. Taking the place of a previous Under ANCHOR agent, Keita is paired up with Phone Braver 7, a cellphone robot. Together, the two track down the high-tech criminals as well as their benefactor, the renegade Phone Braver 01. But in the process, the two learn of a conspiracy within ANCHOR itself tied to its mysterious ex-agent Magira.
    The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you - Nyx (Persona 3)
    <- banner by TheEroKing of animesuki forums.